Multiplayer Scenarios » Labyrinth Escape

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Labyrinth Escape

Author File Description
Glen654
File Details
# of Players: 5 Humans, 1 Computer
Version: AoM: The Titans
This is the randomizing maze concept I came up with earlier, but I made it a lot more efficient. About 200 triggers to 3 triggers efficient. I also made it into a decent game, added in some balance it seems pretty solid. Please tell me what you think, thanks!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 3
Well this game really never gets boring. It's always fun to play no matter what mood you're in. The only problem is that it's a little dull. Seeing gates galore and nothing else does get kind of annoying. Also if possible try to remove just the sound that the gates make and keep the other gameplay sounds, although the silent gameplay was kind of cool :p. I wanna see some random events too. The speed for the units was perfect and I'm glad you took the time to remove the god bonuses.

Balance: 5
Perfect here. The types of god powers you included for the runners were perfect, because the hunter didn't really have many obstacles, being that the escape was pretty straight-forward. I do wanna see some random events that can majorly affect the outcome. Of course, it's easily possible to win this game, especially if you're the only one left. As long as the player keeps clicking and doesn't take their hand off the mouse it can be easily beat. It just takes total concentration. But that can also be repetitive and annoying. I want to see some more variety for the player. I also liked how you kept the minotaur's special. The small delay in attack is actually what boosts the fairness in this game.

Creativity: 4
The opening and closing of gates is pretty cool and original, and I like how you took advantage of the god powers and made them into your own. I just wanna see some more of you in this. More eyecandy. If this is a labyrinth, perhaps you may want to put down some skeletons, blood, or stalagmites. I need to feel like I'm more in a labyrinth.

Map Design: 3
I wanna see some eyecandy in this. Seeing just walls and gates everytime I play this does get kind of annoying. Good eyecandy in a scenario is under-rated. It can really make a scenario. Good eyecandy adds realism and is the first thing players think about when they think of a good game. I would reccomend more labyrinth-like articles. It adds to the feel.

Story/Instructions: 4
Instructions were pretty clear and weren't lagging which I like. Alot of scenarios people make have intro cinematics with dialogs that are only a sentence long and are like ten seconds. All of your games all have decently timed instructions and I respect that. It's also good for people who have already played and don't want to wait very long. There was a part in the intro where it seemed like your english was off because I was kind of confused. I think it was "and ragnorak creates walls all around them." Around who?

Additional Comments: I like this alot. Like I said it never gets boring to play. :)

[Edited on 07/23/11 @ 12:21 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance5.0