Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Best Greek God.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 17 June 2007 07:59 PM EDT (US)   
I've noticed many expert Zeus players start with a full cavarly build with heroes/centaurs at the VERY beggining of classical age warfare.

Poseidon can also do this yet better since he needs less vills on food/gold and more vills on favor to support the centaurs.

Well, what i'm trying to say in a very wierd way, can't Poseidon be just as powerful as Zeus if not better?

I mean, Poseidon can definetly boom faster than Zeus!
Therefore he can start making powerful units more quickly.

Zeus cannot use his myrmidon/Collosus build on possy, cause:

Possy is greek
Possy can just counter with Hypapist/Toxete/Hero build.

Doesn't the economy rule both offence and defense for it can effectively perform both.

Poseidon is economical with market use being cheaper and the lure god power.

The lure god power is a VERY powerful god power.
Possibly better than sentinel.
It not only gives you a nice constant supply of food in emergency food need situations, but it also lures MOST of the dangerous animals in your area to be devoured by ur TC, and therefore makes ur area safer for villager movement.

Poseidon is offensive as a raider with his cheaper cavarly.
I like to call his Hippokins Rippokins because they can RIP an economy apart.

Poseidon is defensive with his free milita which get many useful bonuses such as slightly countering Set's animals and the ability to perform the FASTEST RUSH IN THE GAME:
THE MILITIA RUSH.

Unlike Zeus, Poseidon can get an earthquake godpower, and this godpower will pretty much PREVENT YOUR ENEMY FROM GETTING A TITAN(If he's not Isis/Oronos/Gaia )

And your ceasefire godpower will HELP HEAVILY in not only helping you make that titan, but also chopping a minute off a wonder victory.

And now, compare Zeus/Poseidon/Hades, and don't just consider Zeus the best because of his OP Bolt God power, but compare improvements/God paths and deception builds.

[This message has been edited by LightmareNikita (edited 06-17-2007 @ 08:01 PM).]

Replies:
posted 20 June 2007 01:13 PM EDT (US)     61 / 82  
Death and Pain is 1800. if u want to get any better you should listen to what he says. DAP is gawd. i dont play as zeus but i would be happy to play 1 vs 1 agains you. my name is pcgamer666 or HG_pcgamer7070 feel free to play me in 1 vs 1.
posted 20 June 2007 01:24 PM EDT (US)     62 / 82  
Slightly above 1800 is my highest rating, but nobody is worth his highest. You are worth the rating on which you can win approximately 50% of your games, which is 1750 in my case (somewhat less than that lately, because I cannot play as much as I used to, so I somewhat lack practice).
If Caboose is possy than DAP is ZEUS and beating hell out of him..
Caboose never claimed that Possy > Zeus. LightweightNikita did. Plus I used to play Zeus in former times, but long ago switched to Thor and do not have the practice anymore to play Zeus on a competitive level. However, the theoretical knowledge sure remains.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 20 June 2007 01:26 PM EDT (US)     63 / 82  
It's either DeathAndPain or DaP. No Death And Pain, DAP, DEATH AND PAIN or the very popular DeathAndPaint (as someone on eso has made)
posted 20 June 2007 01:33 PM EDT (US)     64 / 82  
Ok, man. I won't take it any further.

All I'm saying is maybe you could treat some people here a bit more nicely, eh? And maybe you underestimate people's ability to think sometimes.

Peace out :P Caboose
posted 20 June 2007 03:13 PM EDT (US)     65 / 82  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I 100% agree with what Caboose just said.

Treat others with respect and mybe they'll treat you with some.

I'm definetely higher than 1607, possibly like 1630-1640, however i am afraid to go rated 1v1 until i find a strategy fior each civilization.

I found one for norse, I want to get 2 stables and 2 military academies and 1 temple with centaurs going against atlanteans, what BO should i use to acheive that much resources...?
posted 20 June 2007 03:15 PM EDT (US)     66 / 82  
or the very popular DeathAndPaint (as someone on eso has made)
lol that was me

playin 2v2 rated with generalnoob as 'ShamHam'. 11.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.

[This message has been edited by Sam_Ham (edited 06-20-2007 @ 03:16 PM).]

posted 20 June 2007 04:42 PM EDT (US)     67 / 82  
lol, he was telling me about it. When are you on eso anyways, sam?
posted 20 June 2007 05:00 PM EDT (US)     68 / 82  
Weekends, GMT mornings and evenings, and friday evening.

On accounts like Cho0b1, play4funokyes, Sam_Ham_Rapes, VvViViDvV, HG_SamHam, Angry_RTS_Nerd and Cunning_Linguist. Yeah I have a lot of accounts

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
posted 20 June 2007 05:48 PM EDT (US)     69 / 82  
Poseidon is a great god. His Lure godpower gives him the best archaic eco, and his early classic combined with hipp spam is very powerful.

However, Zeus is much more flexible, has many more strats, and is an absolute beast in Mythic.
Hades is similar, although I think Hades shouldn't be rated higher than Poseidon because he has the weakest greek water, which puts him at a disadvantage in many matchups. However, when you are staring at a 5k hp TC and very effective builders(aphrodite upgrade) he also has a very powerful late game.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
posted 20 June 2007 08:56 PM EDT (US)     70 / 82  
Alright sam, just add AGAW and whisper me when you get on. Or I could just ask GeneralNoob when your on and tell me your name. Thats alot of names to be adding lol
posted 20 June 2007 09:22 PM EDT (US)     71 / 82  
LOOOOL this thread is so funny!!

Hey u knwo what.. Possy is the worst of the greek Gods. He is not bad, just Zeus and Hades are better than him.

U can discuss this no more until you either get a real high rating and knowledge of the game so that you could contradict most of the people (including experts) playing Aom with real and backed up arguments...

Ps.
AGAW.. you know, referring to DaP as Death and Pain is not that important IMHO...
posted 21 June 2007 02:51 AM EDT (US)     72 / 82  
I am not asking for any respect from such as you. All you can come up with is hot air.
I'm definetely higher than 1607, possibly like 1630-1640, however i am afraid to go rated 1v1 until i find a strategy fior each civilization.
Yes, of course. You know, in truth I am 2000+, but I am just too afraid to play the high-rated guys, or stoned when I play them, sometimes also my computer fails me, and when I am still winning then my woman comes in and distracts me, or outside a car blows its horn so I mess up. You see, it all is not my fault, in reality I am 2000+. ROFL.

You are digging yourself deeper and deeper into the mud, and you do not even realize it.
I want to get 2 stables and 2 military academies and 1 temple with centaurs going against atlanteans, what BO should i use to acheive that much resources...?
And as Norse against Atl 10 hillforts at 7:00 sure would be useful. Now what BO should I be using to achieve that?

posted 21 June 2007 08:51 AM EDT (US)     73 / 82  
lmao

mods
this topic definitely needs closin

nice 1 DaP :P

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
posted 21 June 2007 11:27 AM EDT (US)     74 / 82  
He didn't start getting disrespectful until you started saying he was wrong when he wasn't.
It's hard to find a good strategy for 1v1 rated if you never play 1v1 rated. You just have to get over your fear of losing your rating.

And about the whole "ok, Zeus is better than Possy, but I still think Possy has potential". Think about it like this: Some random guy comes up to you and has a twenty dollar bill and a fifty dollar bill, he asks you which one you want. Sure, you'd be glad to have the 20, but why would you take it when you can have a 50 instead?!
posted 21 June 2007 11:53 AM EDT (US)     75 / 82  
being 1607 and being 1630 is the same level of skills, or just a very little difference...
posted 21 June 2007 12:01 PM EDT (US)     76 / 82  
nah pdroo

its about the same :P

maybe 1650++ is when it steps up a little

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
posted 21 June 2007 12:35 PM EDT (US)     77 / 82  
A different rating is never the same skill. I know a rather large width of ratings, and I can say that it scales pretty proportionally (skill to rating). For that reason, a higher rating always indicates a better skill. A slightly higher rating (like 1607 to 1630) indicates only a slightly higher skill, so it may not be apparent.

However, two factors must be taken care of:

• Only the average rating counts. The step between 1607 and 1630 is but one win. Of course, a single win does not make you a better player. However, if your average rating in many games varies around an average of 1630, then you are definitely better than someone whose average rating is 1607. He may still win 40% of all games that he plays against you, but that 60:40 ratio is the justified reason for your slightly higher average rating.

• Races must be factored in. Atlantean is way easier to conduct and allows to obtain a higher rating easier. On the other hand, a player like SamHam who achieves an average of 1750 while playing random has my highest respect, because this means that he can deal with any combination of own and opposing gods on any map, which is 1440 combinations! (12 own gods x 12 enemy gods x 10 rated maps)

• posted 21 June 2007 12:55 PM EDT (US)     78 / 82  
    aye
    i need to play with samham
    so he can teach me :P

NotN00b23
    fox7574
    Seven_Curd
    posted 21 June 2007 04:57 PM EDT (US)     79 / 82  
    SamHam is OP
    posted 28 June 2007 00:36 AM EDT (US)     80 / 82  
    Yes, of course. You know, in truth I am 2000+, but I am just too afraid to play the high-rated guys, or stoned when I play them, sometimes also my computer fails me, and when I am still winning then my woman comes in and distracts me, or outside a car blows its horn so I mess up. You see, it all is not my fault, in reality I am 2000+. ROFL.

I never asked for this.
    posted 28 June 2007 01:37 AM EDT (US)     81 / 82  
    It's amazing how many people say bad things about DaP. I always took his advice to be great help, and when I've played him in game he was always polite, which is commendable because of how many people have to brag about a win
    posted 28 June 2007 02:58 AM EDT (US)     82 / 82  
    I hope you all have fun, because this is going nowhere now. I have to say, I did like reading it all.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
    No matter what you say
    « Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » The Best Greek God.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames