Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Showcase: Dark Times RPG
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12  Next Page »
posted 04 December 2009 04:55 PM EDT (US)   

Winter is coming to Adelia, a city near the woods of Thraktar and protected by the mountains of Hedra.
Erie, a young boy, must take his family's supplies to his house, but the supplies are outside the city walls.
He gets ambushed by savages, and when he return to the city he finds evil rampaging through the city.
Trechery is everywhere, and you do not know who to trust.
Old secrets, that should perhaps for ever have been forgotten, are uncovered, and only Erie is able to save Adelia.

Dark Times:

This newly started map is created by Guard of Olympus and Guard of Osiris. It's a small (275x275) map, and it's to be played single player. It is RPG/ fixed force style and it's to be finished soon. The reason why we're making this map is that we wanted a group project, and now that I'm not busy with eyecandying my RPG, I can finally start on this.We will do half the eyecandy, half the triggers each. Here are some short facts:

• Realese date: April 14th
  • Current playtime: 16 minutes
  • Chapters in work: 3
  • Lag at start: 45 sek
  • Number of cinematics: 5
  • Trigger count: 114

To view this showcase please use Firefox or it'll seem to break the forum table for you! I'm hoping to find a solution as soon as possible!

Characters:

The good guys:

Erie:

Erie is a young 18 year old boy who live in Adelia with his family. He has never been outside the city walls without company, and he has to gather the family supplies as winter is coming. Bandits attacking an Adelian outpost take him and many other men hostage in the forest, but when a great forest fire is started Erie gets his chance to escape. He then joins the rebbelion, and with the help of an ancient profecy he realises that he, and only he, can save the town from the sinister purposes of the followers of evil.

Udi:

Udi is the leader of the rebbelion and a proud long-time member of the warriors guild. He has fought many battles for Adelia and he is very wise. No one has ever harmed him and rumours say he is a descendant to none other than the great warrior king Ezor that founded Adelia 600 years ago, and ruled very long. However, no one knows if any of these rumours are true...

Semit:

Semit is Udis right hand, and he gives advise to Udi. Semit is one of the very few illusionists that actually side with the city defence, so his powers are invaluable to the rebbelion. He is famous for being very fast and it is said that he once survived a meeting with no other than Sodg, the evil mage. Latley, his strantegy suggestions have failed, so question is if someone in the rebbelion is a traitor and listens to his ideas, they seem to be countered all the time.

Cauldron:

Cauldron is the rebbelions head mage and leader of Adelias school for young mages. The school had to be closed because of countinues attacks, so the mages guild gaines no more members. Cauldron is very loyal towards the rebbelion, and he does everything in his power to help it. Cauldron is trying to create a new weapon, strong enough to destroy the source of the evil beasts. However, the evil wont let him do that, so he needs protections all the time against the larger attacks on him.

The bad guys:

Dentir:

Dentir is a general of Adelia, but also a very powerfull illusionist. He's famous for beig able to hide in illusions and he was a former member of the warriors guild. He was responsible for the murder on Adelias great king, right before the first appearance of evil. What made him use his power for evil purposes is unknown but he's officialy the leader for the evil. Obviously, he's just a minion to a greater force.

Vulgan:

Vulgan is a well known politician in Adelia, and he is arguably more powerfull than the king himself. He can easily corrupt the minds of people, and not many know that he is actually both an illusionist and a mage. The power he had couldn't satisfy him, and he's prapared to do anything to become the ruler of the world. He was the one assasinating the king, and by huge sacrifises and man slaughters he has released demons from ancient times, and he wont stop until he manage to release the source of the demons powers itself.

Shar:

Shar is a summoned demon, and he has extraordinary powers. No one but Cauldron could stand a chanse in a magic duel against him, and he is also a mastermind in plotting attacks against the rebellion. He is impossible to trick, as he can read and manipulate the minds of mortals as well as beasts, Demons and even Demigods. His only weakness is his vanity, he wants to act superior and some people claims that it is possible to turn him against his leaders. But no one has found a way to do so yet...

Gabi:

Gabi is the source of evils general, summoned to Adelia. He is higher in rank than the sacrifise priest, Vulgar. He is a powerfull illusionist and can make himself totally unseeable, but more than he is a poerfull illusionist he is a powerfull warrior, that relies on brute force and being able to cause mass damage with his long trident. He will become yet even more powerfull if his master was to be ever realesed from its prison.

Features:

• Unique gameplay
  • Classes - 4 classes
  • Various missions
  • Infinite leveling
  • Bonus quests
  • Hotkeys, and lots of them
  • Respawning enemies
  • Professions, choose your profession
  • Skills - Such as smithing
  • Unique healing

• Classes

Mage:

Mages are powerful warriors using the powers of nature to gain advantage in battle. They can summon warriors, create fire or even make it rain. The mages have a very high reputation in Adelia as they create rain for the city, but when evil comes the mages split into two groups - those who aid the city in its desperate resistance against the evil, and those who side with evil.

Warrior:

The warriors guild is a proud and honourable guild in Adelia. The men in this guild have fought many battles for their city, and only the best warriors are allowed to enter. A very hard test separates the weak from the strong, and one only gets one chance to get in. When evil appears, most of the men form the so-called "rebellion", that fights against the evil and any corrupted mages/warriors.

Paladins:

The healers' guild members, the Paladins, are mages that only focus on healing. They sell healing in Adelia, and they are much respected as they save hundreds of lives every year. However, some people hate the paladins and seek to destroy them as they practise a religion unknown to other people. To enter the paladins' guild, you must have faith. When Adelia is attacked, many paladins see the chanse to eliminate their enemies, and join the evil. Very few Paladins join the rebellion.

Illusionist

These very rarely seen people use their power to confuse people, shapeshift and make things take another apperance. As many of these have been recruited by the evil, they are very dangerous and to receive their powers you have to infiltrate their secret guild. But they may be very hard to find. Before the war started they were merely thives, using their powers to confuse their victims and steal their money...

Professesions:

This scenario features an unique way to earn gold - which later on can be used for shops and bribes. You hire some men, but it costs you to pay them. Then you choose what kind of buisniss you want to create, and you can choose anything from blacksmithing to fishing. You earn gold depending on how many workers you have bought, and how good tasks you give the workers. it's recomended that you visit your store as often as possible, as it'll motivate the workers to work even better. After 24 game hours, you gain all the gold your store got during the day, and you lose gold to pay your workers. Be carefull not to ruin your buisniss, as it'll give you enemies and a bad economy. You can always buy new workers, but more experienced workers will help your buisness in a better way. You have a limit of 15 workers.

Tribes:

There are tribes of beasts living in the forests outside the city, dangerous creatures very unlike men. Some have tails, some have horns. There are three tribes living in the forest, each of them guarding a sacred peice of magic. This magic isn't strong alone, but when all these powers are united, it becomes a strong force. But the tribes continue to fight each other. Your task is to gather all three pieces of magic, as it'll give you strengh and it'll help you throughout the scenario. You do not have to attempt to take these objects from the tribes, it's an optional quest. You can also ally a tribe to recive its power, but that'll make the remaining tribes even more hostile. The magic objects are guarded, so it's recomended to try finding another way in to the temples where the items are.

Skills

Everything you do in this game will earn you skill points, which will make you better at what you do. Let's say that you find a mine, and wants to try to gather gold from it. At first, you will gather very small amounts of gold, but for every second you will gain experience, aka skillpoints. At last you'll easily gather gold. Same thing can be done with almost anything, your intellect, your arguing and your possibility to bribe guards and others...

Screenshots:

Screenshots of Demo (Will look much like the city will in the actual scenario!)

Updates:

Official Update

Now anyone can add a unit in our scenario. Just type in these four things:

1. Name of character

2. Name of protounit

3. Occupation

4. Class (Mage, Paladin, Illusionist, or Warrior)

Add your characters today!!!!!

Current progress:

_______Eyecandy progress:________________Trigger progress

More to come...

• o

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 03-14-2010 @ 09:50 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 03 February 2010 07:41 AM EDT (US)     251 / 292  
    I think we really should start to create the pack, I won't add new triggers I think as the new ones I'm doing I'll put in a separate pack so...

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
    RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
    Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
    Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
    WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
    My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    posted 03 February 2010 08:08 AM EDT (US)     252 / 292  
    So yes, create the pack. new screenies coming up sometime soon.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 03 February 2010 05:23 PM EDT (US)     253 / 292  
    I think we really should start to create the pack
    Finally.

@Guard of Olympus: So, with Guard of Osiris off the project are you planning on doing all the triggers yourself?

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
    Member of: Black Ice Studios
    ____
    |0..0|
    ||||
    posted 04 February 2010 01:46 AM EDT (US)     254 / 292  
    Yes...I think so. Only me and Osiris knew the EPIC () story.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 08 February 2010 11:23 AM EDT (US)     255 / 292  
    Ahh, this is finnaly progressing fast. Here is a screenshot of an experimental Hammer building:

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 08 February 2010 11:39 AM EDT (US)     256 / 292  
    It looks cool to me, I think you should just adjust some of them to make them more straight

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    posted 08 February 2010 11:58 AM EDT (US)     257 / 292  
    Perhaps, but it does fit the story around it, it's a monument of a god not worshipped in a long long time.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 08 February 2010 11:59 AM EDT (US)     258 / 292  
    Aaah that's ok

posted 09 February 2010 08:50 AM EDT (US)     259 / 292  
    No, it didn't work as it should have done. I'll keep trying though.

~Guard of Olympus ~

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 02-09-2010 @ 09:04 AM).]

posted 09 February 2010 10:16 PM EDT (US)     260 / 292  
    Looks pretty nice so far, Guard. Hope progress is going well. Sorry Osiris left-he was cool
    The monument looks a little goofy for some reason. I liked how you stretched the buildings though- for some reason, the houses just look better.

My heavens:

DoFH
    AoMH

"Imageshack is the tool of satan. Never use it under any circumstances."~Yeebaagooon
    Visit my first hosted competition at DoFH
    [img]http://elpea.net/hg/upload/upload/1242700941dofh3.jpg[/img]
    posted 10 February 2010 02:40 AM EDT (US)     261 / 292  
    Thank you.

Yes, I do admitt it isn't the best building ever, and I made it as an experiment, but if too many people dislike it I'll obviously remove it.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 10 February 2010 02:52 AM EDT (US)     262 / 292  
    Oh and just to clear this up for everyone, I haven't left HG, I just stopped scenario designing for AoM.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 10 February 2010 02:54 AM EDT (US)     263 / 292  
    And to not confuse anyone even more, it soesn't mean that I'll stop posting in SD.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 15 February 2010 02:35 PM EDT (US)     264 / 292  
    I can now add another feature - Using lostroz inventor system in this. It is really usefull and fits my purposes.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 15 February 2010 02:42 PM EDT (US)     265 / 292  

Did you redownload them? I found a little bug in condtion/conditional Inventory Item Count now solved, and there's an example map too as you and EXOLAR requested

posted 15 February 2010 02:43 PM EDT (US)     266 / 292  
    Ah, good good. Redownloading soon. And reviewing after that, even though I need to take my time to make a decent review.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 15 February 2010 02:58 PM EDT (US)     267 / 292  

posted 07 March 2010 10:21 AM EDT (US)     268 / 292  
    Anyway, here's a picture of an Adelian outpost:

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 07 March 2010 10:59 AM EDT (US)     269 / 292  
    1. Name of character
    Yeebaagooon
    2. Name of protounit
    Son Of Osiris XP
    3. Occupation
    Evil piratey megalomanic power-crazed assassin/backstabber, level 47
    4. Class (Mage, Paladin, Illusionist, or Warrior)
    Mage or Illusionist (don't mind)

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 07 March 2010 11:02 AM EDT (US)     270 / 292  
    So, what made you change your character? Me who had already created a cinematic for it

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 07 March 2010 03:57 PM EDT (US)     271 / 292  
    Your getting better at building merges GoO, keep it up.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
    posted 07 March 2010 04:45 PM EDT (US)     272 / 292  
    Wow. Nice building.

My heavens:

DoFH
    AoMH

"Imageshack is the tool of satan. Never use it under any circumstances."~Yeebaagooon
    Visit my first hosted competition at DoFH
    [img]http://elpea.net/hg/upload/upload/1242700941dofh3.jpg[/img]
    posted 08 March 2010 01:12 AM EDT (US)     273 / 292  
    Thanks, I'm really doing my best with eyecandy for this scenario, it has a rather unusual eyecandy style.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 14 March 2010 09:51 AM EDT (US)     274 / 292  
  • Showcase updated

I apreciate any comments and/or suggestions.

~Guard of Olympus ~
  • posted 14 March 2010 10:49 AM EDT (US)     275 / 292  
    Try some terrain mixing, from what I see there's not anything that really constitutes as standard mixing.

Additionally, try the Epic Terrain Mod for some slick terrain. Honestly, no one should SD without it.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showcase: Dark Times RPG
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: