You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 01 February 2009 11:53 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use Azur's thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.

2. How do I install a trigger?
    When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AoM installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology by default). Now open the trigger folder if you intend to use the trigger in vanilla, or open the trigger2 folder if you use The Titans expansion. Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above < /Conditions>, if you requested an effect paste it right above < /Effects>. Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

1. When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.
    2. If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

3. How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

4. So... How exactly are new triggers made?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can parse XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a series of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, useful triggers.

5. Can I request anything?
    Although we can do a lot with today's knowledge, there are still limitation we won't ever get around. So if you think of a cool new trigger, make sure to post a request but don't forget you might get a negative reply. Commonly requested triggers that are not possible include (but are not limited to):

• Modify Unit: change the stats of 1 particular unit.
    • Change Playername
    • Change Major God
    • Transform ALL units on map for player
    • I'll add more when I think of them.

6. I want to learn trigger scripting, how do I do that?
    It takes quite some time, but if you really want to learn trigger coding, we recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers. Therefore, go here: Master XS (WIP). If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to create only simple triggers, read this guide.

7. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also linking camera tracks, using Run Immediately, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. Nottud's Latest Triggers by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. Target Protounit Query by HailToTheOboe

Miscellaneous:
  1. First TRT by invent00r
  2. Trigger Templates by Mephiles
  3. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform.
Example - Optional. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b] -
[b]Description[/b] -
[b]Example[/b] -

We might even ignore posts in other formats if we're in a bad mood
Remember that not all triggers are possible but we will try our best.

Unfinished Requests

• Unit Patrol by Bingo Little
  • Army Wander by Endarron
  • QV Damage Units in QV area by name by mrjonathan0
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit by dwieeb
  • Damage units in Area by % (has been done before?) by Steak And Khan
  • Most Units In Area by Sir_Hans
  • QV Modify x by satansfall
  • Move from area to random area by Mister SCP
  • Set Unit Formation by aZeusDude2
  • Army Deploy Random Myth Unit by bgan
  • QV Randomize Series by Alexgd92
  • Convert all except protounit (or unit) by Joshonator
  • SET Ambient Colour/Sun Colour/Sun Specular/Terrain Ambient Fade Version by andrewv42
  • Damage units near army by AJER
  • QV count units in area with state by AuroraP
  • QV Grant random resources per stat by AuroraP
  • Condition: Random Timer by SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy in line by SwordOfValor
  • Condition: unit (type/in area) worked on other unit. by WinstonShnozwick
  • Gruoup selected by Guard of Olympus
  • Pick Unit by XxXItachiXxX
  • Modify Protounit All Percent by AuroraP
  • Random Forest by Bubble

• Finished Requests

• Damage Units near protounit for sneaky_squirrel & mrjonathan0
  • Move units from area to unit for Azur
  • Clear Chat History of Player & Chat Contains Anything for Lewonas
  • QV Change unit type by ID for Yeebaagooon
  • Move to QV Unit for Yeebaagoon
  • QV Modify Protounit for Xzyiothe
  • Player Kill GP Slot for Titanic Kraken
  • Move all player units for Anstar
  • Protounit Change Name for Dimir_Guildmage
  • Shop start/end with max for Mephiles
  • Diplomacy trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Diplomacy both ways trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Modify protounit trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Convert trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Make all units have no bonuses for Brighty
  • Conditional Army Units in Area for Sneaky_Squirrel
  • GROUP Select 2 for AuroraP
  • Send QV Color Chat for Alexgd92
  • Quest Var xModify for Alexgd92
  • QV Randomize 4 amounts for Alexgd92
  • QV Set Population Count for Beelzebub
  • Units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • Damage units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • AG with armies for SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy QV Count for Silicone Ruff Jr
  • Quest Var set rank for gunner1
  • Convert units in area to random player for Zorx
  • Units Change Name By Type for beerad
  • Army deploy where the units facing for SwordOfValor
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit for Noble
  • Convert Random Units In Selection for xEXOLARx
  • QV Set Units in Area (Center Army) for SwordOfValor
  • Move Units from Area (action) for SwordOfValor

• Enjoy.
    Last updated: 03 september 2009

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
    Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 01-16-2010 @ 08:01 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 04 June 2009 01:41 PM EDT (US)     426 / 2506  
    Phoenix there is already an effect that changes the name of a unit. Look for "Change Name" if you have the Expansion of AoM. Otherwise i do not believe you can.

If you have the expansion, other than possibly with some complex search function, you can't change a name upon training a unit from a building. Though you could use the Effect "Army Deploy" to create units for a player, then use "Army Change Name" to change the name of the units you deployed.

--- Darkness Comes... Will you be waiting? ---
    Latest Project: ~ Pinnacle ~ • My Maps: Click Me!
    Current Projects: A Knight's Tale, FORTRESS, The Rising Campaign
    - Age of Darkness, Reign of Darkness Campaign, The Adventures of Sullivan Thayer (Part I)
    Soaring Eagle Studios
    posted 04 June 2009 03:41 PM EDT (US)     427 / 2506  
    use the Effect "Change Name in Area (Center Unit)"(pftq's triggerpack needs to be installed).

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
    Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
    My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 06-04-2009 @ 03:41 PM).]

posted 04 June 2009 07:58 PM EDT (US)     428 / 2506  
    Name- Transform ALL unit for player
    Description- It's basically the transform trigger but for a specific player.

Example of how I'll use it- I'll make one players projectiles ice, another's fire, and another's bolt.

And if it already available let me know.
    posted 04 June 2009 08:10 PM EDT (US)     429 / 2506  
    Name- Transform ALL unit for player
    Isn't possible right now, we'd all love that. Use y search triggers (Actually I forgot if you can check if it's a certain player but probably.)
    posted 05 June 2009 09:42 AM EDT (US)     430 / 2506  
    it`ll be never aviable :*(

btw how does you guys found out abut so much ui functions like
    {playerName(1)}
    . I also want find such ui functions for AOE3 but I ve no clue where to find files which including the codes (or are this AI-files?)...

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 06-05-2009 @ 12:46 PM).]

posted 05 June 2009 01:25 PM EDT (US)     431 / 2506  
    The closest for transform for player with normal transform I got was a transform if the projectile belongs to a certain player to one unit or if another player to another unit, etc. It works as long as two players don't attack at the same time!

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    posted 07 June 2009 10:40 AM EDT (US)     432 / 2506  
    Hey I downloaded the trigger loader and tried to use the damage units near protounit but it cause trigger lock :P can someone explain to me how to use it?

[This message has been edited by Zorx (edited 06-07-2009 @ 10:44 AM).]

posted 07 June 2009 11:15 AM EDT (US)     433 / 2506  
    Name - Damage units near army.
    Description - An effect which works like the damage units in area but instead of selecting a unit for the damage to be done around, it damages units near a selected army.

Thanks a ton if you can make this.
    posted 08 June 2009 09:17 AM EDT (US)     434 / 2506  
    Hey, i've just joined the site, cause i was searching for an answer on my question:
    'How can i change the size of units, i've seen that it can in some maps i've downloaded?'
    And my other question:
    'How can i turn things, not only like this | But that you can turn it like this \ or /. I mean that a tower can be turned clockwise if you stand in front of it, you know what i mean?
    I'm sorry if you don't get the clue, english isn't my mother language.
    posted 08 June 2009 09:39 AM EDT (US)     435 / 2506  
    I don't think you should post your question in the trigger request thread, but anyway the answer is placing the unit and than press K anf it will grow. Shift K makes it smaller. i didn't really understund your second question but if you mean rotate the building it's a trigger calld unit heading that you can use.
    posted 08 June 2009 01:21 PM EDT (US)     436 / 2506  
    i'm sorry for the second question, icame after it at my own, after trying somethings, but thanks for the answer on my first.
    posted 08 June 2009 01:56 PM EDT (US)     437 / 2506  
    Name - QV count units in area with state
    Description - Counts the units in area in a certain state, maybe an example would be nice. Example:
    The effect counts the units in e.g. dead state in a range 5 area. It then adds the number of the units to a varable: e.g. enemy units killed.
    PARAGRAPHS:
    Search for unit type:
    State: Dead/Alive

Also would this be possible to count the units in dead state only once?
    This would be simply awesome.

If you read my showcase, my map is using aoe, and I reached aoe using damage units in area. It has a small flaw; if the damage units in area effect kills some units, it does not count as a kill to the player who executed the "skill". But if I would use this effect, then when the units die, and they are a certain range around the unit who executed the skill, then this effect would count the units in that range and add the number counted to the enemy units killed cost variable.

Name - QV Grant random resources per stat
    Description -
    It would work similarly as qv grant resources per stat, just with another paragraph.Paragraphs:

Paragraphs
    Stat type:
    Player:
    Player to give resource to:
    QV:

2 examples:

Stat type: Enemy Units Killed
    Player: 1
    Player to give resource to: 1
    QV: someQV

Stat type: Units Lost Cost
    Player: 2
    Player to give resource to: 1
    QV: someQV

If you read my showcase, my map is using aoe, and I reached aoe using damage units in area. It has a small flaw; if the damage units in area effect kills some units, it does not count as a kill to the player who executed the "skill". But if I would use this effect, then when the units die, and they are a certain range around the unit who executed the skill, then this effect would count the units in that range and add the number counted to the enemy units killed cost variable.

Oh and I need this because I want to make a very basic inventory system. One where when you kill a unit you get one of the basic resources: gold/food/wood.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 06-11-2009 @ 02:40 PM).]

posted 09 June 2009 02:25 AM EDT (US)     438 / 2506  
    Can someone possibly make this one? It doesn't really have that much ingame use, but it would be very helpful to use testing things.

Type - Trigger Effect

Name - Send QV Color Chat

Description - The trigger be the same as Send Chat, except it will change the color of the chat based on three QVs. One QV for Red, one for Green, and one for Blue, similar to the color codes available in the game.

Example Appearance
    Text: (Enter Text Here)
    Player: (Dropdown List)
    Red: (Enter QV Here)
    Green: (Enter QV Here)
    Blue: (Enter QV Here)

Twould be helpful when experimenting for different combinations of watercolors, playercolors, basic text colors, etc. So that i could possibly make a setup map of sorts where its possible to enter values between 1-255 & the map then sets it as a QV. And then i would be able to test the colors of such within the game - as outside resources are not always accurate.

- Age of Darkness, Reign of Darkness Campaign, The Adventures of Sullivan Thayer (Part I)
    Soaring Eagle Studios
    posted 09 June 2009 12:00 PM EDT (US)     439 / 2506  
     <Effect name="QV Color">
    <Param name="Text" dispName="$$22311$$Tech" VarType="string">Nice Color</Param>
    <Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" VarType="player">1</Param>
    <Param name="QV1" dispName="R" varType="string">QV1</Param>
    <Param name="QV2" dispName="G" varType="string">QV2</Param>
    <Param name="QV3" dispName="B" varType="string">QV3</Param>
    <Command>float a=trQuestVarGet("%QV1%"); float b=trQuestVarGet("%QV2%"); float c=trQuestVarGet("%QV3%");</Command>
    <Command>a=a/255;b=b/255;c=c/255;</Command>
    <Command><![CDATA[trChatSend(1, "<color="+a+","+b+","+c+">%Text%");]]></Command>
    </Effect>

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 06-09-2009 @ 12:01 PM).]

posted 09 June 2009 05:09 PM EDT (US)     440 / 2506  
    W00T thanks dude! This shall be amazing!. =D Yes double punctuation

Soaring Eagle Studios
    posted 10 June 2009 02:01 AM EDT (US)     441 / 2506  
    Condition= Random Timer.
    Something like fire event random event.You have a bunch of slots you can put times in and it randomly picks a time to fire.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 10 June 2009 10:41 AM EDT (US)     442 / 2506  
    please read here.
    I've a problem because in my game (I've TT expansion) there isn't the trigger "QV modify", probably because of I've the Italian version of the game. I've tried to download this, but i think it don't run in TT.
    Can someone post the code of this trigger?Thanks
    posted 10 June 2009 11:30 AM EDT (US)     443 / 2506  
       <Effect name="$$23958$$Quest Var Modify">
    <Param name="QVName" dispName="$$23952$$Var Name" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
    <Param name="Oper" dispName="$$23955$$Operator" VarType="string">+</Param>
    <Param name="Value" dispName="$$23859$$Value" VarType="float">0</Param>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("%QVName%", trQuestVarGet("%QVName%") %Oper% %Value%);</Command>
    </Effect>

My trigger Pack
    posted 11 June 2009 08:06 AM EDT (US)     444 / 2506  
    @Mister SCP| Ok, thank you very much, but where must I copy the code?
    posted 11 June 2009 08:48 AM EDT (US)     445 / 2506  
    The main post should answer this question

My trigger Pack
    posted 11 June 2009 10:50 AM EDT (US)     446 / 2506  
    @M$ain SPC| Ok thanks!
    posted 11 June 2009 05:37 PM EDT (US)     447 / 2506  
    Hello,

My request is a new god power, I am looking for a Flaming Heart(you don't have to change the icon) god power, or in other words a flaming weapons that increases your Health points instead of your attack!

Now I don't know if its possible to manipulate God powers but all you would need to do is take the flaming weapons god power and change it to increase the health points, then just save it and change the description, basically tweaking and then saving a new god power...

The next problem is the fact that I need everybody to have the god power so if possibly make the god power attach it self to the map, so when a person gets the map that the god power is attached to, they will basically be downloading it!

AKA WRP_CABA

-LLAMAS ROCK-
    if only they had a llama smiley!!!

[This message has been edited by king_thoma18 (edited 06-11-2009 @ 05:40 PM).]

posted 11 June 2009 06:19 PM EDT (US)     448 / 2506  
    @ king_thoma18

This forum would be more appropriate for that.

If you don't want a mod (sure sounds like you do though) you wouldn't even need a new trigger. Just use one of the godpower conditions and modify protounit
    posted 11 June 2009 09:51 PM EDT (US)     449 / 2506  
    Thank you, I had never thought to look there!!!

-LLAMAS ROCK-
    if only they had a llama smiley!!!
    posted 13 June 2009 04:37 AM EDT (US)     450 / 2506  
    Im making a map which requires 12 players (10 players + 2 computers)

anyway the p11 and p12 are not in the playerlist of my triggers... So well I asked in the question thread and was suggested to ask here, is there any way you can make me triggers / change current triggers or sumthing to contain p11 and p12?

I em quite a noob at triggering so ye im not so sure about whats managable xD
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames