You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 96 97 98 99 100  Next Page »
posted 04 October 2007 11:46 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and Welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread purpose is only to place trigger request and discuss about them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use OmegasRage thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.
  2. How do I install a trigger?
    First of all, you need to have Age of Mythology installed. If you have that, then you are half away done. Now you will need to find your way to your AoM installation folder, and open the trigger folder or the trigger2 folder if you pretend to install the new trigger on The Titans (the expansion). With the notepad, open a file called, typetest.xml - at this point, you need to copy the trigger from this page and paste it there. If you requested a condition, then place it under or under if it was an effect you requested.

Notes:
    1. Please put the trigger at the end of each list so you can easly remove them and keep the integrity of the typetest file.
    2. When copying the trigger from someone, please click the edit image (), and only then copy the respective effect or condition.
    3. If this is your 1st trigger you're installing, please backup the original typetest file.

3. So.. How exactly are new triggers done?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can prase XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a serious of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, usefull triggers - but it does have some limitations...
  4. I want to learn triggers, how do I do that?
    It takes a quite some time, but if you really wish to learn triggers, I recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers, and for that you need to go here - Master XS. If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to do only simple triggers, read this guide.
  5. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. New triggers for TT v3 by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? Ok, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform. Please give atleast one example of use.

Remember that not all triggers are possible but I - and anyone who wants to help me -, will try our best.

Enjoy. .
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.

[This message has been edited by invent00r (edited 08-15-2008 @ 03:40 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 December 2008 05:53 AM EDT (US)     2426 / 2502  
I've set the XS Trigger Loop to 1 second, with the condition "Godpower Active" and a "Send chat" effect, but the trigger only fired once when testing it (I had invoked ragnorok like 15 times, and still nothing happened.).

EDIT: I have found a way to invoke Tremor at a unit thanks to invent00r!:

Trigger 1
Active [X] Loop [ ] Run Immediately [ ]

Condition: Godpower Active
Player 1, Ragnorok

Effect 1: Send Spoofed chat to player
From 0 to 1, Message: < color={playercolor(1)} >Shieldbash Power!< /color >
Effect 2: Grant Godpower
Player 0, Tremor
Effect 3: Unit Position to QV Vector
Source Unit: Murmillo Hero
Vector Name: V1
Effect 4: Quest Var Vector Copy
Vector Name: V2
From Vector: V1
Effect 5: Invoke Godpower at QV Vectors
Player 0, Tremor, V1, V2

Thanks again!

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 12-29-2008 @ 06:33 AM).]

posted 30 December 2008 06:51 AM EDT (US)     2427 / 2502  
What does the AI Func actually do and will it allow us to somehow run ai commands? Iam talking about the ones containing in the kb file.
AI Func: Tells the ai what to do, don’t worry if you don’t know how to use it, it involves AI commands than can be activated with triggers. Useless to us since we don’t know what those commands are or what they do.
trAIFunc( ): Makes the camera shake. (?)

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 12-30-2008 @ 06:53 AM).]

posted 30 December 2008 08:04 AM EDT (US)     2428 / 2502  
public void trAIFunc(long playerID, string functionName, float param): Fires a function in the current AI file.
It's to make triggers interact with an AI script. So user-made AI-functions can be called from triggers, but I doubt you can actually call the original AI-functions. Nonetheless, if you'd really want to, you could just wrap a function around it in your AI script:
aiEcho2(float number=0.0) {
aiEcho(""+number);
}
You can only provide a float param, and as far as I know you can't even get the returned value, so the possibilities are rather limited.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 12-30-2008 @ 08:07 AM).]

posted 30 December 2008 12:02 PM EDT (US)     2429 / 2502  
I know everybody keeps going on about how a patrol function wouldnt work, but if you used it like an army move, or unit move would it
for exmaple
Trigger- 1
condition: Always
Effect: Unit patrol*

* Heres what it does, first you select the units that you want moved *source units*
then you select 2 points on a map
point 1 & point 2
you could maybe have it so selecting point 1 is selecting the tigger effect of move to point, and when it gets there it goes to the second point another move to point
like at the end of point one it FIRES event point2
and at the end of point2 it FIRES event point1

But to have it all in one trigger
can it be done?

~Satansfall
posted 02 January 2009 12:45 PM EDT (US)     2430 / 2502  
Yes that is possible, but you might have a problem if you want them to attack, because a unit/army move will interrupt them if they find somthing to attack in between. Also if they turned around when they reached point 2 and headed to point 1, they might get distracted and never reach point 1 making the patroll loop stop. I suppose you could work around these problems perhaps by checking their current action and refreshing the move to point on an interval if they are not attacking at the moment..

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 02 January 2009 06:49 PM EDT (US)     2431 / 2502  
I'm sure there's a way to do this, but I can't get it just right... I tried asking in questions a couple weeks ago, but as usual I got no response. So I decided to try the always helpful trigger request thread.

I need to make relics spawn randomly on the map.

More precisely I'll have 15 or so relics spawn randomly, and have a player try to get one within the timelimit. Each round of this there will be less relics available.

So I need a trigger than creates the amount of a unit that I want randomly around the map. Then stops. I'll then kill all of that unit with a different trigger when the time comes to create more of the unit. Then I'll repeat the trigger with slightly less of that unit. (still spawning randomly across the whole map.) And I'm pretty sure that's it...

I bet I could do this with QVs but its so freaking complicated lol. I tried converting invisible targets, but that doesn't make it random (plus it takes forever). So I resorted to posting here. Thanks a bajillion for the help!
posted 03 January 2009 11:59 AM EDT (US)     2432 / 2502  
I might be able to put something together for you, Die. I don't particularly appreciate your attitude towards the questions thread, but I do understand your frustration. I'm sure if people KNEW how to answer it they would.

I created an effect that creates units in an area randomly placed where you could set the following:
Player #
Proto unit
# of units
center of the square
heading
spacing between units

the size of the square where units were placed was based on how many units you wanted and if you wanted them more spread out you increase the spacing. As it is now, you were only placing units and you would have no way of getting rid of them unless, say, they were the only of that prototype for that player # (then you could kill all of that protounit for that player I suppose). I could modify the effect so that you also choose an army (create a ghost army beforehand) and it will clear the army and add the randomly placed units to that army, then when you wanted to destroy the placed units, you just have to destroy the army.

posted 03 January 2009 01:36 PM EDT (US)     2433 / 2502  
I'm sure if people KNEW how to answer it they would.
Yeah, I figured that was the case, but not all of my questions have been that hard... I mean some I figured out the next day on my own. I've asked like... 10 questions too.

That sounds pretty good Elrich... Really all I'm going to use it for is this relic game, so they are all going to belong to gaia. I'll be able to kill them off easily enough I'm sure.
I could maybe modify relics to have a lifespan so they die automatically when they need to.

If it just did the following that'd be great:

Player #
Proto Unit
# of units
heading <- what's that even for anyway?

And make it 100% random. Maybe put in an option to set an area that it wont spawn in, so they aren't right next to a player's starting area. They all start in the same place, so just making an ability to select two separate units (gonna be cinematic blocks) and have the area between those units off limit would be perfect.
posted 03 January 2009 01:45 PM EDT (US)     2434 / 2502  
I have to go now, but not near an area is a bit tough. here is the trigger that creates the objects into an army of your choice.

<Effect name="EL Unit Create Square Multi">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Player#" varType="player">1</Param>
<Param name="ProtoName" dispName="ProtoName" varType="protounit">Anubite</Param>
<Param name="quantity" dispName="Quantity" varType="long">5</Param>
<Param name="center" dispName="Center" varType="area">0,0,00</Param>
<Param name="Heading" dispName="Heading" varType="long">0</Param>
<Param name="spacing" dispName="Spacing" VarType="player">1</Param>
<Param name="SrcArmy" dispName="$$22348$$Army" VarType="group">default</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("float1",xsVectorGetX(Vector(Înter%))-%quantity%*(%spacing%+1));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("float2",xsVectorGetX(Vector(Înter%))+%quantity%*(%spacing%+1));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("float3",xsVectorGetZ(Vector(Înter%))-%quantity%*(%spacing%+1));</Command>
<Command>while(trQuestVarGet("float2")>trQuestVarGet("float1")){</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("temp", trQuestVarGet("float3"), trQuestVarGet("float3")+2*(%quantity%*(%spacing%+1)), false);</Command>
<Command>if(0 >trQuestVarGet("float1")) trQuestVarSet("float1",0);</Command>
<Command>if(0 > trQuestVarGet("temp")) trQuestVarSet("temp",0);</Command>
<Command>trArmyDispatch("%SrcArmy%", "%ProtoName%", 1, trQuestVarGet("float1"),xsVectorGetZ(Vector(Înter%)),trQuestVarGet("temp"), %Heading%, false);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("float1", trQuestVarGet("float1") + (%spacing%+1)*2);}</Command>
</Effect>

once the units are created, you can use an army destroy to get rid of them all. If you run it more than once, the new objects will be added to the existing army (if you haven't destroyed it). Hope that is still useful.

posted 03 January 2009 01:58 PM EDT (US)     2435 / 2502  
The forum gremlins have gotten into your trigger, Elrich! I just changed the name of the center parameter so that the forum doesn't turn Î into a weird character.

<Effect name="EL Unit Create Square Multi">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Player#" varType="player">1</Param>
<Param name="ProtoName" dispName="ProtoName" varType="protounit">Anubite</Param>
<Param name="quantity" dispName="Quantity" varType="long">5</Param>
<Param name="zcenter" dispName="Center" varType="area">0,0,00</Param>
<Param name="Heading" dispName="Heading" varType="long">0</Param>
<Param name="spacing" dispName="Spacing" VarType="player">1</Param>
<Param name="SrcArmy" dispName="$$22348$$Army" VarType="group">default</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("float1",xsVectorGetX(Vector(%zcenter%))-%quantity%*(%spacing%+1));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("float2",xsVectorGetX(Vector(%zcenter%))+%quantity%*(%spacing%+1));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("float3",xsVectorGetZ(Vector(%zcenter%))-%quantity%*(%spacing%+1));</Command>
<Command>while(trQuestVarGet("float2")>trQuestVarGet("float1")){</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("temp", trQuestVarGet("float3"), trQuestVarGet("float3")+2*(%quantity%*(%spacing%+1)), false);</Command>
<Command>if(0 >trQuestVarGet("float1")) trQuestVarSet("float1",0);</Command>
<Command>if(0 > trQuestVarGet("temp")) trQuestVarSet("temp",0);</Command>
<Command>trArmyDispatch("%SrcArmy%", "%ProtoName%", 1, trQuestVarGet("float1"),xsVectorGetZ(Vector(%zcenter%)),trQuestVarGet("temp"), %Heading%, false);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("float1", trQuestVarGet("float1") + (%spacing%+1)*2);}</Command>
</Effect>
posted 03 January 2009 02:02 PM EDT (US)     2436 / 2502  
EDIT: Hailtotheoboe fixed it. Thanks.

It doesn't show up... I triple checked, and I don't see that I did anything wrong... can someone else try it and see if it works for them?

[This message has been edited by Die_Mortal (edited 01-03-2009 @ 02:49 PM).]

posted 04 January 2009 09:53 AM EDT (US)     2437 / 2502  
Worked for me, Die. I copied Hail's copy right into my XML file and it was fine.

@Hail: that's sad to see something get around the CODE bb tags

posted 04 January 2009 10:45 PM EDT (US)     2438 / 2502  
I have a kind of complicated trigger request O.o...

It would be something like "QV Damage Units in QV area by name" - which would damage units in the area of a given unit, for a variable damage, and variable radius. The reason I want this trigger is to have the player invoke a god power, lure for example, then it damages all the units for an amount of damage which the player can upgrade, in a certain area which the player can also upgrade, and it needs to be by name because its impossible to find out where the player will invoke the lure. :]

Hope someone can help! Thanks!
posted 05 January 2009 02:55 PM EDT (US)     2439 / 2502  
Maybe use Add in area to Army along with an Army Damage trigger? .

-invent00r

posted 05 January 2009 06:10 PM EDT (US)     2440 / 2502  
If I did that, it still wouldn't let me use a QV radius or QV damage amount, and it would still have to be by name/type. If theres a way to get around this without making a new trigger, I cant think of it. O_O
posted 05 January 2009 10:16 PM EDT (US)     2441 / 2502  
I'm pretty sure I've seen these two before but don't appear to have them :S

Effect
Army deploy at army: An army will be created as close to the other army as close as it possibly can.

Condition
Army distance to army: The condition will be met when one army is a predetermined distance from another army.

I am going to need these for online play, so (if it is not asking too much) it would help if they are already known to have been tested successfully online. Thanks

Released maps: Soccer Battle
Works in Progress: Monkey RPG(Not real name) - Storyline being planned
posted 06 January 2009 11:58 AM EDT (US)     2442 / 2502  
Fatty I requested those exact two triggs at the same time like a year ago or two XD, great minds think alike.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 06 January 2009 09:28 PM EDT (US)     2443 / 2502  
I guess those two typically come coupled together :P

Anyways, I've done some searching around and have found the triggers. No need post them again

Released maps: Soccer Battle
Works in Progress: Monkey RPG(Not real name) - Storyline being planned
posted 07 January 2009 05:27 PM EDT (US)     2444 / 2502  
Now I think this exists but I have no idea where to find it:

I want to make a fire mage, so how can i change the projectile for a Priest instead of the standard dark ball to a ball of fire?

Also, I have one that may be rediculously hard and I dont care if it can't be done but:

Something added to the game where you can rename units ingame:

For example, select the object(s) you want to rename and type /rename (desired name)

There are three things needed to win a war, money, money, and yet more money.
posted 07 January 2009 07:18 PM EDT (US)     2445 / 2502  
For mage use transform trigger to transform the projectile the unit throws into a fireball.

There is a way to change names of all protounits ingame, but it causes considerable lag (Or so I heard), but you must know the protounit ID, to find a protounit's ID use a trigger with the effect "ID Finder" or something similar, I forgot the name of the name changing trigger, but Im sure someone knows which one it is.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 08 January 2009 11:32 AM EDT (US)     2446 / 2502  
Actually - I made an ID list for names in my superpack. Look under the portraits section.

posted 08 January 2009 11:56 AM EDT (US)     2447 / 2502  
Note this is really Off-Topic.

@ invent00r,
I know this is going to sound random, but that's just how we women are. Anyway, I'd just like to say thanks for the 'Proactive Triggers'; I'd spent ages on my map, then out of the blue I hit a trigger bug.

I narrowed it down to the condition "Army distance to Army". Naturally, I was really annoyed; 1. Because it was used so many times and 2. Because in this case there was no alternate way to achieve the same thing (which there normally is). I remembered that you had done an "Army distance to Army" condition in your proactive pack and I thought to myself that's unlike invent00r to have a trigger bug. So I went for a hike into the "xProactive Triggers.xml" and renamed the "Army distance to Army" condition you had there to "Army distance to Army X", not really expecting it to do anything. However, when I checked, your condition was right underneath the bugged one.

If it wasn't for your condition I would have killed someone. Anyway, I thought I'd say thanks, not only to you but to all of the coders that help out here.
I think that your work is under-appreciated, as most people just ask for what they want to be made and skooch off once they have it. And without a second thought that if something goes wrong, it can break a scenario.

Thanks ~ Steak

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 01-08-2009 @ 12:02 PM).]

posted 08 January 2009 01:48 PM EDT (US)     2448 / 2502  
I've always felt my work under-appreciated, but I always did it so I could learn something new.. My attitude has changed now.. I've pretty much explored it all (well, to be fair only about 98%), so I will only in rare cases I'll make a new trigger.

Anyways, you're welcome Steak. .
-invent00r

posted 08 January 2009 03:44 PM EDT (US)     2449 / 2502  

I suppose it is probably because they are a bit advanced?

I mean many though not all my z triggers are a little advanced and confusing to use for most people and probably same with the y triggers. Yet like yours they have great potential.

posted 09 January 2009 02:20 PM EDT (US)     2450 / 2502  
Another trigger request if its possible -

QV send chat to player
Same as QV send chat, just to a single player.

Thanks =P

Edit: O.o I didn't know I was capable of this, but this should be the trigger (made it myself):
   <Effect name="QV Send Chat To Player">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="From Player" VarType="player">0</Param>
<Param name="ToPlayerID" dispName="To Player" varType="player">0</Param>
<Param name="Message" dispName="TextBefore" VarType="stringid">default</Param>
<Param name="QVName" dispName="Quest Var Name" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
<Param name="Message2" dispName="TextAfter" VarType="stringid">default</Param>
<Command>trChatSendToPlayer(%PlayerID%, %ToPlayerID%, "%Message%"+1*trQuestVarGet("%QVName%")+"%Message2%");</Command>
</Effect>
Here's another one I made, can get useful when you want to echo stat values:
   <Effect name="Send Chat with Stat Value">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="From Player" VarType="player">0</Param>
<Param name="Message" dispName="Text Before" VarType="stringid">default</Param>
<Param name="StatID" dispName="Stat Type" VarType="kbstat">0</Param>
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Fake Player" VarType="player">0</Param>
<Param name="Message2" dispName="Text After" VarType="stringid">default</Param>
<Command>trChatSend(%PlayerID%, "%Message% " + trGetStatValue(%PlayerID%, %StatID%) + "%Message2%");</Command>

[This message has been edited by mrjonathan0 (edited 01-10-2009 @ 01:24 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 96 97 98 99 100  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames