You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Continuous Screenshot Competition 6 - the theme is: Inception
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
posted 08 October 2011 11:12 AM EDT (US)   

Nostalgia

Last Winner: Elrich
Submit your entries before the 9th. Voting will take place during the following few days.
Results will be announced after voting is over.
Hosted by Black Euroqueb
Current Entries
Sacrifice - Ghostoo
**warning sensitive image**
Quick! The weakest one! - Zenophobia Home of the Brave - godpower97 Too Late - perpetual_n00b Strangulation - Eurotool
[Protocol '"http' for image URL not supported.]

_____ About _____

The Continuous Screenshot Competition is stolen from AoKH, where it has been active and used for a very long time. It is to promote screenshots, and also to just have fun looking at and making the scenery. Each time there will be a theme in which the screenshot should fit, the winner of last theme is allowed to pick the new one. If a winner wins for the second time in a row, the number 2 is allowed to pick the theme. This thread is its sixth installment, and you might be wondering why we need a new thread. This is because of thread corruption: The more posts a thread gets (over 2500), the more likely it is to corrupt, and I think it would be a big waste if we lost all the links to screenshots from the previous threads.

_____ The Rules _____

Entering a screenshot
  • You may enter only one screenshot per category ;
  • You may use modding for your screenshots ;
  • You can use both AoM (Vanilla) or AoM: TT (Chocolate) ;
  • You can't modify (photoshopping) your screenshot, except for cropping and adding text, borders and logos ;
  • You may modify (with AoM) your shot after posting it. It must be similar. You can only repost it once ;
  • You are not allowed to make screenshots from maps created before the competition ;
  • You can't make your screenshot before the beginning of the current competition ;
  • The previous winner can compete in the competition he/she set the theme for.
Voting for a screenshot
  • You may vote only one time per competition ;
  • You may vote for a single screenshot ;
  • The previous winner can vote for a screenshot ;
  • Current contestants can vote for someone else's screenshot ;
  • You cannot vote for your own screenshot.
After voting
  • The contestant that has the most votes wins the current category ;
  • The winner may pick a theme for the new one, he/she can also add an extra restriction ;
  • Until further notice, previous categories may be used ;
  • If same person wins in twice in a row (or more times), the runner-up may pick the new theme.
Other rules/notices
  • No flaming, but constructive comments are allowed ;
  • Please do not suggest themes for the winner ;
  • Users that constantly vote against contestants for fractious reasons will lose the right to vote for the following category.
Winners from earlier roundsAll previous winners have been uploaded to the gallery here.You can also find a sub-album for first place entrants.

_____ Taking And Hosting Your Screenshot _____

You can make screenshots with the following methods:
  • (Editor) Go in File > Screenshot, and click on Hide Interface and Cursor ; this will leave a stamp of the AoM logo and date. This proves the authenticity of your screenshot. The screenshot will be located in \Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Titans) or %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Vanilla).
  • (Editor) Press "H" on you keyboard, and take the shot by hitting Ctrl+F12. The screenshot will be located in %UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Titans) or %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Vanilla).
  • (Editor/In-game cinematics) Hit the PrintScreen key. Your screenshot will be located in your clipboard. Paste it in a program like Paint or Photoshop. Be careful : this method makes you lose a little bit of your screenshot's quality.
  • Take a look at Mephiles' guide on how to take a screenshot.
You can host your shots at:
Image hosters that DO NOT require REGISTRATIONImage hosters that DO require REGISTRATION
http://imageshack.ushttp://photobucket.com
http://imgur.comhttp://www.flickr.com
http://tinypic.com

_____ Additional Notes _____

CSC 1 - CSC 2 - CSC 3 - CSC 4 - CSC 5 - CSC 6
AoKH - AoEH
Lets hope for a fun and fair competition, and good luck to all entries. Your host, Black Euroqueb

_____ Gadgets _____

Here is a list of previous themes:
Thread 1
Living on the edge | Wings | Perilous escapades | Apocalypse | Love | Survival of the fittest | Fire | Wind | A sudden ending | War | Abandoned | Spring forward | After death | Pranks | Surprise, surprise | I spy | Global warming? | Aom toons | Domestic life | Ten years in heaven | I'm rich | Nile river | Harry potter and the magical world | Administration and bureaucracy | Giant world | Life on the farm | Bar brawl | Natural distaster | Winter wonderland | Amusement park | Under da seas | Light vs dark | Remembrance | Moonlighten twilight
Thread 2
War of the world | Happiness | North pole | Hunger | Just a fraction too late | Picture perfect | Famous place | Laziness | Hawaii | Luck | Ides of march | Women | A grand palace | Indiana Jones
Thread 3
Beauty of nature | Famous movie theme | That wasn't the plan | Ambush | AoMH | Fairytale | Siege at the gate| Ancient Temple | Frustration | Parade | Departure | ...Do I know you? | Silence | Sins of men | Into the rain,mist and moonlight | The Big Bang | Last Words | Where's Wally/Waldo? | Greek Myth | Wasn't me... | Christmas | Barbie and Friends | Brighty is awesome | Super Heroes in action | Caught in the storm | The Abyss | Help | *Facepalm* | City Of Light | Into the Midnight Flame which lights up the forest | BILBO'S GRAND DAY OUT or GIMLI GOES CLUBBING DOWNTOWN | Age of Mythology Gone Mad | Haunted | Voyage
Thread 4
The March | High into the clouds | Betrayal | Stand strong men! | TROJANHORSEFORSALE | Uniqueness | Predators of the Deep | The Summoning | Forgotten Ruins | ...when the sand begins to whisper | Dreams | Home | Buried | 100 | Where am I? | Amazon | Stargate | In the mountains | Iceworld | India | Exploration | Winter Sports | Parallel Dimensions | Alexander the Great | Teenage Angst | Animal Farm | Famous Painting | Overwhelming Odds | Corridors of time | Better an honest enemy than a false friend | WRome | Yeebaagooon | At the wrong place, at the wrong time | Chickens | Vacation | I don't get it | Abstract Art | Amenta: The Egyptian Underworld | Anything | Dark Present, Bright Future | Winter | Occultism | Regret | The Call of Cthulhu | Post Apocalypse | Monty Python | World Domination | The Majic Dodo | To Serve Man | Bigfoot | Mountain | Cursed | Britain | The New World | Beard, beard and more beard | Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow | Death | Hero | Abyss
Thread 5
Brand new day | Desire | The Meaning of Life | Oh Shit... | Spaceships | Rainbawz | Rage | Jurassic | Pain | Polaris | Rome | Lost | The Departed | Executing The Plan | Bowling | Longevity | Cartoons | Germany | Stew | The Long Road Home | Stickability
Thread 6
A Place of Learning | A Second Chance | The Hunt | Dragon Slaying | Nirvana | Music | Improvement
Blast from the past:
Oh, the places you'll go! by HailToTheOboe
Featured Video by OneCoreAoM

Continuous Cinematic Competition Entry - Farewell, City of the Sea by Hailtotheoboe and Elrich
Hailtotheoboe's and Elrich's entries into the CCC competition combined into one video to Lux Aurumque written by Eric Whitacre performed by the Ottowa Wind Ensemble (Hail on the oboe).
TOP TIP

Brighty is cool ❞ Brightpup (ChaosRobie)

[This message has been edited by Black Euroqueb (edited 07-08-2014 @ 12:35 PM).]

Replies:
posted 16 November 2011 09:22 PM EDT (US)     126 / 553  
The hunt for humans

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 17 November 2011 10:47 AM EDT (US)     127 / 553  
You forgot "Part II"

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 17 November 2011 07:21 PM EDT (US)     128 / 553  
Murky Hunt

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 18 November 2011 08:56 AM EDT (US)     129 / 553  
Nice shot Elrich, you should be given some special powers to change titles and the like.

Oh wow I just realized the purple makes a face.

[This message has been edited by scragins (edited 11-18-2011 @ 08:57 AM).]

posted 18 November 2011 09:32 AM EDT (US)     130 / 553  
That was my Hocus Pocus shot a couple of years ago. Zeno's just reminded me of it and yeah the face in the sky is a nice touch. The eye on the left is just a bit messy, that's all.

Nice shot, Euro. It's too bad AOM's trees are so geometric casting straight lined shadows.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 18 November 2011 06:50 PM EDT (US)     131 / 553  
It's too bad AOM's trees are so geometric casting straight lined shadows.
Yeah
I tried to overlap them to make a kind of circle, but the result was even weirder...

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 18 November 2011 06:59 PM EDT (US)     132 / 553  
that's still a really nice shot, Euro.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 19 November 2011 08:48 PM EDT (US)     133 / 553  
It's the first time there's such many entries in the competition for a few months !

Please start voting !

Current Entries

Marauder1221 - The Kalydonian Boar Hunt
perpetual_n00b - The Huntress
Zenophobia - The hunt for humans
Black Euroqueb - Murky Hunt
-

Voting closes in 2 days. The winner will be declared on the 21st.

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 19 November 2011 10:46 PM EDT (US)     134 / 553  
Black Euroqueb

Hard choice, but the classicness of this shot won out.
posted 20 November 2011 12:06 PM EDT (US)     135 / 553  
Euro

Zenophobia was close but definitely Euro.
posted 20 November 2011 12:51 PM EDT (US)     136 / 553  
Euro

That are all cool pics. Zenos background is a cool touch. What is it? But imo the pic is way too plain.

Uruk-Hai, Skeleton Warriors, Green horde, Khorne Berserker, Dwarfs
Attention!>Wrong english grammar are special effects and wanted from my keyboard<Attention!

The more there is to hide, the more there's to uncover.
So welcome to the other side.
This trip here is hell...

[This message has been edited by Zaphragor (edited 11-20-2011 @ 01:05 PM).]

posted 20 November 2011 04:40 PM EDT (US)     137 / 553  
Tis a hard one...

Vote: Euro

however if it was on who has improved most in 6 months it is definately Marauder... that is clearly the best of your shots but sadly, Euro, Zenophobia are all the next step ahead, so you are getting closer to their level in my opinion :P

Of course I am not there quite yet either :P

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 21 November 2011 02:21 AM EDT (US)     138 / 553  
Vote: Zeno
posted 21 November 2011 05:28 AM EDT (US)     139 / 553  
I like both Euro's and Marauder's shot. But Euro's one looks just a tad better.

Vote: Euro

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 21 November 2011 07:32 PM EDT (US)     140 / 553  
however if it was on who has improved most in 6 months it is definately Marauder...
Thanks man! I would've done better if I had more time. I don't like the Atalanta in my shot though. If only there was a better attack animation....
Personally, I love Euro's shot, just because it's a nice classic movie type shot. Zeno's is awesome as well, just because of that Kronny birth thing. Looks awesome.

I'm the he he ha ha hilarious Entertainer and Scenario Designer of Mythic Studios:Mythic StudiosYou better laugh at my jokes...
Expert n00b to modding alert!!!
Where's the beef!?!?!?
Silly Songs with Larry The Water Buffalo Song
Ain't No Mountain High Enough!
Like Fallout 3? Join my forum!Fallout 3 New Vegas
posted 22 November 2011 06:52 PM EDT (US)     141 / 553  
Thanks to all voters and contestants !

All your shots will be added to the Screenshots gallery.

The Hunt winner : Black Euroqueb

Murky Hunt

1st place : Black Euroqueb (5 votes)
2nd place : Zenophobia (1 vote)
3rd place : Marauder1221, perpetual_n00b (0 vote)

Theme : Dragon Slaying

PS : I'll make a table and a background for the "win" post soon

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 22 November 2011 11:00 PM EDT (US)     142 / 553  
Theme : Dragon Slaying
Someone's been playing Skyrim?

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
posted 23 November 2011 00:34 AM EDT (US)     143 / 553  
I have a brillant idea, if I can do it is a different question.
posted 23 November 2011 08:03 AM EDT (US)     144 / 553  
Man when I played that, I freaked out when I saw the first Dragon. I wanted to see how far I'd get with just the first weapon you get. I shoudl've gotten better ones.

EDIT: Here's My Entry: IDK A Name

I'm the he he ha ha hilarious Entertainer and Scenario Designer of Mythic Studios:Mythic StudiosYou better laugh at my jokes...
Where's the beef!?!?!?

[This message has been edited by Marauder1221 (edited 11-23-2011 @ 08:33 AM).]

posted 23 November 2011 08:56 PM EDT (US)     145 / 553  
Brighty

Very cool shot Marauder, but be careful with the stars, they stop within a rectangle shape

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 23 November 2011 10:19 PM EDT (US)     146 / 553  
I want to play Skyrim, but I can't. Not because my computer can't handle it (my comp is was a monster), but because my copy of the game makes the entire system crash. Great fun. Besides, my desktop is at my friends place now, and that's about 100 km from my "college". Also, right now I'm on my Macbook Pro, which doesn't have a single heavengame. I have such a great concept for this theme in my head right now but nooooooo. Bad luck and timing I guess.

posted 24 November 2011 08:04 AM EDT (US)     147 / 553  
Very cool shot Marauder, but be careful with the stars, they stop within a rectangle shape
That shoud be the top tip! "Be careful with stars. They stop within a rectangle shape" lol

But yeah, that was a problem I couldn't fix. I made the terrain as low as I could go, and the back drop as high as possible. I still couldn't fix it

Where's the beef!?!?!?
posted 24 November 2011 08:25 AM EDT (US)     148 / 553  
@Marauder: Love the smoke in that shot, in the way that it changes shape and color and doesn't look like typical AoM smoke (flat and single-colored). What did you use to get it that way? Just different smoke types or Misc Stairs or something like that?

posted 24 November 2011 10:46 AM EDT (US)     149 / 553  
Here is my entry. It's called "Indecision." Haha.
posted 24 November 2011 05:51 PM EDT (US)     150 / 553  
I like your cove

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Continuous Screenshot Competition 6 - the theme is: Inception
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames