Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project: WotM - War of the Magi
posted 29 May 2003 05:15 PM EDT (US)   
War of the Magi
I submitted a trailer for the upcoming RPG I'm making, War of the Magi.

I created the trailer as I was learning how to use the triggers in the editor. But do not fear, I used common sense The trailer is pretty good if I say so myself to be done by such a inexperineced editor of AOM.

Anyways, heres a picture. It should be in the blacksmith in a few days.

[This message has been edited by The Blue Mist (edited 05-29-2003 @ 05:16 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 May 2003 09:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
Looks very nice The Blue Mist although the lines on the minimap look a bit weird
posted 29 May 2003 10:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
Cool. Isn't it a shame that you can't select units like the barrel? I was trying to sell a healing potion in a shop, but no... Time to rework the system. Anyway, are your villys going to work, and if so, make sure you replace the trees, gold, hunting, etc. Don't use an AI, just triggers unless you have a huge fight. Use some scaling too, like having a dwarf's house shrunk. You seem to have some good objects randomly spread around. You seem to have a lot of ground-wrapping objects, so make sure you understand that the first placed goes on top.

OutThere: The lines I believe you are refering to are just the pregenerated map. He's gonna flatten those(I hope).

On a side note, what is a Magi? All I know about is The Gift of Magi by O'Henry, and that seems irrelavent.

Exiled
Battle Dwarves
Battlefields: Kemsyt's Uprise

Mistacheese wins the "Person-who-secretly-emmits-CheeZy's-thoughts" award - Cheezy
posted 29 May 2003 10:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
You'll see.

And The picture is from the editor view, thats why it looks werid.

posted 29 May 2003 10:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19  

Quote:

OutThere: The lines I believe you are refering to are just the pregenerated map. He's gonna flatten those(I hope).

Of course.

posted 30 May 2003 00:15 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
You can use Map Elevation to fix it..lift it a the way up then put it down..the map will be flat.
posted 30 May 2003 08:59 AM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
I know.

I did not need the area for the trailer though, so I did not bother.

posted 30 May 2003 03:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
I like the picture, but I find that tiny elevation bumps in roads, fields, etc., are very nice touches. And the rock sprites are good as well.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau

[This message has been edited by Byzantine_Warrior (edited 05-30-2003 @ 05:07 PM).]

posted 30 May 2003 04:02 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
Magi...isnt it from Final Fantasy IV or something?

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 30 May 2003 04:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
yeah.. similar story at the start, but it develops to something completely different.
posted 30 May 2003 05:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
if need a tester just e mail me my e mail is macewindu262002@yahoo.com
posted 30 May 2003 10:59 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
magi are KINDA like wizards but different: You know, the magic, very wise creatures. And yes, they are kinda from Final Fantasy...

Sounds like a cool campaign, hope it does well, and don't make TOO much hype; just look at Spartan

While in Rome, live in Rome
posted 31 May 2003 04:13 AM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
Jesus christ luke when anyone annoucnes a campaing you go "I'll test it!" Theres nothing wrong with that, so dont take offense but I'm just pointing it out.
About "dont create too much hype, look at Spartan". Well, if Guardian didnt make so much hype, then I'm guessing that not many people would download the campaing.
Fianl Fantasy IV was, IMO, just plain awful (mostly becuase I bought it for PSOne and I was expecting much better). But Blue Mist, can you give me some sort of idea about what the story is about (well, I know it has something to do with a War of the Magi) but please give me some details!
Side note, I is making a Final Fantasy IX campaing (AFTER I complete The Call Of Medusa: Rise Of The Nightmare and Starfox Adventures: Dinosour Planet).

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 31 May 2003 02:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
I downloaded the trailer but thought it lacked some action.I changed it slightly so there is a small battle which fits in with the original dialogue.

If you give me an email adress i can send it to you or i can submit it onto the site?

posted 31 May 2003 07:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
Sure I'd love to see it.

abluemist2001@yahoo.com

posted 31 May 2003 07:18 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
posted 31 May 2003 09:23 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
Hey Blue Mist,

Here's my AAR (after action review):

Good job with the cinematic! You have an interesting story and I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it.

I have a few comments for you.

Sustains: I liked the selection of music. I thought it flowed well with your story line. I also thought that your timing was great: nothing was out of place, no triggers fired too early, and there was ample time to read the dialog.

The eye-candy was okay, a little above average. (a 4 in my book)

Improves: To liven up your cinematic, consider adding more action (like mentioned in a post above). When you talk of Magi and humans slugging it out, I want to see it, feel it, hear it, and experience it (as much as possible in AoM, that is ).

Also make sure to double, triple, quadruple check the spelling and grammar.

Finally, here are some things I would add to make it more "movie-like." Just some suggestions...

- Keep cinematic mode on the whole time (even at the end).
- Remove the "about" in the dialog. Just have the white text.

Again, nice job - I'm looking forward to the whole thing.

- pointer

BEAT NAVY, sir!
posted 01 June 2003 04:16 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
Cant download the trailer (for god sake I cant download ANYTHING that goes ONTO AoM) becuase my scenario folder is...gone. I dont want to go into details about it. WOTM looks awesome, but, like I said about Excile, can you make it diffrent and original?

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 01 June 2003 03:57 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
westpointer07, Thanks for your great suggestions! I'll sure to take them into account.
posted 01 June 2003 05:17 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
Had a watch, blue mist, just thought I'd add my pennys worth, or 10cents, depending on where you are. Drakmar..? NO? anyways. Btw, this is about you piece as a trailer, not the story etc

Quote:

Keep cinematic mode on the whole time (even at the end).

and the beginning. Maybe, fade in to the scene with cini on. If you fade black for a few seconds, you could have (like you did with the 'coming soon' at the end [how did you do this, please tell] the name of the scenario, written by etc, I know its cliche, but hey its a trailer, man!
Camera work
Maybe a nice slow pan l to r on the field workers. When the dragon comes in let us see what he is burning (possible at a different pitch. Also, maybe fade to night as the trailer progresses and then when the dragon burps on the buildings you will have a better contrast with the night and the flames, or change to night suddenly for more drama as the dragon appears

When the spirit guys (sorry don't know thw AOM name) appear maybe place a mist on the ground where there are to appear, but maybe at a time a few sentences before, then destroy it when they appear.

Anyway, hope this helps. 10cents that was more like a buck!

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Project: WotM - War of the Magi
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames