Download File Post Review Post Comment

Tower Defense Evolution

Author File Description
Glen654
File Details
Screenshot:
# of Players: 4 Humans, 2 Computers
Version: AoM: The Titans
Welcome to a new breed of tower defense games! We have all played our fair share of tower defense games, but in Tower Defense Evolution, you will get features you will have never seen before. Tower defense revolution set a new precedent for tower defense games, and Tower Defense Evolution creates a new fun-filled experience for the whole family! (You're pushing it Glen)

Erm, anyways, there are 6 different tower types, and 9 different enemy types. Certain towers are extra effective against certain enemies, and each enemy has a special ability/feature. The game is separated into three different modes, three different difficulties, including a hectic random survival mode! Tower Defense Evolution also has a dynamic wave system, and advanced efficient triggering. Each tower has five levels, and are upgraded individually.

The nine enemies are as follows -
Automaton: The basic unit, It has normal speed and decent attack. It spawns an average amount of units per wave.
Einherjar: Similar to the Automaton, the einherjar is fairly basic, but boosts the attack of it's allies.
Promethean: At first it would seem to be another automaton, but once you kill it you realize it splits off into two automatons! Prometheans spawn slower then most enemies, and spawn less units per wave.
Colossus: Think of the colossus like an advanced automaton, almost all aspects the same except it's stronger, and harder to kill. You fight a low amount of them per wave though, and they spawn fairly slow.
Scarab: The scarab is an armored tank, it has extremely low health, but only takes 1 damage from each hit. It travels slow, and spawns slowly.
Behemoth: The second tank unit, the behemoth is the opposite of the scarab. It has no armors, but a lot of health.
Scorpion Man: Scorpion men are fast, and can strike hard. They are fairly easy to kill, but can overrun you if you aren't careful.
Sphinx: The sphinx is a rusher, it comes fast and swift, but is weak and easy to kill. Lots of sphinx spawn per wave, and they spawn fast.
Gargerensis: You will always only fight one Gargerensis per wave, it is a boss unit and deals massive damage against your defending unit if you aren't careful.

There are six basic towers, but each one has five levels (except for the energy tower).
These towers are as follows -

Arrow Tower: These towers are cheap, and have low damage. They also have low range, but are useful if you need a lot of projectiles, but not a lot of firepower. Higher upgrades can hit hard.
Plasma Tower: Plasma towers have a fast fire rate, and can deal a lot of damage in a short amount of time. A fully leveled plasma tower can devastate your opposition, as can a lot of level 1 plasma towers.
Energy Tower: Energy towers never miss, they fire beams of light or chain lightning. They are the most expensive tower, and can be crucial in fighting swarms of enemies.
Scattershot Tower: The scattershot tower fires a barrage of arrows, useful for fighting enemies close together. The highest level is a manticore, and if you know anything about me you'll know my love for manticores and bias towards their power levels. (tee hee)
High Range Tower: These towers are fairly basic, but can cover a long range. A single tower can fire over long distances, but accuracy can drop.
Javelin Tower: These towers are the only tower that don't use pierce attack, and are very useful against enemies with high pierce armor. The javelin tower can be upgraded to deal massive amounts of damage, and is cheap in the beginning.

The three modes are story mode, survival mode, and random survival. In story mode, you fight to survive for 27 waves, and win once you've killed the final boss. In survival mode, you compete to see what level you can get to. Random survival mode is similar to survival, but each wave is random. (Yes, this means you can fight gargerensis on the first wave!)

Each difficulty changes the unit you have to defend. It also changes how much gold you start with, I highly recommend playing on easy if it's your first go, as It can be confusing how to play for new players. I also highly recommend watching the cinematic if you don't know how to play, it is confusing and hard to understand how to play if you don't.

That's all I can think of right now, Have fun!

This scenario was made for godpowers scenario competition. Feel free to review!

*Update* Map updated, please re-download.
Fixes - Added music, fixed catapult manual attack bug.

Known Bugs -
~none at the moment
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
BSU_DoLhades Try using ballistas over catapults :P
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
Congradulations on your completion! Looking forward to playing this on eso and i wish you the best in the competition :)
Glen654
File Author
@Hades, ballistas are a good idea, but I already use them for level 3 scattershot tower :/
BSU_DoLhades how bout convert to a boat???
Glen654
File Author
haha I thought about it, but they take up too much room and angle weirdly if they are on a cliff. Boats were definitely considered, maybe a boat tower in the future haha
RockyBilly 1 Revolution
2 Evolution
3 Solution
4 Retribution
5 Contribution
6 Institution
7 Pollution
8 Damnation

Try these on next maps :D good job Glen

[Edited on 12/15/11 @ 01:40 PM]

BSU_DoLhades Actually Evolution was already suggested by me... so I suspect he would take a couple off that list :P

Tower Defence Progression for next one?

I am just synonyming Evolution and Revolution on word, and heres what it came up with:
Development
Fruition
Growth
Progress
Progression
Advancement

Not sure if any of the Revolution ones fit in tho, but if you do make a sequel Tower Defence Progression, Advancement and Fruition all sound good to me
RockyBilly It was only an advice, i am not trying to make him use this map names :D
Glen654
File Author
If I ever make another TD (which is doubtful) I will think of something that sounds good :)
BSU_DoLhades Tower Defence Elevation
Tower Defence Revelation
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown