Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Short Full Cinematic: Brass Monkey
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02 August 2006 00:17 AM EDT (US)   
Yes...yes..I am still on holiday at the moment...but with the sunny weather and a little time behind a comp I threw this little thing together...and released it just as quick for your entertainment

Brass Monkey

STUDIO:The_Vandhaal ( member of Tsunami Studios).
RELEASE DATE: 1-8-2006
TYPE: Short Full Cinematic (5.46 min Wmv & Avi files/ Streaming and downloadable).

Info and Notes:
I, The Vandhaal, have created this little movie inbetween the work on my feature lenght Full cinematic project called "The Corruptor"
Obviously this little "Brass Monkey" is no match to The Corruptor when it comes down on camera cuts, scenes, artistic layers, story dept and general cinematography.
However although it has not the titanic scope and the quality of The Corruptor movie it has something special...at least for me....and ofcourse it was fun to create and to take a break from the huge Corruptor project.

The Movie scenes from "Brass Monkey" are fully created with the Age of Mythology editor, only original ingame units and objects are used ( NO mods).
The movie contains basicly one impossible feature for AoM cinematics...and this makes it unique. "Brass Monkey" features a unit animation which cannot be used outside the editor (without modding the game). Or in other words this specific unit animation can not be used when an AoM cinematic is played as a game cinematic.
Well the look and movement of this animation has become the main inspiration for this little movie you are about to see.

I am fully aware that people who are not into AoM will not see the "special" thing in this little feature because they probably do not know what the limitations of an Rts game like AoM are.... but probably they will also not see it in the Corruptor feature lenght movie aswell. I hope they at least just simply enjoy it.
I recommend you to grab a good glass of white wine while you watch this little movie.... JML recomments THIS

More Info and Notes :

Ok now you probably ask where can I see this little joint
...don't worry its not far away !!
Go to the Rts Theatre of the Mind here.....you see it among the 17 other rts based movies.....as always there are probably some people who are just too lazy .....well they can simply go directly to the Brass Monkey Theatre here

An optional location ( In case my webbie and its mirror is down ) is YouTube......so if you like to watch it there just go here

More...more... Info and Notes :

Ok there is also a special info page on my webbie for this movie.....and yes it contians download links....so go the the Brass Monkey project page here

More....more...and again more Info and Notes

Don't expect anything "Corruptor"ish, no fancy or complicated stuff....but do expect straight forward fun

Oh and yes :
There are some screenies...but you don't want to see them...they tell basicly nothing...just look at the below thumbs

........see I told you....they tell not so much about what this little movie is about....

The Theatre of the Mind

Ok as some of you guys already know...the Theatre of the Mind had the first ever online RTS machinima Theatre....so yes without bragging....it IS the original place...so forget about the bad copies
Well it got fully updated and has some very nice new additions ...including Brass Monkey there are 6 movies added to it. Check also the theatre of the mind forum
Some other good theatres are...The Lzs theatre and Hyena Studios Videonauts....

• The making of: Brass Monkey

For those who are interested I have written a little bit down on how I have created this little joint.....you can find the guide/ article ( whatever you want to call it) in my AoM Cinematic Valhalla. Want to go directly to the guide...well then check here for the making of Brass Monkey guide/article

• More,..more,..more,...more info and contact

Visit the following locations if you like to know more or just leave a reaction.

New website:
    http://www.vandhaal.elpea.net

Old website:
    www.geocities.com/the_vandhaal

New website mirror:
    New website mirror

Forum:
    The Vandhaal forum

Ok thats it....enough chit chat...the light dims...the curtains of the Theatre of The Mind are opening....I will run of again and enjoy my holiday and I hope you guys and girls will enjoy this little movie

For all The Vandhaal released and or published stuff on AomH and the HG network and around the internet counts:

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    [This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 09-26-2008 @ 11:29 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 13 August 2006 09:31 AM EDT (US)     26 / 48  

That was hilairious and very Mounty Python

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Signatures are broken
    posted 13 August 2006 01:00 PM EDT (US)     27 / 48  
    Hi Van =P
    I saw you message in the messenger, you cinematic is incredible, congratulations, friend.
    See you late!

- Webmaster of El Ágora de Juegos - www.eajuegos.com-
    posted 13 August 2006 03:55 PM EDT (US)     28 / 48  
    The song and the dancing has captured the true spirit of aom

Yeah.... I need a better signature
  • City Under Siege
  • Help9113's Cat and mice
  • Random Myth Wars
    AomT name: Help9113 or Quicksilver
    Senario Design team: None (After about 20....)
  • posted 13 August 2006 07:37 PM EDT (US)     29 / 48  
    Lmao, they weren't dancing help 911.
    posted 13 August 2006 08:43 PM EDT (US)     30 / 48  
    flailing dancing it was a joke

Yeah.... I need a better signature
  • City Under Siege
  • Help9113's Cat and mice
  • Random Myth Wars
    AomT name: Help9113 or Quicksilver
    Senario Design team: None (After about 20....)
  • posted 13 August 2006 09:33 PM EDT (US)     31 / 48  

Quote:

how did u get monkey to dance

I believe thats the flail animation.

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
    its happening now and it’s always been like this.
    posted 14 August 2006 07:46 PM EDT (US)     32 / 48  
    Wow Guys !! thanx for all those reactions.....and Papaya...many thanx for adding this to the main page news.

I am very happy that a lot of you guys & girls have enjoyed this little thing....sorry for those who didn't...cannot help them

.... I am not sure if anybody would like it if I would write a little bit on how I created this little thing...I call the process "action design" ......so just say so if you are interested....and I will add a little article/guide to my aom cinematic Valhalla
    edit never mind i have written a little guide/article...whatever you like to call it.....check the main post under "The making of Brass Monkey"

another thing...maybe nice for the AoMH staff.....some sort of competition...for 1 minute movies...maybe interesting ??? or ?.....Besides myself I have seen that A lot of Lucky Zion members are experimenting with movies and other related things which go beyond just AoM .scx and .cpx files ...so maybe this could be something.....now AoM dies a little more each day...not sure

Again thanx for all those reactions

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

p.s. I am "action designing" also something else at the moment....its a little bit bigger and more complex then Brass Monkey...so maybe more news will follow some day

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 08-15-2006 @ 10:02 AM).]

posted 15 August 2006 12:51 PM EDT (US)     33 / 48  
    ok.... i might sound really dumb... but where is the play button?
    posted 15 August 2006 01:46 PM EDT (US)     34 / 48  
    Hello hobolord,

I am not sure what the problem at your side is...but maybe check the following :

A- you need to have windows media player installed on your system

B- You should use a good browser like internet explorer which can read standard and basic internet stuff and meets the standard
    Firefox can probably not see the embedded windows media player.....not sure why it is not able to see/read basic webstuff.....so adjust the settings or use a normal browser which can see most of the stuff on the internet in a correct way

@ All

I have written a little about the making of brass Monkey....check the main post

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 16 August 2006 05:50 AM EDT (US)     35 / 48  
    WTG Vandhaal!! awesome movie but im surprised the monkeys never stopped for a drink of water or just a little break, they really love to boogy down

Phoenix Studios - Join Today
    Click this link to see how MIGHTY paperfriend is!
    Proud Owner Of 4 Paperfriend Quotes
    Proud Owner Of 1 SwordStorm Quotes
    posted 16 August 2006 10:51 AM EDT (US)     36 / 48  
    LoL yes those little dudes where so happy that they had found eachother that they probably still are dancing as we speak.....I am glad you liked it Howmuchweed2

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 25 August 2006 02:46 PM EDT (US)     37 / 48  
    I cant see it. I link to the page where it says "click play to watch movie" but there is no "play" button!!

Is there another way to see it?

*Highbulp the Third*-*Highbulp the Third*
    posted 26 August 2006 03:25 AM EDT (US)     38 / 48  
    Say what? Do you have windows media player? version 10

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 26 August 2006 11:28 AM EDT (US)     39 / 48  
    Woah! That was really good. That funky monkey.
    posted 26 August 2006 11:53 AM EDT (US)     40 / 48  
    Somehow i click on the play button and somehow it did'nt play.
    OhWell!

Monkey see Monkey do Monkey W/e....

posted 28 August 2006 09:01 AM EDT (US)     41 / 48  
    Hello all and thanx for the reactions
    for those who where able to watch it.....i am glad you liked it guys

@ HighbulpIII

Titan 602 is right....you need windows media player ....usually that comes standard when you have when you have windows xp as your operating system

another thing is also that you need a good browser.....and by good i mean a browser which is capable of showing standard and basic internet stuff ( a windows media player object is a basic internet webbie thing)....so nothing fancy is needed....I have learned that people who use firefox have troubles with standard basic internet stuff....because on some way firefox cannot deal with something as simple as a embedded windows media player object......so if you use firefox or any other browser besides the ie explorer try to adjust the settings.....or just use the internet explorer browser

@ Kill_Power

I am not sure what your connection speed is....but remember the file is a 35 mb file.....so allow it some time to buffer

There are also 2 downloadeable versions.....i suggest you grab the low quality 35 mb version and not the uber version
    The links are on the Brass Monkey project page......check above main topic and you will find the link (its under the header: More...more... Info and Notes : )

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 28 August 2006 10:18 AM EDT (US)     42 / 48  
    It should have been three monkeys... yep, that would rock...

So... whats happened to Corrupter? Last i saw it was 93%...

'~SwordStorm's Accomplishments~'
    '~The Vandhaal's Monkey Boy[?]~'
    '~Owner of Papaya's 3,333rd Post~'
    '~Owner of 666 post in Communitity RPG~'
    '~Owner of 99,999 post in Scenario Discussion~'
    '~Owner of Three Signatures in PF's Signature~'
    posted 28 August 2006 11:06 AM EDT (US)     43 / 48  
    LoL...the Corruptor ??? whats that ?? never heard from it before...tell me some more about it please

Don't worry swordstorm.....i think I have mentioned it already somewhere else.....but there are also some other things running.....maybe smaller....however: smaller=quicker release

oh and this time I didn't forget you

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 28 August 2006 12:26 PM EDT (US)     44 / 48  
    But Smaller = Less advertising too... darn...

'~SwordStorm's Accomplishments~'
    '~The Vandhaal's Monkey Boy[?]~'
    '~Owner of Papaya's 3,333rd Post~'
    '~Owner of 666 post in Communitity RPG~'
    '~Owner of 99,999 post in Scenario Discussion~'
    '~Owner of Three Signatures in PF's Signature~'
    posted 29 August 2006 04:18 AM EDT (US)     45 / 48  

Quote:

oh and this time I didn't forget you

But did you forget me, the improtant one? That's the most important question But seriously though, did you?

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 10 September 2006 12:14 PM EDT (US)     46 / 48  
    Where is the play button and also how did u make that?

Join the true beings serve, The Woad.
    posted 10 September 2006 12:24 PM EDT (US)     47 / 48  

Quote:

The making of: Brass Monkey
    For those who are interested I have written a little bit down on how I have created this little joint.....you can find the guide/ article ( whatever you want to call it) in my AoM Cinematic Valhalla. Want to go directly to the guide...well then check here for the making of Brass Monkey guide/article

Yay! It was in the main-post all the time!

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
    No matter what you say
    posted 10 September 2006 05:46 PM EDT (US)     48 / 48  
    LoL yes It was in the main post for...hmmm 2 weeks already ?

Even had it on the frontpage news of my webbie...last week

Well better late then never...I hope it inspires other to create something themselves.

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Short Full Cinematic: Brass Monkey
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames