Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Heroines 3: Winter Solstice
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 07 September 2009 05:23 PM EDT (US)   

Heroines 3: Winter Solstice has been released!
Make sure you scroll through all parts of the showcase below, or view the entire showcase in RAW.

Enlarge screenshot
Previous | Next!

One | Two | Three
Archaeopterix
Shrink

[This message has been edited by Arch and Shrink (edited 10-10-2009 @ 06:34 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08 September 2009 01:24 PM EDT (US)     26 / 84  
Not to rain on anybody's parade, but all we have seen so far is one screen that shows nothing and some text (less that most other announcements). This scenario could still be **** for all we know Although I do have complete faith in these two

Edit: I dont have a problem with the text and screens btw, I just worded that badly.

DeviantArt | Me | Liquid Fire

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

[This message has been edited by Inazuma (edited 09-08-2009 @ 06:51 PM).]

posted 08 September 2009 06:15 PM EDT (US)     27 / 84  
Glad to see you back in designing guys! Well, I don't like using cinematic rocks, they are smaller at one side than the other.

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
~My Heavens~
AoMH
SpH
DoFH
Also, I am here.
posted 08 September 2009 06:26 PM EDT (US)     28 / 84  
But at least they're completely the same grey colour, Thor hammers have like blue and red mix of taints, it is ugly for buildings

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
posted 09 September 2009 09:39 AM EDT (US)     29 / 84  

Enlarge screenshot
Previous | Next

(More on Heroines 1 and Heroines 2: The Survival)

One | Two | Three
Archaeopterix
Shrink

[This message has been edited by Arch and Shrink (edited 09-11-2009 @ 09:08 AM).]

posted 09 September 2009 11:16 AM EDT (US)     30 / 84  
O.o very nice and interesting thing there. I like the idea of the 5th player... But what will they be? (scary horror music in background)
posted 09 September 2009 11:43 AM EDT (US)     31 / 84  
Great. But if this is more like an RPG, will it still use any of the gameplay concepts in 1 and 2?

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 09 September 2009 05:14 PM EDT (US)     32 / 84  
Ah,clears some things up. Although I'm a tad confused...I guess the 4 players are agiainst each other? Or are there teams of 2 and 2? And I'm guessing the fifth player is a common enemy...
I guess only time will tell, although I originally thought this was single player 0.0 Nice, cool post. Thanks for that little spoiler, small as it was!

My heavens:

DoFH
AoMH

"Imageshack is the tool of satan. Never use it under any circumstances."~Yeebaagooon
Visit my first hosted competition at DoFH
[img]http://elpea.net/hg/upload/upload/1242700941dofh3.jpg[/img]
posted 09 September 2009 05:44 PM EDT (US)     33 / 84  
I guess the 4 players are agiainst each other? Or are there teams of 2 and 2?
Either way works, just as in the other two Heroines scenarios

posted 09 September 2009 07:13 PM EDT (US)     34 / 84  
Any chance you'd let me playtest as soon as possible ;p.

How much progress do you have?

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 10 September 2009 06:10 PM EDT (US)     35 / 84  
Great. But if this is more like an RPG, will it still use any of the gameplay concepts in 1 and 2?
Yes, though much more distant than Heroines 2 was from Heroines 1, Heroines 3 will still be recognisably part of the Heroines series.
I originally thought this was single player
Heroines 3 is a single player scenario as well as a multiplayer scenario. We called the original Heroines an "omniplayer scenario" for the same reason, although frankly the A.I. players get a bit repetitive there. Thanks to custom effects, Heroines 3 will contain much better AI - to play against computers, against humans, or a mixture of the two.
How much progress do you have?
Actually, all we have is this showcase...
posted 10 September 2009 07:01 PM EDT (US)     36 / 84  
The titan and the fifth player.

Vimpmeat + Heroines?
posted 10 September 2009 07:02 PM EDT (US)     37 / 84  
How do you explain the screenshot then ;p.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 11 September 2009 09:04 AM EDT (US)     38 / 84  
Well they're easy to mock up!

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 09-11-2009 @ 09:06 AM).]

posted 11 September 2009 09:07 AM EDT (US)     39 / 84  

Previous | Next

One | Two | Three
Archaeopterix
Shrink

[This message has been edited by Arch and Shrink (edited 09-13-2009 @ 01:00 PM).]

posted 11 September 2009 11:24 AM EDT (US)     40 / 84  
Atalanta's power looks very interesting. Did you get that effect by transforming spy?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 11 September 2009 11:43 AM EDT (US)     41 / 84  
Nope, we just army deploy to unit and it produces quite a lovely effect.

An original spell we had for Circe (which I will relate just cos it was very fancy and involved all manner of custom triggering) was the bolt god power which, instead of causing any damage, actually slowed down any enemy it struck quite significantly for 10 (or however many) seconds.
Eventually it stopped working as the scenario got bigger with more things happening because the triggers were not quick enough recognising when the bolt object existed on the map. It's a bit of a shame, but Frost works exceptionally well for Circe so it's cool.

posted 11 September 2009 02:51 PM EDT (US)     42 / 84  
Eventually it stopped working as the scenario got bigger with more things happening because the triggers were not quick enough recognising when the bolt object existed on the map. It's a bit of a shame, but Frost works exceptionally well for Circe so it's cool.
Shame the spell looked so nice...

Anyway the game seems awesome. If you need a playtester, count on me.
posted 11 September 2009 03:23 PM EDT (US)     43 / 84  
Shame, that sounds very cool.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 11 September 2009 05:02 PM EDT (US)     44 / 84  
I knew it...you already started the map ;p.

Can't wait to see it when its near fruition...or right now, whenever you feel its right.

posted 12 September 2009 02:09 PM EDT (US)     45 / 84  
What made you guys decide to take this game in a different direction?

MEPH

posted 12 September 2009 02:37 PM EDT (US)     46 / 84  
When playing the original Heroines, which contains a lot of sneaking around, stealth, scouting, ambushing, we thought "Hmm, it might be cool if it contained more large-scale battles", so we decided to make the map more open and add reinforcements (along with other new elements, of course). This became Heroines 2: The Survival, which takes place many years after the original one, in the same but now dried up landscape.

When playing Heroines 2: The Survival, which indeed included many large-scale battles, we thought "Hmm, it might be cool if it was more like an RPG, with a only a handful of units". We also liked the prospect of the many unique features that would be possible given only a handful of units and that would make the gameplay more 'personal'. This has become Heroines 3: Winter Solstice.

Together the three parts pretty much cover the scale from RTS to RPG.
posted 12 September 2009 02:40 PM EDT (US)     47 / 84  
Indeed. And I'm sure this won't be the average RPG either.

MEPH

posted 12 September 2009 03:06 PM EDT (US)     48 / 84  
This scenario will change Age Of Mythology forever....
posted 12 September 2009 03:44 PM EDT (US)     49 / 84  
well thats a bit of an overstatement...
posted 12 September 2009 03:57 PM EDT (US)     50 / 84  
I think he's being sarcastic...

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Heroines 3: Winter Solstice
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames