Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Myrmidons
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 05 October 2008 05:03 AM EDT (US)   
Most zeus players tend to replace their hops to myrms in mythic, but why? Do myrms have a multiplier vs cavalry?
Replies:
posted 05 October 2008 05:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 45  
They have good base stats, and have a multiplier(1.5x) vs every non-greek unit (except axemen and throwing axemen).

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
posted 05 October 2008 06:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 45  
Myms get a bonus against non-greek Cav through the 1.5X civ bonus. If you're playing Vs greek, I'd reccomend you keep making Hops, unless you fear MU's. In that case i'd get Beast Slayer and make a few to help out Bella.
posted 05 October 2008 09:30 AM EDT (US)     3 / 45  
Myrmidons in groups also deal decent damage to archers (except maybe tox), which is another reason why they are hard to counter. They also deal more damage to buildings per second than any Greek siege.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
posted 06 October 2008 00:48 AM EDT (US)     4 / 45  
ah.. ok, I always thought they have a multiplier vs non-greek infantery..
posted 06 October 2008 04:06 AM EDT (US)     5 / 45  
You could spare yourself unclearnesses like this one and generally greatly improve your game knowledge if you simply read the unit tables, Arus. Recommendable are both Xentelian's Excel sheets and the tables on the AoMH home page, although on the latter you should make sure to read the TT expansion version of the tables.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 06 October 2008 01:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 45  
yeah, thats true, but I didnt have much time back then to search for it..
posted 06 October 2008 06:33 PM EDT (US)     7 / 45  
When is "back then"?
posted 07 October 2008 01:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 45  
when I posted it
posted 07 October 2008 03:24 AM EDT (US)     9 / 45  
Looking it up in the AoMH table is definitely done faster than writing a forum thread. And it does not waste our time. I mean, strategical questions are always welcome, but asking for table data when the table is on the AoMH site is silly.

posted 07 October 2008 08:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 45  
i wouldnt rely on anythin made by aomh
posted 07 October 2008 11:09 AM EDT (US)     11 / 45  
but asking for table data when the table is on the AoMH site is silly.
I wasnt really asking for table data, I only wanted to know why zeus players replace their hops by myrms.

And I didnt know that myrms have a multiplier vs every unit of an other civ.
posted 07 October 2008 01:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 45  
stop to qualify your question do you reallycare what deathandpain thinks of you?
posted 07 October 2008 03:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 45  
muforseti
muforseti...
mu forseti...
MU Forsetti...
Myth Unit of Forsetti...

Troll.

Clever.

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
posted 07 October 2008 03:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 45  
0_0, indeed clever..
posted 07 October 2008 05:02 PM EDT (US)     15 / 45  
Troll.
Indeed. I suggest that the user who is less than a week registered behave himself.

posted 07 October 2008 06:51 PM EDT (US)     16 / 45  
myrmidons look cool they are also equiped wit swords better damage against cavalry and heroes that what i thinks anyway
posted 07 October 2008 09:33 PM EDT (US)     17 / 45  
It is obvious smurf.

I have my ideas...

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
posted 08 October 2008 00:59 AM EDT (US)     18 / 45  
What exactly is trolling?
posted 08 October 2008 03:37 AM EDT (US)     19 / 45  
Indeed. I suggest that the user who is less than a week registered behave himself.
What in case you ban me? I have been banned from this site countless times but I still have my real account unbanned.
posted 08 October 2008 04:01 AM EDT (US)     20 / 45  
I suggest that the user who is less than a week registered behave himself.
Useless suggestion, as the parallel that ironclaw explained was certainly intended. He came here to troll, so that is what he will do.
I have been banned from this site countless times but I still have my real account unbanned.
My guess is i r n00b. He is smart enough to properly disguise his IP so that the smurfs cannot be tracked back easily, invent this user name, and avoid his own writing style well enough not to be identified by the way he writes.

No other troll like that would have my name deathandpain spelled out. Him doing so was an attempt not to spell it DaP, which would be obvious i r n00b style.

posted 08 October 2008 07:18 AM EDT (US)     21 / 45  
come on, think outside the box a little.
posted 08 October 2008 07:34 AM EDT (US)     22 / 45  
My guess is i r n00b.
If it rlyl was me you would not even guess 11

Obviouslyl making things too intricate would have the evidence pointed towards me as onyl I have mass brainpower here.

On ein sidenote, if it rlyl was me (it isn't btw11) you are just playing mein game.

What I wonder, however, is how you reached those somewhat vivid conclusions, DaP?
No other troll like that would have my name deathandpain spelled out. Him doing so was an attempt not to spell it DaP, which would be obvious i r n00b style.
Perhaps it is you that is trolling for ein change, which would explain your explanation of 'deathandpain' spelled out. Surelyl you would not be able to reach such ein conclusion without inventing it yourself?
posted 08 October 2008 07:50 AM EDT (US)     23 / 45  
I like grilled cheese especially when you go Thoth and get the mythological tech known as 'Valley of the Cheese': Allows your cheese to melt faster thus reducing the time is takes to train them.

Also 'Book of Dairy Products' is good, lets your villagers gather milk and other dairy products 10% faster.

Finally 'Toast of Apedemak': Grants extra hitpoints and improves attack of Toast, making them OP. There is no hard counter to Thoth Toast exept Horus's Beers and Bragi's Biscuits.

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
"I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
" I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
"Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy
posted 08 October 2008 08:07 AM EDT (US)     24 / 45  
It doesn't take a masters degree in rocket surgery to figure out what's going on around here!!
posted 08 October 2008 08:14 AM EDT (US)     25 / 45  
Wait I know who muforsetti is! It is none other than................

DeathAndPain! He even went to the trouble of quoting himself and accusing I_r_noob to throw us of track!

I has solved mystery!

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
"I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
" I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
"Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy

[This message has been edited by Dudis (edited 10-08-2008 @ 08:17 AM).]

posted 08 October 2008 10:28 AM EDT (US)     26 / 45  
Yeah right! That will be it.

posted 08 October 2008 11:46 AM EDT (US)     27 / 45  
Lets bann him!!!!
posted 08 October 2008 02:14 PM EDT (US)     28 / 45  
most Zeus players replace their hoplites the fact they are alot more flexible units than hoplites and get bonus dmg vs any non greek unit
in greek wars hoplites are better in most cases but packing myrmidons is always good the fact that they have high armor and are great building killers and can combat close ranged MU well with beast slayer
against norse they especially replace them because they can be spammed and most norse players will have a hard time countering them, they even beat throwing axemen which is a heavy infantry counter, and Jarls too
Vs Atty they do very well also and they even take down Arcus easily, only units that should counter the Myrmidon as Atty are the Fanatic and Cheiroballista and they barely win
Vs Eggy they are superior to most of their military units besides axemen and CA, vs CA they do decently well but they will still lose, vs Axemen they do get a small bonus dmg vs them but the fact that the axemen's bonus is so much larger vs infantry they will win
posted 08 October 2008 04:43 PM EDT (US)     29 / 45  
Excuse me YunSun, but we're talking about me here!!
posted 08 October 2008 05:34 PM EDT (US)     30 / 45  
guys calm down, it was tyler durden's 3rd personality, THE AOM ADDICT!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: