You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Eighth Semi-Annually-Held Designer Awards Discussion Thread
posted 19 February 2012 12:24 PM EDT (US)   

The Eighth Semi-Annually-Held Designer Awards

Discussion Thread

Send all comments/complaints/quotes to hades(at)heavengames(dot)com

We have had an unusual time in the past year in these halls. We have seen great legends leave and we have seen some return. The forges of these great halls have not seen as much action as last year... but they have seen some great pieces of work lifted and brought to the world. And yet we hold this competition once more, as it is another year and great fortunes be blessed upon these halls!

Let the rounds of nominating, voting, and disagreeing about the awards commence!

Thread Purpose and Agenda

As you might have guessed, this thread is essentially just a place where forumers can discuss, banter, brag, and generally chat it up about the Designer Awards. That said, I must insist that all such discourse be kept to this thread and this thread alone; sifting through too much clutter in the nomination and voting threads makes tabulating votes an even more painful process and really doesn't work wonders for my blood pressure.

Layout:

There will be six separate threads for the awards....

Due to my lack of internet, and it being so unpredictable, the dates which these threads are made cannot be determined, so I will have to give you rough times that these will be happening.

• Discussion Thread
    The thread where you share you opinions on the current system. Suggestions, complaints, comments, etc belong here to prevent clutter.
    (This thread)

• New Award Nominations
    Nominate new awards you would like to see for this year's ceremony.

• New Award Voting
    You will vote for the best nominations for new awards. Only the ones with the highest votes will be included.

• Nominations
    After the discussion is over, it is time for the nominations. You nominate designers, scenarios, mods, etc in this thread.

• Voting
    After nominating the fun doesn't stop! This thread is used for voting, and ONLY voting. No comments please.

• Presentation
    The fun is still not over! The winners of the awards will be presented in this thread after being tallied up.

Now is where you come in. Discuss anything that has to do with the awards. What awards do you want? When should the nominating/voting take place? Do you like ice cream? Should the nominating happen in a different way? Everything is on the table for discussion. (Though is not guaranteed to change).

Important changes this year:

• All new awards nominated last year that made it will be automatically added to the new award nominations. Feel free to nominate more, and then we'll do the voting.
  • All voting will take place through a thread located in the scenario design section here, which should help alot! Voting will take place by using a poll - This will all be done on a thread located in the Scenario Design Section, so it will save me alot of headaches. These polls will prevent sibling voting - so please let me know if this affects you and we'll work around it.
  • If anyone else would like to host one of the above threads, please let me know by email.

Thanks to Yeebaagooon, as I lovingly ripped off your format for these awards.

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
    I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
    Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach

[This message has been edited by BSU_DoLhades (edited 03-21-2012 @ 07:08 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 19 February 2012 01:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
    Thanks to Yeebaagooon, as I lovingly ripped off your format for these awards.
    Oh I noticed , glad to see them back though!
    All voting will take place through a thread here, which should help alot! Voting will take place by polls - so it will save me lots of headaches. These polls prevent sibling voting - so please let me know if this affects you and we'll work around it.
    Wha?

Enjoying the presentation so far and shameless use of my images, you should know I like to make fires/explosions.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 02-19-2012 @ 01:31 PM).]

posted 19 February 2012 01:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
    Wasn't me obviously.

I'll get right away to fixing that

Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
    posted 19 February 2012 01:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
    Bloody cheek .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 19 February 2012 01:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
    Its how I roll. :P

posted 19 February 2012 06:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
    BSU is the new yeebagoon, it would seem.

"Thank you for calling the internet. May I have your account number or identity theft please?" - Homestarruner
    posted 19 February 2012 06:35 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
    Elrich always said I fit the part perfectly :P

posted 19 February 2012 07:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
    There will be six separate threads for the awards....
    Six ? That's too much ! Also, you wrote 4 periods instead of 3.
    posted 19 February 2012 08:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
    Say that to yeebaagooon :P

He made 6 last year!

And if you notice they are actually linked, it is 3 not 4, but spacing makes it look like 4 :P

posted 19 February 2012 11:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
    Can I enter ? ^^

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
    A project by Tasterix.
    posted 20 February 2012 04:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
    Everyone is essentially entered as such! It depends if you are nominated, however you likely will anyway :P

posted 20 February 2012 02:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
    There should be a reward for best never released & finished games. I could definately make a run for the top there.

KingUndergroundKing
    posted 20 February 2012 04:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
    Suggest awards in the other thread for the best ;D

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Eighth Semi-Annually-Held Designer Awards Discussion Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames