Please login or register

News
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New Review Guidelines
posted 31 July 2009 04:40 AM EDT (US)   
Welcome to the unveiling of our wonderful new review guidelines!

These have been worked on for the purpose of providing a thorough and comprehensive guide on how to review any file in the downloads section to high quality, while giving the author detailed help about how to improve.

They are extremely informative, and should be read by all people who plan on making reviews if they are unsure of anything to do with reviewing.

We have to thank Khan&Steak who have both been working away tirelessly to create these new guidelines. Some have also been written by Yeebaagooon and Skarr. The official AoMH review team approves of these new guidelines and they will go into effect immediately.
Replies:
posted 31 July 2009 04:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
A player can't really complain if their computer is too slow too handle the scenario, can they? This has been put as a mark down in the playability issue.
posted 31 July 2009 05:39 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
A player can't really complain if their computer is too slow too handle the scenario, can they?
Allow me to take this wonderful opportunity to remind you that this game is actually 7 years old?

In my opinion these new reviews guidelines are good. Although I'm not quite sure about setting 3 as the maximum possible score for instructions if no story is present. What if it's a small map with great triggers to provide the best gameplay? Does it really need a story behind it? Must it be marked down because of that?

That whole section needs to be rewritten. It's too restricting and written in a very informal style. Actually, other reviews are too informal..
Miscellaneous files are quite hard to give guidelines for
I know its hard. We all do. Finally, the pages need to be more consistent with the styling. Here - add some bolds, add links to the other pages when referring to them.

Anyways, it's a great work you've guys have done here. Good job. .
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
posted 31 July 2009 05:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
I'm a little disappointed to see the 3 line rule has been kept (see this discussion) but other than that it looks like a very comprehensive guide and should improve the quality of reviews - providing people read it.

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 31 July 2009 03:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
I think there should be a rating which people who want to give a quick view without writing essays can use to say how good the scenario is. I think 3 lines per catagory can put some people off. Also 3 lines can appear different depending on who is viewing it. I have a high resolution so 3 liens is a lot more than 3 lines for others!

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 07-31-2009 @ 03:42 PM).]

posted 31 July 2009 07:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
posted 31 July 2009 10:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
Yay finally in.

posted 01 August 2009 04:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
I thought the cinematic field had a creativity score...

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 04 August 2009 09:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
In my opinion these new reviews guidelines are good. Although I'm not quite sure about setting 3 as the maximum possible score for instructions if no story is present. What if it's a small map with great triggers to provide the best gameplay? Does it really need a story behind it? Must it be marked down because of that?

Eh. The score is specifically for a storyline, isn't it? And besides, if I got it right, it says that if a story isn't neccessary, then the scenario should be judged on instructions alone.

Good to see them up after such a long time, though. ^_^

Sweet baby maizes!
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » News » New Review Guidelines
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames