You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 01 February 2009 11:53 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use Azur's thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.

2. How do I install a trigger?
    When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AoM installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology by default). Now open the trigger folder if you intend to use the trigger in vanilla, or open the trigger2 folder if you use The Titans expansion. Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above < /Conditions>, if you requested an effect paste it right above < /Effects>. Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

1. When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.
    2. If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

3. How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

4. So... How exactly are new triggers made?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can parse XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a series of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, useful triggers.

5. Can I request anything?
    Although we can do a lot with today's knowledge, there are still limitation we won't ever get around. So if you think of a cool new trigger, make sure to post a request but don't forget you might get a negative reply. Commonly requested triggers that are not possible include (but are not limited to):

• Modify Unit: change the stats of 1 particular unit.
    • Change Playername
    • Change Major God
    • Transform ALL units on map for player
    • I'll add more when I think of them.

6. I want to learn trigger scripting, how do I do that?
    It takes quite some time, but if you really want to learn trigger coding, we recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers. Therefore, go here: Master XS (WIP). If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to create only simple triggers, read this guide.

7. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also linking camera tracks, using Run Immediately, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. Nottud's Latest Triggers by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. Target Protounit Query by HailToTheOboe

Miscellaneous:
  1. First TRT by invent00r
  2. Trigger Templates by Mephiles
  3. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform.
Example - Optional. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b] -
[b]Description[/b] -
[b]Example[/b] -

We might even ignore posts in other formats if we're in a bad mood
Remember that not all triggers are possible but we will try our best.

Unfinished Requests

• Unit Patrol by Bingo Little
  • Army Wander by Endarron
  • QV Damage Units in QV area by name by mrjonathan0
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit by dwieeb
  • Damage units in Area by % (has been done before?) by Steak And Khan
  • Most Units In Area by Sir_Hans
  • QV Modify x by satansfall
  • Move from area to random area by Mister SCP
  • Set Unit Formation by aZeusDude2
  • Army Deploy Random Myth Unit by bgan
  • QV Randomize Series by Alexgd92
  • Convert all except protounit (or unit) by Joshonator
  • SET Ambient Colour/Sun Colour/Sun Specular/Terrain Ambient Fade Version by andrewv42
  • Damage units near army by AJER
  • QV count units in area with state by AuroraP
  • QV Grant random resources per stat by AuroraP
  • Condition: Random Timer by SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy in line by SwordOfValor
  • Condition: unit (type/in area) worked on other unit. by WinstonShnozwick
  • Gruoup selected by Guard of Olympus
  • Pick Unit by XxXItachiXxX
  • Modify Protounit All Percent by AuroraP
  • Random Forest by Bubble

• Finished Requests

• Damage Units near protounit for sneaky_squirrel & mrjonathan0
  • Move units from area to unit for Azur
  • Clear Chat History of Player & Chat Contains Anything for Lewonas
  • QV Change unit type by ID for Yeebaagooon
  • Move to QV Unit for Yeebaagoon
  • QV Modify Protounit for Xzyiothe
  • Player Kill GP Slot for Titanic Kraken
  • Move all player units for Anstar
  • Protounit Change Name for Dimir_Guildmage
  • Shop start/end with max for Mephiles
  • Diplomacy trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Diplomacy both ways trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Modify protounit trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Convert trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Make all units have no bonuses for Brighty
  • Conditional Army Units in Area for Sneaky_Squirrel
  • GROUP Select 2 for AuroraP
  • Send QV Color Chat for Alexgd92
  • Quest Var xModify for Alexgd92
  • QV Randomize 4 amounts for Alexgd92
  • QV Set Population Count for Beelzebub
  • Units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • Damage units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • AG with armies for SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy QV Count for Silicone Ruff Jr
  • Quest Var set rank for gunner1
  • Convert units in area to random player for Zorx
  • Units Change Name By Type for beerad
  • Army deploy where the units facing for SwordOfValor
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit for Noble
  • Convert Random Units In Selection for xEXOLARx
  • QV Set Units in Area (Center Army) for SwordOfValor
  • Move Units from Area (action) for SwordOfValor

• Enjoy.
    Last updated: 03 september 2009

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
    Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 01-16-2010 @ 08:01 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 10 May 2009 07:54 AM EDT (US)     326 / 2506  
    Wait, there's already a trigger of "Unit on Sand"? O.o
    I'm confused.
    posted 10 May 2009 12:20 PM EDT (US)     327 / 2506  
    Thinking he's talking about Units in Area (or similar condition), with a bunch of Ors to trigger the effect you want to happen.

Not really reliable, but if you can't tell whether a unit is on terrain other than lush it'd be your only option. Might want to specify whether you need it online or offline, maybe invent00r or Mythic know of a offline solution.
    posted 10 May 2009 03:00 PM EDT (US)     328 / 2506  
    Lush is a special case of terrain, so there's no function in the game to find what kind of terrain a unit is standing on apart from lush.
    offline solution.
    You could mod the lush texture to look like sand, then just use Unit on Lush.
    posted 10 May 2009 06:32 PM EDT (US)     329 / 2506  
    ...... triggers still not working.... and there was no virus...yeebaa.... nottud.... u have any idea what is wrong

- all my advanced triggers stopped working after i put in a trigger from online.. i copied the code... i put it in.... restarted aom....... and i worked.... i put another one in....... and restarted aom...... and all my triggers stoped working....

Y ISNT IT WORKING........

i found out what is wrong.......
    <Effect name="Change Name For All Protounits">
    <Param name="Proto" dispName="$$22449$$ProtoUnit" varType="protounit">Villager</Param>
    <Param name="Plyr" dispName="$$22301$$Player" varType="long">1</Param>
    <Param name="NewName" dispName="New Name" varType="string">My New Name</Param>
    <Command>for(QID%Plyr%=-1;>0) {}</Command>
    <Command>QID%Plyr% = kbUnitQueryCreate2("Get_all_p%Plyr%_units", kbGetProtoUnitID("%Proto%"), -1, cUnitStateAliveOrBuilding, %Plyr%);</Command>
    <Command>for(count=0;>1) {} count = kbUnitQueryNumberResults(QID%Plyr%);</Command>
    <Command><![CDATA[for(i=0; < count) {]]></Command>
    <Command>for(UID=0;>1) {} UID = kbUnitQueryGetResult(QID%Plyr%, i);</Command>
    <Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
    <Command>trUnitSelectByID(UID);</Command>
    <Command>trUnitChangeName("%NewName%");</Command>
    <Command>}</Command>
    </Effect>
    ^^this trigger^^... screws everything up

[This message has been edited by VeX_Sino (edited 05-10-2009 @ 07:04 PM).]

posted 10 May 2009 07:26 PM EDT (US)     330 / 2506  
    Name:Change Name By Prototype
    Example:

Player:1
    Prototype:Archer Atlantean Hero
    Name:Longbowman

This way in maps with a lot of units like rpg's that u want to change the unit name of.... u can change the name of all the units... because most of the time when i do regular change name... when using the shift thing.. i always end up missing some units...

[This message has been edited by VeX_Sino (edited 05-10-2009 @ 07:27 PM).]

posted 10 May 2009 09:14 PM EDT (US)     331 / 2506  
    I think that one requires the trigger loader. Do you have an Activate Trigger Loader trigger in one of the scenario's first triggers? If not, you can take one of your first triggers (at the top of the Fire Event list), make a new trigger that does the same thing, and replace the old one with Activate Trigger Loader.

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 05-10-2009 @ 09:15 PM).]

posted 10 May 2009 11:11 PM EDT (US)     332 / 2506  
    VeX_Sino, your triggers will lock up when code malfunctions or you just do a big nono. Yours was a code malfunction. Incorrect syntax for triggers is the problem.

You don't need a new trigger, just use nottud's y search database triggers. Search for new arcus' on the map and change their names.

If you need me to elaborate, I will.
    posted 10 May 2009 11:37 PM EDT (US)     333 / 2506  
    The one he posted uses unit queries and works MUCH more efficiently and lag-free than nottud ysearch (this version can't find units like dust, but you can't select them so changing the name would be inane anyway).
    If adding the trigger loader into the beginning of your scenario fixes the problem, it is a much better way to do it.
    posted 11 May 2009 01:02 AM EDT (US)     334 / 2506  
    Who needs to name non selectable units anyway.
    posted 11 May 2009 04:55 PM EDT (US)     335 / 2506  
    me... lol
    posted 11 May 2009 05:17 PM EDT (US)     336 / 2506  
    me... lol
    Who else would

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
    posted 11 May 2009 09:15 PM EDT (US)     337 / 2506  
    Who needs to name non selectable units anyway
    um..... i want the units to be selectable..... what i mean is for all the arcus heros on the map have the name of Longbowman...

... lol
    posted 11 May 2009 09:19 PM EDT (US)     338 / 2506  
    Unless you have like over 300 in your map i isn't that hard to change the names by selecting them...

And if you want to change the name after they are created then you:
    just use nottud's y search database triggers. Search for new arcus' on the map and change their names.
    And if your having trouble selecting the arcus, make sure you click where it shows the health bar, not necessarily on the actual arcus.

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
    posted 11 May 2009 10:44 PM EDT (US)     339 / 2506  
    I mean the trigger that vex posted. It uses unit queries, which will find all your arcuses, but it can't find stuff like spy eye, dust, healing SFX, or Rock Granite Large. (ysearch triggers can find those)

But you don't need those units if you're just renaming, so you should stick with the unit queries, because they are a lot less laggy. The trigger should work fine if you activate trigger loader.
    posted 11 May 2009 10:47 PM EDT (US)     340 / 2506  
    you know .... i really don't get it... you guys will make completely useless triggers for other ppl... but triggers that will make life easier for lots of other ppl... u just wont make... lol

[This message has been edited by VeX_Sino (edited 05-11-2009 @ 10:47 PM).]

posted 11 May 2009 10:52 PM EDT (US)     341 / 2506  
    posted 11 May 2009 10:57 PM EDT (US)     342 / 2506  
    ohh... god, y cant u guys just make it easier for noobs like me... XD
    posted 12 May 2009 11:30 AM EDT (US)     343 / 2506  
    Name: Move from area to random area
    Description:Should move units that are in an area to a random area

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
    Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
    My trigger Pack
    posted 12 May 2009 04:12 PM EDT (US)     344 / 2506  
    By the way if my search unit triggers are lagging ensure the highest unit name IS the highest unit name! If it is not then it may lag horribly.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    posted 12 May 2009 05:10 PM EDT (US)     345 / 2506  
    Name - Player GP count (condition)
    Description - checks how many gps (Example: ragnarok) a player has as a condition. it would be like If player gp count = 0, then "insert effect here".
    Example -
    Player GP count
    Player = 1
    God Power = Rain
    Count = 0

I hope this hasn't been forgotten, I need this for my project.

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 05-12-2009 @ 05:13 PM).]

posted 12 May 2009 05:40 PM EDT (US)     346 / 2506  
    Is there any trigger to change Major god? like that in start of the scenario you play as zeus and then later on you play as gaia. I tried to Block the god powers from zeus then put a Set tech trigger at age 1 gaia. and also placed a Set civilization name trigger (made name to gaia) but then if you build like a town center it's still zeus towncenter still got zeus buildings so is there any trigger (got nottud's newest trigger pack to) to switch god from zeus to gaia without going to a new scenario map.
    posted 12 May 2009 08:01 PM EDT (US)     347 / 2506  
    no... i really want a trigger to change major god to... but it can not be made.....
    posted 13 May 2009 09:28 AM EDT (US)     348 / 2506  
    What about a trigger to suddenly play with other player? because with nottud's edit pack in test mode you can just click to controll other player so there should be a trigger to like first controll player 1 and then player 2 in single player. Then you can set player 1 as zeus and player 2 as gaia.

Edit: o and does anyone knows the tech number for Military barracks and counter barracks (from atlanteans)

Edit: Also any trigger to delete a waterfall? kill by name doesn't work and army destroy neither.

[This message has been edited by bgan (edited 05-14-2009 @ 01:16 AM).]

posted 14 May 2009 04:40 PM EDT (US)     349 / 2506  
    Name - Is Unit
    Description - Condition, Unit is prototype.
    Example -

Selected Unit...
    Prototype: Hero Greek Hippolyta

for the rpg that i am making... i have it so that u can pick your hero... and it would be easy for me to do the god powers thing if i had this trigger... like if this unit is... Hero Greek Hippolyta... it would give that player the god power that would go with that character.
    posted 14 May 2009 04:55 PM EDT (US)     350 / 2506  
    ehh you could also just use a unit in area condition for that like when you chooise your hero (with like an old man i guess) put it that if the old man walks to the area where that hero is to choose that you get that god power (with grand godpower effect offcourse) o and army distance to unit condition probably works even better then unit in area

and ppl plz react on my post above thx

[This message has been edited by bgan (edited 05-14-2009 @ 04:56 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames