You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Buried Secrets [Scenario Showcase]
posted 20 January 2017 11:25 AM EDT (US)   
Buried Secrets

(Click to watch)

UPDATES:

Repaired the balance!
Added some enemy abilities!
Corrected some typos!
Hotkeys in savegames will now work right away!
Start with more stats and level up faster in higher difficulty!
Regeneration speed has increased dramatically!
Learning a spell will now write an objective, so you can look up the key if you forget it!
The Heal Spell will now restore a percentage of your hitpoints instead of a preset number!

Draw your weapon and be ready to face off the forces of dark! This is a short RPG scenario that takes place in a forgotten desert. It features custom music, quality gameplay, amazing eyecandy.
~Does not require Tale of the Dragon expansion!
~Difficulty settings!
~You can keep your spell hotkeys throughout saves!

Thanks to my playtester phdorogers!

Steam Showcase

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...

[This message has been edited by Meitonhawk (edited 01-31-2017 @ 11:16 AM).]

Replies:
posted 20 January 2017 12:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 20 January 2017 01:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
*tries to do yeeb's chat space trick and fails miserably*

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
posted 20 January 2017 05:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
reviewed.

posted 22 January 2017 03:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
I haven't played a singleplayer scenario in a couple of years now and I think this is one of the rare instances where a singleplayer scenario piqued my interest to play it. Plus I'm interested to see how much you've improved since your The City of Valaron scenario (which was also among one of the rare singleplayer scenarios I've played, and more importantly, truly enjoyed). Expect some feedback from me the coming week after I've finished my playthrough.

This also reminded me that I still need to play Khan and Steak's The Pirate Life singleplayer scenario from almost 7 years ago (whoops!).

I'm certain they'll both be excellent singleplayer experiences and am looking forward to play them.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 22 January 2017 03:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
Lewonas lives! err... I mean lurks!

posted 23 January 2017 05:05 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
Greetings old friend. I hope you'll have a fun time with this one. I think it's better than Valaron.

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
posted 27 January 2017 02:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Reviewed your scenario. Hopefully you like a lot of reading.

I'd a fun time playing your RPG and yes, I think you've definitely improved since your Valaron scenario. You've created some really interesting mechanics, and... - you know what, just read the review.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
posted 28 January 2017 08:19 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
I cannot thank you enough for all the stuff you wrote! I will go trough it again and put up another update addressing as many issues as possible.

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
posted 30 January 2017 04:45 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
I'm glad to hear the review is of help.

Let us know in this thread when you've updated your map. I'll give it another shot and update my review where necessary.

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention in my review is that you may want to consider disallowing the player to mount during combat. It's a bit of a cheap way to get away from dangerous situations quickly and it kind of makes you invincible, which eliminates the tense atmosphere you've carefully created. You could also take it a step further and introduce a new mechanic (when a difficulty higher than Easy is selected) where the player is forced to dismount whenever he receives X amount of damage or perhaps even any damage at all.

Just some thoughts to consider.

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 01-30-2017 @ 05:02 AM).]

posted 31 January 2017 11:15 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
I have once again updated the map. If you feel like it, you can try it again.

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Buried Secrets [Scenario Showcase]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames