You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Continuous Screenshot Competition 6 - the theme is: Inception
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 22  Next Page »
posted 08 October 2011 11:12 AM EDT (US)   

Nostalgia

Last Winner: Elrich
Submit your entries before the 9th. Voting will take place during the following few days.
Results will be announced after voting is over.
Hosted by Black Euroqueb
Current Entries
Sacrifice - Ghostoo
**warning sensitive image**
Quick! The weakest one! - Zenophobia Home of the Brave - godpower97 Too Late - perpetual_n00b Strangulation - Eurotool
[Protocol '"http' for image URL not supported.]

_____ About _____

The Continuous Screenshot Competition is stolen from AoKH, where it has been active and used for a very long time. It is to promote screenshots, and also to just have fun looking at and making the scenery. Each time there will be a theme in which the screenshot should fit, the winner of last theme is allowed to pick the new one. If a winner wins for the second time in a row, the number 2 is allowed to pick the theme. This thread is its sixth installment, and you might be wondering why we need a new thread. This is because of thread corruption: The more posts a thread gets (over 2500), the more likely it is to corrupt, and I think it would be a big waste if we lost all the links to screenshots from the previous threads.

_____ The Rules _____

Entering a screenshot
  • You may enter only one screenshot per category ;
  • You may use modding for your screenshots ;
  • You can use both AoM (Vanilla) or AoM: TT (Chocolate) ;
  • You can't modify (photoshopping) your screenshot, except for cropping and adding text, borders and logos ;
  • You may modify (with AoM) your shot after posting it. It must be similar. You can only repost it once ;
  • You are not allowed to make screenshots from maps created before the competition ;
  • You can't make your screenshot before the beginning of the current competition ;
  • The previous winner can compete in the competition he/she set the theme for.
Voting for a screenshot
  • You may vote only one time per competition ;
  • You may vote for a single screenshot ;
  • The previous winner can vote for a screenshot ;
  • Current contestants can vote for someone else's screenshot ;
  • You cannot vote for your own screenshot.
After voting
  • The contestant that has the most votes wins the current category ;
  • The winner may pick a theme for the new one, he/she can also add an extra restriction ;
  • Until further notice, previous categories may be used ;
  • If same person wins in twice in a row (or more times), the runner-up may pick the new theme.
Other rules/notices
  • No flaming, but constructive comments are allowed ;
  • Please do not suggest themes for the winner ;
  • Users that constantly vote against contestants for fractious reasons will lose the right to vote for the following category.
Winners from earlier roundsAll previous winners have been uploaded to the gallery here.You can also find a sub-album for first place entrants.

_____ Taking And Hosting Your Screenshot _____

You can make screenshots with the following methods:
  • (Editor) Go in File > Screenshot, and click on Hide Interface and Cursor ; this will leave a stamp of the AoM logo and date. This proves the authenticity of your screenshot. The screenshot will be located in \Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Titans) or %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Vanilla).
  • (Editor) Press "H" on you keyboard, and take the shot by hitting Ctrl+F12. The screenshot will be located in %UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Titans) or %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\Screenshots (Vanilla).
  • (Editor/In-game cinematics) Hit the PrintScreen key. Your screenshot will be located in your clipboard. Paste it in a program like Paint or Photoshop. Be careful : this method makes you lose a little bit of your screenshot's quality.
  • Take a look at Mephiles' guide on how to take a screenshot.
You can host your shots at:
Image hosters that DO NOT require REGISTRATIONImage hosters that DO require REGISTRATION
http://imageshack.ushttp://photobucket.com
http://imgur.comhttp://www.flickr.com
http://tinypic.com

_____ Additional Notes _____

CSC 1 - CSC 2 - CSC 3 - CSC 4 - CSC 5 - CSC 6
AoKH - AoEH
Lets hope for a fun and fair competition, and good luck to all entries. Your host, Black Euroqueb

_____ Gadgets _____

Here is a list of previous themes:
Thread 1
Living on the edge | Wings | Perilous escapades | Apocalypse | Love | Survival of the fittest | Fire | Wind | A sudden ending | War | Abandoned | Spring forward | After death | Pranks | Surprise, surprise | I spy | Global warming? | Aom toons | Domestic life | Ten years in heaven | I'm rich | Nile river | Harry potter and the magical world | Administration and bureaucracy | Giant world | Life on the farm | Bar brawl | Natural distaster | Winter wonderland | Amusement park | Under da seas | Light vs dark | Remembrance | Moonlighten twilight
Thread 2
War of the world | Happiness | North pole | Hunger | Just a fraction too late | Picture perfect | Famous place | Laziness | Hawaii | Luck | Ides of march | Women | A grand palace | Indiana Jones
Thread 3
Beauty of nature | Famous movie theme | That wasn't the plan | Ambush | AoMH | Fairytale | Siege at the gate| Ancient Temple | Frustration | Parade | Departure | ...Do I know you? | Silence | Sins of men | Into the rain,mist and moonlight | The Big Bang | Last Words | Where's Wally/Waldo? | Greek Myth | Wasn't me... | Christmas | Barbie and Friends | Brighty is awesome | Super Heroes in action | Caught in the storm | The Abyss | Help | *Facepalm* | City Of Light | Into the Midnight Flame which lights up the forest | BILBO'S GRAND DAY OUT or GIMLI GOES CLUBBING DOWNTOWN | Age of Mythology Gone Mad | Haunted | Voyage
Thread 4
The March | High into the clouds | Betrayal | Stand strong men! | TROJANHORSEFORSALE | Uniqueness | Predators of the Deep | The Summoning | Forgotten Ruins | ...when the sand begins to whisper | Dreams | Home | Buried | 100 | Where am I? | Amazon | Stargate | In the mountains | Iceworld | India | Exploration | Winter Sports | Parallel Dimensions | Alexander the Great | Teenage Angst | Animal Farm | Famous Painting | Overwhelming Odds | Corridors of time | Better an honest enemy than a false friend | WRome | Yeebaagooon | At the wrong place, at the wrong time | Chickens | Vacation | I don't get it | Abstract Art | Amenta: The Egyptian Underworld | Anything | Dark Present, Bright Future | Winter | Occultism | Regret | The Call of Cthulhu | Post Apocalypse | Monty Python | World Domination | The Majic Dodo | To Serve Man | Bigfoot | Mountain | Cursed | Britain | The New World | Beard, beard and more beard | Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow | Death | Hero | Abyss
Thread 5
Brand new day | Desire | The Meaning of Life | Oh Shit... | Spaceships | Rainbawz | Rage | Jurassic | Pain | Polaris | Rome | Lost | The Departed | Executing The Plan | Bowling | Longevity | Cartoons | Germany | Stew | The Long Road Home | Stickability
Thread 6
A Place of Learning | A Second Chance | The Hunt | Dragon Slaying | Nirvana | Music | Improvement
Blast from the past:
Oh, the places you'll go! by HailToTheOboe
Featured Video by OneCoreAoM

Continuous Cinematic Competition Entry - Farewell, City of the Sea by Hailtotheoboe and Elrich
Hailtotheoboe's and Elrich's entries into the CCC competition combined into one video to Lux Aurumque written by Eric Whitacre performed by the Ottowa Wind Ensemble (Hail on the oboe).
TOP TIP

Brighty is cool ❞ Brightpup (ChaosRobie)

[This message has been edited by Black Euroqueb (edited 07-08-2014 @ 12:35 PM).]

Replies:
posted 23 January 2012 04:36 AM EDT (US)     351 / 553  
Nope. He is not banned.

@Glen and Euro 6 months ago that was true, Zen made a move to the UK recently however.

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 23 January 2012 08:23 PM EDT (US)     352 / 553  
I Invent the Wheel!

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 23 January 2012 08:47 PM EDT (US)     353 / 553  
The Tunnel of Improvement

posted 23 January 2012 09:47 PM EDT (US)     354 / 553  
*makes a comment about general melagius before bsu does*

posted 24 January 2012 02:35 AM EDT (US)     355 / 553  
Is this a statement about BSU?

"Thank you for calling the internet. May I have your account number or identity theft please?" - Homestarruner
posted 24 January 2012 04:02 AM EDT (US)     356 / 553  
So close yet so far

Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 24 January 2012 07:34 AM EDT (US)     357 / 553  
Yay finally, competition!

In the mythic world, great deities resolve their conflicts, with words like:

Tornadoes, Meteor showers, and Tartarian Gates.

Who will prevail?
posted 24 January 2012 08:51 PM EDT (US)     358 / 553  

Please start voting !

Current Entries

FrozenUser12 - Tomb Renovation
Zenophobia - I Invent the Wheel!
hoodedwarbler12 - The Tunnel of Improvement
-
-

Voting closes in 3 days. The winner will be declared on the 27th.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒

[This message has been edited by EUROTOOL (edited 01-24-2012 @ 08:58 PM).]

posted 24 January 2012 08:55 PM EDT (US)     359 / 553  
@hoodedwarbler12
Be careful with your Album URL. "AOM Screenshots" contains a space, that is replaced by the code in hex (%­20). However, when using the HTML tags, the URL gets broken. My trick is to replace the space by another character, or simply remove it. I fixed the error by uploading your image on another site, but I won't do it anymore.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 25 January 2012 03:59 AM EDT (US)     360 / 553  
I like hoodedwarbler's idea behind the screenshot the most, but the eyecandy leaves something to be desired.

FrozenUser's screenshot has some very good eyecandy, but the blue terrain (or blue sky) at the top right corner doesn't look right at all, which kind of ruins the screenshot.

Zenophobia, your screenshot had the most potential to win this round, but the landscape just looks too barren. After all, who would invent and test the wheel right in the dessert?

Vote: FrozenUser12

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 25 January 2012 08:25 AM EDT (US)     361 / 553  
Lewonas, that is the blue skybox that you're talking about. If you want, I can change it.

Who will prevail?
posted 25 January 2012 10:16 AM EDT (US)     362 / 553  
Vote: Zenophobia

Why?

Frozen the Hades gate looks a bit... out of place :P Its a nice idea but for an improvement it doesnt really suit the theme to me, the Hades gate would need re-texturing before it would look right.

Hooded your eyecandy is lacking a bit, but it was indeed a nice screenshot!

Zenophobia I voted for yours due to the nice idea with the wheel, and how you carried it out too! I really like the screenshot and it is quite representative.

posted 25 January 2012 10:39 AM EDT (US)     363 / 553  
You don't have to do that for me.

But the screenshot will look better if you do.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 25 January 2012 10:50 AM EDT (US)     364 / 553  
BSU_DoLhades, that's the point. The hades gate is supposed to be a rough cut, because the renovation has only recently started.

Who will prevail?
posted 27 January 2012 10:41 AM EDT (US)     365 / 553  
Vote: hoodedwarbler12

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
posted 27 January 2012 03:36 PM EDT (US)     366 / 553  
@EUROTOOL ok. Fixed, it's now called AOM_Screenshots.

posted 28 January 2012 11:48 AM EDT (US)     367 / 553  
It's a tie between 3 contestants ! The first vote after this post will determine the winner.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 28 January 2012 03:56 PM EDT (US)     368 / 553  
Vote: Zenophobia

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 28 January 2012 04:40 PM EDT (US)     369 / 553  
Thanks to all voters ! You can now congratulate the winner.

All your shots will be added to the Screenshots gallery.

Improvement winner : Zenophobia

I Invent the Wheel!

1st place : Zenophobia (2 votes)
2nd place : FrozenUser12 (1 vote) and hoodedwarbler12
(1 vote)

Could Zenophobia please post the new theme ?

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 28 January 2012 05:07 PM EDT (US)     370 / 553  
thanks for the vote, Yeeb!

New theme: Casting A Spell

posted 28 January 2012 06:07 PM EDT (US)     371 / 553  
You sure are good at this, Zeno.

Blow Ship Up

Who will prevail?
posted 28 January 2012 07:08 PM EDT (US)     372 / 553  
Euro, you broke the forum table as you still had a table code open and needed extra HTML to close it. Check the thread after you edit it and modify your template if you have one to stop it happening again.
Fixed it for you.

Love,
Yeeb xxx

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 28 January 2012 07:45 PM EDT (US)     373 / 553  
Thanks, Yeeb, but now there are some broken tables in the thread... I didn't check after editing, but the problem is that I can't preview without copy-pasting, or else some codes disappear.

Damn, I have so much trouble to find the breach. What was the place on which you added/modified a table ? What was the mistake ? I don't have any text backup of the older version.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 29 January 2012 09:23 AM EDT (US)     374 / 553  
@frozen: No, not really. Those were my first two wins. You just have to keep trying and you'll win eventually.

P.P. what's with all these Promethean titans hiding in your shots?

posted 29 January 2012 09:46 AM EDT (US)     375 / 553  
I added:
</td></tr></table>
At the very end.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 22  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Continuous Screenshot Competition 6 - the theme is: Inception
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames