You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Continuous Screenshot Competition 6 - the theme is: Inception
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
posted 08 October 2011 11:12 AM EDT (US)   

Nostalgia

Last Winner: Elrich
Submit your entries before the 9th. Voting will take place during the following few days.
Results will be announced after voting is over.
Hosted by Black Euroqueb
Current Entries
Sacrifice - Ghostoo
**warning sensitive image**
Quick! The weakest one! - Zenophobia Home of the Brave - godpower97 Too Late - perpetual_n00b Strangulation - Eurotool
[Protocol '"http' for image URL not supported.]

_____ About _____

The Continuous Screenshot Competition is stolen from AoKH, where it has been active and used for a very long time. It is to promote screenshots, and also to just have fun looking at and making the scenery. Each time there will be a theme in which the screenshot should fit, the winner of last theme is allowed to pick the new one. If a winner wins for the second time in a row, the number 2 is allowed to pick the theme. This thread is its sixth installment, and you might be wondering why we need a new thread. This is because of thread corruption: The more posts a thread gets (over 2500), the more likely it is to corrupt, and I think it would be a big waste if we lost all the links to screenshots from the previous threads.

_____ The Rules _____

Entering a screenshot
  • You may enter only one screenshot per category ;
  • You may use modding for your screenshots ;
  • You can use both AoM (Vanilla) or AoM: TT (Chocolate) ;
  • You can't modify (photoshopping) your screenshot, except for cropping and adding text, borders and logos ;
  • You may modify (with AoM) your shot after posting it. It must be similar. You can only repost it once ;
  • You are not allowed to make screenshots from maps created before the competition ;
  • You can't make your screenshot before the beginning of the current competition ;
  • The previous winner can compete in the competition he/she set the theme for.
Voting for a screenshot
  • You may vote only one time per competition ;
  • You may vote for a single screenshot ;
  • The previous winner can vote for a screenshot ;
  • Current contestants can vote for someone else's screenshot ;
  • You cannot vote for your own screenshot.
After voting
  • The contestant that has the most votes wins the current category ;
  • The winner may pick a theme for the new one, he/she can also add an extra restriction ;
  • Until further notice, previous categories may be used ;
  • If same person wins in twice in a row (or more times), the runner-up may pick the new theme.
Other rules/notices
  • No flaming, but constructive comments are allowed ;
  • Please do not suggest themes for the winner ;
  • Users that constantly vote against contestants for fractious reasons will lose the right to vote for the following category.
Winners from earlier roundsAll previous winners have been uploaded to the gallery here.You can also find a sub-album for first place entrants.

_____ Taking And Hosting Your Screenshot _____

You can make screenshots with the following methods:
  • (Editor) Go in File > Screenshot, and click on Hide Interface and Cursor ; this will leave a stamp of the AoM logo and date. This proves the authenticity of your screenshot. The screenshot will be located in \Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Titans) or %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Vanilla).
  • (Editor) Press "H" on you keyboard, and take the shot by hitting Ctrl+F12. The screenshot will be located in %UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Titans) or %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Vanilla).
  • (Editor/In-game cinematics) Hit the PrintScreen key. Your screenshot will be located in your clipboard. Paste it in a program like Paint or Photoshop. Be careful : this method makes you lose a little bit of your screenshot's quality.
  • Take a look at Mephiles' guide on how to take a screenshot.
You can host your shots at:
Image hosters that DO NOT require REGISTRATIONImage hosters that DO require REGISTRATION
http://imageshack.ushttp://photobucket.com
http://imgur.comhttp://www.flickr.com
http://tinypic.com

_____ Additional Notes _____

CSC 1 - CSC 2 - CSC 3 - CSC 4 - CSC 5 - CSC 6
AoKH - AoEH
Lets hope for a fun and fair competition, and good luck to all entries. Your host, Black Euroqueb

_____ Gadgets _____

Here is a list of previous themes:
Thread 1
Living on the edge | Wings | Perilous escapades | Apocalypse | Love | Survival of the fittest | Fire | Wind | A sudden ending | War | Abandoned | Spring forward | After death | Pranks | Surprise, surprise | I spy | Global warming? | Aom toons | Domestic life | Ten years in heaven | I'm rich | Nile river | Harry potter and the magical world | Administration and bureaucracy | Giant world | Life on the farm | Bar brawl | Natural distaster | Winter wonderland | Amusement park | Under da seas | Light vs dark | Remembrance | Moonlighten twilight
Thread 2
War of the world | Happiness | North pole | Hunger | Just a fraction too late | Picture perfect | Famous place | Laziness | Hawaii | Luck | Ides of march | Women | A grand palace | Indiana Jones
Thread 3
Beauty of nature | Famous movie theme | That wasn't the plan | Ambush | AoMH | Fairytale | Siege at the gate| Ancient Temple | Frustration | Parade | Departure | ...Do I know you? | Silence | Sins of men | Into the rain,mist and moonlight | The Big Bang | Last Words | Where's Wally/Waldo? | Greek Myth | Wasn't me... | Christmas | Barbie and Friends | Brighty is awesome | Super Heroes in action | Caught in the storm | The Abyss | Help | *Facepalm* | City Of Light | Into the Midnight Flame which lights up the forest | BILBO'S GRAND DAY OUT or GIMLI GOES CLUBBING DOWNTOWN | Age of Mythology Gone Mad | Haunted | Voyage
Thread 4
The March | High into the clouds | Betrayal | Stand strong men! | TROJANHORSEFORSALE | Uniqueness | Predators of the Deep | The Summoning | Forgotten Ruins | ...when the sand begins to whisper | Dreams | Home | Buried | 100 | Where am I? | Amazon | Stargate | In the mountains | Iceworld | India | Exploration | Winter Sports | Parallel Dimensions | Alexander the Great | Teenage Angst | Animal Farm | Famous Painting | Overwhelming Odds | Corridors of time | Better an honest enemy than a false friend | WRome | Yeebaagooon | At the wrong place, at the wrong time | Chickens | Vacation | I don't get it | Abstract Art | Amenta: The Egyptian Underworld | Anything | Dark Present, Bright Future | Winter | Occultism | Regret | The Call of Cthulhu | Post Apocalypse | Monty Python | World Domination | The Majic Dodo | To Serve Man | Bigfoot | Mountain | Cursed | Britain | The New World | Beard, beard and more beard | Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow | Death | Hero | Abyss
Thread 5
Brand new day | Desire | The Meaning of Life | Oh Shit... | Spaceships | Rainbawz | Rage | Jurassic | Pain | Polaris | Rome | Lost | The Departed | Executing The Plan | Bowling | Longevity | Cartoons | Germany | Stew | The Long Road Home | Stickability
Thread 6
A Place of Learning | A Second Chance | The Hunt | Dragon Slaying | Nirvana | Music | Improvement
Blast from the past:
Oh, the places you'll go! by HailToTheOboe
Featured Video by OneCoreAoM

Continuous Cinematic Competition Entry - Farewell, City of the Sea by Hailtotheoboe and Elrich
Hailtotheoboe's and Elrich's entries into the CCC competition combined into one video to Lux Aurumque written by Eric Whitacre performed by the Ottowa Wind Ensemble (Hail on the oboe).
TOP TIP

Brighty is cool ❞ Brightpup (ChaosRobie)

[This message has been edited by Black Euroqueb (edited 07-08-2014 @ 12:35 PM).]

Replies:
posted 13 December 2011 11:23 PM EDT (US)     276 / 553  
Cool drawing! I'm an artist too (at least by night ). My stuff deals with abstract pointillism. I use Faber-Castell pens. Check it out. I've tried partial realism too.

Interesting shot Euro! I get the silhouette.
posted 13 December 2011 11:28 PM EDT (US)     277 / 553  
Anraheir, that's really interesting artwork you got there! And yeah, I tend to use Faber Castelle too. Quality at an affordable price.

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
posted 13 December 2011 11:35 PM EDT (US)     278 / 553  
I use Faber-Castell pens
Quality at an affordable price.
Me too ! But... affordable ? My simple mine pen was 50 bucks instead of 1 for normal pens
Interesting shot Euro! I get the silhouette.
Thanks !

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 13 December 2011 11:40 PM EDT (US)     279 / 553  
I know right! My box went for like $ 95 - and that was a bargain. However, I only have to get about two boxes for one year so it's not too bad...
posted 13 December 2011 11:46 PM EDT (US)     280 / 553  
I'm not really a pencil brand-expert, but I've seen many pencils that are much pricier. And I don't think Faber's quality can be matched in that price range.

posted 13 December 2011 11:50 PM EDT (US)     281 / 553  
Hmph, I know my father has some featherpens at 300$, but those are quite rare... I would say Montblanc has the best quality of pen.

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 14 December 2011 09:33 PM EDT (US)     282 / 553  
Tough competition here...

Euro has a screenie with more effort put into it (To get that effect anyway...)

Anarheim has some very damn good use of lighting!

GodPower has gone for a very different pic, only thing is you should have made the image thinner in my opinion :P

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 14 December 2011 11:14 PM EDT (US)     283 / 553  
Voting time eh? Time flies.
posted 14 December 2011 11:19 PM EDT (US)     284 / 553  
I usually give 12 extra hours for Russians and NZers to post entries.

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 14 December 2011 11:47 PM EDT (US)     285 / 553  
This is the toughest competition I've seen in CSC.
posted 15 December 2011 11:57 AM EDT (US)     286 / 553  
You sir need to see when Yeeb was around :P

Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 15 December 2011 12:56 PM EDT (US)     287 / 553  
Toughest competition would be between HailToTheOboe, SwordOfValor, Lupus, Elrich, Relicradar, The Vandhaal, Brighty and Nightfever.

posted 15 December 2011 02:39 PM EDT (US)     288 / 553  
posted 15 December 2011 02:47 PM EDT (US)     289 / 553  
@Thobus There are a fair few oldies that aren't really recognized, although at their best Yeebaagooon and Out Reach would be able to do well in that group.

The_Vandhaal has also re-opened his forums :P

posted 15 December 2011 05:50 PM EDT (US)     290 / 553  

Please start voting !

Current Entries

godpower97 - Peace
Anraheir - Nirvana Dawns
Black Euroqueb - Buddha
-
-

Voting closes in 3 days. The winner will be declared on the 18th.

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 15 December 2011 07:33 PM EDT (US)     291 / 553  
@BSU - I can't imagine it being very hard to check the Screenshot Gallery to see. And yeah, Yeebaagooon would most certainly fit in that group though as you said, at his best. Reach's shots I don't know much about, will check out.
But that list is made up of the elites in screenshot making, and especially Hail, Vandhaal and Lupus are amazing artists.

Not to discourage screenshot artist today though, some really great shots has been made lately, and more and more promising talents show up, like the one in my vote:

Anraheir

posted 19 December 2011 01:00 PM EDT (US)     292 / 553  
When does voting end?
posted 19 December 2011 05:44 PM EDT (US)     293 / 553  
After the voters' number will be bigger than contestants'.

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 19 December 2011 05:47 PM EDT (US)     294 / 553  
Vote: Anarheim

posted 19 December 2011 07:14 PM EDT (US)     295 / 553  
Vote: Euro, whenever I think of Nirvana I picture this: but that Buddha one is close enough.

I'm the he he ha ha hilarious Entertainer and Scenario Designer of Mythic Studios:Mythic StudiosYou better laugh at my jokes...
Expert n00b to modding alert!!!
Where's the beef!?!?!?
Silly Songs with Larry The Water Buffalo Song
Ain't No Mountain High Enough!
Like Fallout 3? Join my forum!Fallout 3 New Vegas
posted 19 December 2011 07:32 PM EDT (US)     296 / 553  
Thanks to all voters ! You can now congratulate the winner.

All your shots will be added to the Screenshots gallery.

Nirvana winner : Anraheir

Nirvana Dawns

1st place : Anraheir (2 votes)
2nd place : Black Euroqueb (1 vote)
3rd place : godpower97 (0 vote)

New theme : Music

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ

[This message has been edited by Black Euroqueb (edited 12-19-2011 @ 07:34 PM).]

posted 20 December 2011 07:03 PM EDT (US)     297 / 553  
The hell...
For god's sake people. Nobody wants to do music. Next time someone wins, choose something INTERESTING.
Like maybe haunted forests or perhaps sea monsters. I don't know but something that people would want to enter.
posted 20 December 2011 07:25 PM EDT (US)     298 / 553  
For god's sake people. Nobody wants to do music. Next time someone wins, choose something INTERESTING.
What the hell ? You're too young to know what's a CSC theme. Go noob another thread than CSC. I was going to say something else, but for another time I spared you the details.

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 20 December 2011 07:29 PM EDT (US)     299 / 553  
The more challenging the theme is the better the outcome. That is generally how it works.

Youbar, stop criticizing the community. We have been here longer and know more about how one another work with what themes.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 20 December 2011 07:43 PM EDT (US)     300 / 553  
Can agree that the theme might be a little old or unimaginative, but hey it's up to us to make the best out of it!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Continuous Screenshot Competition 6 - the theme is: Inception
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames