Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Showcase: Morph Defense
posted 25 March 2013 03:34 AM EDT (US)   
Morph Defense

Morph Defense is a 5 player game where you must defend our very own moderator Mr Hades from hordes of units coming from 4 different cultures all of which want him dead for some currently undecided reason.

Each player starts with a single unit however when you kill a unit not only do you take control of it your units also become it. Currently there are 28 (actually more but I have lost count) different units that you may transform in to, with 7 coming from each of the 4 cultures Greek, Egyptian, Norse and Atlantean. Units spawn in a random order with the order being effected by difficulty so that on easy difficulty you will not have some hoplites fighting against hydra.

The map design is simple with 4 paths leading to the centre of the map which then leads to where Mr Hades is hiding. The paths are separated by mountainous walls which are covered in mild eyecandy, with the paths still to be beautified.

The units all have their normal attack and attack bonuses to help you determine which units are best against others although some units have their armour and hitpoints changed to make them more balanced.

Progress
Overall:
Map Design:
Gameplay Triggers:
Aesthetic Triggers:

If there are any units that you would like to see in the game post it below and I may add it. I am not planning on adding mythic age, flying, water, re-spawning units or titans. For it to be balanced it should be possible for 10 hoplites to destroy 1 of the unit. This is not extremely strict as I can modify a units hit points and armour as well as the number that spawn (1-3). Some stronger units may be added as bosses.

[This message has been edited by scragins (edited 02-11-2014 @ 01:53 AM).]

Replies:
posted 25 March 2013 10:34 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17  
Sounds fun. I want Hades' head. Would make a nice decoration for my mantelpiece.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 25 March 2013 03:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17  
Hades gets asskicked?
Then I will take the air route!

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
posted 25 March 2013 08:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17  
you should add different members of the AoMH community as bosses who are angry with Hades's lack of keeping up with his moderating duties. XD

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 03-25-2013 @ 08:15 PM).]

posted 25 March 2013 10:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17  
you should add different members of the AoMH community as bosses who are angry with Hades's lack of keeping up with his moderating duties
yea like me

posted 25 March 2013 11:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17  
Well I'm not sure what units some of you use to represent yourselves but I have already added SoO and Hersir.

Once I have finished the multiplayer version I plan on adapting that to be single player.
posted 26 March 2013 04:13 AM EDT (US)     6 / 17  
Me is Llama or Ody. Just in case you want to coolize your map

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
posted 26 March 2013 06:12 AM EDT (US)     7 / 17  
I can't really put either of those in as an enemy as lama's have no attack and Ody is a campaign hero so he re-spawns.
posted 26 March 2013 09:15 AM EDT (US)     8 / 17  
well, I'm a black heavy hoplite.
I can't really put either of those in as an enemy as lama's have no attack and Ody is a campaign hero so he re-spawns.
You can use the 'Hero Greek Odysseus' unit. It doesn't respawn.

posted 26 March 2013 10:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17  
I forgot about that, so i probably can add Odysseus in.
posted 26 March 2013 10:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17  

somebody doesn't play aom enough...

posted 27 March 2013 04:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17  
Actually someone does not play Greek
posted 27 March 2013 11:18 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17  
if you use the editor enough you should know this stuff

posted 21 April 2013 09:32 AM EDT (US)     13 / 17  
lol you made some progress! 5%...

posted 20 September 2013 04:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17  
Unarchived on request.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 20 September 2013 06:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17  
Thank you. I have picked up the pace that I'm working on this scenario. It is multiplayer so I doubt how successful it will be. I might try and make a single player version after this is finished.
posted 20 September 2013 08:39 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17  
maybe you could modify it in some way to fit in the scenario design competition.

posted 21 September 2013 02:26 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17  
To do that I could change hades to a helpless princess (or leave him as he is which is should be acceptable), change me to a dragon and make Yeeb and the other people knights.

If I was to enter that I would make a new scenario, I never have been much of a person for making plot lines and making them fit a game.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showcase: Morph Defense
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames