You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ok I want to know how to get this effect to work.
posted 05 April 2005 10:50 AM EDT (US)   
<Effect name="Invoke God Power World">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Player" varType="player">0</Param>
<Param name="PowerName" dispName="Power" varType="godpower">default</Param>
<Param name="x1" dispName="X-point" varType="float">100</Param>
<Param name="y1" dispName="Y-point" varType="float">100</Param>
<Param name="z1" dispName="Z-point" varType="float">100</Param>
<Command>trTechInvokeGodPower(%PlayerID%, "%PowerName%", vector(rmRandFloat(0,%x1%),rmRandFloat(0,%y1%),rmRandFloat(0,%z1%)), vector(rmRandFloat(0,%x1%),rmRandFloat(0,%y1%),rmRandFloat(0,%z1%)));</Command>
</Effect>

I put this in typetest.xml, and I want it to randomly invoke a GP over 0-x1,0-y1,0-z1. But I think that the game cannot get rmRandFloat to work. If I use:
vector(%x1%,%y1%,%z1%) instead of:
vector(rmRandFloat(0,%x1%),rmRandFloat(0,%y1%),rmRandFloat(0,%z1%)), then it invokes a GP over x1,y1,z1. But this isn't what I want, I want it to invoke the GP in different spots throughout the area from 0,0,0 to x1,y1,z1. I am pretty sure the problem is that the game doesn't execute "rmRandFloat(0,%x1/y1/z1%)", instead it gets some text and therefore does nothing, if someone knows how to get the game to execute the text then I think it would work. I don't know how to fix this, if anyone can help me then I will be very appreciative.

[This message has been edited by Abyssal_Nuclei (edited 04-05-2005 @ 10:51 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05 April 2005 10:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Please post RMS questions in the RMS forum.
posted 05 April 2005 10:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Well it's a trigger question not a Random Map Script question... But if a mod thinks it would be better in RMS then please by all means move it there, because I might get better responses there.
posted 07 April 2005 09:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Someone please help me. If you need more info please ask.
posted 08 April 2005 07:18 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
I answered in the have a question thread
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Ok I want to know how to get this effect to work.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames