Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Mismatch [Showcase]
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 31 December 2013 08:59 AM EDT (US)   

~-~-~Story~-~-~

A dragon named Feuer wakes up in his cave one day feeling hungry, as most dragons do. However, this time, Feuer doesn’t want just the daily sheep or cow.
He wants a princess.

Over at Castle Verzweif, a marriage is proceeding between Princess Arsch and Sir Normal, who recently saved the princess from a group of thugs. However, conflict and hilarity ensues as the goals of these three characters clash.

~-~-~What's This?~-~-~

Here it is, guys. Here’s the 1000+ sized map. And I’m proud to finally present to you all a showcase that doesn’t feature massive walls of text. XD

This is my submission for Nickonhawk’s scenario design competition. It’s a minigame-styled scenario separated into three missions and lots of cinematics, with gameplay inspired by the Panzer Dragoon series and HailToTheOboe’s Rocmaninov.

~-~-~Gameplay~-~-~

Arrowkeys to maneuver

Space to shoot fireballs

Collect powerups to increase your attack speed

Eat cows to regenerate lost health

Blow stuff up!

Save points have been provided in between missions

I made Titan mode especially hard, just to make Lewonas cry
(And it's laggy too, of course)

Your health bar is displayed as the image in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen

Music

There are so many songs this time that this deserves a section all on its own!

Criminal Insaniy - Bosa
FelixBattle - Corona157
DOA - Hiroyuki Sawano
Death's Embrace - LEAF XCEED Music Division
Unbroken Dream - LEAF XCEED Music Division

Use of these sounds and songs are for noncommercial purposes only. All rights belong to their respective owners.

Special Thanks To...

Special thanks to my playtester, WarriorMario, for his feedback. Also thank you HTTO for inspiring me with the idea to make this, and thank you Nickonhawk for making the competition that has realized this scenario in the first place.
And of course, thank you to anyone who downloads this, for keeping AoMH alive. Don't forget to comment or review! (And vote :P)

Replies:
posted 17 March 2014 04:32 PM EDT (US)     26 / 35  
Quoted from Android:
I just keep hitting the space bar like crazy while moving left and right to dodge the projectiles.
You can also dodge up and down as well. When changing directions from left to right, you should also move up or down to avoid getting hit by the last bullet fired at your previous position.

Also, the machine's actual hitbox is just the ground beneath it. Probably something I should change, but would make the game laggier. -.-

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 01 April 2014 03:15 PM EDT (US)     27 / 35  
Updated, hopefully for the last time.

posted 02 April 2014 05:08 PM EDT (US)     28 / 35  
Good god I cannot wait to play this next week.
Looks incredibly fun, not to mention some extremely clever triggering.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 02 April 2014 08:16 PM EDT (US)     29 / 35  
Next week? Why not this week?

posted 03 April 2014 04:49 PM EDT (US)     30 / 35  
Good point .

By god this is clever, I never though such a game style was possible yet AOM prevails yet again. Very funny opening cinematic too.

Haven't managed to get past the first stage yet but serious congrats on making such a great scenario.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 03 April 2014 10:59 PM EDT (US)     31 / 35  
Extremely nice work you'v done Zenophobia!Nice ideas. Really no one would have remembered a dragon.I like games like these.With awesome new mechanics!I am sorry,but I canot try it out now because I only have AOM,not titans.I'll try it out when I do and pretty good work!

I was visiting a castle ruin.The doors opened.There was an Opened Way.There was a moments Silence.I noticed a Creeping Shadow from behind.It was A Messenger From Behind.He was the Gatekeeper of The Castle Ruins.He lounged at me like A Liberated Guardian.It was a Violent Encounter.I was in Awe of Its Power.He was a Grotesque Figure to look at.
posted 05 April 2014 07:22 AM EDT (US)     32 / 35  
I never though such a game style was possible yet AOM prevails yet again.
yet AOM prevails yet again
AOM prevails
AOM

lol but on a more serious note, you're missing out if you haven't beaten the first stage yet.
Quoted from Hawk13
Extremely nice work you'v done Zenophobia!Nice ideas. Really no one would have remembered a dragon.I like games like these.With awesome new mechanics!I am sorry,but I canot try it out now because I only have AOM,not titans.I'll try it out when I do and pretty good work!
Thanks! Not really sure what you meant by "remembered a dragon." Are dragons not memorable?

posted 05 April 2014 12:45 PM EDT (US)     33 / 35  
Yay just died on the water boss in stage 2 which is near impossible.
SO MUCH GENIUS IN THIS MAP. The score screen is beauty to behold, how on earth did you do that?
Spiral triggers are sexy along with attach triggers.

Found out you can use the up and down arrow keys so survived bit more . And is it just me or are the powerups just used to increase your score?

posted 05 April 2014 08:21 PM EDT (US)     34 / 35  
SO MUCH GENIUS IN THIS MAP. The score screen is beauty to behold, how on earth did you do that?
Spiral triggers are sexy along with attach triggers.
lol that would be the brain-child of my debut scenario a couple years back.
Found out you can use the up and down arrow keys so survived bit more . And is it just me or are the powerups just used to increase your score?
Powerups increase your attack speed by something around 40%, so the more you collect, the faster you shoot. The effects really aren't apparent until you reach the boss fights, where the faster attack speed really helps.

posted 05 April 2014 10:12 PM EDT (US)     35 / 35  
Sorry,no offense,I meant"think outside the box" you know for putting a unique protagonist.I looove dragons as well!

I was visiting a castle ruin.The doors opened.There was an Opened Way.There was a moments Silence.I noticed a Creeping Shadow from behind.It was A Messenger From Behind.He was the Gatekeeper of The Castle Ruins.He lounged at me like A Liberated Guardian.It was a Violent Encounter.I was in Awe of Its Power.He was a Grotesque Figure to look at.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Mismatch [Showcase]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames