You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Confusing Aspects of Atlantians
posted 10 October 2003 08:02 PM EDT (US)   
These things were really confusing to me at first, so I'm writing this to help players that are confused like I used to be.

• Atlantians get the Medeum Archer upgrade free upon advancing to classical. This saves you 150W/150G and the time it would for research. This gives your turmas a head start.
  • Atlantians do not get the Medium Cavalry upgrade in classical, and can only research it in Heroic. I find this pointless, because you upgrade only one unit and pay a lot for it (when getting to Heavy/Champion upgrades)
  • Turmas are archers, not cavalry.
  • Cheroballistae are not archers, and are upgraded separatly.
  • Most of the Atlantian army is infantry, so I would suggest the Infantry upgrades.
  • Destroyers count as both siege and infantry, so they are cheaper for Kronos and benefit from Infantry upgrades.
  • Atlantians do not get Draft Horses upgrade.
  • Atlantians have weaker TCs (700HP less, 2 less range, longer build time).
  • Lampedes' special attack works on other MUs.
  • Un-upgraded automatons (some say automations) can rebuild each other. With Hepheastes Revenge they regenerate at 1HP/second on their own, and Volcanic Forge gives them more Pierce Armor
  • Most of the damage done by the Implode GP is caused by the final shockwave. The more units were sucked in, the stronger the shockwave.
  • After converting a norse infantry unit with the Traitor GP you are able to build some Atlantian buildings with it, including towers, armory, and some others. The unit can also aid in construction of the Titan Gate.
  • Atlantians have very strong walls, because they get one more upgrade in Classical (Bronze Wall). Fully upgraded, Atlantian walls have about as much HP as a Palace/Fortress!
  • Chaos and Lampades special attack don't wear off until the unit affected is killed.
  • Rheia's Behemoths serve as rams in Heroic, doing a bit over 100 damage to buildings.
  • Its takes WAY more resources to Time Shift towers and palaces. You cannot Time Shift Town Centers and walls.
  • Because Automatons are fast and have pierce armor, they can serve as Atlantian Huskarls. They are not good against buildings, because they deal no crush damage.
  • Some Atlantian buildings such as Barracks and Counter-Barracks, Guild, and Manors cost some gold, but less wood. (Thanks to Tengri!)
  • Atlantians get resoures with each swing of the axe, pickaxe, etc., not in a steady flow.
  • An Atlantian manor can garrison 5 villagers. (Thanks to Tengri)
  • Kronos can also Time Shift farms.

>>> Lord_of_Valhalla <<<
ESO = Goauld_Q
Proud of Not Being in Any Clan!

Author of Implode God Power: The Guide and Confusing Aspects of Atlantians Mini-Guide.

[This message has been edited by Lord_of_Valhalla (edited 12-27-2003 @ 01:26 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11 October 2003 07:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17  
I read now your post, and i think it's quite useful, as i hadn't noticed some stuff, especially the medium archer's upgrade! I don't know what to add, but it's a nice "guide"
posted 11 October 2003 07:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17  
Read it too. Most of this stuff isn't in the manual actually and I found some useful info here. Keep it up!

WOW I guess there's lots of new things to learn about atlanteans. Where did you find all this?

[This message has been edited by toxote223 (edited 10-11-2003 @ 09:19 PM).]

posted 11 October 2003 07:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17  
good someone makes such a guide. didn't know a lot of it, especially not the tc thing and the implode gp. very helpfull to know
posted 11 October 2003 07:56 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17  
Bazz thats a coincidence, same time almost same post! And were both from the Netherlands too
posted 11 October 2003 07:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17  
U outdone urself once again Lord!!! I didn't notice some of the stuff myself. That draft horse and TC thing I didn't no. Keep it up man!

NEW

WOW man!! I didn't know that thing about the traitor power. I might think twice before pickin an heroic god.

Proud Turkish Gamer

Gods Played: Kronos, Zeus, Thor

AKA. LoneWolf1, Stryder1, RazorFang

[This message has been edited by Turkish Warrior (edited 10-11-2003 @ 08:20 PM).]

posted 11 October 2003 08:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17  

Quote:

Lampedes' special attack works on other MUs.

After converting a norse infantry unit with the Traitor GP you are able to build some Atlantian buildings with it, including towers, armory, and some others. The unit can also aid in construction of the Titan Gate.

1. All mus' special attacks work on other mus

2. Your point being?

Vigilance_ca
It's all about vigilance
Humans are both the smartest and dumbest organisms on the planet
posted 11 October 2003 08:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17  
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I've added a few more points to the list . If I find more, I'll definatly post.

As for the negative feedback...

Quote:

1. All mus' special attacks work on other mus
2. Your point being?

1. Not all. Medusae don't stone MUs, Cyclops don't throw MUs, and so on. Some special attacks do work on other MUs, not all.
2. My point being that converting an ulfsark for example may help you build a forward base faster, making your villies return to resource gathering sooner.

>>> Lord_of_Valhalla <<<
ESO = Goauld_Q

Author of Implode God Power: The Guide and Confusing Aspects of Atlantians Mini-Guide.

posted 11 October 2003 11:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17  
Medusae do stone other MUs....-_- Just not flying units....
posted 16 October 2003 07:28 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17  
Just added one more very important thing, and a not so important one

>>> Lord_of_Valhalla <<<
ESO = Goauld_Q

posted 16 October 2003 07:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17  
Medusae can stone every myth unit with the exception of those that fly and those that live in the water.

//////////////-Halus-Cryxibus-\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
**********--Halo-Cryxos--**********
*######################*
*######################*
*######################*
posted 16 October 2003 08:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17  
I see.
I thought it only worked om human soldiers.

>>> Lord_of_Valhalla <<<
ESO = Goauld_Q

posted 16 October 2003 08:13 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17  
Nope, that's the cyclops. They only affect human soldiers.

//////////////-Halus-Cryxibus-\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
**********--Halo-Cryxos--**********
*######################*
*######################*
*######################*
posted 27 December 2003 01:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17  
My bad
I don't play Zeus much

>>> Lord_of_Valhalla <<<
ESO = Goauld_Q

posted 27 December 2003 11:49 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17  
I have seen Medusa stone a Leviathan. Making me lose the 10 sphinx I had in it.
posted 28 December 2003 00:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17  
I would like to add some things to your list.

• Cheiroballista are not infantry as you point out. They count as siege. They are cheaper for Kronos and they benefit from siege upgrades such as Engineers and Helios Petrified.

• Destroyers do not benefit from siege upgrades. But benefit from Infantry upgrades. But for some reason are cheaper for Kronos

• Tartarian Gate can be set on any non-TC building. Those buildings will automatically be destroyed when you activate the GP.

• Hero units do not benefit for class upgrades. Such as medium infantry or heavy cavalry etc etc. Instead they upgrade during each age advancement for free.

• Heroes benefit more from blacksmith hack and pierce armor upgrades.

• Instead of getting cavalry upgrades you can instead always convert your Contarius to Heroes. This is espically good if you are using Theia who gives Contarius heroes Lance of Stone.

• Citizen and Oracle heros also get these "free" upgrades gaining more hp and attack each age advancement. They also benefit from all blacksmith upgrades and Oranos speed bonus. Normal Oracles and Citizen don't get any of these benefits.

• Automatons will resurrect each other even if you are at the pop limit. One thing you can do is kill about 70 percent of your Automatons to free up pop make a bunch of other units fulling up that pop. Then you will get all those Automatons back thanks to their repair ability.

[This message has been edited by Tachys (edited 12-28-2003 @ 03:21 AM).]

• posted 28 December 2003 07:25 AM EDT (US)     16 / 17  
    I wonder why counter-barracks have 40% hack armor? All other buildings have a standard of 30%. And that goes for all cultures.
    (Not counting in tc here)
    posted 28 December 2003 03:30 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17  

Quote:

Instead of getting cavalry upgrades you can instead always convert your Contarius to Heroes. This is espically good if you are using Theia who gives Contarius heroes Lance of Stone.

There IS a pretty high price tag attached ...

Quote:

Citizen and Oracle heros also get these "free" upgrades gaining more hp and attack each age advancement. They also benefit from all blacksmith upgrades and Oranos speed bonus. Normal Oracles and Citizen don't get any of these benefits.

I noticed that as well ...

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Confusing Aspects of Atlantians
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames