You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Deathmatch Discussions

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Another guide for loki o_O - Double Temple start
posted 14 November 2003 10:04 AM EDT (US)   
Double Temple
Purpose - To have 160 pop at 2:40 game time for overpowering enemy builds.

You start with 2 sets of 2 ulfs, each building a temple, while the 5th ulf builds houses. The rest of your ulfs that are built from the start tc go to two semi forward map positions, preferably near the central area on the map, near your side.

At the start you should make 3-4 ulfs from your tc, depending on your speed, 3 if you're fast, 4 if you're slow.

You split the ulfs evenly to your semi-central build positions and make a temple at your primary site central attack site. Once you get a slight grip on the map with barracks, start towering to stop enemy forward pushes, but more importantly, let us get back to your advancing build orders.

You hit 2nd age with you first units hitting the 2 locations. You create hersirs out of your two temples and make 3 myth units to after u fill the primary temple build slots with hersirs. The reasoning behind making the 3 mu's is to build up favor for mythic, you will make a few fg's, delete the 3 mu's, that u have geued up, and you use the favor to make more fg's. This will give a good 7 fg's at mythic for your forward attack.

The temples with their hersirs, should have their check points set on your side town centers. One temple per town center, the hersirs will build them and get them up around 2:20. Send the mu's that come out of the first temple to protect your forward base builders.

2 ulfs should be building your advance buildings after the first age, 2 on armory, 2 on market. All other ulfs should be setting up your forward build bases for maximizing pop when u get tc's up.

At 2 mins, send 1-2 ulfs to make 4-5 markets. After the markets are built, make a few hill forts and barracks to protect trade.

At mythic have 10 gold miners mine nearest mine.

First tc produces farms

Second tc produces farms/wood

Never use market to sell wood (silly norse early market sellers lol, especially when their civ can obtain gold so quickly).

Keep pushing your fg's to kill enemy forward buildings, taking out defenses.

Since u hit 160 pop before 3 mins, against greek and eggy you can overpower their unbuilt tc's and do some form of tc grab. Being 40+ pop means u can max units... and fg... without worrying about enemy early heroes and heavy mu.

All I can say is.... max econ quickly so you can just knock your opponent silly. Most of my games end at 5-6 mins as Norse with my econ going full swing, which means it is capable of replacing lost units quickly. If you keep hitting the enemy, keeping him from getting econ, he's gonna hurt.

Some other silly tips - Ta's are anti infantry not anti archer... so mix cavalry against archer armies.

Battle boars are a nusiance use them if u can't mass fg's due to enemy massed infantry.

Never side ram a good opponent... this must be the silliest thing I have seen rooks do to me. They send 20-30 rams at the sides and lose every one of them to villy micro. I had one game where this dude sent 15 rams at me, they never touched a building. If you want to ram a good player, ram from the front, taking out forward defenses. The objective is to keep hitting a position till the enemy caves in and allows u to pull apart his innards

What's with the silly mountain giant forward temple build thingy rooks are using? Lol... I mean, come on... do they think my scouting won't spot them? All I need to do is build one balerephon with one medusa, and you lose 6-7 mountain giants in a matter of seconds.

Forward Norse side builds are also a joke, where you build two inches from my side tc's. You are just being silly when u send 6 units to die to my early mu's. Maybe if this was aom non-titans, but this is titans. U think I can't see you, because you can't see me? Lol. Smart players see you coming for ages. Then when they keep trying to side build on multiple sides... just silly. Like i said, Norse speed times are best in a semi-forward build. Side build only on closed maps, and only if u can choke the enemy forward push.

«´¨`.¸¸.*Dr3aM*.¸¸.´¨`»

Reach for the stars, but don't let me stop you :p

[This message has been edited by StArLiGhT_Dr3aM (edited 11-17-2003 @ 02:08 PM).]

Replies:
posted 14 November 2003 03:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Wow Thanks dr3am, this helped a lot

How about a rec showing this, if you don't mind?

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 14 November 2003 03:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
Hey dream, you're a great player and all and you have all these strats, and yes a recorded would be nice.. But you have us a greek rush and a Loki 2x Temple strat.. which one would win in a normal game of equal skilled players?
posted 15 November 2003 00:43 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
The loki one would win, it's faster and more serious than the greek one

I really wouldn't use the greek power rush against a top 20 loki, but it can be easily used against non-top 20 players.

I'll get yall a rec game, it's not that hard to pull off.

If you are really good at it you can get both of your tc's up around 2:30 then grab an enemy tc around 3:20. Which i've only done 2-3 times.

«´¨`.¸¸.*Dr3aM*.¸¸.´¨`»

posted 18 November 2003 08:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
GloryOfSparta will love this.

>Not in any Clan
|
posted 19 November 2003 11:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
gloryofsparta prolly wont love this one lol... its not pro greek...:-\
posted 19 November 2003 12:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
Hi, i have played against you today.
I'm Forgotten_Master

http://aom.hsc.be

Check my site out
There will be soon many content

posted 19 November 2003 07:44 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
very nice article dream! I'm gunna try dis out! and stop making fun of my rams!

^Redwolf^
Don't sit there and take it! They built it we can break it!-AF
Voted The AOMH favorite newbie '03(first semester)
Member of the Phantom Warrior clan
Proud Member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
\...\Skate and Destroy/.../
posted 19 November 2003 07:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16  

«´¨`.¸¸.*Dr3aM*.¸¸.´¨`»

posted 19 November 2003 10:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
dr3am u just posted on how your an anti norse player, yet i see you giving ppl key tips on how to beat Non norse civs.

LMAO w/e this double temple strat doesnt work, i find that presure right away is a lot harder to fight off then presure at the 3 min mark

posted 20 November 2003 12:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
Don't try to start something yellow, stick to the topic. The strat does work, in lower levels (i.e. not top 20)

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 20 November 2003 01:18 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
It works top 20,

I put RaTeD_MoNsTeR at #4 100% wins a week ago using it. If you didn't notice, I don't write articles for experts. Just because I've written many an article for various civs, doesn't mean I should leave the Norse players out.

«´¨`.¸¸.*Dr3aM*.¸¸.´¨`»

[This message has been edited by StArLiGhT_Dr3aM (edited 11-20-2003 @ 01:19 PM).]

posted 24 November 2003 05:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
ya dream... very nice idea with that, what if u play another norse player and he spams hersirs and FGs.. i played against someone who did that. i made TA and RC to kill his hersirs, but they got annihilated by his 8 FG.. so i just spammed hersir but i still couldnt get by.. what do u do in that position?
posted 24 November 2003 08:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
yes you should dream and give ppl like me playing eggy a chance no really.. great job dream and if i haven't thanked you for you taking the time and helping ppl like me get better well... much appreciated and if you're ever in my neck of the woods, let me know.. will buy you a drink
take care
wolfram_dent
posted 02 December 2003 06:36 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
I try'd the strat en it works very good

thnx man for the strat very good

posted 03 December 2003 05:03 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
Can you post a rec Dr3aM? I think we would all apreciate it very much
posted 03 December 2003 07:47 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
I agree with dream that u can see the guys comming, IMO this works better against non-norse civs, because against loki hes just gunna FG rush one side and ur done for.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Deathmatch Discussions » Another guide for loki o_O - Double Temple start
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames