Modpacks » Ojax

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Ojax

Author File Description
godpower97
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
Greece burns. Its heroes scattered or dead, the vicious norse tribes plunder the once-glorious cities for gold, food and women. His army destroyed, his family slaughtered before his eyes, his friends burning at the stake, Ajax flees to the north, desperately seeking shelter. But as he encounters fortress after fortress, filled with the norsemen he has grown to hate, his anger burns. As the norse army returns home, filled with greek booty, they find their fortresses burning, and the few remaining inhabitants whisper one name...Ojax!

This is a texture mod that changes the Ajax Elder unit into a barbarian/rogue character.

To install, move the ajax hero sheild, ajax hero spear, and ajax hero files to the program files/microsoft games/age of mythology/textures folder. Use the Aomed program to extract the protox file to the aom/data program. Open aomed, then press "Direct File Conversion".
Choose the Proto(x).XML, which you just edited.
Save the newly-converted Proto(x).XMB in the AoM/Data folder.

The Aomed program is not my creation nor my property, it belongs solely to joaqo and heaven games. The FULL download is here: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4530

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
FrozenUser12 What is it?
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
Rating
Rating: 3
Allow me to explain the way I determine a rating for a file. I start at 5, and subtract 1 point for those assets of the file I believe are significant enough to effect the rating in some way.

-1: The textures weren't anything extraordinary, although they were ok. It seemed like they were done simply with paint, and the cinematic model of ajax wasn't edited, so it did look a bit off when he went into cinematic mode.

-1: I want to see more of the creator in this and his style. What is it that makes this mod unique? It closely resembles Ajax's original texture.

Additional Comments: I hope this didn't feel criticizing in a negative way, I try to be as honest as I can so the creator can know for sure what to improve. Keep working and keep learning. :)

[Edited on 02/28/20 @ 07:43 AM]

BSU_DoLhades Well...

You downgraded this for lack of Sounds and new Animations? That seems a little unfair as he did clearly state it was just a texture mod and wishes to be reviewed on the quality of the texture rather than what he should have included in the mod.
godpower97
File Author
@Frozen: It's simply a texture mod that changes the "Ajax Elder" unit into a barbarian/rogue character.

@Aom Expert: It is specifically a texture mod. It isn't supposed to have animations or anything else.

[Edited on 02/20/12 @ 03:30 PM]

That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
Fixed.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating