Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Birthright II and Heroes Chronicles
« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14 15 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
posted 01 December 2004 01:32 PM EDT (US)   
Heroes Chronicles Screenshots:

Note: From now on, the screenshots of HC I will be posting will be eye candy mostly. I've revealed enough plot points so far, haven't I

Blumenkohl's Marshland
Statue of Zen in the Marsh
Echowind's Lair
Bridge
Entrance to Community Forum
Part of Community Forum
Menu Background
Lame
Heavengames
Heavengames1
Heavengames2
Heavengames3

* This thread is for inspirational and showcase purposes. It seems everytime I log in, a comment by a any forumer can change the course of the scenario's developement. Thanks to those who help. I would love comments, what you would like to see, etc... because, as it is probably my last project, I intend to really just- go all out on this one. I also enjoy project showcases.

* This is the project thread for both my projects so I don't flood the forums or anything.

Story

Birthright 2 is the sequel to 2004's Birthright-The Adventure. The sequel will take the RPG series and AoM Scenario Design to a new level introducing new techinques, fast paced FPS-style combat and a powerful, romantic and suspensful storyline.

You play Talon, a Gladiator who's skill in the arena has earned him great reknown.

When the inhabitants of the village of Avon's Grove mysteriously dissapear, Talon is called upon to defend the village's only survivor- Kaeso, who is being hunted down by a ferocious enemy. With the help of memorable friends along the way, Talon and Kaeso must discover what they can-and finally solve the mystery of Avon's Grove.

Features

• Fun, action-packed and fast paced combat- switch between multiple weapons, gather power ups, cast powerful spells, manipulate the terrain and every object to your will- and more!

• 'Knights of the Old Republic'- inspired reputation system. For every mission, you can choose between the 'good' and the 'evil' choice- each with their own unique consequences.

• Over 200 unique missions.

• 6 distinct areas to visit- each filled with action-packed moments sure to keep you entertained for hours.

• Highly immersive story-line- fall in love or get revenge, kill your enemy or show mercy- the story is in your hands.

• Dozens of fully animated cinematics.

• A massive world filled with memorable locations, secret areas and impressive eye candy.

• New Experience Gaining System- choose what skills, weapons, power ups and bonuses every time you level up!

• Unique use of 'special effects' to enhance visual experience during combat.

• Shops filled with armor, weapons, spells, 'powerup' potions and more.

• A massive arena filled with booby traps, chained lions and triggered battles- putting an end to the 'right click on your enemy to kill him' era.

• Single Player and Multiplayer Modes. The ability to play your quest online with a friend! (2 players only).

• In-game skippable Tutorial that will explain everything from top to bottom- no more annoying Readme!

• Craft your own spells- gather items from around the map and combine them into a mighty spell!

• Robbing houses now involves an in-door sequence in which you must use stealth to avoid guards and steal the unfortunate owner's belongings!

These are by no means all the features. These are the ones I have triggered or am in the proccess of triggering. The rest are standard. Day/Night Cycle, etc... As I come accross more ideas, I will post them here. As you can see, I am focusing on triggerwork this time.

Here are some of the original's features which I did not include in this one:

- Character Customization: The reason for this is to enhance the story-portion of the map. I felt that if I knew exactly who and what your character is, I could create a more deep and engaging story-line than the first.

- Hunger/Stamina: I felt that with all of Birthright 2's features, adding these would put too much on the player's mind. Besides, nobody liked this feature much and it caused nothing but problems.

- Open-Ended(Back and Forth) Gameplay: The first's gameplay was too open-ended. Player's found themselves walking back and bloody back and forth and it just got annoying. I decided to make this more linear- but never fear! You will never feel like you're in a 'linear world' because every area is quite big and has ALOT to do.

What's improved on the original:

First off, as you can see I've worked on combat like never before. The things you'll see in this scenario will include some modded combat (I need AoMPlayer's help to see if this is possible, if not, my old idea for terrain manipulation will be used).

I noticed in the first combat was difficult and- in the end- there wasn't enough of it. In Birthright 2, combat is as unique as it gets. You can switch between a bow and a spear and a sword and a staff- just about anything. There are dozens of weapons to purchase. There are also 'power boosts'- like speed boosts, strength boosts, health boosts, etc..- temporary effects ofcourse.

There's also the 'spells'. The spells are not simply god powers. They include transformation, turning your enemies to stone, temporary 'uberizing', etc...

Sufficient to say, the combat in this scenario will be action packed. There will be alot of it- ofcourse, if you don't use your abilities you can't win. I've placed many of the enemies in situations where you are forced to, for example, use your bow.

'Manipulate the Terrain'- I don't want to get into this too much, but for those who've played Half-Life 2- think, Gravity Gun.

'Special Effects'- From fire to explosions to 'flashes', everything will be there. Your screen will be filled with tons of action-packed events, all triggered but not 'scripted' so that replayability value will be there.

'Arena'- The arena will not be as boring as the first one. It is a massive structure filled with booby traps and 'chained' lions who can maul you to death if you get too close.

The idea of the Arena is to force you to think to win. The enemy is 'triggered', meaning you cannot win by right clicking on him because he has tricks of his own! For example, he may use the 'shock' g/p to push you towards the lions- and to your death!

I'll keep updating later!

Tell me what you think! Screens soon on the arena and tutorial stages! I PROMISE to update screens REGURALY.

Screenshots

Just opening scene/tutorial cinematics. I'll post some city/etc.. ones very soon. The scenario is in trigger work stage- I usually trigger combat/RPG/etc.. before really delving into map design. But I'll have screens from the opening city soon.

Tutorial:

Tutorial Mission

Belon Instructs Talon

Avon's Grove***NEW****

Curse on Avon's Grove

Tutorial- Yes or No?

Arena (Screenie Taken Inside Editor)

Keep checking every day. I will update.

Birthright- Avon's Grove Previews

Spells

In Birthright II- Avon's Grove, you will be able to gather items from around the map and turn them into powerful spells. With these potions in your arsenal, you can change the weather, unleash destructive forces, and more.

Here are the spells you get for following the Light Side (Good Path).:

• Weather Transformation: Weather transformation literally bends the forces of nature to your will. With this power, you'll be able to cast a snowstorm or a mighty wind to decrease the range and LOS of your enemies.

• Stone: Casting stone on an enemy will turn him or her into stone for a short period of time. You can destroy the enemy while he/she is 'stoned'.

• Ignite: This spell allows you to set your enemies on fire.

• Haste: Haste will give you a temporary boost in speed which will allow you to run and attack faster.

• Cure: Cure will restore your health to full.

• Titan: Temporarily changes you into a super-human creature.

Here are the spells you get for following the Dark Side (Evil Path):

• Backstab: For a temporary amount of time, casting this spell will allow you to attack your enemies- and they can't hit you back.

• Pain: Instantly destroys your enemy- painfully.

• Fearsome Might: Cast a powerful spell that will send multiple enemies into a fiery death.

• Fireball: Hurl a destructive fireball at your target.

• Summon: Temporarily summon undead minions to your side!

• Titan: Temporarily transform into a ferocious, mighty creature and reak havoc.

* That's today's preview. My next preview will be of the in-game characters you'll meet.

* Each of these spells requires you to discover the ingredients, search them out and mix them in the alchemy.

Characters

In Birthright II- Avon's Grove, several NPCs will follow you around your quest. These NPCs can be interacted with and develop the story- they also offer tons of side quests and abilities. As you gain experience, new dialogue options are given- leaving the story in your hands! (You can choose between multiple dialogue options with each character).

Some of these icons are taken from TLL..mwahaha!

Below are list of the main characters you will see in Birthright II:

• Talon: Talon was born in the capital city of Llancarfan. His mother abandonned him at birth, being unable to raise him, and he was taken in by Belon- a trainer at the Colloseum. In time, with Belon's help, Talon began to show great prowess and skill in the arena- which earned him his fame. He currently works for the police headquarters in Madrigal.

• Belon: Belon is one of the most well known and respected trainers at the colloseum. His gladiators have all won great reknown- but none as great as Talon, his favorite gladiator. Belon himself used to be a gladiator, until the Emperor freed him- rewarding him for his skill. Now Belon serves as a trainer to future gladiators, and even as a bodyguard to the emperor himself. He is also Talon's adopted father.

• Keira: Keira is Talon's lover. Since childhood they had been friends and that friendship has grown into a relationship between them. However, the appearance of the beautiful Eleanor and Talon's reluctance to commit have made this relationship anything but smooth.

• Eleanor: Eleanor is the beautiful warrior princess and daughter to the Emperor Alric. Tired of palace life, she has run-away with Talon on his quest to solve the mystery of Avon's Grove. Talon is reluctant to take her at first, but her beauty sways him. Now they must deal with the imperial guards- who will surely be after them.

• Emperor Alric: Alric rose to power through a military coup that ousted his own brother, Duncan. His rule has been an unpleasant one though none would dare oppose him. His daughter, Eleanor, secretly harbours a hated for him and Alric is just waiting for an excuse to kill her.

Duncan himself seems to have dissapeared...

• Iron: Iron is a strange character. He joins Talon on his quest for unknown reasons and he never once reveals his name. Talon is reluctant to trust this man but agrees that he needs his help. Iron is unparralled in combat.

• Vidor: The emperor's advisor, Vidor, is a mysterious fellow who's very words sway the emperor's actions. He is dangerous and has a distinct hatred for Talon and his gang.

• Yuli: Yuli is the last of the race of Dwarves- however, he believes there is an underground empire of dwarves hidden from the rest of the world. His search for the last of his race crosses paths with that of Talon's. Yuli decides to help Talon on his quest in return for help on his.

• Kaeso: Kaeso is the last surviving villager of Avon's Grove. All the people who once knew and loved seemed to have vanished-and in there place, a terrible curse. Kaeso is determined to find out what happened and hire's policeman Talon as his body-guard against the creature sent to fullfill the curse- to kill the last surviving member of Avon's Grove.

• Creature: The mysterious creature looms over Kaeso each night, ever watchful of a chance to fullfill the curse of Avon's Grove.

• Bethus: Bethus is- a thief. While trying to rob a home, he is caught by Talon- who offers to spare him of the city jails if he helps him on his quest.

In Birthright II, robbing homes cannot happen until Bethus is on your team.

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 01-30-2005 @ 06:55 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 29 December 2004 06:51 AM EDT (US)     301 / 857  
    Naaw Echo wasn't eaten... He was fried by a thunder storm

What will I be ? (random harpy, lol)

Always flying around at Ambition Designs.
    If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start ! -Edmund Blackadder
    posted 29 December 2004 07:01 AM EDT (US)     302 / 857  
    ^lol ArcticWind already took the role (sort of) of the random bird.

Nah you'll be one of the forumers you can take along on your quest.

posted 29 December 2004 02:12 PM EDT (US)     303 / 857  
    I wish to be evil, muhahaha! . Are you putting design teams in this btw? You could join a design team and have to complete missions for them to crush to rival design team empires. I don't know whether i mentioned this before but if you need it theres a mod of me as a AOM unit made by a friend of mine and i can send it over to you if need be.

the fate of Rome lies in your hands
    ---------------------------
    S . P . Q . R
    ---------------------------
    comming soon
    posted 30 December 2004 11:34 AM EDT (US)     304 / 857  
    lol Pharoah, I already have your role for it. Actually, Elpea is the one who gave me the idea, its pretty funny.

(Changed my mind about entering this into the contest for the 2nd time, LOL)

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 12-30-2004 @ 11:45 AM).]

posted 30 December 2004 02:46 PM EDT (US)     305 / 857  
    You change your mind too much.....

posted 30 December 2004 03:09 PM EDT (US)     306 / 857  
    Speaking of changing your mind...Where are those screenshots you promised, Gaurdian?
    posted 30 December 2004 03:21 PM EDT (US)     307 / 857  
    Meh, look at mine for now.

posted 30 December 2004 03:25 PM EDT (US)     308 / 857  
    Will do.

That "breast researcher" one is hilarious.

posted 31 December 2004 00:00 AM EDT (US)     309 / 857  
    Yeah lol.

Hmm, screenies- k, on Saturday I'll post em.

posted 31 December 2004 08:53 AM EDT (US)     310 / 857  
    Yeah, I'll bet...

The Oden King
    -LFS--LTA-

[This message has been edited by TheodenKing (edited 12-31-2004 @ 08:53 AM).]

posted 31 December 2004 09:08 AM EDT (US)     311 / 857  
    lol I will I will!
    posted 31 December 2004 10:12 AM EDT (US)     312 / 857  
    Alright, story mode of scenario is 75% complete. I'm going to start adding the other forumers now and making the triggers to add them to your party, etc...!

I can't wait to be done with this project lol. I want to start working on another. With this project I've really out-done myself (if I do say so myself) in map design, the map is totally different from what I've done before, but being an AoMH scenario its story doesn't do the map design justice. So I want to get working on Avon's Grove.

I'm sure you will all like this when its released on Jan. 25th. Its mostly a combat scenario, very straightforward with tons of jokes, etc...

posted 01 January 2005 05:39 AM EDT (US)     313 / 857  

Quote:

Yeah lol.

Hmm, screenies- k, on Saturday I'll post em.

Its 9:41pm saturday and you still havent posted them comon Im impatient.

If echo is a chicken I want to eat him. do I ge to eat him, Id like that. oh and dont forget to include waveslaves fatwoman picture in it.

posted 01 January 2005 07:17 AM EDT (US)     314 / 857  
    Do it!

The Oden King
    -LFS--LTA-
    posted 01 January 2005 07:43 AM EDT (US)     315 / 857  
    Lazy git!!
    posted 01 January 2005 09:45 AM EDT (US)     316 / 857  
    Screens shall grace this topic soon. Its saturday, might put them up tonight.
    posted 01 January 2005 09:57 AM EDT (US)     317 / 857  
    liar its sunday here.
    You should specify time zones so people like me dont get annoyed.
    posted 01 January 2005 12:22 PM EDT (US)     318 / 857  
    lol. Californian time zone.

Saturday night thou shalt behold some newest cool screens. Every forumer who requests a screen gets a screenshot of his character in this 'ere thread.

posted 01 January 2005 12:42 PM EDT (US)     319 / 857  
    Wouldn't this reveal too much?
    posted 01 January 2005 03:42 PM EDT (US)     320 / 857  
    ^ *agrees*
    I think it's better if you don't reveal everything, just keep some to yourself. It's way nicer to meet yourself in the game itself. A few screenies would be nice, though.

Remember this when writing:
    Suprise not others, but yourself

posted 01 January 2005 10:24 PM EDT (US)     321 / 857  
    (I was only kidding. Screens will be coming, though).
    posted 01 January 2005 11:02 PM EDT (US)     322 / 857  
    Oh go on, you have to put me there!!

*an eagle flying through the sky!!*

so exciting!!!!

posted 01 January 2005 11:14 PM EDT (US)     323 / 857  
    Nothing is as exciting as being a chicken.

posted 02 January 2005 01:32 AM EDT (US)     324 / 857  

Quote:

*an eagle flying through the sky!!*

An eagle is too glorious for you.

posted 02 January 2005 04:11 AM EDT (US)     325 / 857  
    screenshots its sunday here, its gotta be 11pm there, CMON!!

(¯`-.Proud Member of Ambition Designs and professer at Tsuniversity.-´¯)

Curent projects:
    The Job 25% Complete Hot

Antisbackfiles.tk
    For a guide on how to make WMV trailers for you campaign click Here

« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14 15 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Birthright II and Heroes Chronicles
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames