Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign The Ring Of The Nibelungen Act 1 The Rhinegold
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 25 March 2004 09:24 PM EDT (US)   
This old showcase thread was timed out...please check the new showcase thread here: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,20471,,all

or download the campaign here: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4079

THE RING OF THE NIBELUNGEN. Act 1: THE RHINE GOLD

STUDIO: The Vandhaal
PROGRESS:95 %
RELEASE DATE: unknown
TYPE: Campaign Mixed game types Rpg/ Fixed forces/ Build and destroy
INFO:

The Norns discover that their spinningwheel has made a knot in the rope of time... It is an ill omen. The Dark Alba will rise. He will change the worlds of mortals..and gods...forever....in the end, he can cause the downfall of the light Alba himself

Alberich the Nibelungen(A Nightdwarfs) steals the magical Rhinegold from the Daughters of the Rhine...With the powers this treasure holds he finally can fullfill his longlast dream: to become the ruler of Nibelheim and the entire world. As Alberich and his army start their tour of destruction he is not aware that he will play a key role in a deal between Wotan ,the supreme leader of the gods, and the Titans....

The Campaign will take you from the underground world of Nibelheim along the various races which live along the river Rhine up into the realm of the gods themselves and... back.You take controle of Alberich, his generals and his legions as they proceed to meet their destiny...

Features

• 7 playable and 7 full cinematic scenarios
  • Playable scenarios have mixed styles: rpg, ff, b&d
  • Playable scenarios contain many cinematic parts
  • All cinematics are very detailed
  • Maps are very detailed and have personalized location features (some of you call this eyecandy I just call it detailed)
  • Rpg scenarios contain *"simple" puzzles and *"simple" interaction (like bying stuff, choosing turning points, talk, etc.*At least: In my point of view they are simple
  • Some scenarios contain weather conditions
  • The sound/dialoque tracks are based on Leitmotifs just as the original opera.
  • A nice story line. Links to the next parts of this tale (The valkyries, Siegfried and the twillight of the gods) are embedded in the storyline.
  • For the techlovers amongst you: Campaign contains some nice trigger work (I lost count on how many but who cares...)
  • For the lazy guys or the once who do not like rpg games i will write a walktrhough so they won't have to use cheatcodes (and miss some nice parts and/or story pieces of the game)
  • Well a lot more of stuff which you have find out yourself.

Screenshots and artworks
To view some preview screenshots please go to the Vandhaals Aom screenshots pages:Info and images on/of the main characters can be found in the Aom artwork sector of The vandhaal website.go along this way

Wagners Ring saga
The Rhine Gold is based on the first Opera in the Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus by Richard Wagner
Wagners Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus consist out of 4 operas.Besides great music, you all will probably know The Ride of the valkyries, the story is an interesting mix of heroes/ magic/ battle/death/deceipt.Wagners Operas are based upon the old tale of Das Nibelungen Lied (German, Low Lands and Norse myths)

The 4 operas are called:

(1) The Rhine Gold (current campaign project)
(2) The Valkyrie (possible next project..who kowns...)
(3) Siegfried (possible next project ..who knows..)
(4) Twillight of the gods (possible next projects..who knows)

If you like to read a short description of the other 3 parts of this tale, please
go along this way

General progress statistics:

• scen1 95% Full cinematic prologue
  • scen2 95% Rpg
  • scen3 95% Full cinematic
  • scen4 95% Mixed: Rpg + FF + B&D
  • scen5 80% short FF
  • scen5 95% Full cinematic
  • scen6 95% B&D
  • scen7 95% mixed: Rpg + FF + B&D
  • scen8 95% Full cinematic
  • scen9 95% Mixed: FF + Rpg
  • scen10 95% Full cinematic
  • scen11 95% B&D
  • scen12 95% Full cinematic
  • scen13 95% B&D
  • scen14 95% Full cinematic

Playtesters:
Second final round tester:
1) Antisback
2) Liv3
3) Felix Hermansson
4) King Jared
5) Auron
6) Tbarak

Second round final testing is at about: 100%
Editing will start soon

Third final round tester: The Vandhaal (has not yet started)

Fourth final round tester: .......(has not yet started)

Email or visit The Vandhaal website if you like to know more or just leave a reaction.
email
webmaster@vandhaal.zzn.com

web
www.geocities.com/the_vandhaal

This old showcase thread was timed out...please check the new showcase thread here: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,20471,,all

or download the campaign here: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4079

For all The Vandhaal released and or published stuff on AomH and the HG network and around the internet counts:

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 09-26-2008 @ 11:33 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08 May 2004 10:30 PM EDT (US)     26 / 32  
This is one of the Campaigns i'm waiting

Just a question: Isn't it in the game "nibelung ring"? Or nibelungem is another thing?

--- Twelve encarnations of evil attacked Earth in the last 12000 years. The elves have foreseen that another one will do the same. Tahattus is the 13º encarnation of evil, the last one, and battling against him will change all the rules about the things... --- Zumas Poéticas, 2300 B. C.

[This message was probably messed up by any of the moderators! (edited 06-26-2004 @ 02:16 PM).]

posted 09 May 2004 09:16 AM EDT (US)     27 / 32  
Thanx for the reaction Tahattus,

Well after my researched on the Nibelungen and the opera I found that it has many versions which all have the same ingredients (That's the problem with old tales.) Wagners operas are also an adaptation and a mix of tales on the "original" tale which is called "Das Nibelungen Lied" (Nibelungen song).As for the names Nibelungen ring or just Nibelung ring, well it's used both so I picked one...Lol (the German one that is) But this counts also for all the other names in the tale (there are a lot of versions of them also).

If you mean wheter the rpg game "Ring" and its follow up is based on the same opera..the answer is yes

Hope this answers your question.
Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
posted 16 May 2004 07:52 PM EDT (US)     28 / 32  
post is updated I have added some small publication images and short descriptions of the other 3 parts from this tale to my website (see above) Furthermore i have added a small picture from the old manuscript of the Nibelungen lied to the artwork sector of my website...when you are in the neighbourhood just check them out.

Playtesting is going well (after I had some troubles with the progress campaign triggers).

If you have any questions..don't hesitate to ask!

That's it for now.
Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 21 May 2004 09:35 PM EDT (US)     29 / 32  
POST IS UPDATED

Yes yes I know I said I wouldn't make any major changes..but sometimes I have to take a break from testing (it can be really boring)..so in the middle of my final testings I made a small ff scenario....

....other tests are still running smooth.

best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 29 May 2004 10:06 PM EDT (US)     30 / 32  
UPDATE

Ok here follows a short update on the progress.

I have skipped the extra ff scenario..what should be a short/ simple/ fun thing to create and play turned out into a nightmare for me to make....
The extra scenario was at 95% but it kept crashing the game after hours of troubleshooting I had enough of it..(read my adventures on this short scenario in the "have a question thread..").

As for the testing:
I have just finsihed round 1..it went well...So round 2 will follow soon I will proceed after I have charged myself again

That's all for now
Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 08-12-2004 @ 09:02 AM).]

posted 09 June 2004 08:02 PM EDT (US)     31 / 32  
Post update

Antisback and Liv3 Have started the second round of the final playtesting.

--edit---

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-30-2004 @ 08:02 AM).]

posted 17 June 2004 09:55 PM EDT (US)     32 / 32  
looks good

The DI is the future of the gaming world!!

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign The Ring Of The Nibelungen Act 1 The Rhinegold
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames