Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Caverns Of Kronos - Cancelled
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 27 October 2009 05:59 AM EDT (US)   

Cancelled? What? How? When? Why? Link.

The Caverns Of Kronos is a new upcoming singleplayer scenario by Yeebaagooon and Kai Hirogashi. It is mainly a serious scenario, but there are a few jokes that managed to sneak in. It is a quest type game where you play the role of Emperor Gracchus as he attempts to escape from the dreaded caverns. Many sinister traps and beings lurk in the depths of this place, but the emperor is not alone; the gods are on his side.

The Caverns Of Kronos feature many new and intriguing puzzles for the emperor to face. But beware, not all is as simple as it seems. While the gods visit and guide the emperor, the dark gods and servants of Kronos also work against him. The scenario will be a nail biting experience as the player will never know what awaits around the corner.

Emperor Gracchus is a peaceful empire builder, the mighty architect of Ionis and spearhead on the Ionian war machine. He was loved by his people, and they lived prosperously in his citadel. The Emperor worshiped Lord Zeus and The Olympians, and they favoured him and his empire. Kronos did not approve of this empire, and managed to infiltrate the main religious council. His spy was hosted within The High Theocrat and one day, Kronos unleashed his plan.
The High Theocrat summoned Emperor Gracchus to the grand temple of Zeus in the main citadel of Ionis and asked the Emperor about his faith. The Emperor was shocked by this sacrilege and exiled The High Theocrat. This was when Kronos struck, opening a massive fissure in the ground that swallowed the emperor while his spy flew free.

The Emperor awoke in a dingy underground hall when he was visited by The Oracle who informed him of where he was. The Oracle became a guiding light who liaised with the emperor and the gods; delivering important information. Eventually other gods came to his aid, but unfortunately the dark gods also sought to destroy him. You will take on the role of Emperor Gracchus as he attempts to solve the fiendish puzzles in The Caverns of Kronos and escape with his life.
But is this more than just a fight for survival? Could Kronos be planning something even darker?

Emperor Gracchus

Description:
The great Empire builder was living a quieter life compared to his past. He was no longer on the battlefields, instead a calculating mastermind plotting every move for Ionis. His daily worship of Zeus has given him great favour with The Olympians and has also caught the attention of darker gods.
The Emperor's superior intellect gives him a fighting chance of escaping The Caverns of Kronos.
The Oracle

Description:
The Oracle is the first god to know about Kronos' plans. She appears before Emperor Gracchus in the caverns and instructs him on what he must do to free himself from certain traps. The Oracle is aware of the future, but is careful not to give the emperor too much information. She alerts the other gods who also attempt to help the emperor.
Apollo

Description:
Apollo is the Sun god who at first glance can seem rather careless. His archery skills are rivalled only by his sister; Artemis
Artemis

Description:
Artemis leads the hunt against dark gods. She is accompanied by her faithful hunters and is given targets by the major Olympians.
Hestia

Description:
Lady of the hearth, Hestia is always a warm welcome. She delivers a task to the emperor and offers him the gift of traveling through hearths.
Pyra

Description:
Lady Pyra, of the flame.
Aether

Description:
Aether is lord of the air and willing to tell mortals the secret of how to travel through the air across lava filled pits.
Kronos

Description:
Kronos is the lord of time and the mightiest of the Titans. His caverns hold many sinister evils that must be fought or avoided in order to survive. But there are deeper motives at work here. Kronos is a mastermind capable of rekindling the destructive suspicions between Olympians.
Charon

Description:
Charon is Hades' chief ghoul who normally ferries souls across the River Styx. However, the recent financial crisis has seen his pay plummet, so he only takes paying customers. He travels down to the caverns to cause chaos as the emperor would be a nice addition to Erebus. Charon finds killing distasteful and always gives his victims a small chance to escape with their lives.
Morpheus

Description:
Morpheus has laid dormant for thousands of years after his cavern fortress was destroyed. He has saved up colossal amounts of energy for a grand scheme and can send any creature into an eternal sleep with a flick of his hand. Morpheus is constantly changing form, earning him the nickname of 'the gender bender' that he is continually taunted with by the Olympians.

Rick Astley

Description:
One of Hades' foulest minions and rumoured to be the chief fury in disguise. Rick Astley's death song is a deadly weapon that is feared throughout Greek mythology.

The orb of the dead

Description:
An orb capable of reawakening the dead.

Janus

Description:
Lord of choice. Janus is a neutral god who can give you much valued tools and weapons, providing you make the right choices.

Bianca Di Angelo

Description:
Bianca is one of Lady Artemis' hunters. She is an immortal girl and has sworn an oath of allegiance to Artemis. Unbeknown to her, she is the daughter of a very powerful god.

The Temple of Zeus.

Citadel buildings.

Emperor Gracchus enters the caverns.

The Oracle departs to Olympus.

The Orb of The Dead raises warriors.

The Orb of The Dead explodes.

A chest with gold is found.

A serpent trap is sprung.

The Emperor meets Artemis.

Artemis plots against Charon.

The Hunters attack Charon.

Apollo arrives.

A statue to Typhon.

The ruins of Kronos' city.

Charon plays deathly games.

Morpheus induces a deep sleep in the Emperor.

A seemingly uncrossable lava pit.

A soul crystal.

The end of an era: This will be Kai Hirogashi's last project.

Please don't pester us about release. We don't have much time now as we are both old.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-30-2009 @ 03:04 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 October 2009 01:48 AM EDT (US)     51 / 86  
haha ;D
Not you too Kai, what is happening? I know your getting married but, next thing you know, Elrich and Yeebs will ditch us. And then maybe Brighty? Stop leaving us!
My dear friend as many of you do not know yet Jack is right i am getting married in late December early January most possibly new years!! It would be so good if all of you at AomH could join me on the most important day of my life. Sadly, i must stop AoM reasons being....well honestly, if life only starts when you have your own family then when i have mine i want to be there for the whole thing. This project will feature my greatest designs to date and will blow your mind away. Yeebaagooon has done an extraordinary job with the trigger work i might add. Without his amazing imagination this project would not be here today. Its true, he is the genius behind it all. This is his vision, I only portray it. Its an honour working with himself and I am most of all having so much fun with this! This will be big! Very big!

This will be single player experience in all its glory.

The Golden One shall return.

|MEMORY|
posted 29 October 2009 02:16 AM EDT (US)     52 / 86  
My dear friend as many of you do not know yet Jack is right i am getting married in late December early January most possibly new years!! It would be so good if all of you at AomH could join me on the most important day of my life. Sadly, i must stop AoM reasons being....well honestly, if life only starts when you have your own family then when i have mine i want to be there for the whole thing. This project will feature my greatest designs to date and will blow your mind away. Yeebaagooon has done an extraordinary job with the trigger work i might add. Without his amazing imagination this project would not be here today. Its true, he is the genius behind it all. This is his vision, I only portray it. Its an honour working with himself and I am most of all having so much fun with this! This will be big! Very big!
Well congradulations very much. I hope that you have a great time, and you will be happy with the lucky lady. But it saddens me that you will be leaving us. You don't have to take that route man. Be cool like Elrich and do what he does. Once you get settled into your life, come on back if you can. Elrich does it, I'm sure you can too. Weekends?

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 29 October 2009 02:57 AM EDT (US)     53 / 86  
I could try i mean but at the moment I'm all over the place for preparations and such haha! ;D

Thanks for your kind words dude!

Elrich? I don't know how he does it! ;|

|MEMORY|
posted 29 October 2009 03:38 AM EDT (US)     54 / 86  
Yes I, an many others, wish you a happy marriage. I am sure you and the bride to be are very lucky to be with each other.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 29 October 2009 03:54 AM EDT (US)     55 / 86  
Thanks for those kind words. ;D

|MEMORY|
posted 29 October 2009 04:28 AM EDT (US)     56 / 86  
I wish I could be there m8 xD

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 29 October 2009 01:17 PM EDT (US)     57 / 86  
Ah! Nice !

Good to see another great scenario from Yeeb. And with references to Percy Jackson!

There is one thing that spoils this for me, I'm sorry to say. That is Rick Astley. There is no reason to include him and it seems to spoil the plot. I'm not saying there shouldn't be humour, but the humour should fit in.

If you have to put him in, have him in a bonus area or something that you can get to using cheat codes.

But all in all, a great looking scenario.

(And Happy Birthday!)

Minos Yewman
Ex-Spore Heaven Cherub

"With moderator powers come moderate responsabilities." -Alex_Of_Macedon

Continuous Creation Competition 2 | SpH Staff Dethy Mafia | The Hypermaze
posted 03 November 2009 02:23 AM EDT (US)     58 / 86  
>bump or whatever its called? haha ;D

|MEMORY|
posted 03 November 2009 02:30 AM EDT (US)     59 / 86  
Been reading a bit of Percy Jackson, have we?

..........(@_
._..........)..\_______________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________PoleRBear______________>
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig
posted 08 November 2009 05:00 PM EDT (US)     60 / 86  
Regretfully, I inform you that progress will be painfully slow. I've got a career to hunt.

As Rick Astley hasn't been added yet - I can exclude him as that's what most people want. Serious it will be.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 08 November 2009 05:58 PM EDT (US)     61 / 86  
posted 08 November 2009 07:07 PM EDT (US)     62 / 86  
Ahh its Rick Astley RUN!

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 30 December 2009 02:59 PM EDT (US)     63 / 86  
Alas, it is over.

The good news: I never added Rick Astley in to this, and I don't intend to.
The really good news: This scenario will be released sooner than any of you thought.
The bad news: Because it's cancelled.

I therefore feel compelled to rant at you.

Well it's certainly been fun. I remember stumbling across AoMH when I was much younger, loitering in the DL section and downloading the best singleplayer scenarios. I'd already done some VERY basic scenarios (but still better than some I've seen online I hasten to add...). I had no idea about triggers, and did wonder how the campaigns worked so well.
After The Lost Legion I was inspired by the awesomeness of it and decided to register. I found the forums. You probably know the rest as I rant about it so much.

After teaching myself some triggers and reading up on the guides I embraced a wider view of the editor. I added some triggers to some of my old maps, one of which was a maze based in Erebus with a boss at the end, an inspiration to this scenario. I went into multiplayer and soon discovered that my beloved Gaia's Relic was syncing for no reason. I went back into the editor and formulated Egyptian Wars (again, remade into Supreme Pwnage). That scenario was inspired by Tactics Advanced, but alas it was also syncing. I just had no idea why. Then I met nottud and you know the rest, my step into AoMH had begun.

Throughout my times in SD I have learnt so much and had the pleasure of working with a lot of you. I wish I had my old never-ending enthusiasm and time. My scenarios kept getting better and better and I met and worked with a lot of great people. I am very happy to finish on multiplayer with Minigames X - it's my best MP and is so replayable, but alas, seemingly unknown to ESO. I'd like to think I helped improve the quality of maps and designing on ESO. For a while it was good where a lot of people knew me - but I fear my achievements there were only a drop in the ocean.

Ripto was an epic scenario to finish with - and I'm so proud of it. What a bang to leave with. It demonstrates the last of my old commitment and determination. My only regret is not using circle triggers in it . I am really sorry to let Kai and the rest of you down by not finishing this scenario, it's really amazing. But it shall not all be for nothing. It shall be released in the next few months along with some of my other unfinished scenarios. I'd like to keep playing AOM - but I can't do huge maps anymore. Maybe I could do some small games, but ring wars is no longer possible .

I'd like to thanks you all for being so encouraging and for such a helping inspiration to me as I worked through my scenarios, without SD I couldn't have done it. SD has been my home forum, I have branched out into HG from here. I am proud to have done my duty for this forum. It is really such a high quality place. You'd be hard pressed to find spam in here.

I wanted to make some ground breaking scenarios and maybe one that came near to The Lost Legion in quality. I understand that it can never be beaten, but I hope Ripto was a worthwhile tribute. My maps have got bigger and more complicated every time, I just can't do these monoliths anymore.
I hope I've inspired some people with my work. I'll still be here to help people out.

Kai has also worked really hard on this, and I will release this so I haven't let him down completely. It's a shame but my age has caught up with me . I've become a wreck with little motivation for my old hobby; a depressed senile old fool. My designing career is over now. I'm sure everyone else will keep making the great modern scenarios that we all love . Thank you, and remember to keep going.

Love,
Yeebaagooon

This is just designing, I'm still posting and working here and I'm not giving up my seraphship anytime soon, so stop partying ;p.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-30-2009 @ 03:00 PM).]

posted 30 December 2009 03:02 PM EDT (US)     64 / 86  
posted 30 December 2009 03:05 PM EDT (US)     65 / 86  
This is sincere. My designing days are over.

posted 30 December 2009 03:12 PM EDT (US)     66 / 86  
No!!!It can't be! I can't say it was entirely unexpected, but still, I have been looking forward to this scenario much. Good luck with future designing (those small maps ).

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 30 December 2009 03:16 PM EDT (US)     67 / 86  
Have faith old Yeebaagooon! We'll convert the new Yeebaagooon, just as you did for us!

However, I hope your career is fun, satisfying and rewarding.
And to Kai Hirogashi, CONGRATULATIONS!
posted 30 December 2009 03:36 PM EDT (US)     68 / 86  
This is just designing, I'm still posting and working here and I'm not giving up my seraphship anytime soon, so stop partying ;p.
This sentence's my favourite, I was afraid when I read your post you were going to leave forever

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
posted 30 December 2009 04:04 PM EDT (US)     69 / 86  
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 30 December 2009 05:28 PM EDT (US)     70 / 86  
The youtube clip was amazing and totally worth the trouble making it!

posted 30 December 2009 06:23 PM EDT (US)     71 / 86  
My designing days are over.
About time.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 30 December 2009 06:54 PM EDT (US)     72 / 86  
I recall hearing that months ago ;p.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 30 December 2009 07:11 PM EDT (US)     73 / 86  
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 30 December 2009 07:14 PM EDT (US)     74 / 86  
Hey yeeb, sad to see you stop. To me, you were a great inspiration in triggering, I read your design article about how to make god powers, although I still do not understand. You did a lot of great work. I played ripto, it was pretty fun, and the humor factor of it is the most memorable, its quite difficult to come up with funny stuff. You released alot of stuff, and help around and moniter SD quite well. Thanks. Hope you come back to designing.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 30 December 2009 09:09 PM EDT (US)     75 / 86  
That's a shame but I was wondering when your life was going to catch up with you. This project looked really inspiring. It really showed your amazing talent for mixing effects together into memorable cinematics and Kai's landscaping really finished off the shine on this project.

I am honored, especially now, to have had a small hand in helping to finish Ripto.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Caverns Of Kronos - Cancelled
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: