You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 01 February 2009 11:53 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use Azur's thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.

2. How do I install a trigger?
    When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AoM installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology by default). Now open the trigger folder if you intend to use the trigger in vanilla, or open the trigger2 folder if you use The Titans expansion. Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above < /Conditions>, if you requested an effect paste it right above < /Effects>. Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

1. When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.
    2. If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

3. How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

4. So... How exactly are new triggers made?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can parse XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a series of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, useful triggers.

5. Can I request anything?
    Although we can do a lot with today's knowledge, there are still limitation we won't ever get around. So if you think of a cool new trigger, make sure to post a request but don't forget you might get a negative reply. Commonly requested triggers that are not possible include (but are not limited to):

• Modify Unit: change the stats of 1 particular unit.
    • Change Playername
    • Change Major God
    • Transform ALL units on map for player
    • I'll add more when I think of them.

6. I want to learn trigger scripting, how do I do that?
    It takes quite some time, but if you really want to learn trigger coding, we recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers. Therefore, go here: Master XS (WIP). If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to create only simple triggers, read this guide.

7. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also linking camera tracks, using Run Immediately, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. Nottud's Latest Triggers by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. Target Protounit Query by HailToTheOboe

Miscellaneous:
  1. First TRT by invent00r
  2. Trigger Templates by Mephiles
  3. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform.
Example - Optional. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b] -
[b]Description[/b] -
[b]Example[/b] -

We might even ignore posts in other formats if we're in a bad mood
Remember that not all triggers are possible but we will try our best.

Unfinished Requests

• Unit Patrol by Bingo Little
  • Army Wander by Endarron
  • QV Damage Units in QV area by name by mrjonathan0
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit by dwieeb
  • Damage units in Area by % (has been done before?) by Steak And Khan
  • Most Units In Area by Sir_Hans
  • QV Modify x by satansfall
  • Move from area to random area by Mister SCP
  • Set Unit Formation by aZeusDude2
  • Army Deploy Random Myth Unit by bgan
  • QV Randomize Series by Alexgd92
  • Convert all except protounit (or unit) by Joshonator
  • SET Ambient Colour/Sun Colour/Sun Specular/Terrain Ambient Fade Version by andrewv42
  • Damage units near army by AJER
  • QV count units in area with state by AuroraP
  • QV Grant random resources per stat by AuroraP
  • Condition: Random Timer by SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy in line by SwordOfValor
  • Condition: unit (type/in area) worked on other unit. by WinstonShnozwick
  • Gruoup selected by Guard of Olympus
  • Pick Unit by XxXItachiXxX
  • Modify Protounit All Percent by AuroraP
  • Random Forest by Bubble

• Finished Requests

• Damage Units near protounit for sneaky_squirrel & mrjonathan0
  • Move units from area to unit for Azur
  • Clear Chat History of Player & Chat Contains Anything for Lewonas
  • QV Change unit type by ID for Yeebaagooon
  • Move to QV Unit for Yeebaagoon
  • QV Modify Protounit for Xzyiothe
  • Player Kill GP Slot for Titanic Kraken
  • Move all player units for Anstar
  • Protounit Change Name for Dimir_Guildmage
  • Shop start/end with max for Mephiles
  • Diplomacy trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Diplomacy both ways trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Modify protounit trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Convert trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Make all units have no bonuses for Brighty
  • Conditional Army Units in Area for Sneaky_Squirrel
  • GROUP Select 2 for AuroraP
  • Send QV Color Chat for Alexgd92
  • Quest Var xModify for Alexgd92
  • QV Randomize 4 amounts for Alexgd92
  • QV Set Population Count for Beelzebub
  • Units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • Damage units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • AG with armies for SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy QV Count for Silicone Ruff Jr
  • Quest Var set rank for gunner1
  • Convert units in area to random player for Zorx
  • Units Change Name By Type for beerad
  • Army deploy where the units facing for SwordOfValor
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit for Noble
  • Convert Random Units In Selection for xEXOLARx
  • QV Set Units in Area (Center Army) for SwordOfValor
  • Move Units from Area (action) for SwordOfValor

• Enjoy.
    Last updated: 03 september 2009

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
    Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 01-16-2010 @ 08:01 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 17 August 2009 12:34 PM EDT (US)     676 / 2506  
    Oops, forgot one, I want to be able to use a bunch of triggers to cause a unit to not be able to regenerate its life. This would only be for units that self regenerate their own life. I tried damage, but the time jumps around when the unit does different things. So i want a surefire way to stop a unit from regenerating. Also, hail, the timer ms proactive horribly messed with me. It acually counts the time from the very start of the map. Not from when the trigger is fired. So I used the default timer ms instead and it did let me do decimals of a second.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    posted 17 August 2009 01:06 PM EDT (US)     677 / 2506  
    For regenerating units, I think the only real way is to cancel it out by doing damage, but that means you need to get the rate perfect.

For Odin, it's 0.8hp/s idle and 0.08hp/s otherwise.

For campaign heroes, I think it is constant speed, but I'm not entirely sure. You can probably test it out using pftq's QV Set Current HP and QV echo on a 1 second loop.

For Timer MS Proactive... damn I think you are right, and I hadn't noticed that before. However, Timer MS isn't going to work very well either - it uses the trigger start time rounded to the nearest second, which is not a whole lot of use when you are comparing milliseconsd.

I'll look into Timer MS proactive, but I don't want to believe invent00r was wrong 11

I took a quick look at the convert units from all players thing, and I found pftq has a trigger, Change/Convert Units in Area, I recommend looking at that and see if it does what you want.

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 08-17-2009 @ 01:13 PM).]

posted 17 August 2009 01:09 PM EDT (US)     678 / 2506  
    The change all untis on the map using search trigegrs only picks up those on creation - ones already on the map are unaffected.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    posted 17 August 2009 04:29 PM EDT (US)     679 / 2506  
    Name - Modify Protounit all percent
    Description - Same as Modify Protounit all, just that instead of entering the exact amount you want for a value to increase or decrease, you insert percentage.

Example -
    Modify Protounit all percent
    Player-1
    Value- Hitpoints
    Percent- 50
    So that means that all of player1's units hp increases by half of the original hp.
    It would be awesome if someone could make this.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 08-17-2009 @ 04:32 PM).]

posted 17 August 2009 04:41 PM EDT (US)     680 / 2506  
    I second that one aroura, really would help.

Hey hail, i think i might got something for stopping regeneration. Not sure if you can make these, but it would do it.

Name:Record Value into QV
    Type: Effect
    Description: This would be an effect. I can select a unit, select a type of stat, like hp, attack , so on. Then i can type in the name of a quest var, and it basically sets a quest var with the number of the chosen stat of the chosen unit for that information.

Also, to continue. .

Name: Modify unit to quest var
    Description: I can choose a unit, choose a type of stat, like hp or attack, and i can type in the name of a quest var. Then it would take the value of the current quest var i typed in and set the selected units selected stat to that number.

It seems like these would be very tough to do, In my opinion, but if they could be made , then so many things could be done. I would definately use these.

Side note, also, could you try to do auroras? I would like to use that too.

Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 08-17-2009 @ 05:32 PM).]

posted 17 August 2009 06:52 PM EDT (US)     681 / 2506  
    No modify protounit in vanilla, sorry, I wouldn't be able to playtest it
    Name:Record Value into QV
    Description: This would be an effect. I can select a unit, select a type of stat, like hp, attack , so on. Then i can type in the name of a quest var, and it basically sets a quest var with the number of the chosen stat of the chosen unit for that information.
    QV Set current HP is already a trigger, made by pftq (in his advanced triggers). It finds the current HP of a unit, and sets the QV. I believe there is also one for max HP, and % health.
    The other stats, I don't think you can do. If you could arbitrarily modify attack, max hp, armor, etc, there would be no need for motify prodounit.
    Name: Modify unit to quest var
    Description: I can choose a unit, choose a type of stat, like hp or attack, and i can type in the name of a quest var. Then it would take the value of the current quest var i typed in and set the selected units selected stat to that number.
    Again, there is a trigger to set a unit's HP at a certain value, but it is single player only, but it would be doable for multiplayer using a little math and Damage Unit. Find the unit's current HP, subtract the target HP, and damage the difference.

How will that help stop regeneration, and how will that be better than damaging it on the right timer?

edit: I tested Timer ms proactive. The first one counts from the beginning of the game, but if it's looping all subsequent ones are fine. hmm

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 08-17-2009 @ 07:34 PM).]

posted 17 August 2009 08:31 PM EDT (US)     682 / 2506  
    Thought if i put those on looping, then it would find what ever the units current hp is and then turn it to that, but it would be so fast , it wouldnt give time for letting it regenerate, but i now see, that that also wouldnt let it be hurt.

But never mind, ill try to find a way.
    Also, about the modify unit, if there were quest vars put in for va nilla, then why couldnt you just copy and past the command for modify unit? Then you could have it.

And, if the default timer ms doesnt acually count decimals and rounds, then could you modify timer ms proactive or make the condition so it acually counts in decimals of seconds?

Could I have a change name protounit to name all units of a certain protounit?

And also I recall seeing these, but i forgot where they are. Two triggers effects, one to make a building build a unit, and one to make a building research a technology.

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 08-17-2009 @ 09:20 PM).]

posted 17 August 2009 09:10 PM EDT (US)     683 / 2506  
    HailToTheOboe: I cannot find the file typeLoaderX.xml? Please assist.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 18 August 2009 00:03 AM EDT (US)     684 / 2506  
    @Winston:
    I went back in time and fulfilled your request
    It's in post 598 of this thread, page 12 for me.

Don't if these were default triggers or not, but they were sitting in my typetest.xml
       <Effect name="Unit Research Tech">
    <Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" varType="player">0</Param>
    <Param name="TechID" dispName="$$22311$$Tech" varType="tech">0</Param>
    <Param name="SrcObject" dispName="$$22421$$Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
    <Command>researchByID(%TechID%,kbGetBlockID("%SrcObject%"),%PlayerID%);</Command>
    </Effect>
       <Effect name="$$22411$$Unit Build Building">
    <Param name="SrcObject" dispName="$$22295$$Source Units" varType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="ProtoUnit" dispName="$$22412$$ProtoUnit To Build" VarType="protounit">default</Param>
    <Param name="DstPoint" dispName="$$22413$$Build Location" varType="area">0</Param>
    <Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
    <Command loop="" loopParm="SrcObject">trUnitSelect("%SrcObject%");</Command>
    <Command>trUnitBuildUnit("%ProtoUnit%", vector(%DstPoint%));</Command>
    </Effect>

@Kai:
    You've downloaded this http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7609 but you can't find typeLoaderX.xml inside it? It is definitely in there when I dl it, so that is odd.
    posted 18 August 2009 02:22 PM EDT (US)     685 / 2506  
    Thanks oboe, and so wondering, would you be able to fix the timer ms proactive so it doesnt take time from the start of the game, but it will acurately measure in decimals of seconds?

posted 18 August 2009 09:28 PM EDT (US)     686 / 2506  
    Here is an older one made by angryz0r. It's more accurate than Timer MS, but slower (lagwise) than Timer MS Proactive, but it gets the time right on the first cycle.

<Condition name="Timer ms Accurate">
    <Param name="Timeout" dispName="$$22293$$Milliseconds" VarType="long">0</Param>
    <Param name="Qv" dispName="QV" VarType="string">moo</Param>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("Accurate_Timer_QV%Qv%_DidFirstPass") == 0) {</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("Accurate_Timer_QV%Qv%_CompTime", trTimeMS());</Command>
    <Command>for(Accurate_Timer_QV%Qv%_IsTrue=0;>2) {}</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("Accurate_Timer_QV%Qv%_DidFirstPass", 1);</Command>
    <Command>}</Command>
    <Command>if((trTimeMS() - trQuestVarGet("Accurate_Timer_QV%Qv%_CompTime")) >= %Timeout%) {</Command>
    <Command>for(Accurate_Timer_QV%Qv%_IsTrue=1;>2) {}</Command>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("Accurate_Timer_QV%Qv%_DidFirstPass", 0);}</Command>
    <Expression>Accurate_Timer_QV%Qv%_IsTrue == 1</Expression>
    </Condition>

If you are using many many high frequency loops, use timer ms proactive, and link it to a separate timer trigger for the first time to work. If it's only a few triggers it's no big deal to use timer ms accurate.
    posted 19 August 2009 01:11 PM EDT (US)     687 / 2506  
    edit:
    nvm im good

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 08-19-2009 @ 02:33 PM).]

posted 20 August 2009 06:05 PM EDT (US)     688 / 2506  
    Hey hail or anyone who knows where these are, could you show me to where there is an extensive explination and guide on how to use the CIRCLE EFFECTS triggers? And also please, where are the place showing how to do hotkeys with triggers by nottud?

posted 20 August 2009 06:18 PM EDT (US)     689 / 2506  
    There's only one thread about circle triggers, and one demo in the download section.

No real extensive guide because the basis behind them is very simple. I think the most challenging part is downloading the trigger loader
    posted 20 August 2009 08:19 PM EDT (US)     690 / 2506  
    Hey, i know that this ones available ive seen it before. I need, uiselect unit effect. I want it so i can make the player select a unit through a trigger.

posted 20 August 2009 08:27 PM EDT (US)     691 / 2506  
    theres select unit type in nottuds new super pack.

Anyway I have a problem.

When I use Elrichs convert trigger in my map it works fine when all the players are alive but when they die it starts to stuff up.

I did a fire event loop where the bosses effect to cause chaos by converting 4 random units to pl 7. But if 1 or more players have died (got killed then changed into a hero- still ingame) and then it converts them randomly, the game freezes.

Is there a way to fix the effect or to make a simple set of triggers to avoid the effect to convert units that have died?

My Upcoming website!
    The Black Hand RPG - Revived
    Join my Facebook Group :P
    Nazi Zombie Verukkt sound files
    Mess With The BesT DiE LiKe ThE ReST
    Argh!! It's EXOLAR not xEXOLARx get it right!!

[This message has been edited by xEXOLARx (edited 08-20-2009 @ 09:13 PM).]

posted 20 August 2009 08:31 PM EDT (US)     692 / 2506  
    From invent00r's Proactive triggers with a slight mod by me.

<Effect name="UI Select Unit">
    <Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" varType="long">0</Param>
    <Param name="Obj" dispName="$$19160$$Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
    <Command>for(FP=0;>1){}</Command>
    <Command>FP=trCurrentPlayer();</Command>
    <Command>trPlayerSetActive(%PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>trUnitSelect("%Obj%");</Command>
    <Command>for(err=0;>1){} for(id=0;>1){} id = kbGetUnitBaseTypeID(kbGetBlockID("%Obj%")); </Command>
    <Command>if(trUnitIsOwnedBy(%PlayerID%)){if(trUnitAlive()){</Command>
    <Command>while(trUnitIsSelected()!=true) {err++; </Command>
    <Command>uiFindType(kbGetProtoUnitName(id));</Command>
    <Command>if(err>200) {break;}}}}</Command>
    <Command>trPlayerSetActive(FP);</Command>
    </Effect>
    posted 20 August 2009 10:52 PM EDT (US)     693 / 2506  
    Could someone send me to where a full list of xs effects are? And how to make a hotkey system with triggers by nottud or someone else. I really need these two things, they are very important.

posted 21 August 2009 04:27 AM EDT (US)     694 / 2506  
    Thanks Elrich thats one I've needed for ages
    posted 21 August 2009 07:56 AM EDT (US)     695 / 2506  
    http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=25885&st=1993#post1994
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7883

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
    posted 21 August 2009 08:47 AM EDT (US)     696 / 2506  
    posted 21 August 2009 12:22 PM EDT (US)     697 / 2506  
    Would A disable Group effect be possible? (trigger group)
    I dont want to type out the names of 200 triggers....
    posted 21 August 2009 12:26 PM EDT (US)     698 / 2506  
    Mythic, did you see my post about Math_atan?
    Yes, good job! I'll update soon when I find some time.

posted 21 August 2009 01:32 PM EDT (US)     699 / 2506  
    Nice work you have been doing Oboe. Btw, Timer MS Proactive latest version works for the first cycle:
       <Condition name="Timer ms Proactive">
    <Param name="Timer" dispName="$$22293$$Milliseconds" VarType="long">250</Param>
    <Command>static int myTimer = -1;</Command>
    <Command>if(trTimeMS() > (myTimer + %Timer%))</Command>
    <Command> myTimer = trTimeMS();</Command>
    <Expression>myTimer == trTimeMS()</Expression>
    </Condition>
    -invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
    Paused: AI (%4.247)
    Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
    posted 21 August 2009 02:01 PM EDT (US)     700 / 2506  
    does that timer ms you made work if you fire event to another trigger and then it starts counting? or does it count the time from the beginning of the game like my problem with it was.

and ahh no , you misunderstood. I want to find where a list of XS effects and conditons are. Like xs create at unit, and xs teleport to unit. I want those so i can use them.

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 08-21-2009 @ 02:05 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames