Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: triggers don't run
posted 18 June 2007 10:38 AM EDT (US)   

What is this?Hocus Pocus is a screenshot making contest that began in 2006 and was originally hosted by Alex where you submit a Halloween-themed screenshot to be voted on against other people's screenshots. Remember that a good idea can win over a complicated shot, so anyone can win. Just have a good time and enter in the spirit of Halloween.

Use Age of Mythology/Titans to arrange your Halloween picture idea, then use the built-in screenshot function to take a picture in the highest quality you can. Send your screenshot picture file to my email address at:elrich(at)heavengames(dot)comPlease include your forum name as well as a brief caption or title of the shot. I will respond within a day acknowledging your email. If you do not hear from me in this time, please send it again or post a note to me on this thread. Click here to learn how to take a screenshot.

• You may only enter one screenshot
  • Screenshots may have custom mods as long as they are your work. (Don't use someone else's mods)
  • Modding is a very big part of designing and I would like to encourage that. However, 2D mods are not allowed.
  • You may not edit your screenshot in any program outside of the AoM editor (ex: Photoshop, Gimp, etc.) - No titles or caption on the picture itself
  • The screenshot must be started on or after the start date of this contest
  • Your screenshot must be emailed by the deadline
  • Your screenshot should be related to the Halloween theme.No Smurf Voting:
  • To vote, you must vote using an account that is at least as old as this contest.

Halloween is a holiday where big and little kids dress up in costumes that are traditionally frightening like witches, ghosts and zombies and go from house to house collecting candy. Images associated with Halloween usually involve ghosts, black cats, witches, dark magic and spooky moonlit nights. Here is a link to Wikipedia's Halloween entry.

Check here for the latest news

Email me your entries

• First place will win a custom title.

List of entrants:
    youbar,Nickonhawk,Xzaander,Elrich
    Schedule

Oct 4:
     Contest officially starts. Email your screenshots to eric(at)lechtech(dot)com
    and include a brief caption if you would like. You will receive a confirmation email from me. In your email state your forum name so I know who you are.

Oct 26:
    (deadline)
    Screenshots must be submitted by
    Midnight forum time (gmt-5:00)

Oct 27-30:
    Public Voting begins.

Wednesday Oct 31:
    Votes will be counted and the contest results are posted.

Hocus Pocus has become an important tradition here at AOMH and has brought out the best screenshot makers known and unknown. Please feel free to look at the gallery below of previous years' winners:

• Previous
    Year's
    winners

go to the Hocus Pocus 2006 gallery
    Villi

go to the Hocus Pocus 2007 gallery
    The Witching hour
    byBrighty/ChaosRobie
    go to the Hocus Pocus 2008 gallery
    Fresh Human Flesh 
    byNightfever
    go to the Hocus Pocus 2009 gallery
    The Spirits awake
    bySir Thobus

Forest of Gloom
    by Sir Thobus
     ?

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 10-31-2013 @ 08:38 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 18 June 2007 10:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
    Take a look at this thread and see if it helps: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,16850,,all

EDIT: Actually, I think it might be because one of your triggers doesn't work online. So ignore the link above.

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
    its happening now and it’s always been like this.

[This message has been edited by PaPaya (edited 06-18-2007 @ 10:54 AM).]

posted 18 June 2007 10:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
    Yeah, I looked at that thanks. That helps when you have a scenario with a bad trigger that blocks the others, but my triggers DO work, just not in multi-player mode.
    I was thinking it was something related to the scenario settings, because when I run it in test mode, I only choose which player I will be and the computer sets the rest of it and the triggers work. The same is the case when it worked when I loaded it as a Campaign, I was going to be player 1 and the computer sets the rest of the player info and the triggers worked again. BUT when you are in multi-player mode, you have to set on the screen which players are going to be computer-controlled, what teams they are on, and humans join your Hosted game and they fit into slots.. When I make a scenario and choose Major gods for my players, in the multi player screen, it asks for gods for your extra cpu players anyway, so I'm thinking I did something wrong on the Scenario-Players screen. Should I set them to Human, CPU or Unavailable? And what about the AI settings? That part is a mystery to me and perhaps where my mistake is...

thanks for the help...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    posted 18 June 2007 03:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
    Some conditions and effects don't work properly online.

I think the Unit Transport effect is one that doesn't work at all.
    posted 18 June 2007 04:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
    Use Change Unit and change a Cinematic Block to a Titan.
    or Army Deploy, and Deploy a Titan in the middle of the map.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
    (is not as helluva drug as pepe)
    posted 19 June 2007 12:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
    I appreciate your help. I have made a single player scenario before, but I never realized how many triggers don't work when creating a multiplayer scenario.
    I tried creating a ghost army, then deploying the army in the middle of the screen and that doesn't work (works in single mode). Iknow army transport does not work. I tried creating the titan in the corner of the screen and assigning it an army, then deploying that army in the middle of the screen with no luck.. I created an army consisting of a single egyptian obelisk and used army change type - worked in test/single mode, not in multi-mode. The only way I have been able to create a unit was Unit Create, but then I cannot control the unit as desired since it did not exist from the beginning.
    I am coming from programming Age of Empires where you could move units only by source area and if you want player #/unit type...

I guess what I need is a list of what works in multiplayer mode and what doesn't if that even exists. If not, perhaps I can do the research as I get more experienced in Myth/Titan triggers and compile the list myself.

Thanks again for all your help....

posted 19 June 2007 01:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
    I tried creating a ghost army, then deploying the army in the middle of the screen and that doesn't work
    That does work online.
    Just not for computer players.
    So you have to deploy it as a player, then convert it.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
    (is not as helluva drug as pepe)
    posted 19 June 2007 03:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
    thanks for all of your help. I got it

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 01-13-2009 @ 02:21 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: