Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Patch v1.07 Changes
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 29 September 2003 07:10 PM EDT (US)   
Yeup, it's what you've all been waiting for, the changes made to AoM with patch 1.07! It looks like a lot of bugs were fixed, plus a ton of balancing issues. Set and the Norse are toned down for the most part, which fixes a lot of problems gamers were experiencing. Awesome stuff, here it is; please keep all comments in this thread to save time for the ES staff:

"At this point, the patch is on hold until we can figure out why the LOC teams can’t login to ESO. As much as I hate not posting the patch, this is the smartest course of action until we’re certain these are isolated test issues or have fixed it. I will let you know as soon as this is resolved." - Rob "Xemu" Fermier

Age Of Mythology(tm) v1.07
Patch Release Notes
September 16, 2003

============================================================ ======

If you are encountering out of sync (OOS) problems when playing multiplayer, go to http://www.windowsupdate.comand ensure that you have the latest updates. Specifically, downloading and installing the Microsoft Processor Driver Version 5.1.2600.1152 for the AMD Athlon is known to fix potential out of sync problems. Also, if you are having trouble connecting to ESO or to games and other users, please check out the Age of Mythology FAQ on http://www.eso.com.

Patch 1.07 - fixes a crash, a couple ESO issues and some balance concerns.

CLIENT FIXES

• Fixed a memory overwrite caused by changing diplomacy settings with 12 players.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed advancing ages in two separate Town Centers.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in rare circumstances involving loading save games multiple times.
  • Fixed an exploit where shift-click trading had better rates than single-clicking at the Market.
  • Fixed a multiplayer exploit that could cause the game to stall.
  • Fixed an exploit that unfairly adjusted the camera view using console commands.
  • Priests now properly recieve adjusted bonus damage in all cases.
  • Added additional checks to prevent known hacks from working in multiplayer.
  • Destroyed foundations no longer give a full refund to the builder. The refund is now scaled proportionally to the completion of the building, so a building that is 10% complete will only give back a 90% refund.
  • Unit Balance Adjustments (NOTE: Save games from all previous versions will not be affected by the balance changes. Recorded games from all previous versions are still supported and will replay as before):

• All huntable animals converted by Set priests now have their damage reduced by 40%.
    • Rhino, Auroch, Elephant, Hyena, Ape, Gazelle and Boar of Set, when summoned or converted now all cost 1 more pop slot.
    • All the huntable Set creatures had their hitpoints reduced.
    • Ape of Set costs 1 more favor.
    • Raiding Cav now receive only a 10% bonus to hitpoints and speed from Thundering Hooves.
    • Raiding Cav now take 3 seconds longer to train.
    • Poseidon stables cost an additional 10 wood.
    • Ra priests now have a 5% empowerment boost when empowering villagers gathering resources.
    • Greek docks cost 25 less wood.
    • Ulfsarks pierce armor increased by 5%.
    • Hill Forts cost increased by 50 for both wood and gold.
    • Hill Forts attack range decreased by 2.
    • Portable ram hitpoints reduced by 35.
    • Portable ram speed decreased by .35.
    • Siege tower hitpoints reduced by 50.

NETWORK AND ESO FIXES

• Added compatibility support for AoM to communicate with the Titans Expansion over Friends and Chat.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed users to hack their random map set in rated games.
  • Fixed a bug in multiplayer where random teams were not really random.
  • Added improved ESO connectivity support for NAT and ICS.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing various data update issues; this includes the problem where players would sit at the search screen with the message ‘connecting…’ indefinitely.

Angel Socvazius | Chief Executive Officer, HeavenGames LLC
"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!"
HeavenGames | Join the Facebook Group | The HG Blog
Soccy's Periodic Obsession: ROFLCon

[This message has been edited by Angel Socvazius (edited 09-29-2003 @ 07:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 30 September 2003 06:25 PM EDT (US)     61 / 78  
Norse even "more useless than before"? Why were they 70+% of advanced setup players if they sucked so much? Yes, portable rams were overpowered... took forever to kill even with cav (ballista towers harder to kill, but more expensive resource and pop wise, bulkier, and slower.) Add to that spammed hillforts and Norse ruled against Greek particularly. This should balance things a LITTLE.

I think some people just don't like giving up unfair advantages.

posted 30 September 2003 06:42 PM EDT (US)     62 / 78  
how come i don't see the +1 hack damage by Hersirs? just noticed that they now have 9 instead of 8..
posted 30 September 2003 06:46 PM EDT (US)     63 / 78  
+10% HP and Speed to Jarls and RC for 300F and 20Fv (According to TT changes) is just too much.
spirited charge adds 10% attack and 10% speed at 250 food 35 favor....
so its about even....
"Its Age of Egypts still."
at what point was it age of egypt???
just check the rates at holbert for ra and isis!
" Their pierce armor should be higher with those shields they carry."
lol!!!!
it is...
units only carry shields once you upgrade to copper shields, even huskarls
just check if you dont believe me
"3 seconds is really big."
build another longhouse... (which shouldn't be a big hit after early classical...)
and hips take 20 seconds to train, so dont be whining
"ta are being nerfed so that they don't beat the newly nerfed RC?"
at what point are ta nerfed in 1.07???
"Norse, now need 500 wood and gold to make a considerable heroic army?"
wait....
what's wrong w/ longhouse units???
many eggie players do fine w/o midgol units, and most experts use them very sparingly
"Freya is now useless when compared to Hermes. Hermes has a powerful myth unit (nothing raids like a centaur can), "
actually, valks raid very well w/ their 7.something speed and 18 attack....
"I REALLY DOUBTH I WILL BUY YOUR CRAPPY X-PACK WHERE MY FAV GOD(AND CULTURE) ARE SO USELESS TO PLAY WITH THAT NOBODY WILL CHOOSE THEM"
yeah...
just because es nerfed a civ means they're total idiots huh....
you are so stupid...
how old are you man? five?
"Why were they 70+% of advanced setup players if they sucked so much? "
but there's nw games, which probably added 5% to the norse total, then again, there's also the "OMG!!! NO NORSE HERE!!!" games....
posted 30 September 2003 07:14 PM EDT (US)     64 / 78  
I was referring to the TT changes as well, in which case TA do get another undeserved nerf.
Most of the changes I like, even the Thundering hooves one, despite being a RC spammer myself...
I'm not sure about the ram nerfs though, they weren't really as overpowered as the siege towers.
And finally, with the range nerf, will hillforts have less range than towers? Just a question, if they do it really doesn't make any sense.
posted 30 September 2003 07:17 PM EDT (US)     65 / 78  
And about telling me to stop whining about the extra time on RC build times... Read the whole line and maybe you won't make an ass out of yourself. I was asking if the 3 extra seconds was for both classical and heroic, unlike the extra hippikon time.
posted 30 September 2003 07:31 PM EDT (US)     66 / 78  
I think the ability to take TC's in classic changes this whole pecking order people are imagining. IMO this benefits norse immensely, as they are the map controlling easy building civs. Will the FH be so viable now? Doesnt the possibly decreased desirability of FH really hurt a FH *dependent* civ like Isis/Ra?

Are the impending nerfs to TA and RC legit? Seems strange they wouldnt just be done in this patch. the other changes seem ok. Hillforts were a little cheap before, and rams were pretty strong. I dont see how these alterations ruin odin to hades status.

If the xpac does indeed nerf rc/ta, it is probably a reflection of the ease by which norse will grab tc's and map control in classic. remains to be seen if it wise or not i suppose.

posted 30 September 2003 07:37 PM EDT (US)     67 / 78  

Quote:

This is the worst patch i ever saw. c'mon, my only god i reached 1750 once will be become just like ra after 1.0.3 patch. eggies will own everthing, greek will own norse and odin will lose vs other norse too. One of odin best bonus(hillfort bonus) will be harder to obtain cos they cost more now and will be weaker. THX ES FOR MAKING MY CIV CRAP. THANK YOU WILL MAKE AN ALREADY STRONG CIV EVEN MORE POWERFULL THEN BEFORE(isis). WHY CAN'T YOU BALANCE THIS GAME GOOD WITHOUT THERE WILL BE EXTREME WEAK(ra, hades and now odin) OR TOO STRONG GODS(poseidon, loki, odin, set, and now isis). I REALLY DOUBTH I WILL BUY YOUR CRAPPY X-PACK WHERE MY FAV GOD(AND CULTURE) ARE SO USELESS TO PLAY WITH THAT NOBODY WILL CHOOSE THEM(even if i don't buy it i have this worthless patch).
benjamin

Shut up, good God. Stop flaming ES. They nerfed it, and you got your God nerfed, Jesus man, your a complete idiot. Learn to play a game. I'm glad no more age of Norse. Age of Egypt, I seriously doubt it. I'm tired of whiners like you. Your foolish people who just care too much about their damn rating to care about anything else. Man, and attacking ES for the rating decay? Do you poeple actually care so much about some numbers on a screen that you would flame a company for trying to improve a game and make it better? I'm trying to see that God does make mistakes in personalities...

Flames
1/5 Winner of AOMH's Funniest Forumer Award

"No! Back away! I'll give you anything you want! Money? Women?... Men?"- Stewie

posted 30 September 2003 08:52 PM EDT (US)     68 / 78  
The thing I find ridiculous is the fact that people can complain before even trying the changes out. I agree, on the surface some things may seem wrong or harsh, but its very had to tell how these changes will play out in the actual game. So how about every one just give it a try for a while and have some faith in ES for once. Damn people seem to forget that ES are the makers of all "Age of" games and without them none of us would've ever had the pleasure of playing such fine games.

BTW, I'm a norse player and while I don't like to see my civ get nerfed, I won't make any assumptions until I have played with the new changes many, many times.

posted 30 September 2003 09:05 PM EDT (US)     69 / 78  

Quote:

how come i don't see the +1 hack damage by Hersirs? just noticed that they now have 9 instead of 8..

they always had 9 attack. Their base attack is 8, but since heroes get +10% HP and attack every time you advance an age, then the hersir attack rounds to 9 in classical.

posted 30 September 2003 11:02 PM EDT (US)     70 / 78  

Quote:

How come when you see recorded games it says a map which it isn't (ie. it says on the loading screen it is ghost map but it is savannah) is this a bug? how come they havn't fixed it? is it because it would corrupt the whole game just to change it?

I've been wondering about this for a long time too. I noticed this half a year ago and posted it in the Technical Help and Bugs Reporting forum but it just got ignored.

posted 01 October 2003 10:55 AM EDT (US)     71 / 78  
QUOTE: darn. Ra's priests now empower to a rate of 5%. That is a big dropdown... from 10% to 5%. Darn...

Its says "Boost" so then 10% to 15%

QUOTE: Destroyed foundations no longer give a full refund to the builder. The refund is now scaled proportionally to the completion of the building, so a building that is 10%
complete will only give back a 90% refund.

wtf?

This means that if you start building a migdol by example and it cost 400 gold + 10 favor and have half the size completed and you decide to cancel it, then it wont give you the complete founds, it will give you the half ( the rest of the building ) that will be 200 gold and 5 favor.

About the patch, you guys know... i think its impossible to get a "patch that you want", because almost everybody has its favorite god and plays him, so everybody will have a different point of view when a patch comes out, what im trying to say is stop complaining that much and get fun when playing, dont get as excuse if you lose against an overpowered god, complain about your mistakes and learn about them, Just because your god got "nerfed" doesnt mean that you cant win, just play ang gg's.

[This message has been edited by llVampirell (edited 10-01-2003 @ 10:57 AM).]

posted 01 October 2003 12:47 PM EDT (US)     72 / 78  
I like the changes.... but I noticed people are talking about being able to build TC's in Classical? Where does it say this, I don't see it.... Or is this a change coming in the X-pack?

posted 01 October 2003 01:10 PM EDT (US)     73 / 78  
In reply to Karikarki...

Overall, I agree with you Now, for the bit of critics on me...

Quote:

"Norse, now need 500 wood and gold to make a considerable heroic army?"
wait....
what's wrong w/ longhouse units???
many eggie players do fine w/o midgol units, and most experts use them very sparingly

That's why I said "heroic army" Longhouses units are fine, but this'll make switching to jarls or huskarls quite a bit harder. I do understand it works against the hillfort spamming though.

Quote:

"Freya is now useless when compared to Hermes. Hermes has a powerful myth unit (nothing raids like a centaur can), "
actually, valks raid very well w/ their 7.something speed and 18 attack....

Yes, but they're quite expensive at 200 food. I didn't say Freya was useless, I said Freya is useless when compared to Hermes, which is somewhat exaggarated, but still my honest opinion - Favor is easier to get for greek (earler in the game, that is - Later in the game, favor rolls in quite easily for Norse, 300 food isn't as much anymore, and the prices should be fine), especially for Zeus, and that 50 food should help.
I'm just worried about the early raiding, which was what RC were made for (raiding cavalry). I understand that RC spamming is something that should be 'adjusted', but it looks like they hit raiding in the meanwhile. Well, I'll just look at it and give my opinion after playing a few games with Norse again.

Did I look like just another whiner in my last post? Please tell me I didn't, I hate the whining :P

Ohmigod, fancy colour fading!
I blame these purple things.
GFWL: NilePenguin

[This message has been edited by DarkFlame (edited 10-01-2003 @ 01:12 PM).]

posted 01 October 2003 04:34 PM EDT (US)     74 / 78  

Quote:

resource and pop wise, bulkier, and slower.) Add to that spammed hillforts and Norse ruled against Greek particularly. This should balance things a LITTLE.

since when did norse own greek? Try Loki rushing Hades, Zeus or poseidon, then you will see what I mean. You seriously thought norse were that dominant?

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
posted 05 October 2003 03:51 AM EDT (US)     75 / 78  
Why is random team never random on team game??
WHY WHY WHY??
is it really that hard to fix it
posted 05 October 2003 09:46 PM EDT (US)     76 / 78  
I honestly don't think that Odin has been as hard done by as everyone seems to think. Maybe you just have to learn how to really play again as opposed to mindlessly spamming cavalry. Lets have a look at what Odin still has:

* Awesome Hunters
* Ravens
* Regenerating units (big resource saver, in case you've forgotten)
* Undeniable versatility. Odin has either bonuses or access to myth techs which affect the following units:

Ulfsarks (2 techs)
TAs (1 Tech)
RCs (2 techs)
Jarls (1 bonus, 2 techs)
Huskarls (1 bonus, 1 tech)
Portable Rams (1 bonus, 1 tech)
Ballistae (1 bonus)

Now as far as i can tell, only 2 of the units on that list got nerfed - RCs and Rams. The thundering hooves tech specifically mentioned RCs which would suggest to me that it's effect on Jarls hasn't been downgraded (can't test that at the moment). Odin's Huskies are still extrememely deadly, as are his Jarls. In my mind Odin hasn't been nerfed, but ES has used this patch to remind everyone that he is more than a '1 horse' wonder.

War doesn't decide who's right. It only decides who's left.
posted 05 October 2003 10:08 PM EDT (US)     77 / 78  

Quoted from televisible:

Why is random team never random on team game??
WHY WHY WHY??
is it really that hard to fix it

>Fixed a bug in multiplayer where random teams were not really random.
posted 06 October 2003 01:07 AM EDT (US)     78 / 78  
glock_glock whats up my man, where have you been? do you have a new ESO name? what is it? mine is the_banjo_player...message me, its been forever! (time for double loki rush, lol)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Patch v1.07 Changes
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames