You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 01 February 2009 11:53 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use Azur's thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.

2. How do I install a trigger?
    When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AoM installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology by default). Now open the trigger folder if you intend to use the trigger in vanilla, or open the trigger2 folder if you use The Titans expansion. Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above < /Conditions>, if you requested an effect paste it right above < /Effects>. Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

1. When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.
    2. If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

3. How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

4. So... How exactly are new triggers made?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can parse XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a series of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, useful triggers.

5. Can I request anything?
    Although we can do a lot with today's knowledge, there are still limitation we won't ever get around. So if you think of a cool new trigger, make sure to post a request but don't forget you might get a negative reply. Commonly requested triggers that are not possible include (but are not limited to):

• Modify Unit: change the stats of 1 particular unit.
    • Change Playername
    • Change Major God
    • Transform ALL units on map for player
    • I'll add more when I think of them.

6. I want to learn trigger scripting, how do I do that?
    It takes quite some time, but if you really want to learn trigger coding, we recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers. Therefore, go here: Master XS (WIP). If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to create only simple triggers, read this guide.

7. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also linking camera tracks, using Run Immediately, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. Nottud's Latest Triggers by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. Target Protounit Query by HailToTheOboe

Miscellaneous:
  1. First TRT by invent00r
  2. Trigger Templates by Mephiles
  3. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform.
Example - Optional. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b] -
[b]Description[/b] -
[b]Example[/b] -

We might even ignore posts in other formats if we're in a bad mood
Remember that not all triggers are possible but we will try our best.

Unfinished Requests

• Unit Patrol by Bingo Little
  • Army Wander by Endarron
  • QV Damage Units in QV area by name by mrjonathan0
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit by dwieeb
  • Damage units in Area by % (has been done before?) by Steak And Khan
  • Most Units In Area by Sir_Hans
  • QV Modify x by satansfall
  • Move from area to random area by Mister SCP
  • Set Unit Formation by aZeusDude2
  • Army Deploy Random Myth Unit by bgan
  • QV Randomize Series by Alexgd92
  • Convert all except protounit (or unit) by Joshonator
  • SET Ambient Colour/Sun Colour/Sun Specular/Terrain Ambient Fade Version by andrewv42
  • Damage units near army by AJER
  • QV count units in area with state by AuroraP
  • QV Grant random resources per stat by AuroraP
  • Condition: Random Timer by SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy in line by SwordOfValor
  • Condition: unit (type/in area) worked on other unit. by WinstonShnozwick
  • Gruoup selected by Guard of Olympus
  • Pick Unit by XxXItachiXxX
  • Modify Protounit All Percent by AuroraP
  • Random Forest by Bubble

• Finished Requests

• Damage Units near protounit for sneaky_squirrel & mrjonathan0
  • Move units from area to unit for Azur
  • Clear Chat History of Player & Chat Contains Anything for Lewonas
  • QV Change unit type by ID for Yeebaagooon
  • Move to QV Unit for Yeebaagoon
  • QV Modify Protounit for Xzyiothe
  • Player Kill GP Slot for Titanic Kraken
  • Move all player units for Anstar
  • Protounit Change Name for Dimir_Guildmage
  • Shop start/end with max for Mephiles
  • Diplomacy trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Diplomacy both ways trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Modify protounit trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Convert trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Make all units have no bonuses for Brighty
  • Conditional Army Units in Area for Sneaky_Squirrel
  • GROUP Select 2 for AuroraP
  • Send QV Color Chat for Alexgd92
  • Quest Var xModify for Alexgd92
  • QV Randomize 4 amounts for Alexgd92
  • QV Set Population Count for Beelzebub
  • Units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • Damage units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • AG with armies for SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy QV Count for Silicone Ruff Jr
  • Quest Var set rank for gunner1
  • Convert units in area to random player for Zorx
  • Units Change Name By Type for beerad
  • Army deploy where the units facing for SwordOfValor
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit for Noble
  • Convert Random Units In Selection for xEXOLARx
  • QV Set Units in Area (Center Army) for SwordOfValor
  • Move Units from Area (action) for SwordOfValor

• Enjoy.
    Last updated: 03 september 2009

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
    Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 01-16-2010 @ 08:01 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 13 February 2009 02:58 PM EDT (US)     51 / 2506  
    @Lewonas
    <Condition name="Chat Contains Anything">
    <Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22444$$From Player" VarType="long">1</Param>
    <Command>bool bVar99 = false;</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = (trChatHistoryContains("a", %PlayerID%));</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = (bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("b", %PlayerID%));</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("c", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("d", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("e", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("f", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("g", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("h", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("i", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("j", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("k", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("l", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("m", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("n", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("o", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("p", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("q", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("r", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("s", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("t", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("u", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("v", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("w", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("x", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("y", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("z", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains(",", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains(";", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains(":", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("=", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("?", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains(".", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("/", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("+", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("-", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("*", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("(", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains(")", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("[", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("]", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("{", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("}", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("0", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("1", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("2", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("3", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("4", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("5", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("6", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("7", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("8", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("9", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>bVar99 = bVar99 || trChatHistoryContains("^", %PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Expression>bVar99</Expression>
    </Condition>

<Effect name="Clear Chat History For Player">
    <Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Player" varType="long">0</Param>
    <Command>if(cMyID == %PlayerID%) trChatHistoryClear();</Command>
    </Effect>
    The effect requires the trigger loader too.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
    posted 13 February 2009 03:20 PM EDT (US)     52 / 2506  
    OMG Mythic_Freak!

I told you how to do that trigger and you don't even credit?..
    -invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
    Paused: AI (%4.247)
    Os segredos săo de quem os souber guardar.
    posted 13 February 2009 04:14 PM EDT (US)     53 / 2506  
    Listen to you two quarrel

little do you know that it is I that impart my all-knowing omniscient knowledge* upon the both of you through mind control every night when you are both asleep so that you can answer these questions....

* quoted from the department of redundancy department

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    posted 13 February 2009 04:15 PM EDT (US)     54 / 2506  
    meh! slow server causing double post...

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 02-13-2009 @ 04:17 PM).]

posted 13 February 2009 05:56 PM EDT (US)     55 / 2506  
    I told you how to do that trigger and you don't even credit?..
    You made a little guess to fix the bug and it worked, no big deal.

posted 16 February 2009 07:15 AM EDT (US)     56 / 2506  
    I have been redoing my shop triggers as I am now more comfortable with kb queries. However the triggers fail to run! The trouble is I cannot see any syntax errors. Don't worry too much about the purpose but if the start and end triggers were put together in a trigger they do not work. What I want to know is what is wrong with the syntax or logic of these two triggers.

EDIT:I can't post them here the forum corrupts them.

Here is my trigtemp. With the two triggers with a grant god power in the middle. What is wrong?
    //========================================================== ====================
    // TEST TRIGGER SCRIPT
    //========================================================== ====================

void main(void)
    {
    }

rule _Trigger_268
    highFrequency
    active
    {
    bool bVar0 = ((trTime()-cActivationTime) >= 1);

bool tempExp = (bVar0);
    if (tempExp)
    {
    if(kbGetUnitBaseTypeID(kbGetBlockID("0")) != -1){
    for(id = 0; > 1){}
    for(count = 0; > 1){}
    for(counterz = 0; > 1){}
    for(player = 0; > 1){}
    xsSetContextPlayer(0);
    kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap();
    for(player = 1; <= 1){
    trQuestVarSet("i", player);
    id = kbUnitQueryCreate("shop"+player);
    kbUnitQuerySetPlayerID(id, player);
    kbUnitQuerySetState(id, 2);
    kbUnitQuerySetPosition(id, kbGetBlockPosition("0"));
    kbUnitQuerySetMaximumDistance(id, 10.0);
    kbUnitQuerySetUnitType(id, 801);
    kbUnitQuerySetAscendingSort(id, true);
    count = kbUnitQueryExecute(id);
    for(counterz = 0; < count){
    if(trPlayerResourceCount(player, "Gold") >= 10){
    trPlayerGrantResources(player, "Gold", -10);
    trTechGodPower(trQuestVarGet("i"), "bolt", 1);
    if("Power Purchased" != "")trChatSendSpoofedToPlayer(1*trQuestVarGet("i"), 1*trQuestVarGet("i"), "Power Purchased");
    }
    }
    kbUnitQueryDestroy(id);
    }
    }
    xsDisableRule("_Trigger_268");
    trEcho("Trigger disabling rule Trigger_268");
    trDelayedRuleActivation("_Trigger_268");
    }
    }

rule _Trigger_269
    minInterval 4
    active
    runImmediately
    {
    bool bVar0 = (true);

bool tempExp = (bVar0);
    if (tempExp)
    {
    trChatSend(1, "Triggers are working!");
    xsDisableRule("_Trigger_269");
    trEcho("Trigger disabling rule Trigger_269");
    }
    }

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 02-16-2009 @ 07:17 AM).]

posted 16 February 2009 07:16 AM EDT (US)     57 / 2506  
    The no big deal made the whole trigger work. For what's worth, I made it.

And I say good luck to you Elrich! I'd like to see you emerge as the third\second best trigger maker on AoM. . (And I'm just kidding for those that don't quite understand.)

@ nottud
    Welcome to ES obscure variable naming bugs. You can't name a variable player.

Fixing this is just a quick and simple rename of that variable to anything else.
    You code looks very nice. But you don't need these lines:
          for(counterz = 0; > 1){}
    for(player = 0; > 1){}
    -invent00r

[This message has been edited by invent00r (edited 02-16-2009 @ 07:28 AM).]

posted 16 February 2009 07:35 AM EDT (US)     58 / 2506  
    Thanks - it was really bugging me because I could see nothing wrong with the script. Thank you and I will try what you said!

EDIT: THANK YOU SO MUCH! It works now. Thank godness you knew about this glitch already, I would have been completely stuck without your help with something as trivial as that!

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 02-16-2009 @ 07:39 AM).]

posted 16 February 2009 08:35 AM EDT (US)     59 / 2506  
    Quoted from nottud:
    I would have been completely stuck without your help with something as trivial as that!
    Yes. No problem. I'm actually afraid of doing namings like that. res inside function headers also fails. And I know I've experienced more bugs like this. I bet Elrich also didn't know about this. .

Anyways, this is exactly the sentence M_F could say to me, but he does not .
    -invent00r

posted 16 February 2009 08:46 AM EDT (US)     60 / 2506  
    We all have our areas. You and Mythic_Freak are obviously the experts in the coding area. I just know enough coding generally to do what I want!

You two should write some random map script games. AOM could do with some more rather than just normal random maps. I kinda feel alone in that area at the moment and have been for a long time. The only other really good one that has any form of activity yet is M0nty_Python but he hasn't made a script for a while because of the vadhall thingy.

P.s. I am making another mythodea! I am hoping to incorporate some of my latest triggers into it too so things will hopefully be interesting. I might attempt to add things like those unit towers and pahaps some attach triggers. Pahaps one of those cowrises I made in that other map. We shall hopefully see. I am just currently thinking whever to make the arena in the middle become one of a random terrain. I just need to measure the amount of lag created to run the algorithm to do it!

EDIT:Wow it actually takes 7 triggers to do it but the lag is not too bad. I wish there was a paint terrain command that does not cover the entire map that works online - it would be so much simpler.

EDIT2:I made the arena have two randomly mixed together using clipboard rotation although the results can be horrible! It often looks like a noob has editted the map and made a right mess of it! I am wondering whever to stick to a single terrain.

EDIT3:I have decided I am sticking to the terrain but I am using the beautify trigger to create a random terrain out of 3 around the water edge. If you have different water types joining - you can beautify the whole lot with a water of your choice depending on which one you beautify from. It needs to be a sea however for it to actually change the terrain.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 02-16-2009 @ 10:24 AM).]

posted 16 February 2009 11:11 AM EDT (US)     61 / 2506  
    Anyways, this is exactly the sentence M_F could say to me, but he does not.
    I would've found a way, if it took me 100 years. (I'd probably end up using my manual bool-to-int converter.) I don't even care who made that trigger, it's of no importance to me either. I made it because no-one else did. If you want credits, just pick a random trigger of the list.
    You two should write some random map script games. AOM could do with some more rather than just normal random maps. I kinda feel alone in that area at the moment and have been for a long time. The only other really good one that has any form of activity yet is M0nty_Python but he hasn't made a script for a while because of the vadhall thingy.
    I've tried RMS scripting, and I'm good enough at it to make a map once I have a good idea. Only those good ideas never come to my mind... I usually just pick scenarios that already exist and try to make them better. And invent00r can't deal with the randomness , even I prefer codes I can fully control.

P.S.:
    int kbUnitQueryCreate2(string qname, int unitType, int action, int statea, int playera, vector center, bool sort, float radiusa): Creates and executes a unit query with the following results and returns the query ID.
    The simple answer to any straightforward query. (Trigger Loader.)

posted 16 February 2009 12:09 PM EDT (US)     62 / 2506  
    Quoted from Mythic_Freak:
    I would've found a way, if it took me 100 years. (I'd probably end up using my manual bool-to-int converter.) I don't even care who made that trigger, it's of no importance to me either. I made it because no-one else did. If you want credits, just pick a random trigger of the list.
    He thanked. You didn't.

Complicated much?

Edit: @ nottud
    I don't do RM because I've seen M_F attempts at it. AI gave me enough frustration already. And has he said, I don't really like randomness..

It's bound to lead to imbalances and random map screws.
    -invent00r

[This message has been edited by invent00r (edited 02-16-2009 @ 12:14 PM).]

posted 16 February 2009 05:52 PM EDT (US)     63 / 2506  
    I don;t use trigger loader in my scripts. One reason is it makes it harder to transfer to random maps because it would be wasteful to use the full trigger loader as I would hardly use any of it and have a massive long script to browse through as a result. I might try and do a conversion of it that will be compatible with my random maps. Then I might be encouraged to use it. Also I would have to learn all the commands. Eeeeek! One day I might get round to it after all my other tasks including possibly a trigger guide for my triggers which one of you suggested earlier.

Oh and by the way, these vars you can't use - are they all the input type vars? :

•"long": An input box for numbers. Output example: -1.
    •"float": An input box for numbers that allows decimal points. Output example: -1.0.
    •"string": An input box for any type of text (not just numbers). Output example: default.
    •"stringid": Seems to be the same as string, but it may have internal differences. Output example: default.
    •"bool": A button that can be pressed in or sticking out. Output examples: true or false.
    •"unit": A "select unit" style button. Output example: 5 (unit name).
    •"group": Army selection tools. Output example: 1,11 (player 1, army 11).
    •"area": A "select area" style button. Output example: 0, 0, 0.
    •"sound": Select sound style tools. Output example: music_file","1 (where 1 is volume level).
    •"camerainfo": A set of "Cut to Scene" style buttons. Returns 4 vectors (pos, dir, up, right) that exactly define the current camera position.
    •"camtrack": A drop down list of camera tracks. Output example: My_Camera_Track
    •"operator": A drop down list of operators. Two sets are available: (==, >=, >, <, <=) and (+, -, *, /).
    •"player": A drop down list of player numbers. Does not contain player 11 and 12. Output example: 1
    •"tech": A drop down list of technologies. Output example: 123 (see technology constants).
    •"protounit": A drop down list of different unit types. Output example: Villager Greek (proto name).
    •"alliance": A drop down list of diplomacies Output examples: Ally or Neutral or Enemy.
    •"kbstat": A drop down list of statistics. Output example: 0 (statistic ID)
    •"godpower": A drop down list of god powers. Output example: Reverse Time.
    •"resource": A drop down list of resources. Output examples: food or wood or gold or favor.
    •"event": A drop down list of triggers. Output example: Trigger0.
    •"techstatus": A drop down list of possible technology statuses. Output example: 1 (see technology status constants).
    •"unitstance": A drop down list of unit stances. Output examples: Aggressive, Defensive, Passive.
    •"uicategory": A drop down list of UI categories. Output example: 1 (category ID)
    •"pufield": A drop down list of modifiable unit fields. Output example: 2 (field ID)

The above was quoted from your reference file.
    static void trWaypointAddPoint(vector a)
    Adds the waypoint into the trigger selection system.
    static void trWaypointAddUnit(string unitScenarioName)
    Adds the unit's position as a waypoint in the trigger selection system.
    static void trWaypointClear()
    Clears the waypoints in the trigger selection system
    What do these commands do and what do you use them for?

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 02-16-2009 @ 05:58 PM).]

posted 16 February 2009 06:53 PM EDT (US)     64 / 2506  
    Oh and by the way, these vars you can't use - are they all the input type vars?
    Those were all the ones I could find in the trigger file of ES, so they work but I can't guarantee that the list is complete. They might have left out some in the final release.
    static void trWaypointAddPoint(vector a)
    Adds the waypoint into the trigger selection system.
    static void trWaypointAddUnit(string unitScenarioName)
    Adds the unit's position as a waypoint in the trigger selection system.
    static void trWaypointClear()
    Clears the waypoints in the trigger selection system
    Hmmm... I never used those before. Can't really imagine what they could do either. There's a path system for AI, but that's totally independent from triggers. Camera tracks are done with console commands.
    I don;t use trigger loader in my scripts. One reason is it makes it harder to transfer to random maps because it would be wasteful to use the full trigger loader as I would hardly use any of it and have a massive long script to browse through as a result. I might try and do a conversion of it that will be compatible with my random maps. Then I might be encouraged to use it.
    Hmmm, I was working on that too once, an "RMS Loader", basically with the same functions as the trigger loader (except the trigger specific ones) and some RM extras (like a command to create a default area, 1 to setup the basic initiation of the map etc.). I never continued it for some reason...
    Also I would have to learn all the commands. Eeeeek! One day I might get round to it after all my other tasks including possibly a trigger guide for my triggers which one of you suggested earlier.
    That's why I included the reference file. It's just a bunch of often-used commands thrown together in effect so you won't have to copy a big chunk of code every time.

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 02-16-2009 @ 06:54 PM).]

posted 17 February 2009 11:59 AM EDT (US)     65 / 2506  
    The following trigger already exists:
    QV Set Units in Area (Center Unit)

It sets a var to the number of a certain unit a player has.

I need the code ASAP please.

*Looks in DL Section*

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 02-17-2009 @ 12:00 PM).]

posted 17 February 2009 12:13 PM EDT (US)     66 / 2506  
    <Effect name="QV Set Units in Area (Center Unit)">
    <Param name="Object" dispName="Center Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="FromPlayer" dispName="Player (99 for ALL)" varType="string">99</Param>
    <Param name="UnitId" dispName="Unit Type ID (Optional)" varType="string">-1</Param>
    <Param name="unitstate" dispName="State ID (2=Alive, 255=Any, 4=Dead...)" varType="string">2</Param>
    <Param name="actionid" dispName="Action ID (Optional)" varType="string">-1</Param>
    <Param name="Dst" dispName="Radius" varType="string">10</Param>
    <Param name="QVName" dispName="QV" varType="string">QV1</Param>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("convarea", 0);</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("ffweho",0);</Command>
    <Command>if(%FromPlayer%!=99) trQuestVarSet("vroom", %FromPlayer%);</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("%QVName%", 0);</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("zeep", 0);</Command>
    <Command>if(%UnitId%>=0) {</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("zeep", %UnitId%);</Command>
    <Command>}</Command>
    <Command>if(0>%UnitId%) {</Command>
    <Command>while(kbGetUnitTypeName(trQuestVarGet("zeep"))!="All") {</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("zeep", trQuestVarGet("zeep")+1);</Command>
    <Command>}}</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("lastpl", xsGetContextPlayer());</Command>
    <Command>if(%FromPlayer%!=99) trQuestVarSet("blarg",%FromPlayer%);</Command>
    <Command>if(%FromPlayer%==99) {</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("blarg",0);</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("vroom",12);</Command>
    <Command>}</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("i",trQuestVarGet("blarg"));</Command>
    <Command>while(trQuestVarGet("vroom")>=trQuestVarGet("i")) {</Command>
    <Command>xsSetContextPlayer(trQuestVarGet("i"));</Command>
    <Command>kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap();</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("convarea", kbUnitQueryCreate("convarea"));</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetPlayerID(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), trQuestVarGet("i"));</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetUnitType(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), trQuestVarGet("zeep"));</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetState(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), 1*%unitstate%);</Command>
    <Command>if(¬tionid%!=-1) kbUnitQuerySetActionType(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), 1*¬tionid%);</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetPosition(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), kbGetBlockPosition(""+1*%Object%));</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetMaximumDistance(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), %Dst%);</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetAscendingSort(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), true);</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQueryResetResults(trQuestVarGet("convarea"));</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("%QVName%", trQuestVarGet("%QVName%")+kbUnitQueryExecute(trQuestVarGet("convarea")));</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("i", trQuestVarGet("i")+1);}</Command>
    <Command>xsSetContextPlayer(trQuestVarGet("lastpl"));</Command>
    </Effect>

posted 17 February 2009 12:18 PM EDT (US)     67 / 2506  
    It didn't appear in my trigger list.

And to pester again would a QV Change unit type by ID be possible?

Where the unit ID selected to change is a quest var?

(That should be all...)

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 02-17-2009 @ 12:41 PM).]

posted 17 February 2009 12:38 PM EDT (US)     68 / 2506  
    <Effect name="Change Unit Type By QV ID">
    <Param name="QVID" dispName="UnitID QV" varType="string">QV1</Param>
    <Param name="ProtoUnit" dispName="$$22449$$ProtoUnit" varType="protounit">Villager</Param>
    <Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
    <Command>trUnitSelectByID(trQuestVarGet("%QVID%"));</Command>
    <Command>trUnitChangeProtoUnit("%ProtoUnit%");</Command>
    </Effect>
    I didn't test it, but there can't go wrong much...

posted 17 February 2009 03:14 PM EDT (US)     69 / 2506  
    Thanks, the above trigger is fine.

However the trigger in post 66 does not work, not only because of the symbol but it also causes a trigger block. I want a quest var to be set as the number of a certain unit a player has.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 02-17-2009 @ 03:19 PM).]

posted 17 February 2009 03:50 PM EDT (US)     70 / 2506  
    The forum converted % actionid % to ¬tionid% (without the spaces of course).

posted 17 February 2009 03:50 PM EDT (US)     71 / 2506  
    posted 17 February 2009 07:22 PM EDT (US)     72 / 2506  
    Conditional Army Units in Area
    I don't seem to have the Army Units in Area condition anywhere in my files... If you (or anyone) could post the code I'll quickly convert it to a condition.
    Awww shucks, I guess my map will have to wait for a few months then.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 17 February 2009 10:23 PM EDT (US)     73 / 2506  
    Name - Conditional Army Units in Area
    Description - A conditional version of Units in Area of army, basically seeing if there are any units near an army instead of a unit or point.
    Conditional Units in Area, but with an army (one unit) instead of center unit? I think I could do that.
    posted 18 February 2009 02:59 AM EDT (US)     74 / 2506  
    Ah didn't know to add a % before ;p. Thanks very much, everything works now and these will be invaluable for my holiday.

posted 18 February 2009 02:33 PM EDT (US)     75 / 2506  
    And I say good luck to you Elrich! I'd like to see you emerge as the third\second best trigger maker on AoM.
    I'm much too modest to directly take the credit for my genius. I think I'll let Hail keep that title right now
    I bet Elrich also didn't know about this.
    No, I don't, but perhaps the one that gives ME ideas at night when I sleep does...

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 02-18-2009 @ 02:34 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames