You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Continuous Screenshot Competition 6 - the theme is: Inception
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
posted 08 October 2011 11:12 AM EDT (US)   

Nostalgia

Last Winner: Elrich
Submit your entries before the 9th. Voting will take place during the following few days.
Results will be announced after voting is over.
Hosted by Black Euroqueb
Current Entries
Sacrifice - Ghostoo
**warning sensitive image**
Quick! The weakest one! - Zenophobia Home of the Brave - godpower97 Too Late - perpetual_n00b Strangulation - Eurotool
[Protocol '"http' for image URL not supported.]

_____ About _____

The Continuous Screenshot Competition is stolen from AoKH, where it has been active and used for a very long time. It is to promote screenshots, and also to just have fun looking at and making the scenery. Each time there will be a theme in which the screenshot should fit, the winner of last theme is allowed to pick the new one. If a winner wins for the second time in a row, the number 2 is allowed to pick the theme. This thread is its sixth installment, and you might be wondering why we need a new thread. This is because of thread corruption: The more posts a thread gets (over 2500), the more likely it is to corrupt, and I think it would be a big waste if we lost all the links to screenshots from the previous threads.

_____ The Rules _____

Entering a screenshot
  • You may enter only one screenshot per category ;
  • You may use modding for your screenshots ;
  • You can use both AoM (Vanilla) or AoM: TT (Chocolate) ;
  • You can't modify (photoshopping) your screenshot, except for cropping and adding text, borders and logos ;
  • You may modify (with AoM) your shot after posting it. It must be similar. You can only repost it once ;
  • You are not allowed to make screenshots from maps created before the competition ;
  • You can't make your screenshot before the beginning of the current competition ;
  • The previous winner can compete in the competition he/she set the theme for.
Voting for a screenshot
  • You may vote only one time per competition ;
  • You may vote for a single screenshot ;
  • The previous winner can vote for a screenshot ;
  • Current contestants can vote for someone else's screenshot ;
  • You cannot vote for your own screenshot.
After voting
  • The contestant that has the most votes wins the current category ;
  • The winner may pick a theme for the new one, he/she can also add an extra restriction ;
  • Until further notice, previous categories may be used ;
  • If same person wins in twice in a row (or more times), the runner-up may pick the new theme.
Other rules/notices
  • No flaming, but constructive comments are allowed ;
  • Please do not suggest themes for the winner ;
  • Users that constantly vote against contestants for fractious reasons will lose the right to vote for the following category.
Winners from earlier roundsAll previous winners have been uploaded to the gallery here.You can also find a sub-album for first place entrants.

_____ Taking And Hosting Your Screenshot _____

You can make screenshots with the following methods:
  • (Editor) Go in File > Screenshot, and click on Hide Interface and Cursor ; this will leave a stamp of the AoM logo and date. This proves the authenticity of your screenshot. The screenshot will be located in \Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Titans) or %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Vanilla).
  • (Editor) Press "H" on you keyboard, and take the shot by hitting Ctrl+F12. The screenshot will be located in %UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Titans) or %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Vanilla).
  • (Editor/In-game cinematics) Hit the PrintScreen key. Your screenshot will be located in your clipboard. Paste it in a program like Paint or Photoshop. Be careful : this method makes you lose a little bit of your screenshot's quality.
  • Take a look at Mephiles' guide on how to take a screenshot.
You can host your shots at:
Image hosters that DO NOT require REGISTRATIONImage hosters that DO require REGISTRATION
http://imageshack.ushttp://photobucket.com
http://imgur.comhttp://www.flickr.com
http://tinypic.com

_____ Additional Notes _____

CSC 1 - CSC 2 - CSC 3 - CSC 4 - CSC 5 - CSC 6
AoKH - AoEH
Lets hope for a fun and fair competition, and good luck to all entries. Your host, Black Euroqueb

_____ Gadgets _____

Here is a list of previous themes:
Thread 1
Living on the edge | Wings | Perilous escapades | Apocalypse | Love | Survival of the fittest | Fire | Wind | A sudden ending | War | Abandoned | Spring forward | After death | Pranks | Surprise, surprise | I spy | Global warming? | Aom toons | Domestic life | Ten years in heaven | I'm rich | Nile river | Harry potter and the magical world | Administration and bureaucracy | Giant world | Life on the farm | Bar brawl | Natural distaster | Winter wonderland | Amusement park | Under da seas | Light vs dark | Remembrance | Moonlighten twilight
Thread 2
War of the world | Happiness | North pole | Hunger | Just a fraction too late | Picture perfect | Famous place | Laziness | Hawaii | Luck | Ides of march | Women | A grand palace | Indiana Jones
Thread 3
Beauty of nature | Famous movie theme | That wasn't the plan | Ambush | AoMH | Fairytale | Siege at the gate| Ancient Temple | Frustration | Parade | Departure | ...Do I know you? | Silence | Sins of men | Into the rain,mist and moonlight | The Big Bang | Last Words | Where's Wally/Waldo? | Greek Myth | Wasn't me... | Christmas | Barbie and Friends | Brighty is awesome | Super Heroes in action | Caught in the storm | The Abyss | Help | *Facepalm* | City Of Light | Into the Midnight Flame which lights up the forest | BILBO'S GRAND DAY OUT or GIMLI GOES CLUBBING DOWNTOWN | Age of Mythology Gone Mad | Haunted | Voyage
Thread 4
The March | High into the clouds | Betrayal | Stand strong men! | TROJANHORSEFORSALE | Uniqueness | Predators of the Deep | The Summoning | Forgotten Ruins | ...when the sand begins to whisper | Dreams | Home | Buried | 100 | Where am I? | Amazon | Stargate | In the mountains | Iceworld | India | Exploration | Winter Sports | Parallel Dimensions | Alexander the Great | Teenage Angst | Animal Farm | Famous Painting | Overwhelming Odds | Corridors of time | Better an honest enemy than a false friend | WRome | Yeebaagooon | At the wrong place, at the wrong time | Chickens | Vacation | I don't get it | Abstract Art | Amenta: The Egyptian Underworld | Anything | Dark Present, Bright Future | Winter | Occultism | Regret | The Call of Cthulhu | Post Apocalypse | Monty Python | World Domination | The Majic Dodo | To Serve Man | Bigfoot | Mountain | Cursed | Britain | The New World | Beard, beard and more beard | Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow | Death | Hero | Abyss
Thread 5
Brand new day | Desire | The Meaning of Life | Oh Shit... | Spaceships | Rainbawz | Rage | Jurassic | Pain | Polaris | Rome | Lost | The Departed | Executing The Plan | Bowling | Longevity | Cartoons | Germany | Stew | The Long Road Home | Stickability
Thread 6
A Place of Learning | A Second Chance | The Hunt | Dragon Slaying | Nirvana | Music | Improvement
Blast from the past:
Oh, the places you'll go! by HailToTheOboe
Featured Video by OneCoreAoM

Continuous Cinematic Competition Entry - Farewell, City of the Sea by Hailtotheoboe and Elrich
Hailtotheoboe's and Elrich's entries into the CCC competition combined into one video to Lux Aurumque written by Eric Whitacre performed by the Ottowa Wind Ensemble (Hail on the oboe).
TOP TIP

Brighty is cool ❞ Brightpup (ChaosRobie)

[This message has been edited by Black Euroqueb (edited 07-08-2014 @ 12:35 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05 January 2012 10:00 AM EDT (US)     326 / 553  
posted 05 January 2012 04:03 PM EDT (US)     327 / 553  
Same here, Think Necro has got this one, although I have definately used a very different trick :P

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 06 January 2012 05:27 AM EDT (US)     328 / 553  
Hello? It's the 6th already.

In the mythic world, great deities resolve their conflicts, with words like:

Tornadoes, Meteor showers, and Tartarian Gates.

Who will prevail?
posted 06 January 2012 09:36 AM EDT (US)     329 / 553  
necromancer's song isn't very interesting though

I played it on my guitar...

Proud Trigger Artist and Map Designer for
~Mythic Studios~
posted 07 January 2012 11:00 AM EDT (US)     330 / 553  
It's supposed to be the voting results announcement today, and voting hasn't even started yet...

Who will prevail?
posted 07 January 2012 01:30 PM EDT (US)     331 / 553  
Anraheir, please find a better uploader to post your shots. All your images get deleted after a few days.
Hello? It's the 6th already.
For you, yes, but for guys from Pacific it was still the 5th.

Please start voting !

Current Entries

Zenophobia - Music to my ears
Anraheir - Lure.
BSU_DoLhades - Music starts with just a beat
Necr0maNceR - I Dream of Music
FrozenUser12 - A Song of (No) Ice and (Mostly) Fire

Voting closes in 3 days. The winner will be declared on the 10th.

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 07 January 2012 01:36 PM EDT (US)     332 / 553  
Vote: Zenophobia

~Mythic Studios~
posted 07 January 2012 01:38 PM EDT (US)     333 / 553  
Photobucket is the best and most reliable host, they do not delete any images, I have several accounts there. Anraheir seems to move the pictures around inside his account, which causes the links to break.

Anraheir if you read this, don't move (or delete... haha) the picture after uploading. The best thing is to upload it right into the folder in which it is supposed to stay.

posted 07 January 2012 02:17 PM EDT (US)     334 / 553  
For you, yes, but for guys from Pacific it was still the 5th.
That still doesn't change the fact that you started the voting session very late than the planned date.

Anyways, if I had to vote for my competitors, it would be...Necr0maNceR!

Who will prevail?
posted 07 January 2012 04:07 PM EDT (US)     335 / 553  
Necromancer

"Thank you for calling the internet. May I have your account number or identity theft please?" - Homestarruner
posted 07 January 2012 08:29 PM EDT (US)     336 / 553  
Vote: Zenophobia. Awesome shot there.

posted 08 January 2012 05:59 AM EDT (US)     337 / 553  
Zeno

Uruk-Hai, Skeleton Warriors, Green horde, Khorne Berserker, Dwarfs
Attention!>Wrong english grammar are special effects and wanted from my keyboard<Attention!

The more there is to hide, the more there's to uncover.
So welcome to the other side.
This trip here is hell...
posted 08 January 2012 08:06 AM EDT (US)     338 / 553  
Vote: Anraheir - Lure

I thought it was a great shot when I saw it, shame about the link, but still it deserves a vote.
posted 13 January 2012 09:11 PM EDT (US)     339 / 553  
Thanks to all voters ! You can now congratulate the winner.

All your shots will be added to the Screenshots gallery.

Music winner : Zenophobia

Music to my ears

1st place : Zenophobia (3 votes)
2nd place : Necr0maNceR (2 votes)
3rd place : Anraheir (1 vote)

Could Zenophobia please post the new theme ?

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 14 January 2012 01:29 PM EDT (US)     340 / 553  
Man, I just realized how much better my shot would be with Proper lighting. In fact, I think the next theme should be Improvement.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 14 January 2012 02:07 PM EDT (US)     341 / 553  
Congratulations, Zenophobia.

What did you guys like and dislike about my shot? It's definitely different than your typical shot. I used a new technique that I recently figured out.

The guy laying against the tree is Arkantos in his resting animation. The ground below him is a ship (I don't remember which one) that I enlarged a lot. The lines are five more ships that I stretched long and thin. The notes are composed of a TON of tiny fire giants that have been rotated and tilted into position. The colors are obviously the player colors of those two players. I made the silhouettes appear by obscuring every square inch of the screen with mine wall pieces. I had to use a ton of mine wall pieces, since just using one big one would not work. Buildings would not leave silhouettes, which is why I had to use weird things like boats and fire giants.

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||
posted 14 January 2012 02:22 PM EDT (US)     342 / 553  
I loved your shot necromancer! But I thought the song was kinda boring, and I didn't recognize arkantos until after I voted >.>

Also, I really loved zenophobia's shot, I think the title adds a lot to the 'flavor' of the shot, which I really like.

~Mythic Studios~
posted 14 January 2012 02:57 PM EDT (US)     343 / 553  
Thread updated. The previous themes now link to the "win post" instead of the first reply before after last win.
What did you guys like and dislike about my shot? It's definitely different than your typical shot. I used a new technique that I recently figured out.
I see what you did there... we use very similar techniques
You would have get my vote, but unfortunatly, as OP, I can only use that when a tie comes...
Man, I just realized how much better my shot would be with Proper lighting.
Yeah... it would have been cool.

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 16 January 2012 09:40 AM EDT (US)     344 / 553  
Tomb Renovation

A queen (Amanra), who is a descendant of an ancient king, is dissatisfied with the current condition of her ancestor's tomb and orders a total renovation of it. She appoints an elderly yet experienced architect and overseer (Skult) to spearhead the renovation. He hires Greek construction workers because he believes that they're the best in the world. Things may not go as planned however...

On the side of the queen and the overseer is a scale model of the final results of the refurbished tomb.

Who will prevail?

[This message has been edited by FrozenUser12 (edited 01-16-2012 @ 10:14 AM).]

posted 17 January 2012 06:18 PM EDT (US)     345 / 553  
I would enter with something, though I've tried and have become bored before, if not for the virus that forced me to reset my computer to its "factory settings".
All the files are still here, but the registry information has been reset, so I have to reinstall everything. Now I don't have the effort to reinstall AoM now that I play Minecraft and got an Xbox.
I guess I'll reinstall eventually, but eh

It started with a low light; Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed
And then they took my blood type; It left a strange impression in my head.
You know that I was hoping; That I could leave this star-crossed world behind
But when they cut me open; I guess I changed my mind.
------------------------------------------
Hmm.. How about FAIL for another twat Member of the Month :P ~BSU_DoLhades
posted 17 January 2012 08:24 PM EDT (US)     346 / 553  
now that I play Minecraft
Third of the gang

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 22 January 2012 02:42 PM EDT (US)     347 / 553  
Is heavengames based in america? Because if it is, and SOPA gets passed, we won't be able to post screenshots anymore.

~Mythic Studios~
posted 22 January 2012 03:07 PM EDT (US)     348 / 553  
heavengames based in america?
Yes, in Texas. The servers are located in Houston.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 22 January 2012 10:43 PM EDT (US)     349 / 553  
Did Euroqueb get banned, or is Eurotool just deciding all of a sudden to go back to Eurotool?

"Thank you for calling the internet. May I have your account number or identity theft please?" - Homestarruner
posted 22 January 2012 11:23 PM EDT (US)     350 / 553  
Nobody understands the mysteries behind eurotool, you just have to go with it I guess.

~Mythic Studios~
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Continuous Screenshot Competition 6 - the theme is: Inception
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames