You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: can we create a new civilisation with the editor ?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 27 February 2017 04:31 PM EDT (US)   
I have ideas about new civilisations, like assyrians, but I don't know if it is possible to create an entire civilisation.The problem is how to create new units?
Replies:
posted 20 April 2017 01:46 AM EDT (US)     51 / 78  
OK no problem

Do you know how to fade to color for one player only ? Or do something that hide the screen for a time and just for one payer (in White if possible)?
It is for an original god power that use an Ardent Sun so the other player can't see there unit but can control it as "blinded" for one minute or something similar
posted 20 April 2017 02:56 AM EDT (US)     52 / 78  
I seem to remember some for player triggers that I think Nottud made. I think it would be possible although you should probably be tested online to check it does not cause OOS. I don't know of a way to do it using pre-existing triggers so I will see if I can make or find something and get back to you within a couple of days.
posted 20 April 2017 05:20 AM EDT (US)     53 / 78  
Very friendly !
posted 23 April 2017 10:19 PM EDT (US)     54 / 78  
Unfortunately I have not had time to test it but this might work, if it doesn't work I should have time to try and fix it early next week (or it might just not be possible). I recommend testing it in single player first (to check it fades to a colour and then on multiplayer to check it does not cause OOS.

<Effect name="Fade to Colour for player">
<Param name="Player" dispName="Player" varType="player">1</Param>
<Param name="R" dispName="$$21858$$Red" varType="long">0</Param>
<Param name="G" dispName="$$22499$$Green" varType="long">0</Param>
<Param name="B" dispName="$$21785$$Blue" varType="long">0</Param>
<Param name="Duration" dispName="$$22540$$Duration(ms)" varType="long">1000</Param>
<Param name="Pelay" dispName="$$22500$$Delay(ms)" varType="long">1000</Param>
<Param name="Pade" dispName="$$22501$$Fade" varType="bool">true</Param>
<Command>if (trCurrentPlayer() == %Player%){</Command>
<Command>trUIFadeToColor(%R%,%G%,%B%,%Duration%,%Pelay%,%Pade%);}</Command>
</Effect>

Edit: There are problems with '%' and Parameter names again so I have changed a few.

[This message has been edited by scragins (edited 04-23-2017 @ 10:22 PM).]

posted 24 April 2017 00:19 AM EDT (US)     55 / 78  
Thank you a lot I will try it. It seems to be very simple when we see the code. What are the causes of OoS ? We can know a bit if a code will do that ?
posted 24 April 2017 02:51 AM EDT (US)     56 / 78  
OOS occurs when different players have games that are not the same. So for instance if you were to make a trigger kill unit for player that would cause OOS as in one players game the unit would be dead but in others still alive. I think this should be alright since the OOS is not caused by different players having a different UI that I think this would be considered.
posted 24 April 2017 08:34 AM EDT (US)     57 / 78  
I've problem with the last sentence which is higher as my english level ^^
Thank you for this answer I understand better.
But for your trigger it might cause OoS because one screen is White and not one other ? Or it isn't a problem ? (I will test it)

I VE TESTED AND IT WORKS
but I don't know how to test online, like host a "oh guy do you want to test a OoS ?"

The only problem, but it isn't very important, is that I want the affected people to see the minimap only. I've tested with 2*HIDE/SHOW minimap and it works but it quit the fade to color.

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 04-24-2017 @ 05:31 PM).]

posted 24 April 2017 07:18 PM EDT (US)     58 / 78  
I don't know how to let the player see the minimap.

What you suggested is the only way I know how to test online. Possibly test it with one of the friends you are going to play the map with.
posted 25 April 2017 02:26 AM EDT (US)     59 / 78  
Do you want to test ?
If not I've other Friend but I usually play with a "main Friend" that is in hollydays.
But you may not have time to do that...

Are you good in playing ? I'm not very strong and not very noob, I come from age of 3 which is a bit différent about gameplay
posted 25 April 2017 05:33 AM EDT (US)     60 / 78  
You can fade to color for one player only? o_o .. that is great

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
posted 25 April 2017 07:47 AM EDT (US)     61 / 78  
No sorry, I don't have time to test it.
posted 25 April 2017 04:13 PM EDT (US)     62 / 78  
I understand.

Will you have time to test the final version and give your opinion ?

Your trigger WORK online if testing with one other P2 and the rest comp is sufficient.

Do you know if the "transport unit in line works online ?

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 04-25-2017 @ 04:14 PM).]

posted 25 April 2017 06:23 PM EDT (US)     63 / 78  
It sounds like it worked then.

I'm not sure about transport unit in line.
posted 26 April 2017 00:21 AM EDT (US)     64 / 78  
Recently I've heard about a way to write qv instead of number/delta/amount/id
(trgetquestvar or something similar).
Do you know if other commands exist ?

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 04-26-2017 @ 00:43 AM).]

posted 26 April 2017 07:56 AM EDT (US)     65 / 78  
Codereference:
https://mythicfreak.github.io/aomcodereference/index.html?aom/scripting/xs/tr/QuestVar.html

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 04-26-2017 @ 07:57 AM).]

posted 26 April 2017 02:24 PM EDT (US)     66 / 78  
No sorry I don't understand why you linked me this page.
I want to know if other things can be written in location of a number such as trQuestVarGet("xxx")
I've seen on your page
"trQuestVarCopy(string QV1, string QV2)" or
"trQuestVarEcho(string QVname)"
but with this info it can't work as a number, hein ?
I think you linked me interesting thing for trigger scripter only ^^ but I may have say something stupid.
posted 26 April 2017 07:05 PM EDT (US)     67 / 78  
TrQuestVarGet will let you use a QV wherever you see a number. TrQuestVarSet will let you save any number as a QV. Any condition that compares a number to a stat such as enemy units killed or an amount of resources is a stat that can be saved as a QV.
posted 26 April 2017 07:24 PM EDT (US)     68 / 78  
OK I understand better, thank you.
This features look very useful, and because people answer me only with "trQV...", I deduce that they are the only things we can write instead of number. Am I right ?
posted 26 April 2017 09:11 PM EDT (US)     69 / 78  
trQuestVarGet is a command that changes a QV into a number. Any command that generates a number (known as "long" or "float") can be used instead of a number.

Here is a bit more of an explanation that is what I think not necessarily what the community thinks so you may want to check it. A "long" is a whole number (e.g. 1, 4, 845) where as a float is a decimal number(e.g. 1.0, 4.0578, 832.583). A long can always be used where a command expects a float but a float can only be used where a command expects a long input if it is a whole number.
posted 27 April 2017 03:39 AM EDT (US)     70 / 78  
Id, player = long
Amount, delta= float

So you say that we have to put a long instead of amoujt, delta ; and a float like 1,0 instead of id, player ?
It is very strange.
How do we know if it is a float or a long, this is automatic ?
posted 27 April 2017 06:47 PM EDT (US)     71 / 78  
As. Far as using QV for these numbers just think does it need to be a whole number? When using QV's you don't need to worry if it is a float or long just make sure the number does not have decimals if it should not have decimals.

The link Izalith posted tells you wether a command wants a float or long as an input.

[This message has been edited by scragins (edited 04-27-2017 @ 06:49 PM).]

posted 27 April 2017 07:07 PM EDT (US)     72 / 78  
very good
I'm now wondering about animations and actions: I can't reach to run animation on a unit during the game.

I've tested a trigger on loop (5 seconds) with set animation on a minotaure
I wrote "Gore" →nothing
I've seen that it is the 8th animation so I wrote "8"→nothing
I've thought that he couldn't do that because no unit to face so I've puted "bored" →nothing and 0→nothing
I've tried "loop" in the animation trigger →nothing
I've tried "action command" with 0 on the same minotaure→ trigger block...

The goal is another god power that is a statue which can be activated regularly by the owner and eject ennemy units with if possible a run of bull ! I've some ideas (with heka gigantes) but it is very difficult and at least just "styled and fun" but we can decide to give a different power.

a last thing: could you tell me how the condition "v random unit" works because I've seen "number of random unit" but it works very strangely, I think I don't have the keys to understand

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 04-29-2017 @ 06:51 PM).]

posted 06 May 2017 07:45 PM EDT (US)     73 / 78  
You can't use those animations (unless you edit the anim file and make a mod). Only the cinematic ones.

posted 07 May 2017 07:28 AM EDT (US)     74 / 78  
Ok thank you for the answer.
So what I can do is forbid the heka's special, and enable just when I want with modify protounit.

An idea about "v random unit" ? (how it works)

and I've tested the cUnitTypeMythUnit in v tpq start and if it doesn't make a trigger block, it doesn't work at all.

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 05-24-2017 @ 04:47 PM).]

posted 24 May 2017 04:48 PM EDT (US)     75 / 78  
Another thing: I think that the arrays can be very useful for my scenary, but I don't know how they work...
And with the trigger loader we have also "quest string" and "vector" what is the difference between this objects and the normal quest var ?
posted 25 May 2017 04:19 AM EDT (US)     76 / 78  
And with the trigger loader we have also "quest string" and "vector" what is the difference between this objects and the normal quest var ?
I've never used the trigger loader so I may be wrong. I think they are both very similar to a normal QV but store a string or a vector. So "quest string" can store some letters so you may use it to store the name of a unit or a player name. Also "vector" would store a vector (three numbers) so you could save a units position in a QV vector rather than one 3 QV's (one for x, y and z).
posted 28 May 2017 03:42 PM EDT (US)     77 / 78  
OK thank you I think it needs some expérimentations.

Any answer for cUnitTypeMythUnit in v tpq start ? (why it doesn't work but no trigger block)
posted 09 June 2017 10:19 AM EDT (US)     78 / 78  
I've seen one of the scenario you recommanded me "village of nowhere" And it contains a trigger on loop with "Change Units in Area" to have villagers in place of throwing axeman.
It is efficient, but does this trigger take less processor than a V TPQ (with "v change unit" effect after) ? Because I use this kind of triggers a lot in my scenario (and I have a condition player unit count >0 for the loop)

I've see the others from you (3 witches and escape rift), it has quite a lot of triggers, I've seen in details

Other thing: I would like to enable obelisks for a chinese player who has priests.
I've tried a lot of things, and then I looked at the game's files and I didn't found the problem, because "age 1 egypt" has an effect "enable outpost" which are obelisks but it doesn't work in scenario.
There isn't other mention of outpost in the techtree, except for the cost for isis.

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 06-10-2017 @ 02:19 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » can we create a new civilisation with the editor ?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames