You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Deathmatch Discussions

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A Guide For Using Loki And Useful Tips For Any God.
posted 13 November 2003 07:15 PM EDT (US)   
When using Loki or any other god, there are many different things to remember. For this guide, I wrote a walkthrough and also useful tips to remember. Before the walk through, these are important thing to remember:

- Be aware of the map. Wall off on the sides of your base so you wont be attacked from the sides.

- Make sure you know all counters. Be ready to switch your units at any time. (example: if your pumping ta's(throwing axe men)and they are pumping hippikons, be ready to switch your units from ta to ufls.

- Make sure you use your god to the fullest. Make sure you go the right god path. Certian gods will give you certian upgrades, make sure you know which ones give you what.

--GUIDE FOR LOKI--
1. Create A Temple. Take one ulf and make all your houses. Right away make two ulfs. Flag them (right click) to the temple.

----Advance Under Forseti----

2. Take one ulf and start your armory. Build 3 ulfs from your tc and flag them to the armory. Take the rest of your ulfs (except the one building your houses) to build about 12 barracks almost 1/2 way to your opponent. (Usually by the TCs)

Note: As soon as your barracks get up, start pumping units from them.
----Advance Under Bragi-----

3. Get the ufls that built your armory to now build a market. Make 3 ulfs right after you advance. Take the two ufls to build your closest tc.
Note: There should be one ulf working on the market and then 4 by the time it's done.

Note: At this time you should have your barracks completed or close to completed. As soon as one gets up, make ulfs or ta and use them to help build or guard the tcs that will be somewhere in the middle of the map.

----Advance Under TYR----

4. As soon as you go Mythic, build ox carts and vills or dwarves for gold. Also build A few trade carts going to your last tc built. You should also have Fenris Wolf Brood on circulate from your temple, this is how you will rade his tcs and titan gate.
Remember: The more Fenris Wolf Brood you have, the stronger they are.

Things to Remember for Loki:
-Keep your economy going anyway you can, sell something from your market if you have to.
-Use rams and ballistas to take down buildings
For More Information or Anymore Tips Contact and/or Visit:

Aim: DilutedPunk8
Msn: ero_clan@hotmail.com
E-Mail: tsc_storm@hotmail.com

My Site: www.geocities.com/theaomoffical

When You Press That Start Button, Better Hope You Dont See TSC_Storm.
Replies:
posted 13 November 2003 09:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Not bad, although you might considering adding Hel in there also...since she's even more powerful these days.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 14 November 2003 00:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
wtf? i dont play loki... but i can tell you thats not the best way to go about things.... whenever i play yellow's loki or a smurf's loki even if they go hel they have building ALL around me, it just seems like they spam longhouses and towers EVERYWHERE, and eventually hillforts so it takes FOREVER to take out their base and if i do i am wasting units there and they attack from the other side, and if i attack over there they make more units from the sdie i left!!!
posted 14 November 2003 09:19 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
don't play loki much now a days but when i do at times i advance with heimdall to get some Einherjar... i know am losing out on hersir speed and increaded hit points with when you mix in some einherjar will your ulfs and ta's.. they can do alot of damage and undermine can help get through those walls... and why would you advance under tyr? yes ulfs and husks get increase but does not the advantage of + 100 hit points of your myth and myth training faster out weigh it? with norse you gather favour so quickly.. why put it to waste? just my opinion...
take care
posted 14 November 2003 03:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
No offense, but that post is a very poorly written one. Loki should be very offensive..

You should not build in the front mainly, you should send beginning ulfs to build barracks around other TCs in order to grab them, then secure yours. Loki fights using sneak attacks, not up front.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Deathmatch Discussions » A Guide For Using Loki And Useful Tips For Any God.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames