You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What to do as atty vs diffrent gods
posted 20 September 2007 00:50 AM EDT (US)   
Hey everyone. Seeing shanks post on guide of the month got me thinking, why don't I write a guide! Unfortunatly i couldnt think of a guide that hadnt been done or was to similer. I searched the list of strategy and couldnt find an all atty guide that went into specific things and great detail, and, well i thought id make one.

NOTE: im not going to go into specific build orders as I dont think you should use 1 all the time.

This is my first guide so dont go to hard on me if I stuff it up xD.

Oranos:

Oranos is sometimes considered OP and sometimes i think so too but though OP some oranos tactics can be hard to get right.

Oranos vs zeus on high hunt

Zeus can either be an easy match for oranos or a hard match. Hop rush can put you on defensive whole game and quite possibly end it. Ceasefire also makes it hard for you to rush him. I recommend 5min build and try to turma raid him and gain lots of map control. If your turma raiding succeeds you should be able to capture at least 3 tcs before he can actually strike you back. 3 tcs will allow you to boom fast and get to heroic where you can go all out offensive and crush him.

Some extra notes when vsing zeus:

* Turma are your most valuble tool till heroic, use them well

* Tcs are everything, if he manages to capture 3-4 you will have to rely on raiding or heroic improvements to win.

* If he hops rush add some cherio into your army and make good use of valor hold off his rush and watch as your better eco takes control.

* Don't forget armory or eco ups these can prove invaluble against greek OP classical.

* Dont let him get to heroic while your in classical you will be absolotly owned.

Oranos vs greek on low hunt.

Low hunt is where Oranos shines. Low hunt wont let your opponent make many hips or hops and hell be restricted to tox until he can get farming up. Turma mixed with some murms and prommys will quickly let you gain a foothold keep him off his starting gold mine and he will soon die. Go 4min or 4:30 build, or if u want fast gold starving sometimes do 3:30 kronos krush style and maybe keep him in classical.

* Doing these things will work vs most greek players and win you most games.

* Its even more efective vs a hades as he will be set to try and make tox anyway.

* Towers are a pain try and kill them fast.

Oranos vs greek on water.

Like most Oranos players I have trouble with water. I recommend 4:40 gally rush and try and swayhis food eco. If he gets FH water is his and probebly the game with it. Not much to say here turma raid as always try and kill vital buildings while gaining tc advantage.

* If he gets to heroic your dead, scylla kills you and so do heroic ships. Its possible to try an FH your self and go hyperion for neidra to counter scylla but you leave your self at disadvantage as hyperion is not that good a god.

Oranos vs poseidon on high hunt.

In my opinion ( maybe not anyone elses) poseidon poses probebly the biggest threat of all the greeks to oranos. He will likly Hip spam mixed with centurs which will render your turma pretty usless. The best counter is to try and make mostly murm or kata but a smart player wont go tox as well has hip but go hip and hop. Why you might ask? Making tox will give you a reason to make the OP turma. instead he will make hop which will counter Kata and murm fairly well and and use hip to raid. Try and get to heroic before him as with all greeks oranos classical gets owned by greek heroic.

* you might ask why not make cherio to counter hops and the answer is because he can come behind your lines with hip and kill alot before your murm and kata can come and help.

* You should make some turma (about 10) to go raid while hes attacking you. He wont notice until he withdraws that hes being raided cause the battle alarm thingy is on cause of him attacking.

Oranos vs Hades on high hunt.

Hades is a pain to rush but turma will counter his OP tox. The best plan is to 5min or 4:30min build and try and gold starve. Take out towers protecting his starting gold mine early and use some turma to scout sorrunding mines to see if he trys and mines there.

* Be weary of hades when he gets to heroic, he will be able to push through map control like a knife through butter.

* Hades wont normally rush but when he does it will almost definatly be with cyclops, heros and tox. Turma spam with prommys and some murm will take care of it.

I didn't get a great response but didn't get crap one either so ill write more.

Oranos against eggy:

Eggy are an absolte pain for oranos. Attys bad late game gets countered easyly by eggys great late game. Eggy are also hard to rush. The only big weaknesses of eggy are their dependence on gold and there not so good classical. They can quit easyly make up for this by fhing then expanding out of there starting gold mine with better troops. Mostly the only things working for you are good classical and eggys slow advance time.

I like going kronos 3:40 krush style on any map including water. On wtare your eco will suck but if you go water boom your gona get beat anyway. When you advance lay down 2 counter barracks and turma spam with prommys. Make prommys take down gold defending towers before he ages and have turma build up around his gold mine. Scout around him with turma and find his new gold mining operations. On water he will be able to make wajet or sphinx but no military. Keep gold starving and hell resign.

Eggy have counters for everything you do but early gold starving will beat them about 75%.

You can do this on any map including water.

Oranos vs loki on high hunt.

Either do same as what you do to eggy but kill his fb or try and negotiate are save. Or there option number 3. Get owned. Loki is an atty killer must go through prometheus to stand any chance. If he hesir rushs and gets going make additional heros and cherios. Up towers fast and build up your army of cherios and turma with some prommys and murm. Dont be lured out of tc range and protect towers. Youll probebly lose no matter what your do but you cant win them all.

Ill add some detail in a couple of hours.

"You going down" says FlamingWraith.
"I'm already down you just punched my lights out"
"Die you annoying peice of @$&$ thats smarter than me"

[This message has been edited by FlamingWraith (edited 09-21-2007 @ 02:13 AM).]

Replies:
posted 20 September 2007 05:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
been done, by wnx_mythos

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
posted 20 September 2007 08:24 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Nothing outstanding and not really in depth but pretty solid... GJ so far, although pics and build orders should be added imo (Build orders because Atlantean have so few vills the have to make, that they basically have very few build orders available to them).

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

posted 20 September 2007 10:19 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
I thought the information was rather useful, but you seemed to lable almost everything OP just because it works.
IMO xD

If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
posted 20 September 2007 10:29 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
Good so far, but not taking into account any raids zeus may try back on you...centaur strangle? And what about against mino hop?
posted 20 September 2007 03:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
LOL????

how can Oranos POSSIBLY need a guide. Mythos' oranos guide was utter shite as it is, but this is even worse. If you are going to write a guide, at least do it on a civ worth mentioning. Ra? Odin? Hades?

DIE, DIE DIE MY DARLING.

Ahem.
posted 20 September 2007 04:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
Ubermode, check your e-mail.

FlamingWraith, a decent guide, but it could use a bit more organization and explanation. Try not to just type out facts.

posted 20 September 2007 04:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
how can Oranos POSSIBLY need a guide.
I concur.

Thank God SCII finally has a release date but it so so damn far away...
ESO Name: AoTH_ZoOkEePeR
posted 21 September 2007 01:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
1. mythos didnt go into what to do against diffirent gods on diffrent maps as it can differ alot.

2. im only about 1/12 there i didn't go into as much detail as i will cause i figured post a sample bit and if some people like it write more.

3. this wont just cover oranos itll do every atty and ill try and think of as many secnarios as i can.

4. i just started with oranos cause he my worst one ill do kronos next then gaia when mythos only did oranos.

5. whats point of putting pics in if the guide sucks i never write a guide before and this could easyly have been worse than how to age up guide.

6. i might put build orders in but i wanted this guide to be targeted at the people who knew basics or atty and like someone pointed out almost everyone knows how to do atty b/os.

And if i may point out again this isent ORANOS guide he just happened to come first.

"You going down" says FlamingWraith.
"I'm already down you just punched my lights out"
"Die you annoying peice of @$&$ thats smarter than me"

[This message has been edited by FlamingWraith (edited 09-21-2007 @ 01:54 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What to do as atty vs diffrent gods
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames