Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: CASTWCRT Triggers
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 30 ··· 37  Next Page »
posted 23 September 2009 11:59 AM EDT (US)   
It's out!!!

CASTWCRT Triggers here, please. Now we won't overflood the TRT with our expert trigger discussions!

OK, for those who are wondering... CASTWCRT stands for Confederation for Abolishment of Simple Triggers so We Can Redo Them. This was started by three trigger soon-to-be experts, Guard of Osiris, Guard of Olympus, and lostrozzacavalli. We try to do all simple triggers that haven't been done yet...

Guard of Olympus
lostrozzacavalli
Guard of Osiris
WinstonShnozwick
Perpetual_n00b
JDmino/Jack D P
Kai Hirogashi
AA ObjectiveSecret MessagesTribute MessageQV Set Unit CountQV Modify ProtoUnit AllCamera Track With DialogueChange Unit Type & Sound
TimeTriggersQV Grant God PowerN/AQV Set QVSet Animation Units in AreaFull Cinematic ModeN/A
AACinematicChange Unit in random NOT DEADLY unit typeN/AUnit Create at ProtoUnitObjective NewUnits Swap PositionsN/A
AASend Spoofed Bolded chatTeleport to ArmyN/ADamage Around ProtounitQV Set from ResourceN/AN/A
AAEasyQVCodeNew ConditionalsN/AProtounit Move To PointChat Contains SecretN/AN/A
AAShowMap(Condition) QV Check ORN/AProtounit Move To Unit(Condition)QV Percent CompleteN/AN/A
N/ASet random tech status player rangeN/AQV Tool Condition(Condition) Timer less thanN/AN/A
N/ATeleport OnlineN/AHotkeyRandom LocationsN/AN/A
N/ARandom Colored ChatN/AQV Tool EffectGroup Create Select Unit TypeN/AN/A
N/AQV Shake CameraN/AChange Protounit NameQV Set Civilization NameN/AN/A
N/AQV Modify By RandomN/AProtounit WorkQV Damage Units in Area of ArmyN/AN/A
N/ARandom LocationsN/AGrant and Invoke GP's Multi (Unit Based)QV Heal Units in Area of ArmyN/AN/A
N/AActive Basic Scenario Functions player rangeN/AFire Event Quest VarFire Event TimersN/AN/A
N/ASpoofed Chat RandomN/AN/AQV HeadingN/AN/A
N/AQV Army DeployN/APlayer Change RandomMove Relative To SelfN/AN/A
N/ASelectors Four UnitsN/AN/ADisable Multiple TriggersN/AN/A
N/AUnits reviveN/AN/AMap Arrow Keys To EventN/AN/A
N/AColored chat (255 Coloring System)N/AN/AMap Keys To EventN/AN/A
N/AQV Range VarsN/AN/AArmy Deploy Relative to UnitN/AN/A
N/AyTeleport OnlineN/AN/AArmy Deploy Relative to ArmyN/AN/A
N/AModify Protounit All Player RangeN/AN/ASound Filename RandomN/AN/A
N/ARoman Numerals ConverterN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A

castwcrt rip 2010-2010

[This message has been edited by Boukary (edited 04-23-2011 @ 06:16 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11 October 2009 02:34 PM EDT (US)     376 / 919  
sry the first one was allready made

btw i did a picture of your random loc trigger
http://img387.imageshack.us/i/effect1.png/

unluckily in pic 2 and 3 the units regrouped ;(

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 10-11-2009 @ 02:35 PM).]

posted 11 October 2009 02:51 PM EDT (US)     377 / 919  
Ok members, I made another new trigger. This one is an effect, and i beleive quite helpful. It is a sister trigger to my qv set qv effect, which i now call qv tool effect. This is qv tool condition. It is simaler to the qv tool effect, and quite good i think.
<Condition name="QV Tool Condition"> 
<Param name="NewQV" dispName="QV Name" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
<Param name="Oper" dispName="Solution" VarType="operator">==</Param>
<Param name="QVName" dispName="Var" VarType="string">QV2</Param>
<Param name="Oper2" dispName="Operator" VarType="string">+</Param>
<Param name="Value" dispName="Value" VarType="float">0</Param>
<Param name="HELP" dispName="Value CopyPaste" varType="string">trQuestVarGet("NAMEHERE")</Param>
<Expression>(trQuestVarGet("%NewQV%") %Oper% trQuestVarGet("%QVName%") %Oper2% %Value%);</Expression>
</Condition>
And mister spc, the value param is supposed ot be a float, so you can only type in numbers, but if you use the help param which is a string, you can copy and paste and it will go into the float, i tried. Thats how its meant to go.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 11 October 2009 02:55 PM EDT (US)     378 / 919  
QV Tool Condition now included.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 11 October 2009 02:57 PM EDT (US)     379 / 919  
And mister spc, the value param is supposed ot be a float, so you can only type in numbers, but if you use the help param which is a string, you can copy and paste and it will go into the float, i tried. Thats how its meant to go.
didnt know that since I type it by hand everytime ;P

My trigger Pack
posted 11 October 2009 09:21 PM EDT (US)     380 / 919  
Oh hey guard of osiris, for the table, you dont have all of mine, and some of mine have been changed by me to be a bit different. So, ill just give you the names for mine, and you don't need to link them. Ill send you my triggers when its time for the download pack to be made.

My current triggers are, by name:

Conditions;
QV Tool Condition

Effects;
QV Tool Effect
QV Set Player Unit Count
QV Set Player Unit Count around unit
PC Unit Create at Protounit
PC Damage around Protounit
PC Protounit Move to Unit
PC Protounit Work
PC Change Protounit Name
PC Damage Protounit

Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
posted 11 October 2009 09:25 PM EDT (US)     381 / 919  
@Kai i dont get your trigger but i think i need it. Could it be used to change an object into a hades gate small, and stop the sound it gives off?

@whinston Whats the QV Tool do?
posted 11 October 2009 09:25 PM EDT (US)     382 / 919  
I've manually changed a lot of the "long" or "float" params in my default triggers to string, so I don't need to do the copy/pasty stuff. At least for the triggs I use more frequently. For the ones that are floats, I leave the default as having a decimal (0.0 or 1.0) as a reminder that it probably won't work if I put an integer in.
posted 11 October 2009 09:32 PM EDT (US)     383 / 919  
@Hail - Eh, we all got our own systems of order, i just did that so you cant screw it up with a non number character unless you intentionally copy paste it in, in which case you would obviously be doing it from the other param, to get a trqvget.

@Thymole - Well my qv tool condition and effect are quite ingenious. They are a way to find different values of qvs. Like, the effect one, is it sets a new qv with a value equal to another qv plus, minus, multiplied, or divided by a number. So you could make a qv equal to another qv, but 4 higher than it. Somethin like that. And for the condition, it searches for a qv that is equal to , less than, etc.. another qv times, plus, minus, another number. So you could find out if Sheep QV's value is equal to Goat qv's value times 2, or stuff like that. They probably will be quite useful.

posted 11 October 2009 09:36 PM EDT (US)     384 / 919  
quite ingenious
hmm nice old unwarranted optimism.

O well ty, that does sound pretty useful actually. Ijust set up a big system in minigames to roughly the same effect (to start counting kills at 0 midway through the game). That woulda saved some time...

O well, just blows up the trigger count to give bragging rights i guess.
posted 11 October 2009 10:28 PM EDT (US)     385 / 919  
@Thymole - Thanks, glad i could help. The reason i made my triggers in the first place was just because i needed them, and actually will be using them, which goes to show that they are triggers that will be helpful. But now im going into a series of the PC triggers and some new qv stuff.

@CASTWCRT - People, i am now going to start a phenomenol effect, one which will be amazing, and help people very much. I will be making, over the course of a week or so, due to size, an EFFECT which i call UNDO TECH(name subject to change). It will make it so you can choose a technology, and it will undo most of its effects. Some techs obviously, will not be possible to undo, but i shall try to do most.

And guard of osiris, i foud a way to fix the links in your table. Put these tags for it, to bring it to the post needed.
[url=http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=28215&f=13,28215,0,10#post0] [/url]
And put the number post after the #post part in it. And the result would be like this. LIST OF MY TRIGGERS

posted 11 October 2009 10:31 PM EDT (US)     386 / 919  
@CASTWCRT - People, i am now going to start a phenomenol effect, one which will be amazing, and help people very much. I will be making, over the course of a week or so, due to size, an EFFECT which i call UNDO TECH(name subject to change). It will make it so you can choose a technology, and it will undo most of its effects. Some techs obviously, will not be possible to undo, but i shall try to do most.
That'll be quite a load of work. Kind of like mythic's modify protounit absolute. Good luck with it.

Your link still went to the top of the page.
posted 11 October 2009 10:33 PM EDT (US)     387 / 919  
the link works for me, you just have to wait for the page to completely load. but whats this modify protounit absolute that mythics makin? Whats it do?

posted 11 October 2009 10:40 PM EDT (US)     388 / 919  
He was making it modify a protounit to a specific value instead of a delta.

To do that, he has to read in all of the base stats for the units, and calculate the delta. Not sure if it'll work on top of regular Modify Protounits, or only on its own.

Sounds like you'll have to do the same sort of thing for all techs and the units affected by them.
posted 12 October 2009 10:31 AM EDT (US)     389 / 919  
@Winston: I know how to use that post system. I thought all links were updated. Oh well...

Do you have links to your other triggers?

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 12 October 2009 12:57 PM EDT (US)     390 / 919  
GoOsiris, you forget to include to the table the trigger "Active Basic Scenario Functions player range", of me

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 12 October 2009 01:03 PM EDT (US)     391 / 919  
He was making it modify a protounit to a specific value instead of a delta.
It'S just sensefull for attack points since at least i have modify effectS that sets costs and aswell hp so attack would be interesting and a really cool thing

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 10-12-2009 @ 01:05 PM).]

posted 12 October 2009 02:05 PM EDT (US)     392 / 919  
@lostrozzacavalli: Your new trigger is now included, but can you give me a link?

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 12 October 2009 04:15 PM EDT (US)     393 / 919  
posted 12 October 2009 04:19 PM EDT (US)     394 / 919  
i love you

posted 12 October 2009 04:33 PM EDT (US)     395 / 919  
That's very kind of you! Thanks a lot, I will enjoy it!

Oh, and excpect my full playtest report in a week

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 10-12-2009 @ 04:34 PM).]

posted 12 October 2009 08:08 PM EDT (US)     396 / 919  
Ok everyone, i made a few more triggers. Heres the list of all my current ones. I will send the codes for them to you when we make the file for download. They are tested and do work.

Conditions
QV Tool Condition

Effects
QV Tool Effect
QV Set Player Unit Count
QV Set Player Unit Count Area
QV Set Player Population Count
PC Unit Create At Protounit
PC Damage Around Protounit
PC Protounit Move to Unit
PC Protounit Work
PC Change Protounit Name
PC Damage Protounit
PC Protounit FlashLight
PC Change and Convert Protounit

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 10-12-2009 @ 08:26 PM).]

posted 13 October 2009 07:39 AM EDT (US)     397 / 919  
"Active Basic Scenario Functions Player Range" is at Post 311, and could you also add "QV army deploy" to the list? (in this page)

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 13 October 2009 09:52 AM EDT (US)     398 / 919  
Sorry, I can't do it right now, but I will in a few hours.

@perpetual: I got the scenario.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 14 October 2009 09:05 PM EDT (US)     399 / 919  
Hmm, you dont update the main post often. :\

And here is a new trigger I made. After seeing Perp Noobs own hotkey trigger, and wanting to make it easier for myself, I created a very simple, but powerful hotkey maker effect.
   <Effect name="Hotkey">
<Param name="Group" dispName="Hotkey Number (1-9)" VarType="float">0</Param>
<Param name="Unit" dispName="Hotkey Unit(s)" VarType="unit">default</Param>
<Command>trSetCurrentPlayerStatus(false);</Command>
<Command>uiClearNumberGroup(%Group%);</Command>
<Command>uiClearSelection();</Command>
<Command>trBlockAllSounds(true);</Command>
<Command>for(FP=0;>1){}</Command>
<Command>FP=trCurrentPlayer();</Command>
<Command>trPlayerSetActive(%PlayerID%);</Command>
<Command>trUnitSelect("%Obj%");</Command>
<Command>for(err=0;>1){} for(id=0;>1){} id = kbGetUnitBaseTypeID(kbGetBlockID("%Obj%"));</Command>
<Command>if(trUnitIsOwnedBy(%PlayerID%)){if(trUnitAlive()){</Command>
<Command>while(trUnitIsSelected()!=true) {err++;</Command>
<Command>uiFindType(kbGetProtoUnitName(id));</Command>
<Command>if(err>200) {break;}}}}</Command>
<Command>trPlayerSetActive(FP);</Command>
<Command>trUnblockAllSounds();</Command>
<Command>uiCreateNumberGroup(%Group%);</Command>
<Command>uiClearSelection();</Command>
<Command>trSetCurrentPlayerStatus(true);</Command>
</Effect>
This one is superior to Perp noobs though, because there are three areas where it is additional. One, it turns off player control, (i think) when it works, so the player can not mess it up by selecting other stuff at the same time. Two, it clears the previous group, so there is no chance of an already made group messing it up. Three, it unselects all units before and after the group is made, as to stop any effects of the hotkeys happening, and just to keep it cleaned up and not mess you around.

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 10-18-2009 @ 09:11 PM).]

posted 15 October 2009 02:32 AM EDT (US)     400 / 919  
Off-topic:400!

On-topic: I'll add that one, Winston!

Edit: The trigger has been added.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010

[This message has been edited by Guard of Osiris (edited 10-15-2009 @ 02:34 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 30 ··· 37  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames