Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Transform Town Center to Fortified Town Center Individually
posted 31 May 2016 00:54 AM EDT (US)   
Hello,

I'd like to transform Town Centers to Fortified Town Centers individually by upgradeing the "fortified town center"-upgrade in the towncenter which will be fortified afterwards.

I'm working on it so there may be updates on this topic soon. But any help is appreciated since I'm not so sure how possible that is.

What I got:

- A new protounit "fortified town center" is copied from the old protounit (Settlement Level 1) with the required changes in the anim file. It is not a valid object to cast "sentinels" on so far.. umh, later with that.

- The "unittransform" is probably not helpful, since it usually transforms instantly and not after waiting a minute to "research" it.. but I'll try that later anyway, maybe there is a timing variable for that.
unittransform.xml from data contains Vill-to-Ulf and Attyunit-to-Heroattyunit-Transformations.

- I'm looking at the citadel godpower. The powers type is "swapunit" which sounds right.. I hope to make a "tech" with the type "swapunit" out of it @_@

Here I am with no clue whatsoever messing around. Help appreciated !

//EEEDIT 1:

- Unittransform successfully tried but I still dont want it to transform immediatly. Also the positioning of the button is bad there..

- I'm trying to make my new "Settlement Level X" buildable by Villagers on Top of "Settlement Level 1"-Buildings.. which doesnt work yet. The building is there but on placeing it wont accept the Settlement Level 1 as Socket. socketprotounit is set to Settlement Level 1, yet.. not working.
I would rather have the update working for units individually, but building on top is also okay, if the problems are resolved.. (buildicon mimics the fortified tc tech icon, buildable on top of _own_ settlements level 1 only, if destroyed while building back to socket, if destroyed when ready back to neutral settlement..)

[This message has been edited by Lilitu (edited 05-31-2016 @ 04:02 AM).]

Replies:
posted 22 July 2016 01:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
I'm still a little confused here about what you want to do. Also, the question thread is a great place for questions like this. You should get more replies.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Transform Town Center to Fortified Town Center Individually
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames