posted 10 July 2003 07:07 PM EDT (US)   
I used to hate playing against Norse but now there not so bad to play against since i know how to play Set better now. I still lose to the good Norse players somtimes but that's cuse of the damn sneak attacks and wolves.

Norse usally win beacuse of the sneaks and Wolves but if you stop them at that the Norse military units really cant put up a good challange against Set or any other Egyption civs units.

Simply take over the middle as quickly as you can. Have the Set animlas scout in the corners but not all of them. maybe 1 or 2 of them.

Alot of times Norse players build to far from there base and thats a perfect rush with your anubites and animals. Now im not gonna go over how to build with Set and egyptions beacuse Starlight_dream has already wrote a great Article on how to start with the egyptions on one of the replys he had on one of the topics i wrote. The topic was called "Starlight_dream i got a question". look into it it well help out alot. I in the other hand am just gonna explain the little stuff to help.

Now if you see corner build with your animals or the priest you have at the very start, send out a raid right away and take out the few units hes got working on buildings. Now if you think he is still out there keep about 10 units in base since they cant really have a big army to sneak with if they want to apply there position in there base.

Now by each Town cenetr you build in your base i would say to put at least 3 priest by the TC ( you can build them right away from your Tc). Now start building towers around the TC, make a circle of them, but dont go all all crazy and build like 12 by one TC.

Towers well help you out way more than you probaly think. Now if he sent wolves you have mercs that you cant build right away from your TC which dont take any pop limit, you have your priest there who well do good againt myth, and you got your towers to support you and your TC also is there attacking with arrows.

If he sends Rams to your Tc you can either use mercs or the 10 units you have in your base waiting for a raid. If he decides to raid then you got your towers your raiding army, mercs if needed, and preist can heal your units or if they have myth use them againt myth.

Then when you see which side he came from you well be able to search that side and finish his side base off with some siege or scarab, your 10 and 12 units, and there goes his sneak base.

Now that you have Your TC safe you well be fine with economy and pop limit.

Now the units that will kill Norse while you fight in middle or main battle, i would say that work for me are the slingers, spearmen a few priest and siege. you should already have castles and towers build up also. Remeber once the wolves dont do anything and corner base dosent affect you your units in main battle well take over easy. Make sure you go the right god path against the Norse. i go anubis, Sekhmet,and then horus.

-slingers- they well kill everything in there longhouse that they make besides raiding cavarly.

-spearmen- well kill all cavarly and with there 2X bonus attack with Horus they get, they well kill them even faster.

-Priest- they well protect you from myth/ if there is no myth use them to heal your units while they fight. it well be useful.

-siege- Make sure you get siege out soon or Norse well be harder to take since they build so many towers in there bases.

-Midgold Stronghold- If you make a Stronghold before a siege shop make sure to make some elephants instead to take out buildings.

-Pharoah and vills- always try to build more towers up and also pump out as much rhinos with your Pharoah as you can. keep a flow of them coming. They are great beacuse they take only favor to make.

-Anubite- if you notice that he stopped making heroes make
Anubties again. They are great against infantry and dont take that much pop limit( only 3).

All of what i wrote might seem time consuming but it really isent when you play. It happens real fast. defense can be built faster than you think just like how a sneak attack can be formed quickly with the Norse.

Also make sure you use your god powers wisely, and dont go crazy with archers from the Midgol stronghold. The units made out of the barracks are the one's that kill Norse units and economiclly the egyptions units are very cheap. Gold is most important with egyptions. All there buildings you build Im pretty sure only cost gold and even the farms cost only gold, but this does not include all the free stuff like houses and mine camps. But dont ignore the other reasources im just saying that gold is used most by the egyptions.

Well good luck, i Hope this helps with people that have problems aganist Norse with the Egyptions. This might have been a waist of time cuse most 1750+ players might already do this but hopefully this well help some.