You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I think I'm gonna leave.
posted 07 December 2009 05:36 AM EDT (US)   
I've become less attracted to Aom for quite sometime and I've stoped playing completely for a week, I don't think I want to start playing again, I'm off to play other games and try lean how to create games from C++ using tutorials from http://nehe.gamedev.net/.

---The rising of EXOLAR---

Well Its been 7 years since I talked to my dad and asked him to buy me this game. I didn't know I would play it and continue to play it for 7 years. When I was 9 (2 years after I got the game) I realised I could play with other people online and played my first game: CS_Mytheodia. I was amazed that you could make your own games so I decided to try and figure out how to do it. My second game happened to be Wilderness Survival the once very popular survival game. I learnt triggers by studying Navarone Flames map. When I was 10 I made a few games the first 3 games wern't that good but the 4th game I made was a hit, Cannibal Survival. Then ESOers started noticing who I was and that gave me a confidence boost to make some other maps.

Well anyway I most likely won't go on aom for a while and even if I do I'll probably only be there to talk to the few surviving friend of mine. But I'll still be a bit active in the forums.

My Upcoming website!
The Black Hand RPG - Revived
Join my Facebook Group :P
Nazi Zombie Verukkt sound files
Mess With The BesT DiE LiKe ThE ReST
Argh!! It's EXOLAR not xEXOLARx get it right!!
Replies:
posted 07 December 2009 08:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
Though we had our little incident, i'm really sad to see you leave pal. Though I've been having a really similar story lately, just mine wasn't with programing, i'm learning professional 3d modeling and animation. Well good luck in the future Ex, hope to see you sometime.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 07 December 2009 12:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
i haven't played aom in 1,5 month, and i'm not complaining about leaving..
posted 07 December 2009 03:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
Yes... I get the feeling that work isn't quite appreciated to its full potential on aom simply due to the smaller community. Robotentertainment better be makin' aom2...
posted 07 December 2009 03:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
Do not worry dude some way you will find a way back some how?

Good luck with your aspirations,

Best regards

|MEMORY|
posted 07 December 2009 04:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
first mephelies leaves then the leaving party starts and SOV and exolar leave and kai almost leaves!

oh well, see you around exolar.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 07 December 2009 06:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
Lol maybe Exolar can make us AOM2 using his C++ skills.

Minly time issues and such - I can do and make 3d games (basic oens) but an AOM is probably a little far...

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 12-07-2009 @ 06:06 PM).]

posted 07 December 2009 06:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
Mephelies left?

± ±‡± ø,¸¸,ø ±‡± ±
oº°”˜`”°ºo oº°”˜`”°ºo
'-.¸(O)¸.-' '-.¸(O)¸.-'
(__)
|¯|_|¯|_|¯|
posted 07 December 2009 08:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
I've just saw three of these threads type in OD. Why do we all need to know what everyone is doing? I say, respond like James Hook and make a thread telling what you are currently doing. He said he was going to bed.

Heh, but yeah, it is sad to see people leave. We want to preserve the small community of aomh, especially the oldies like nottud and invent00r, but we keep getting new people. Like I have heard, "the past is past, the present will be the future." All the new people will develop into the new great designers of today, hopefully.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 07 December 2009 09:28 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
1) I'd like to hope people think that this is a bit more interesting than James's sleep patterns

2) Last time i checked, it was the future that became the present
posted 07 December 2009 09:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
Since when did you start killing the fun and humor? I thought you were cooler than that TYH?

Edit: -- so you wont take me too seriously

Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 12-07-2009 @ 09:47 PM).]

posted 08 December 2009 04:58 AM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
Yeah sorry bout that aurora...
Lol maybe Exolar can make us AOM2 using his C++ skills.

Mainly time issues and such - I can do and make 3d games (basic oens) but an AOM is probably a little far...
What skills lol I pretty much just started, I'm trying to make a thingo where you click the exe and it comes up with a box that says "do you want to play full screen (yes/no)" and it opens the black window. It accutally requires quite a bit of programming ...

I'm 14 right now and next year I'm doing game programing which I would probably only use gamemaker. But maby after a few years I'll get good and try to make LAN or Multiplayer games.

My dad is a Mining consoltant and he has been programing for over 20 years, he has made some games entirely outta C and he has made toppos with WRML, and hes been really supportive with me learning programming.

and nick I'm sorry but I'm not like you, you may have not played for month and a half but I feel like I'm done with aom.

My Upcoming website!

[This message has been edited by xEXOLARx (edited 12-08-2009 @ 05:03 AM).]

posted 08 December 2009 06:07 AM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
You're fairly young to start programming.. Such high goals too. Get back to us on any progress, though.

You're incredibly brave for tackling c++ first. I don't even want to touch that and I've got some programming experience. Then again I have no motivation, you do. Go figure.
I say, respond like James Hook and make a thread telling what you are currently doing. He said he was going to bed.
Oh come on if you're going to rag on James Hook at least have a legitimate reason. It was a fad thread paroding Kahotep's leaving thread. Any fad thread spawned from Kahotep is pure gold and possibly involves african women in an erotic matter.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 08 December 2009 07:40 AM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
I haven't played a single campaign/random map/multiplayer battle since about a year.

EXOLAR@Too bad you leave, bye.

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
posted 08 December 2009 07:05 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
Wasnt ragging on james. It was cool, I was laughing hard when i saw his thread. It was genious.

posted 09 December 2009 01:01 AM EDT (US)     15 / 23  
I'm 14 right now and next year I'm doing game programing
HI-FIVE! I am starting programming next year too. I am 14 until January .

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 09 December 2009 01:56 AM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
but I feel like I'm done with aom.
Aww, to bad.
Good Luck and Have Fun ! I'll miss ya :$
posted 09 December 2009 04:18 AM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
I'll miss you Exolar. Good luck!

xxxxxx

DeviantArt | Me | Liquid Fire

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

posted 09 December 2009 07:16 AM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
Goodbye Exolar and goodluck.

If you're looking to get into C++ programming and games development you might want to download Visual Studios C++ 2008 Express Edition and get The Game Creators' Game Development Kit(GDK)

Another game development tool/editor you might want to look at is the Unreal Development Kit based on Unreal Engine 3, which will allow you to make stand alone games (rather than levels for existing games).

An alternative/additional language to learn is Lua. Lua is a relatively easy language to learn and is used in games such as Dawn of Fantasy and World of Warcraft.
posted 09 December 2009 07:42 AM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
yeah I'll miss you guys too but dont worry I'll stay in touch :P

My Upcoming website!
posted 09 December 2009 03:49 PM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
k.

Lol I left over a year ago, but I'm still posting here and I pull AOM out every now and then. Also- I didn't really dramatize my departure, why should you?

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
._..........)..\__________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
.............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
............(@
(¯`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.´¯)
posted 09 December 2009 04:47 PM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
k.

Lol I left over a year ago, but I'm still posting here and I pull AOM out every now and then. Also- I didn't really dramatize my departure, why should you?
Just you letting out one little fart makes enough drama around here MatoR, haha :P

Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.
posted 09 December 2009 07:23 PM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
It's hard to abandon this place. Even though I get bored of AoM, it's just a part of the annual mood-cycle. I believe that apply for most of the dedicated scenario designers here.

posted 12 December 2009 05:56 PM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
I joined this place around, what, 5 years ago. I only design on occasion now (The Two Towers has indeed been in development for very long), but I still stick around. It's always cool to see new people, especially those with designing ambitions, join and show off their creativity. I'm still waiting for a game, similar to AoM, with an editor that has as much room for creativity as the one in this game. Maybe you can stay for just a bit longer and watch the release of the next chapter of Legends of Middle-earth (formerly known as Legends of the Third Age)?

• Me = Guardian of Isis/The God of Gods.
  • All my projects are Kronos' Revenge (DL), Dark City (DL), Legends of the Third Age (FotR) | (TTT: 99%) | (RotK: On hold).
  • Check my Site and Guestbook.

MEMBER OF LIQUID FIRE STUDIOS
  • Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » I think I'm gonna leave.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames