You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Legends of Middle-Earth 5.0's Beta is here!
posted 18 October 2017 09:38 AM EDT (US)   
A few months back I posted the beta files for LoME on Moddb, which you can find here!

The beta allows for Direct IP/LAN configuration. Direct IP can be sustained with the help of private servers such as Evolve, or Hamachi.

LOME 5 is bubbling over with new content! Including redesigned hud screens for factions, music, and textures! As well as new feature length single player campaign!

LOME 5 marks the new age of Middle-Earth with the inclusion of a brand new playable major god for the Northern Realms: Mandos! Mandos brings focus to the Men of Forochel, and the ancient Elven civilization of Doriath. He comes with a full array of new god powers, major gods, and myth units!

A new update for the beta is coming soon for anyone who decides to start playing, so keep an eye out!

The second reason for this post is that I would like to announce that LOME's team (being comprised soley of myself) is looking for experienced modders to help aid the rest of development. Niche modders such as ai and rms scripters are extremely welcome, as well as experienced scenario designers to help the campaign!

The News Shadow is a fully voice acted, originally scored campaign for LOME, focusing on the stories of Saelon, Borlas, and Eldarion of the Fourth Age, as they struggle to defend their homeland from the threats of Man's own evils.

At 15 planned scenarios, The New Shadow is taking a long time to develop solo, and I am reaching out as much as possible for assistance.

LoME 5 will hopefully see a release for EE on Steam! But until then, this release post is considerate towards The Titans build of the game.
The full version of the mod will hopefully be added here to AoMH at release. However, it is worthy to note that LOME does have a hefty 668 mb download size!

Current Projects:
Legends of Middle-Earth 5.0 LoME Spring 2021 Update!Legend of Zelda V1.1 Modpackpack Released! Have a nice day.
Replies:
posted 28 October 2017 03:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
How did I miss this thread for so long, is beyond me. Keep the work going.

AoM vanilla planned also?
posted 28 October 2017 07:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
Define "vanilla", please. If you mean the Titans version, LOME is currently only supporting that. Lome is planned to make the Extended Edition release in the future, but the Titans is the only current release for the mod.

Current Projects:
Legends of Middle-Earth 5.0 LoME Spring 2021 Update!Legend of Zelda V1.1 Modpackpack Released! Have a nice day.
posted 30 October 2017 10:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Hello good sir. I played the original one a long time ago and holy crap, living my favorite movies in aom was such a great thing! There were a few things I didn't like such as heroes only making sounds when selected and not when moving (or the other way around) and the fact that you could go to cinematic areas, since the objectives or where you had to go was not clearly specified.
I would be honored to help with a map or two in the new campaign. I don't mod but I've been making scenarios for quite some time and my latest cinematic adventure, Ferguson Mansion, managed to hit the Download Spotlights and File of the Month.
Also Tolkien abandoned the New Shadow, so are you going to make up some stuff?

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
posted 30 October 2017 08:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
You'll be elated to hear that the sound issues from heroes and units has been entirely rectified. Units and soldiers are now fully voiced in their native languages, and heroes such as Aragorn have dozens of new, high quality responses (Aragorn in particular has nearly 60 lines taken from Viggo Mortensen).

As for the campaign, yes; the large majority of the story is original seeing as Tolkien didn't write much. Being a devout Tolkien-ist, I've done my research to write a memorable, and respective sequel. If you are intersted in joining up, you can add me on Steam as "[NC] Venlesh".

Current Projects:
posted 02 November 2017 03:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
Can you please say what is the complete range of this mod ?
Is this only campains with new civs ?
Is it multiplayer new civilisations in addition to the former or replacing them ?
What is different from the original aom ?

This seems very interesting
posted 02 November 2017 05:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
In regards to the question, "what does Lome encompass?" Everything. Legends of Middle-Earth us a complete conversion mod. Lome replaces all of the original aom factions with Tolkien's work. As you can see from the new major god selection screen, all the gods have been replaced with new techs, powers, and units! You can take armies of Uruk-Hai and battle legions of Elven warriors, the possibilities are almost endless.

It is multiplayer compatible, and features single player campaigns as well. The Fellowship of the Ring, and the Two Towers are completely playable, and the first four scenarios for Return of the King are included. The next full update of Lome will include the complete version of Rotk, and the New Shadow.

The old version of lome also had single player random map ai, but the new version in this release does not currently. I released this beta mostly for the purposes of multiplayer, however.

Current Projects:
posted 02 November 2017 08:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
thank you for this complete answer

So this is like if you made a second aom, with similar rules and engine but all is changed

seems to be a great stuff
posted 02 November 2017 08:27 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
Yessir, and it all comes packaged with its own .exe file to keep the mod consolidated from the original game.

Current Projects:
posted 03 November 2017 05:12 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
And for the moment it's just the online playing (on a server) that isn't here, only the direct ip/lan
So it has his own data file for exemple, and does not change anything in the original game but offer a second version.
posted 11 November 2017 06:24 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
posted 13 November 2017 09:57 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
Hey EaZy, this is not the best place for this, but could you email me?

Thanks

posted 13 November 2017 11:54 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
The one and only, EaZy! I hope you're glad to see how LTA lives on!

Current Projects:
posted 14 November 2017 12:55 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
This is great news! Really glad to see that someone has picked up the torch. Sure thing, AoM, however I'm pretty busy and don't often get time to come on here. Is it regarding anything to do with LTA? Drop me your email and i'll try to whenever i'm free!
posted 14 November 2017 02:20 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
The email on my profile would be good

posted 14 November 2017 03:08 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
posted 08 December 2017 02:07 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
Is this available for download yet?
posted 08 December 2017 11:33 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
@KING yes. The mod is available for Titans version. EE support is on the way.

Current Projects:
posted 31 January 2018 10:59 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
A lot of 4.0 version problems stay here.

[This message has been edited by FunnyMaster (edited 02-21-2018 @ 08:14 AM).]

posted 04 February 2018 01:08 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
Hello there! I'd definitely like to hear more about this issue you're encountering with Mordor civs. Can you please detail a bit more?

Current Projects:
posted 07 February 2018 04:27 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
LIST OF BUGS
(is someone going to read it?)
- AI doesn't work
- in Mordor civs ox carts go too far from TC (looks like they go scouting )
- Snagas don't need dropsites
- fishing ships aren't avaliable to Mordor civs and to Mandos
- most of units look stupid at low graphics
- in-game menu buttons become green when pressed
- some heroes have relics under their legs
- some units don't have sound
- Sauron is so evil that his idle and bored animations make whole screen slower and lower FPS
- all (except Shire) menu backgrounds do the same
- wings of Nazgul's flying beasts are too huge, and I can't see behind them
- same problem with Mordor TC smoke
- garrison flag of TC flies somewhere in the sky
- hobbits can't build a foundry
- you can't gather food from Mordor wolf
- Nazgul FB landed has problem with landing animation
- Nazgul FB landed... erm... doesn't have Nazgul itself
- Barrow Wights can't attack buildings
- Moria Goblins and Orc Slingers are too slow
- Orc Swordsman disappears during one of the walk animations
- some of the "other" civs have ulfsarks in deathmatch
- Water of Life turns to unit which it heals
- civilization charts contain some squares with nothing
- Eldarion, Gondor lighthouse and Legolas special SFX have "***" before their names
- Barad Dur and Tower of the Sun have some attack problems
- a lot of villagers can gather from 1 Spring of Arda fruit
- The Iron Hall has less HP and pierce armour then TC
- skin changers have SetGlow undefined, but some extra heads in anim file
- top of the Mumakil (with not moving archers) looks stupid
- Mandos's TC can attack only after Fortified TC upgrade
- then, when attacking it turns into hobbits' TC
- Mordor TC can attack only after Fortified TC upgrade
- corpses do not disappear
- Frodo and Merry have no texture
- age advancing doesn`t have blue line at the top of GPs
- villagers cost too much comparing to their low gather rate
- Riding Nazgul have tooooo low speed and LOS
- Sauron does not spawn at Iron Hall and tower of Isengard
- Sauron must be Maiar of Mordor, not Valar
- Pallando and Alatar names are mixed
- some of Mandos armoury researches (sword, bow, horses) do nothing
- Sauron death damages both enemies and allies
- almost impossible to carry relics for Mandos
- impossible to carry relics for Mordor, if you don`t worship Sauron or Saruman
- extremely hard to get favor for Mordor
- Riding Nazgul has no player color signs
- as well as FBs
- as well as orcs
- as well as orc buildings
- as well as uruk hai
- as well as easterlings
- elks and caribous have 650 food
- Mordor wolves take no time and no resources to train
- Throwing Axemen of Forodwaith do not increase their damage with improvements
- Javelin Tossers are not avaliable to train
- Hunting Dog has 220 initial HP and 2200 max HP
- major valar information does not include all of the bonuses (i.e. does not include starting Nazgul)
- instead of "Valar of Northern folk" there is "VSLSR"
- Mandos armory is sometimes just a foundation (when completed)

In general, Measse and Melkor have cool rush abilities. Especially I enjoyed playing for Melkor , but there are some wood problems in the beginning.
Mandos looks kinda week, Melkor can wipe him out just by Lies of Morgoth + Blood lust + Call the Horde (gives you in total 4 slingers, 6 pikemen and 1 uber nazgul after 1:40 - 1:50), he gets few villagers and only 2 military (acting like scouts); he can't make archaic army. It's a shame he gets only 3 regular military units.
You can find a lot of useful info on LoTR here.

If you need any help, except RMS, models and AI editing, you can ask me.

Best regards, FunnyMaster

[This message has been edited by FunnyMaster (edited 01-31-2019 @ 10:51 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Legends of Middle-Earth 5.0's Beta is here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames