You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ideas for a funny AOM Titans mod
posted 18 February 2015 07:36 PM EDT (US)   
So in AOM there are the Titan units and the Osiris God as maybe the "ultimate" unit.

I was thinking for fun and laughs - can the Wololo Priest from AOE1 be modded as a Titan or Osiris god unit?

It would take some work from scratch but the Wololo sounds can be slowed down and dramatized. His conversion ability would be a major power and if he gets the Osiris guise then the super powerful lighting attack could be modded to come from his staff - Wololo!! and strike down unconverted enemies with impunity.

In the scenario editor Osiris floats around, imagine Wololo Priest randomly floating up to a village and wreaking havoc - both scary and funny!

Maybe on a random scripted map after a certain time limit, victory condition (last 2 remaining players) - Wololo Priest appears as punishment and enemy players will have to cooperate in taking him down before he converts and destroys everything!

A related idea is modding the Titan/Osiris unit to other funny characters such as Pikachu from Pokemon and Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. Imagine Pikachu's lighting attack - that fortress comes down instantly.

And Cookie Monster could slam down like a Titan while growling "Me want cooooookie!!!" He could uproot granaries and eat them up. Besides killing him, another way to stop him would be by constructing a special Wonder - Cookie Wonder - a giant chocolate chip cookie on a stone altar temple (constructed by villagers) to appease his appetite. Once the wonder is completed, Cookie Monster would immediately stop attacking and walk over to the cookie wonder, eat it and fall asleep forever...or so they think...

So basically if some funny characters can be modded in place of the existing Titans it would make things fun! Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if they are interested in working on such a mod?
I can work on creating some modified sounds for the creatures.

"Funny titans mod"
Funny character list so far:
- Wololo Priest
- Pikachu
- Cookie Monster

- Who do you want to see?
Replies:
posted 05 May 2015 09:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
I was thinking for fun and laughs - can the Wololo Priest from AOE1 be modded as a Titan or Osiris god unit?
yea, would have to be from scratch though
Maybe on a random scripted map after a certain time limit, victory condition (last 2 remaining players) - Wololo Priest appears as punishment and enemy players will have to cooperate in taking him down before he converts and destroys everything!
You'd wanna talk to rms scripters for that, we have a couple that visit this site.
And Cookie Monster could slam down like a Titan while growling "Me want cooooookie!!!" He could uproot granaries and eat them up. Besides killing him, another way to stop him would be by constructing a special Wonder - Cookie Wonder - a giant chocolate chip cookie on a stone altar temple (constructed by villagers) to appease his appetite. Once the wonder is completed, Cookie Monster would immediately stop attacking and walk over to the cookie wonder, eat it and fall asleep forever...or so they think...
... you're crazy ... does sound epic though
So basically if some funny characters can be modded in place of the existing Titans it would make things fun! Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if they are interested in working on such a mod?
I can work on creating some modified sounds for the creatures.
we have a ton of people on the site who know how to do these things, it's just seeing if they're willing.
"Funny titans mod"
Funny character list so far:
- Wololo Priest
- Pikachu
- Cookie Monster

- Who do you want to see?
cookie monster the most

posted 06 May 2015 06:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
I recently did a map scripting mummies to behave as priests performing true unit converting. Though would not work for buildings sadly.
posted 10 May 2015 05:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
You can even try Giant Fish Monster(Naga Titan) that can Swallow Units..
posted 16 May 2015 05:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Haha thanks for the replies
Now just to find the rms scripters and graphics people who would want to work on this as a fun project...

Also thought there could be 3 different version of Wololo priest:

- Regular size, with original powers

- Titan size, with some new powers

- Osiris God size, with super powers such as lighting attack

Maybe a script can be done that randomly summons Priest Titan whenever a Titan Gate is being built.
Then the priest proceeds to attack all players, enemies will have to temporarily unite to defeat him either as Titan or Osiris size.

Wololo priest already exists in Aoe 2 CD version and in the African Kingdoms expansion is available in the Scenario Creator, why not make him for Aom (and maybe Aoe3 as well)?

EDIT 1/27/17: Looks like a Pikachu mod has been made for AOM EE on Steam check it out here

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 01-27-2017 @ 06:44 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Ideas for a funny AOM Titans mod
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames