You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Invisible Target
posted 25 November 2011 03:43 PM EDT (US)   

The Invisible Target

What's this?

No, this is not a scenario announcement. I was messing around with the invisible target and i came across some interesting finds. I don't know if you all already know these things or if there's already another thread, so I'll just post this. These are just some facts about the invisible target.

NOTE: I'm not sure what the measurement is for distances in AoM, so I'll use feet.

Basic facts

-The invisible target cannot be seen in-game.

-The invisible target cannot be selected in-game except through triggers.

-The invisible target is a wall segment. Therefore, it is a building, and is restricted by building restrictions when placed down.

-The invisible target has exactly 9999 HP and 99% hack, pierce, and crush armor. It has 5 feet of LOS (two and a half squares on the terrain grid).

-Units can walk through it. However, as a building, it creates placement restrictions against other buildings in a 2 foot radius (one square on the terrain grid).

-Like most buildings, when placed down, the invisible target deletes embellishment in a 2 foot radius around it. (i.e. grass, rock sprites, statues, etc).

Advanced

-The invisible target can and will be attacked by nearby enemy units.

-The invisible target makes no sound when attacked.

-The only MU's that can perform their special attacks on the invisible target are the ones that can perform theirs on buildings: The Einherjar and the Mountain Giant.

-The invisible target is the only invisible unit that can be detected with triggers like 'Units in Area' or 'Change Units in Area'.

-Unlike revealers, you can make armies out of invisible targets and create them through army deploy triggers.

-God powers affect invisible targets. If you cast restoration or healing spring, a healing sfx will appear on the invisible target.

-Because its health is so immesurably high, the invisible target must lose a lot of health before the difference can even be detected by 'Percent Damaged > 0'. To circumvent this, just modify the health of invisible targets by -9899 or something like that.

-If the invisible target is owned by a Gaia player, it will regenerate like other Gaia buildings, but it will not create Gaia creep.

Conclusion

Well, that's all I know. I hope you found something in here useful and I hope I didn't just repost an old thread.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 11-26-2011 @ 06:26 PM).]

Replies:
posted 25 November 2011 05:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
Interesting, but shouldnt Fire Giants be able to use their attacks too?

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 25 November 2011 06:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
That's very interesting, congratulations
NOTE: I'm not sure what the measurement is for distances in AoM, so I'll use feet.
1 square = 2 measurement units
So if you use Egyptian City Tile, each square equals 1 measurement unit.

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 25 November 2011 07:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
@BSU: Oh, I suppose.

@Euro: I know. I was confused about the unit they used.

posted 26 November 2011 01:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
You did your research well, well done. I was just thinking about using a couple of these for my scenario. Good stuff to know! Interesting too

edit: this should go in unit guides, if there is such thing.

[This message has been edited by The AoM Expert (edited 11-26-2011 @ 01:24 AM).]

posted 26 November 2011 07:42 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Adding this thread to the AoMH Designer Records (The sticky at the top)

This is very useful to know, particularly for the effects, screenshot artists could use the Invisible target in a ring and invoke restoration then take the shot?
Little things like that could be very useful :P

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 26 November 2011 06:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Oh also

• The unit is entirely invisible during game play

just thought I'd help...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
  • posted 26 November 2011 06:26 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
    oops i forgot about that. gotta add it now.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 11-26-2011 @ 06:27 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Invisible Target
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames