You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Ubisoft Gold Edition CD key problem has been fixed!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02 January 2008 08:05 PM EDT (US)   
That's right. Both the Valusoft and Ubisoft CD key errors have been solved.

The email I sent on Monday, December 31st, to http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com:

Hi,
I own a copy of Ubisoft Exclusive: Age of Mythology Gold Edition, but I have a problem. The problem with both games is that the CD key cannot be properly validated when I attempt to play a multiplayer game online. I know that many copies of this game have been distributed, all with the same exact CD key. As you already know, the same CD key may not be used by two players at once. Therefore, this problem renders me unable to play a game online, because I have the same CD key as everybody else.

I would like to request new, unique CD keys, both for Age of Mythology and Age of Mythology: The Titans. If you require any additional information for validation purposes, such as pictures or serial numbers, I will gladly send them to you.

Thank you. I look forward to playing these games online soon.

The email I received from the Customer Support employee on Wednesday, January 2nd:

*name*,
Here are your new Age of Mythology: Gold Edition keys:

AoM: *key*

Titans: *key*

Keep these keys safe and do not share them with anyone. Enjoy the game!

I reinstalled the games with the new CD keys, and they worked just fine. There were no errors, no validation problems, just the ESO main lobby looking me right in the face. The only thing that struck me as weird was that they didn't request any proof of purchase or anything like that. No pics, no serials, nothing.

Anyway, the Ubisoft CD key errors have been fixed, and now we can all play online. It took a while, but our patience paid off. I would like to request that this topic be turned into a sticky, so that all the Ubisoft Gold Edition owners can see it.
Replies:
posted 16 February 2008 08:17 AM EDT (US)     26 / 39  
I'm currently having this problem with my game, and cannot sign online more than once mybe every other day. My version however is the gold edition, but It says in the package to contact valusoft. does anyone know of a contact for valusoft to help me fix this? or should i try contacting ubisoft? thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by WhenLifeAttacks (edited 02-16-2008 @ 08:44 AM).]

posted 16 February 2008 06:47 PM EDT (US)     27 / 39  
posted 20 February 2008 00:22 AM EDT (US)     28 / 39  
For a friend what is the actual email address that you send your email to.

<3
posted 20 February 2008 02:04 AM EDT (US)     29 / 39  
milf@hotbabes.com

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 20 February 2008 03:22 AM EDT (US)     30 / 39  
Haha very funny.

<3
posted 25 February 2008 12:17 PM EDT (US)     31 / 39  
I created an account on that ubisoft site. However when I try to log in it says something around: "The site has encountered an unexpected problem, please try again later" Yesterday it said the same thing.

Does anyone else have the same problem? And if so... does anyone know how to fix it?

[This message has been edited by Pandji (edited 02-25-2008 @ 12:18 PM).]

posted 29 February 2008 02:50 AM EDT (US)     32 / 39  
They asked me for visual confirmation =_=

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
Member Since - 04-16-2007
Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd
posted 21 March 2008 08:45 AM EDT (US)     33 / 39  
Well i wrote them yesterday and still havent got a reply yet..
How long did it take for them to answer you guys?
posted 25 March 2008 11:23 AM EDT (US)     34 / 39  
Hey.
I got the Ubisoft Gold Edition Softwarepyramide.
I asked Ubisoft for a new CD-key.
They told me that budgetversions dont have multiplayerparts and if there is nothing about multiplayer on the case there won t be multiplayer.

Did anyone have the same Problem? How can i get them to give me my CD-key?....
posted 26 March 2008 03:16 AM EDT (US)     35 / 39  
Have you tried the address that is described in this thread?

posted 26 March 2008 11:39 AM EDT (US)     36 / 39  
I sent 'xplosiv' an email about the cd-keys. They replied the next day wanting a picture of either the reciept or the microsoft barcode =S.

I havent done either yet as i have lost the lead to transfer photos onto my computer. =(.

I can get on AOM but just not the titans so im not that fussed tbh.

Settlers player
posted 27 March 2008 03:12 AM EDT (US)     37 / 39  
Mini-USB-cables are pretty much standardized and therefore expendable, but even if you cannot get hold of one that fits to your camera, you can always buy a card reader for like $10 and insert the memory card from your camera there.

Or you can visit a friend that has a new PC or laptop. Many of these come with built-in card readers today.

posted 28 March 2008 03:13 PM EDT (US)     38 / 39  
-->Have you tried the address that is described in this thread?<--
Of course.
The guy from Ubisoft told me they sold AoM to another company. He also told me that MS could have closed the multiplayerpart because the game is old...??rofl wtf is this guy saying?? Maybe i spoke with the cleaningpersonal of Ubisoft...
posted 30 March 2008 11:54 AM EDT (US)     39 / 39  
Mini-USB-cables are pretty much standardized and therefore expendable, but even if you cannot get hold of one that fits to your camera, you can always buy a card reader for like $10 and insert the memory card from your camera there.

Or you can visit a friend that has a new PC or laptop. Many of these come with built-in card readers today.
yhhh, im using my mobile... i can transfer files using bluetooth. But thanks anyway.

Settlers player
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » The Ubisoft Gold Edition CD key problem has been fixed!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: