Single Player Scenarios » I Am Bear - The Cinematic

Download File Post Review Post Comment

I Am Bear - The Cinematic

Author File Description
That_Guy_U_Know
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
Tired of designing scenarios or playing online games?
Why not take a break and watch the latest film trailer.

A Suspenseful and Somewhat Humorous Film
  • Running Time: Around 5 minutes
  • Music from DragonForce and Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Decent eyecandy and trigger-work
  • Could be made into a full-length film!

CLICK HERE FOR SHOWCASE

Installation Instructions are found in the readme.
    Please rate this as a cinematic scenario.
  • Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
    AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    TBK145 5 Minutes ain't exactly film lenght ;)

Anyway, I like the screenshot very much, and the music too.
    That_Guy_U_Know
    File Author
    Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, this is a film trailer (like something you would see as a commercial).

I might make an actual film for it but probably not. Too busy with my campaign.
    Raptors Lol. By the looks of the screenshot your making fun of I am Legend.
    That_Guy_U_Know
    File Author
    A little. :)

I couldn't think of a good title and there were "I am Legend" commercials on TV.

So I kinda borrowed the title.
    Spazmodan45 Bad. Dragonforce ruined the whole movie. The song just was too annoying...
    That_Guy_U_Know
    File Author
    @Spaz
    What's wrong with DragonForce? The song is very upbeat and makes the scenario seem more exciting and epic (my opinion of course though).
    Elvarg_Flame Ok, if you make this longer, I know it will be good, by the way, I love the taunt 11 laugh + the "Rated R for Retarded!" That cracked me up!!! gj
    Cirrow
    (id: Cirruis)
    That was awesome!
    Very impressive!
    Make more!1!1!!one!
    That_Guy_U_Know
    File Author
    Thanks for all the positive feedback! I guess the negative ones too but I do like positive comments :)

@elvarg_Flame
    I would really like to make another one but I seriously need to finish my campaign. I kinda made this as a short break, but I should get back to work. Also, I'm a little overloaded with schoolwork and activities and don't have that much time to design.

@Cirruis
    I'm glad you enjoyed it :). I'm planning on working on another project so I could make another one if I have time. Hopefully, AOM doesn't die out by the time my campaign is finished :p
    Lord Basse
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability4.0
    Balance5.0
    Creativity5.0
    Map Design4.0
    Story/Instructions4.0
    'I Am Bear' by That_Guy_U_Know is a short, movie trailer style cinematic, depicting the story of war between humans an bears. This may not be the lengthiest of reviews but hopefully it gives a worthy scoring to the cinematic.

PLAYABILITY: 4
    The cinematic played smoothly and had some great aspects and effects, like the use of the laser bear, a mountain of bodies and the style the story was told as in a movie trailer. The novelty and originality of the story also adds to the points as I dont believe I've ever seen anything like this before.
    The map, triggers and etc. were all pleasing to the eye and good for the cinematic, and the Zelda music fitted very well. It all went downside when the Dragonforce music came, ruining not only the pace of the scenario with the extreme speed drums but also removing some of the atmosphere of some more majestic scenes. This is the main downside of the cinematic, apart for this I enjoyed 'I Am Bear' quite a lot.

BALANCE: 5
    As this is a pure cinematic scenario with no playable elements whatsoever, there are no ways to either add or take points from the Balance. There was never any intention of needing to struggle to reach the finish and thus I see no reason to deduct points here.

CREATIVITY: 5
    To my untrained AoM-eye, this cinematic was highly creative in many ways. First off, the very theme and story was unique and in the same time making a parody out of the movies 'I am Robot' and 'I am Legend'. Other things are the use of fire and lights to spell the term 'I Am Bear' in the end of the cinematic, just like the way movie trailers often do but with common text, the mountain of bodies with Bear and his servant monkeys on top, the very use of the cheating laser bear and a lot more brings this up to a full score.

MAP DESIGN: 4
    The map was pleasing to the eye and served its purpose well. Most parts had a good deal of eye candy, terrain mixing and elevation, making it seem just perfect. Other parts were in a lower level which could use some further mixing and attention to details. Overall, the design was good, far above that of a random map, but not outstanding enough to receieve a full score.

STORY/INSTRUCTIONS: 4
    As I mentioned before, the very idea and plot of this cinematic is unique and has, to my knowledge at least, never been used before. Although being far from finished and very shallow so far, it's quite enjoyable and certainly worth the download. A plus is also the pace and timing of the text being well timed so that one can read everything before it switches to next part. The instructions, the few needed and included, were all clear so no problems here.
    Overall, a good and unique idea although fairly shallow and open, leaving a lot to desire.

OVERALL: Unique

IN CLOSING: A unique story which could work well as a longer cinematic. A great, although very short, break from designing or other hard labour

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD: Yes.
    Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability4.0