Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: CASTWCRT Triggers
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37  Next Page »
posted 23 September 2009 11:59 AM EDT (US)   
It's out!!!

CASTWCRT Triggers here, please. Now we won't overflood the TRT with our expert trigger discussions!

OK, for those who are wondering... CASTWCRT stands for Confederation for Abolishment of Simple Triggers so We Can Redo Them. This was started by three trigger soon-to-be experts, Guard of Osiris, Guard of Olympus, and lostrozzacavalli. We try to do all simple triggers that haven't been done yet...

Guard of Olympus
lostrozzacavalli
Guard of Osiris
WinstonShnozwick
Perpetual_n00b
JDmino/Jack D P
Kai Hirogashi
AA ObjectiveSecret MessagesTribute MessageQV Set Unit CountQV Modify ProtoUnit AllCamera Track With DialogueChange Unit Type & Sound
TimeTriggersQV Grant God PowerN/AQV Set QVSet Animation Units in AreaFull Cinematic ModeN/A
AACinematicChange Unit in random NOT DEADLY unit typeN/AUnit Create at ProtoUnitObjective NewUnits Swap PositionsN/A
AASend Spoofed Bolded chatTeleport to ArmyN/ADamage Around ProtounitQV Set from ResourceN/AN/A
AAEasyQVCodeNew ConditionalsN/AProtounit Move To PointChat Contains SecretN/AN/A
AAShowMap(Condition) QV Check ORN/AProtounit Move To Unit(Condition)QV Percent CompleteN/AN/A
N/ASet random tech status player rangeN/AQV Tool Condition(Condition) Timer less thanN/AN/A
N/ATeleport OnlineN/AHotkeyRandom LocationsN/AN/A
N/ARandom Colored ChatN/AQV Tool EffectGroup Create Select Unit TypeN/AN/A
N/AQV Shake CameraN/AChange Protounit NameQV Set Civilization NameN/AN/A
N/AQV Modify By RandomN/AProtounit WorkQV Damage Units in Area of ArmyN/AN/A
N/ARandom LocationsN/AGrant and Invoke GP's Multi (Unit Based)QV Heal Units in Area of ArmyN/AN/A
N/AActive Basic Scenario Functions player rangeN/AFire Event Quest VarFire Event TimersN/AN/A
N/ASpoofed Chat RandomN/AN/AQV HeadingN/AN/A
N/AQV Army DeployN/APlayer Change RandomMove Relative To SelfN/AN/A
N/ASelectors Four UnitsN/AN/ADisable Multiple TriggersN/AN/A
N/AUnits reviveN/AN/AMap Arrow Keys To EventN/AN/A
N/AColored chat (255 Coloring System)N/AN/AMap Keys To EventN/AN/A
N/AQV Range VarsN/AN/AArmy Deploy Relative to UnitN/AN/A
N/AyTeleport OnlineN/AN/AArmy Deploy Relative to ArmyN/AN/A
N/AModify Protounit All Player RangeN/AN/ASound Filename RandomN/AN/A
N/ARoman Numerals ConverterN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A

castwcrt rip 2010-2010

[This message has been edited by Boukary (edited 04-23-2011 @ 06:16 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03 October 2009 02:48 PM EDT (US)     251 / 919  
I've probably said this already, but what you guys are doing is absolutely great.

I know you guys said I can't join because I'm not a noob, but it's great to see that even "noobs" can get into trigger coding as well. I think that very soon you'll begin to find out that the gap between "noobs" and people like me is actually fairly narrow (the gap between me and people like invent00r/nottud is wider, though). Just by jumping in and getting your feet wet, you've already overcome the biggest obstacle.

Keep up the good work. In no time at all, you're going to have to broaden those entry requirements because you won't qualify as "noobs" either :P.
posted 03 October 2009 02:53 PM EDT (US)     252 / 919  
Thank you for compliments, Hail, and you've also been very active in this thread helping us with triggerlocks. You are definetly the person who's not a member of CASTWCRT who posts here the most

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 03 October 2009 02:57 PM EDT (US)     253 / 919  
I'm just happy to see more people getting interested in trigger coding (part of this may be selfishness - it would mean less work for me in the TRT >=) )

When invent00r and Mythic started writing the Master XS guide, there was (unfortunately) very little interest at the time. Maybe with a growing trigger community, it'll be worth their time to continue it, if they are so inclined.
posted 03 October 2009 03:15 PM EDT (US)     254 / 919  
I don't know why I'm now so intrested to trigger coding, but probably because I didn't want post in TRT yet also for very simple requests, or request things that now I know are impossible (E.G. one time I requested a condition Is killed by (proto)unit, and know I know this is not possible). Then I read the really useful BaseballKids' guide and I posted in the TRT if someone could help me in the trigger coding. There I met the Guards and we found CASTWCRT, born by a my joke. This is my trigger coding story .

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 03 October 2009 05:22 PM EDT (US)     255 / 919  
Well guys, im very close to getting my new effect created. It will be awesome! Hail, i posted in the trigger thread, im close to done, take a look?

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 04 October 2009 03:45 AM EDT (US)     256 / 919  
I always create my own triggers. Well I did not create any new ones but just alter the name fields to what I wanted so it would save me time. For example:
   <Effect name="KH Army Change Type">
<Param name="SrcArmy" dispName="Army" VarType="group">default</Param>
<Param name="ProtoUnit" dispName="ProtoUnit" varType="protounit">Cinematic Block</Param>
<Command>trArmySelect("%SrcArmy%");</Command>
<Command>trUnitChangeProtoUnit("%ProtoUnit%");</Command>
</Effect>
Here I just changed the default unit of the protounit drop down list to Cinematic Block. lol ;D

I just couldnt be bothered to scroll through the list, haha!

By the way, what you guys are doing is great! I love Perpetual_n00b's Objective New trigger! Saves a load of time!

Best Regards CASTWCRT

|MEMORY|
posted 04 October 2009 03:53 AM EDT (US)     257 / 919  
Thanks Kai

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 04 October 2009 04:13 AM EDT (US)     258 / 919  
Hey, does anyone have any ideas for me? I have run dry. You guys are all doing the ones I am thinking of doing. I am concentrating on creating cinematic triggers to make things easier for noobs.

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
~My Heavens~
AoMH
SpH
DoFH
Also, I am here.
posted 04 October 2009 04:59 AM EDT (US)     259 / 919  
You could make things like Fade to color and overlay, or play dialog and army deploy... But maybe the best is that you leave the cinematic triggers... You did 2 very useful triggers, but I think that if you do others similar will not be appreciate.

posted 04 October 2009 05:00 AM EDT (US)     260 / 919  
...sorry guys I thought it would be better for this to be in th TRT instead of CASTWCRT, apologies again.

|MEMORY|

[This message has been edited by Kai Hirogashi (edited 10-04-2009 @ 05:06 AM).]

posted 04 October 2009 05:01 AM EDT (US)     261 / 919  
I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

|Unit Create at Protounit|

Define:
This is a completely new trigger. It has actually not been done before by any other people, and so is absolutely original. I thought of it myself, because I actually needed it for a map I'm working on. It took me a few days to make this, and there was a major bug near the end, but now it is done and works completely.

Info:
When I started this trigger, I was quite far from knowing anything. I had really only made my previous triggers by merely changing already made triggers. But this one, as you see, has many new parts, and it was a completely new creation. I had to make this trigger blind. I was greatly helped by HailtotheOboe, as he guided me what to do, and told me what I did wrong. And at the end, when a major bug happened, making it not work for me at all, but strangely, it did work for Hail, Mister SPC, who has helped people here in CASTWCRT before, debugged the trigger and now it works completely! I am both very thankful to these two people, and I couldn't have done it without them. However, let it be known that this was my creation. I did not just have Hail make it and then steal the credit. He guided me what to do right, without outright telling me the code. And at the end, it was already done, and did work for Hail, but Mister SPC fixed it to make it work for everyone else.

Setup:
   <Effect name="Unit Create At Protounit"> 
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Object Player" varType="float">0</Param>
<Param name="Object" dispName="Object Protounit" varType="protounit">Villager</Param>
<Param name="Heading" dispName="Object Heading" varType="float">0</Param>
<Param name="Target" dispName="Target Protounit" varType="protounit">Villager</Param>
<Param name="PlayerID2" dispName="Target Player" varType="float">0</Param>
<Param name="Condition" dispName="Target Alive/Dead" varType="bool">true</Param>
<Command>for(Qid=1;>0) {}</Command>
<Command>xsSetContextPlayer(%PlayerID2%);</Command>
<Command>kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap();</Command>
<Command>Qid=kbUnitQueryCreate("QueryProtounit");</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetPlayerID(Qid, %PlayerID2%, true);</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetUnitType(Qid, kbGetProtoUnitID("%Target%"));</Command>
<Command>if(%Condition%==true)kbUnitQuerySetState(Qid, 2);</Command>
<Command>else kbUnitQuerySetState(Qid, 4);</Command>
<Command>for(i=kbUnitQueryExecute(Qid)-1;>-1)</Command>
<Command>trUnitCreate("%Object%", "default", xsVectorGetX(kbUnitGetPosition(kbUnitQueryGetResult(Qid,
i))),xsVectorGetY(kbUnitGetPosition(kbUnitQueryGetResult(Qid
i))),xsVectorGetZ(kbUnitGetPosition(kbUnitQueryGetResult(Qid
, i))), %Heading%, %PlayerID%);</Command>
</Effect>
That is the trigger coding itself to be put into the typetest. I will now explain all of the fields that you would use ingame when setting this effect up.

Object Player - This sets what player the object will be. 0 is mother nature, and then it goes normally, 1 is player 1, you, and so on.

Object Protounit - This sets the protounit that the object will be. The object is the protounit that will be created. The new unit that is made at the target protounit.

Object Heading - This sets the heading of the object. That means which way it will be facing. It is 0 through 360 for heading, and the default heading(0) when the map is at normal placement, will be looking perfectly northwest. From there, the object will rotate clockwise as the number rises, and at 360, it will be back at the heading it started at.

Target Protounit - This sets the protounit that is where the object protounit will be created at. Say there is an anubite on the map. That could be the target. This means, that whatever you put in for the object protounit, that protounit will be created right at the target unit.

Target Player - This sets what player the target will be. That means that the target unit will have to be the specified player you choose, to be able to be included in the search.

Target Alive/Dead - This is just a handy little chooser for how you want to create the object units. If you leave it as on (true), then it will search alive units. If you leave it as off (false), then it will search dead units. This changes what units the objects will be made at. So if you make this on, and the target units are dead, it wont work. If you put this to off, and the target units are dead, then it will only create the objects at where the dead targets are at.

Special Notes:
This is create unit at protounit. It works like create unit, and create unit at unit. However, being create at protounit, there may be, certainly probably will be, more than one of the target protounit on the map at the time. In this case, nothing will go wrong, and this is the thing it was made to do! It will make one object protounit at each of the target units. If you have three targets, there will be three objects made. This is the amazing feature that makes this effect new and helpful for more things to happen!

The units that this trigger effect searches for (the protounit, player, dead or alive state), are made with a unit query. You may not know what those are, but it means that it is searching for the units to be able to use the effect. The units are set in the map after the game starts up, so you can not use always condition from the very start of the game, otherwise nothing will happen. After any time of the game passes, after one second, it will be ok to use always for a condition.

For the heading parameter in the trigger, Mister SPC said that it did not work, but it does fully. I tested it, and I found that the new created units were facing a different direction every time that I changed the heading.

For the target alive/dead parameter, I tested it for the dead units, and it seems that the objects can continue to be created at the dead target for about 20 seconds. This may have to do with the elevation, in which case would be a shorter time if there was a lower elevation, and vica verca. But it will work if you just want to create units right when the target units die. And I tested again, and it seems that if you put it on loop, after the target units are dead for a while, and the objects do not create at them anymore, the object units start creating themselves at the origin point of the map, which is the very bottom corner of the map. SO DO NOT PUT THIS ON LOOP IT WILL LAG THE GAME UP TO DEATH

_____________________________ ___________________ _____________________________________

@JDmino - Well for the cinematic thing, you got it pretty good with the start cinematic going there. Now if that start cine effect you made only has on/off bools, then it also serves as an end cinematic trigger. Pretty cool. How about you do something with sounds, music, fade to color, camera tracks, camera cuts. Try putting different parts of those effects together and try to make some helpful utilities for cinematics.

Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 10-04-2009 @ 05:08 AM).]

posted 04 October 2009 05:30 AM EDT (US)     262 / 919  
How can I become a member, Winston?

|MEMORY|
posted 04 October 2009 05:34 AM EDT (US)     263 / 919  
just say you want to be one

and be sure that if your joining, you contribute in some way to the group, triggers, help for triggers, etc..

posted 04 October 2009 05:40 AM EDT (US)     264 / 919  
I haven't made a lot but this ones my favorite:
   <Effect name="Change Unit Type Sound Filename">
<Param name="SrcObject" dispName="Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="ProtoUnit" dispName="ProtoUnit" varType="protounit">Cinematic Block</Param>
<Param name="Sound" dispName="Sound" varType="sound">default</Param>
<Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
<Command loop="" loopParm="SrcObject">trUnitSelect("%SrcObject%");</Command>
<Command>trSoundPlayFN("%Sound%");</Command>
</Effect>
Its just change unit type and sound filename together, lol ;D

I may not be able to contribute much but I will give it a fair go so I would like to be a member?
Also, I might need some how to help.

|MEMORY|

[This message has been edited by Kai Hirogashi (edited 10-04-2009 @ 09:10 AM).]

posted 04 October 2009 05:55 AM EDT (US)     265 / 919  
For me you could join, and I think the change unti & sound could be really useful, because sometimes someone change an unit into an other forgetting to put a sound, and so he probably will have an unrealistic transformation. Anyways, if also for the Guards your entry is ok (we are the CASTWCRT "moderators"), you'll be able to entry.

P.S. Please change the trigger name. I think it is better if you remove the TAG with your name (I haven't triggers that start with LO), and do the trigger more understandable (like Change Unit & Sound)

Winston: GREAT work!!

[This message has been edited by lostrozzacavalli (edited 10-04-2009 @ 05:57 AM).]

posted 04 October 2009 06:02 AM EDT (US)     266 / 919  
Is the "KH" really such a big problem? Well I wouldn't want to remove it but if this is your system than ok I will change the name if the Moderators agree on my initiation?

|MEMORY|
posted 04 October 2009 06:37 AM EDT (US)     267 / 919  
Kai, I'm sure we'd all like to have you join but I'll wait for Guard of Olympus and Guard of Osiris to make it official.

I'm glad you liked Objective New.

Your change unit with sound is definitely useful. I've recently been looking at having a character change form and kept forgetting to add in sound effects. I was using Army Change Unit Type, if you want you can modify that to include sound as well. The only thing I might do different is have the default sound be changeunit.wav

Having KH at the front of the effect name isn't a huge issue but it would be easier to find Change effect if the name started with Change rather than KH. You could always put KH at the end so people know it's yours for the ones you post here and keep KH at the front for the ones you have in your typetest if that makes it easier for you to find them.
posted 04 October 2009 06:40 AM EDT (US)     268 / 919  
well... it's not a rule but we prefer don't put our names... Anyways, when we'll release the trigger pack, we will put:

lostrozzacavalli's triggers

trigger list

Perpetual_n00b's triggers

trigger list

So don't think anyone couldn't remember that that trigger is your .

posted 04 October 2009 06:42 AM EDT (US)     269 / 919  
We will?

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 04 October 2009 06:43 AM EDT (US)     270 / 919  
Yes GoO

posted 04 October 2009 09:08 AM EDT (US)     271 / 919  
Ah I see ok then so what? Can I join or what now? Perpetual's explanation is good enough to change my way of thinking, haha ;D

So when can my initiation be official? (Changed the name thing and making more triggs but may need some How To Help, Perpetual perhaps?

Here it is again:
   <Effect name="Change Unit Type & Sound Filename KH">
<Param name="SrcObject" dispName="Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
<Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
<Command loop="" loopParm="SrcObject">trUnitSelect("%SrcObject%");</Command>
</Effect>

<Effect name="Army Change Type & Sound Filename KH">
<Param name="SrcArmy" dispName="$$22348$$Army" VarType="group">default</Param>
<Param name="ProtoUnit" dispName="$$22449$$ProtoUnit" varType="protounit">Cinematic Blockr</Param>
<Command>trArmySelect("%SrcArmy%");</Command>
</Effect>

|MEMORY|

[This message has been edited by Kai Hirogashi (edited 10-04-2009 @ 09:16 AM).]

posted 04 October 2009 09:12 AM EDT (US)     272 / 919  
@HK: We must wait the Guards decision!

@Guards: Please say if add HK! and GoO please update the main post!

posted 04 October 2009 09:31 AM EDT (US)     273 / 919  
@lostrozzacavalli: What triggers should I add?

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 04 October 2009 09:38 AM EDT (US)     274 / 919  
For me add post 271 /, there are two triggers here. Thanks

|MEMORY|
posted 04 October 2009 09:42 AM EDT (US)     275 / 919  
Is Kai a member!?

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » CASTWCRT Triggers
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: