Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Rocmaninov (incomplete)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Rocmaninov (incomplete)

Author File Description
HailToTheOboe
File Details
Version: AoM
INCOMPLETE and UNPOLISHED but FUNCTIONAL.
Submitting for fun because it'll never be entirely finished.

Cries and shrieks of giant birds once rang loud across the vast red sands of the desert. Rocs filled the sky, their majestic wings silhouetted against the beating sun. As their numbers grew, so did their boldness, and Rocs began creeping into human territory. They terrorized travelers and flew away with livestock and supplies. The Pharaoh of the city Rebban responded by initiating an enormous hunting campaign where his soldiers plunged into the desert, killing every Roc and destroying every nest and egg. After a decade of vicious hunting, only one single Roc had escaped the Pharaoh's wrath, and now he returns on a quest for which he has nothing to gain, and having lost his entire family and clan, nothing to lose.

This project has been on my list for quite a long time; however, due to my decreasing availability to work on AoM, I've abbreviated this scenario significantly and hope to bring it to completion rather than abandoning it, even though it will be smaller and less complex than originally intended.

Please watch and enjoy the video for a preview.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8NMZ0CBi8[/video]

Since the scenario is still under construction, what you see in the video is not yet the final product and is subject to change.

The main components of the gameplay are visible in the video. The gameplay itself is not complicated, but the triggering behind it is.

Gameplay
  • Fly Rocmaninov over the city using hotkeys.
  • Drop rocks on people and buildings below, with the ultimate goal of killing the Pharaoh.
  • Certain actions can trigger certain events that will effect you and the city. Sometimes in your favour, sometimes not.
  • Everyone is trying to kill you, but you're not going to let them.

Features
  • Game powered entirely by hotkeys.
  • Hotkeys will not persist into other games you continue to play in the same AoM session.
  • Dynamic first person chase camera.
  • "Artifical Semi-Intelligent" opponent
  • Unique Gameplay.
  • Soundtrack by Sergei Rachmaninov.
  • Made in Vanilla, compatible for Vanilla and Expansion

Scenario goes in the /scenario directory.
    Sounds go in the /sound directory.
  • AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    Spike Dragon Just downloaded. Gonna try.
    Glen654 I'm so glad you've finally released this (or at least a functional version)
    can't wait to try it out
    Nick The Hun
    (id: Nick_The_Hunn)
    Fix the starting cinematic it rapes my eyes :o
    Spike Dragon Oh, Man this is hard, I've been playing and playing, but I keep dying.

[Edited on 06/27/11 @ 09:21 AM]

That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    time to try this
    godpower97
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability3.0
    Balance4.0
    Creativity5.0
    Map Design4.0
    Story/Instructions5.0
    Playability: 3
    Okay, so for starters, i'll say that playing this scenario was really fun. I mean really fun. All the triggers worked like a charm and nothing went wrong. The entire layout of the scenario was great, such as having to avoid tall objects and dropping rocks in certain places (like the god statue) would affect the map as a whole.
    The only reason I give you a 3 here is because this scenario is so different that it's like playing an entirely different game. This makes it extremely difficult. I think that their should be a "training" level where you learn how to use the roc. Other than that, awesome awesome awesome!
    Balance: 4
    The balance was perfect. You could lose even if you lost concentration for a second, but even a beginner can deal significant damage to the enemy. The only reason I give you a 4 here is because of the reason I cited in the playability section.

Creativity: 5
    If I could give you a six here, I would. The ENTIRE scenario is completely original. I had never seen a scenario ever where you could get hurt by bumping into things, or a map entirely powered by hotkeys. The trigger work is probably the most creative thing about the map and I have not the faintest idea how you got the rocks to drop from the roc.

Map Design: 4
    The city was almost too beautiful to hurt. The buildings were alined perfectly with one another, and when I say perfectly, I mean perfectly. My one complaint: I think that there should have been more wiggle room outside the city if you started going the wrong way.
    Story/Instructions: 5
    Your instructions were amazing. Despite the fact that the concept of the scenario was entirely foreign to me, I knew exactly what I had to do and how to do it. I do think, though, that the intro cinamatic could have been cut in half timewise at no cost to the storyline (which was great, by the way.)

Additional Comments:
    Everyone on Aom Heaven should download this scenario, and if they don't, boy will I be angry.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability3.0
    Balance4.0
    Creativity5.0