Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Heroines 3: Winter Solstice
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 07 September 2009 05:23 PM EDT (US)   

Heroines 3: Winter Solstice has been released!
Make sure you scroll through all parts of the showcase below, or view the entire showcase in RAW.

Enlarge screenshot
Previous | Next!

One | Two | Three
Archaeopterix
Shrink

[This message has been edited by Arch and Shrink (edited 10-10-2009 @ 06:34 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12 September 2009 04:06 PM EDT (US)     51 / 84  
Circe's power only seems useful if Hippolyta is there to heal the group. Frost gives an insane armour boost..

Atalanta's power looks the funnest and most interesting.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 12 September 2009 04:42 PM EDT (US)     52 / 84  
Circe's power is useful for stopping enemies short for getting to crucial locations before you, to buy vital time to bring in your reinforcements if you're outnumbered, to teach enemies not to keep all their units so close to each other that they can be all frozen for 45 seconds, to stop enemies running away, etc..

Personally I see it more as a tight tactical game than rpg, insofar as it is heavily combat based with strong bonuses which support highly planned tactical engagements and retreats

(next part of the showcase comes tomorrow)

posted 12 September 2009 04:55 PM EDT (US)     53 / 84  
This is such a clever way to showcase, revealing a bit of tantalising information at atime.

So nobody has a clue whether you're only 10% or close to 99% . Excellent tactics.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 13 September 2009 12:59 PM EDT (US)     54 / 84  

Previous | Next

One | Two | Three
Archaeopterix
Shrink

[This message has been edited by Arch and Shrink (edited 09-15-2009 @ 10:24 AM).]

posted 13 September 2009 02:21 PM EDT (US)     55 / 84  
Nice, we also get heroes, but do we get soldiers besides the heroes?

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 14 September 2009 01:51 AM EDT (US)     56 / 84  
You'd like to think we get soldiers,

Great map guys, I'm really looking forward to it.
posted 14 September 2009 09:04 AM EDT (US)     57 / 84  
You don't get soldiers, at least not in the manner you are thinking.

If anybody would like to help playtest this scenario, please approach me on MSN where my address is mudo14@gmail.com
My ESO name is The_Shrink

posted 14 September 2009 10:17 AM EDT (US)     58 / 84  
lostrozzacavalli
scacchisti@hotmail.it

I want become a playtester.

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 15 September 2009 10:23 AM EDT (US)     59 / 84  

Previous | Next

One | Two | Three
Archaeopterix
Shrink
posted 15 September 2009 11:01 AM EDT (US)     60 / 84  
This is really awesome!

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 15 September 2009 03:04 PM EDT (US)     61 / 84  
How will you be able to modify troops in a specific location without modifying every single protounit? Or is every single unit a unique protounit?
posted 15 September 2009 03:12 PM EDT (US)     62 / 84  
Everything is a unique protounit.

posted 15 September 2009 04:34 PM EDT (US)     63 / 84  
I will playtest the singleplayer version.(I can't play online!)
JDmino
JDmino@gmail.com

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
~My Heavens~
AoMH
SpH
DoFH
Also, I am here.
posted 15 September 2009 05:37 PM EDT (US)     64 / 84  
fnjdanfjdka;nf

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 02-01-2013 @ 12:10 PM).]

posted 15 September 2009 07:11 PM EDT (US)     65 / 84  
Thanks all. We'll probably like to playtest with five humans tomorrow night (GMT-night, which is in about 20 hours from the time I'm writing this post). We don't really need single player testers, because we can test that ourselves, or just let our A.I. test it for us and tell it to write a report Sorry JDmino!

Tomorrow we'll send emails to the addresses provided, and post on the forum. First come to ESO, first serve, of course.

If you are sad about not being able to playtest, please don't shed tears: the release will not be much later, and you can always playtest our next scenario of course.
posted 15 September 2009 07:18 PM EDT (US)     66 / 84  
What are you kidding? Crying people is funny. Post some pictures if you feel especially bad.
posted 16 September 2009 06:17 AM EDT (US)     67 / 84  
Arch, I've tried to try the map with Shrink, but I can't connect with he... But maybe I can connect with you, so can you tell me your MSN email (if you have one, obviously!) so you can say me when we can try?

posted 16 September 2009 07:14 AM EDT (US)     68 / 84  
Easiest fix would be for one of you guys to switch comps. Switching roles won't help
posted 16 September 2009 11:54 AM EDT (US)     69 / 84  
Tried finding you on MSN, you were never on...so I am posting my email here:

tyrano-coke@hotmail.com

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 16 September 2009 04:43 PM EDT (US)     70 / 84  
We'll be on ESO in about 30 minutes.

ESO Names:

The_Shrink
Archaeopterix
posted 16 September 2009 06:16 PM EDT (US)     71 / 84  
Wow, i just got to test this. Its really great right now, although i cant figure out how the fifth player will work (but i know who it is haha to all of you).

A few things i wanted to suggest before i left...

• Music
  • A fake counter displaying current terrain and its bonuses
  • A different gp than frost. It was in the end a bit bland, although it was more useful than it appears...
  • posted 16 September 2009 06:27 PM EDT (US)     72 / 84  
    I got online when I saw the message, but it appears I was a bit late, you were already testing the map. Perhaps I will catch you online some other time.
    posted 16 September 2009 07:24 PM EDT (US)     73 / 84  
    AWESOME PLAYTEST

I got to playtest OH YEAHHHHH!

I'll tell you that the map is [SPOILER] [SPOILER] and that it was pretty [SPOILER] and you should all [SPOILER] yourselves.

posted 17 September 2009 11:16 AM EDT (US)     74 / 84  
    Thanks for playtesting THYMOLE and sneaky_squirrel. We gained a lot from the test and I appreciate your suggestions.

In specific reference to these suggestions:
    # Music
    # A fake counter displaying current terrain and its bonuses
    Music is involved but unfortunately you didn't last long enough into the scenario to see it!
    In the early-game, which is all you really saw, we're really going for the desolate, cold and hostile atmosphere - so we have a lot of blowing wind sounds playing as well as wolf howls, etc. Music would take something away from that at that point, I think.

A fake counter for current terrain, while undoubtedly helpful to the player, would detract from the natural 'analogue' style of terrain bonuses we are going for. I particularly like them subtle and exploited by the canniest of players.

Thanks again!

@Kode Nightingale - I'm sorry you couldn't join us yesterday. We'll be playtesting again possibly today or tomorrow, and again we'll let people know in the thread. Hopefully you can catch us then.

posted 17 September 2009 11:23 AM EDT (US)     75 / 84  

Previous

See this showcase in the raw HERE!

One | Two | Three
    Archaeopterix
    Shrink

[This message has been edited by Arch and Shrink (edited 09-17-2009 @ 11:23 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Heroines 3: Winter Solstice
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames