Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign The Ring Of The Nibelungen Act 1: The Rhinegold
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8  Next Page »
posted 04 October 2004 08:44 PM EDT (US)   

THE RING OF THE NIBELUNGEN. Act 1: THE RHINE GOLD

STUDIO: The Vandhaal ( member of Tsunami studios)
PROGRESS:completed
RELEASE DATE: 23-03-2005 updated on 03-04-2005
TYPE: Campaign Mixed game types Rpg/ Fixed forces/ Build and destroy
INFO:

The Norns discover that their spinningwheel has made a knot in the Rope of Time....it is an ill Omen. The Dark Alba will rise. he will change the worlds of mortals...and gods...forever. In the end he even can cause the downfall of the Light Alba himself...

In a time lost to history, when the gods still walked among the mortals the powerthirsty Nibelungen Alberich (a nightdwarf), steals the magical Rhinegold from the daughters of the Rhine. This act will change the worlds of the Gods, Titans, Spirits and mortals forever. With the powers this treasure holds he is finally able to fullfill his long last dream; to become the ruler of Nibelheim and the entire world. As Alberich and his legions start their tour of death and destruction he is not aware that he will play a key role in a deal between Wotan, the supreme leader of the gods, and the mighty Titans....The campaign will take you from the dark underground world of Nibelheim along the various races which live by the Rhine up into the realm of the gods themselves.......and back.You take controle of Alberich, his Generals and his legions as they proceed to meet their destiny....

Alberich ( Nibelungen)
The tyrant Nibelungen who steals the magical Rhinegold from the Rhinedaughters. He forces his brother Mime to forge the magical ring from it.
Mime (Nibelungen)
The brother of Alberich. Although he is afraid of his brutal brother do not judge him to swift as a poor character. Mime is the best blacksmith in Nibelheim
Wotan (Gods)
The lord of the gods. Wotan walkes a lot among the mortals in different shapes. One well known shape is as a giant wolf. He has felt the growing powers of the Titans and is afraid that they will revolt one day.
Loge (Spirits)
The servant of Wotan or as Alberich calls him : the slave of Wotan.
because Wotan has forbidden Loge to change ever again into his elemental form without permission. Loge dreams of the day he can change into his fireform and scorge the earth again. Loge is a trickster and a clever mind..
Fafner (Titans)
The oldest of all Titans.Because of his long live he loses his interest in the world around him more and more each day. He and his brother Fasolt are the rulers of all Titans and the fathers of the giants
Fasolt (Titans)
The titans where always oppressed by the gods but Fasolt was the first who's mind was set to get freedom for the Titans. Although the time had not yet been come to confront the gods He and the other Titans had gained much strenght over the past ages.

Please Notice: above images are artist impressions ..so NO mods..You all probably know to which units in the game they referre

If you like to see/read more about some of the other characters please go to the artwork pages. Not all main characters are mentioned so you will encounter some more in the campaign

Features

• 8 playable and 10 full cinematic scenarios
  • Playable scenarios have mixed styles: rpg, ff, b&d
  • Playable scenarios contain many cinematic parts
  • Some cinematics are very detailed some are to tell the story
  • Maps are very detailed and have personalized location features (some of you call this eyecandy I just call it detailed)
  • Rpg scenarios contain *"simple" puzzles and *"simple" interaction (like bying stuff, choosing turning points, talk, etc.*At least: In my point of view they are simple
  • Some scenarios contain weather conditions
  • The sound/dialoque tracks are based on Leitmotifs just as the original opera.
  • A nice story line. Links to the next parts of this tale (The valkyries, Siegfried and the twillight of the gods) are embedded in the storyline.
  • For the techlovers amongst you: Campaign contains some nice trigger work (I lost count on how many but who cares...)
  • In some scenarios the player can use the Rings shapeshifting power.
  • 18 custom made overlay images.
  • Well a lot more of stuff which you have find out yourself.

Scenario descriptions:
Here are some short discriptions of the misc scenarios. The indication of the difficulty level is based on the comments of the Playtesters. Some found the games hard some easy so it is really depending on your own skills and how concentrated you play...so just see them as they are.... just as indications ! I have tried as good as possible to make a nice mix so that there will be something for everyone in the campaign ( New guys and more expereinced guys).

• Scen1: Full cinematic
  • Scen2: Simple introduction Rpg with average difficulty level
  • Scen3: Full cinematic
  • Scen4: Skipable instruction cinematic
  • Scen5: Begins as simple Rpg/FF and ends in B&D style. Average difficulty level
  • Scen6: Full cinematic
  • Scen7: Basic B&D game with average difficulty level
  • Scen8: Begins with a simple Rpg/FF and ends in B&D style. Average difficulty level
  • Scen9: skipable instruction cinematic
  • Scen10: Full cinematic
  • Scen11: Starts with a simple FF style and ends in a simple Rpg/Puzzle. Average difficulty level.
  • Scen12: Full long cinematic
  • Scen13: More complex Rpg. Higher difficulty level
  • Scen14: Full cinematic
  • Scen14: Basic B&D game with average difficulty level
  • Scen16: Full cinematic
  • Scen17: Basic B&D game with higher difficulty level
  • Scen18: Full cinematic

Screenshots, Artworks and Wmv movie

Screenshots
To view some preview screenshots please go to the Vandhaals Aom screenshots pages:

Artworks
Info and images on/of the main characters and special made artwork Screenshots can be found in the Aom artwork sector of The vandhaal website:

Click above artwork to see an enlarged version from from it

Wmv movie
You can download a little Media player movie version from the cinematic called: Clash with the Gibichungen (scen 12).
Runtime aprox. 26 minutes

Wagners Ring saga
The Rhine Gold is based on the first Opera in the Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus by Richard Wagner
Wagners Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus consist out of 4 operas.Besides great music, you all will probably know The Ride of the valkyries, the story is an interesting mix of heroes/ magic/ battle/death/deceipt.Wagners Operas are based upon the old tale of Das Nibelungen Lied (German, Low Lands and Norse myths)

The 4 operas are called:

(1) The Rhine Gold (current campaign project)
(2) The Valkyrie (possible next project..who kowns...)
(3) Siegfried (possible next project ..who knows..)
(4) Twillight of the gods (possible next projects..who knows)

Act 2: The Valkyrie

Act 3: Siegfried

Act 4: Twillight of the Gods

If you like to read a short description of the other 3 parts of this tale, please
along this way

Playtesters:

I like to thank all the playtesters again for their work.

• Antisback
  • Felix Hermansson
  • Tbarak
  • PacoGames
  • Kjelli
  • Cave Town

Final release notes:

IMPORTANT:

Please follow the instructions indicated in the Read me file !! This file contains the IN and UN- install instructions furthermore some important game play information is given. SO PLEASE READ IT !

Some things in advance:

• SAVE the scenarios often !!
  • READ carefully everything !!
  • TAKE your time as some scenarios have a long play time so I suggest you play in sessions !!
  • EXPLORE carefully around some clues for riddles in later scenarios can be found in earlier scenarios
  • HAVE fun !!

Download:

Use this link to go to the download page on aomH

More Info, Contact and Questions:

Email or visit The Vandhaal website if you like to know more or just leave a reaction.
    email
    vandhaal@gmail.com

web
    New website:
    http://www.vandhaal.elpea.net

Old website:
    www.geocities.com/the_vandhaal

New website mirror:
    New website mirror
    Websites splash navigation

Forum:
    The vandhaal forum

If you like to receive any tips or advice during your adventures...just post them in this showcase thread or contact me on one of the above ways !! Don't get frustrated but just ask ! In the case this AomH showcase thread is timed out you can post your questions in my personal forums (see above for url)Already some tips and tricks are added...including a full walkthrough for The Wizard scenario

For all The Vandhaal released and or published stuff on AomH and the HG network and around the internet counts:

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    [This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 09-26-2008 @ 11:34 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 31 May 2005 10:37 PM EDT (US)     176 / 190  
    Hello again Floormat,

Quote:

but when i take the relic of the tower to the shrine nothing happens.

It works...its probably a slow firing distance to unit effect on your system.....can't do anything about that because its an anoying aom behaviour...so best thing is just try.

best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    posted 31 May 2005 10:44 PM EDT (US)     177 / 190  
    Get on MSN Vandhaal

posted 31 May 2005 10:50 PM EDT (US)     178 / 190  
    no, i even tried knocking down the shrine to get closer to the vortex thingy, it doesn't work.
    posted 01 June 2005 07:56 AM EDT (US)     179 / 190  
    @ Floormat,

Yes that is what I am talking about....Aomplayer had the same problem....which was caused by 2 reasons:

1) slow firing distance to unit trigger effect ( the shrine is the base and the relic is the object to bring close.)

The trigger effect is now set on high priority and run immidiatly and the distance is around 18 or 22.

The slow firing can be caused by the system the Aom game runs on. Aomplayer (see posts below) had troubles with the horned beatles and the wall which dropped down....it was the same trigger effect as with the shrines.

2) The file can get corrupted during the download...this probably hasn't happend in your case.

So again I am very sorry because I can see that you are very far in the scenario but this is an AOM related bug thing and has not something to do with the scenario. The trigger works but it can fire very slooow on some comps or even don't fire at all (just read Aomplayers posts below ).Sometimes saving and restarting can also help.

@ Elpea,

K I will try to go on msn

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 01 June 2005 05:36 PM EDT (US)     180 / 190  
    the temple seems to be in my way, i cant get close to the shrine without clicking on it. is there any way to drop the relic so it ends up near the shrine?
    posted 01 June 2005 05:58 PM EDT (US)     181 / 190  
    ok i figured it out... why are there TWO objects called 'relic of the tower' ?
    posted 01 June 2005 07:00 PM EDT (US)     182 / 190  
    Hello again Floormat

Quote:

ok i figured it out... why are there TWO objects called 'relic of the tower'

Basicly the relic you find in the main hall vansihes into thin air as soon as it comes near the entrance of the checkerboard room (yes its a trickster relic just like those inside the prison cells). Later you will find it back after you have battled the wizard for the first time (yes thats a second relic of the tower you find in the room with the lava pit)

LoL well this can mean 2 things:

A) you have cheated your way into the tower somehow

B) You have found a new way of getting into the tower and pick up the correct (second) relic of the tower in the room with the lava pit.....

If option B is a fact in your case then congrats because then you have found another way then I tried out in my 40 tests of this scenario...please post it so I can ad it to the walktrhough.

I ll quess the problem was that you had used the wrong relic of the tower at the tower shrine ?

and yes just dropping it near the shrines should be good enough to fire the trigger...it has a range of 18 to 22 or so

Anyway I am glad you solved it...just ask again when you need more help....but reading how you solved this scenario it should be no problem for you to play the rest (this was the most complex rpg).

Good luck and best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 01 June 2005 07:09 PM EDT (US)     183 / 190  
    yeah i didn't take it through the checkerboard room, i took it through the dungeon. you should have made it more clear that you have to get the golem BEFORE you try the checkerboard room, because thats why i got stuck.
    posted 01 June 2005 09:57 PM EDT (US)     184 / 190  
    Hello Floormat,

Well I made this scenario so that it shouldn't be too clear to the player...this scenario has NO objectives and the player has to figure out what to do by himself....but enough hints could be found....like for example: the man in the water pit , the old man with the ripped of legs , the warning which pops up as soon as you enter the checkerboard room and some more .

Well anyway good to hear you solved it

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

p.s. I think I know now...you said earlier you blew up the gate...probably the one in the dungeon which lead to the backdoor entrance into the upper room of the tower

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 27 June 2005 05:12 AM EDT (US)     185 / 190  
    Hello All,

Although I know that the majority of the downloaders and players from my campaign are not amongst the AoMH forummers I still like to say thanx for the 4000 + downloads from AoMH.

Concidering that AoM is not so popular anymore I am very amazed that still so much people in the world are interested in the Age Of Myhtology game and download a custom campaign or scenario...

....so this is also a good sign for all the other and newer AoM scenario designers in here keep up the spirit guys and girls.

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

p.s. my personal forum is down untill the 1st of july (GX mirror has maxed out its monthly Bandwidth) and maybe I should also check the other download places to see whats happening there.

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-27-2005 @ 10:55 AM).]

posted 27 June 2005 09:32 AM EDT (US)     186 / 190  
    You can make that 4,000 and 1
    posted 08 July 2005 07:52 PM EDT (US)     187 / 190  
    Hello.
    Now, I had the opportunity to play the Rhinegold campaign, and it's charming me, I play whenever I can.
    But I have a problem in the first scenario, it's difficult in the relic placing at the rock to release the spirit. I think it gives some clues in the order to place the relics, 1 rock means the first relic you see (Rott), 2 rocks mean the 2nd relic (the one of the sunlight-firing-towers?) and 3 mean the one you get by getting blood to the shades.
    It's confusing, because I don't know if I placed the relics wrong, or not very near the shrines-rocks they belong to.
    Any help please?
    Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Carmonilio (edited 07-08-2005 @ 07:53 PM).]

posted 08 July 2005 08:16 PM EDT (US)     188 / 190  
    @ Carmonilio

Hello nice to hear that the campaign is charming you...and just take your time in playing it...its made for fun

minor spoiler alert
    Ok as for your question:

Indeed the 3 relics have to be placed at the correct Rhunestone. I do not know anymore by heart which relic name belongs to which rhunestone but you can check this indeed by the small rocks beside the rhunestones where you find the relics. so simply place them at the rhunestones with the same amount of small rocks ( 1 , 2 and 3)

I don't think that it can be caused by not placing them near enough to the rhunestone because.
    The range is set very high and the trigger is set to high priority and run immidiatly. So you do not need to place them exact beside the rhunestones ......

But Another thing which you can probably also experience is the following:

The distance to unit effect can be firing very slow on your computer....this has nothing to do with the scenario but can be caused by your system or in the worst case can be caused by a corrupted download. Aomplayer ( now called grun) has had the same problem...and unfortunatly he had to re download the entire campaign. After that his problems where solved.

Well I don't hope that your download is corrupted and hope the above info helps you out.

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

p.s. you can also find some more tips and stuff in my personal forum so don't hesitate to ask

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 07-08-2005 @ 08:18 PM).]

posted 21 July 2005 04:25 PM EDT (US)     189 / 190  
    Thank you The Vandhaal for your help . I managed to release the spirit and coninued onto the adventure in these days, hehe. I'm enjoying it.
    Thanks again.
    posted 07 August 2005 10:17 PM EDT (US)     190 / 190  
    Sorry for the late reply Carmonilio,

I totally overlooked it as I am not very regular around here in these days.

Good to hear that you managed to release the sprit and good to hear that you enjoy it uptill now....although it will maybe take longer before I answer just don't hesitate to ask again.

I hope you also enjoy the upcomming stuff so Have fun

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign The Ring Of The Nibelungen Act 1: The Rhinegold
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames