Single Player Scenarios » The Kingdom of Shadow - Prologue

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Kingdom of Shadow - Prologue

Author File Description
Lewonas
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans

Description
This is the first scenario of the campaign "The Kingdom of Shadow". This scenario shows and tells you the story of The Kingdom of Shadow.

Info
Length: 4 minutes
Playable: No (cinematic)
Difficulty: N/A

Credits
Thanks to godpower97 for playtesting!

Updates
* The scenario file has been updated on 11-1-2013. Some trigger flaws have been fixed in the main battle scene and the annoying "flies sound" in the intro has been removed. Thanks to Nickonhawk for his feedback.

Read the main thread for more information.

Feel free to leave a comment or review below!

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Nickonhawk Finally...
dmetrosuper Seems Pro
Nickonhawk IT'S DEADLY!
I could hardly spot one problem. You should block those annoying flies that spoiled the silence from the beginning.
If I could ever make a scen like this, no doubt: I'll need a holyday :)
Lewonas
File Author
Thanks for the kind comments guys, I really appreciate them!

Nickonhawk, you're absolutely right about the annoying flies sound. I have removed it and updated the file. I have also improved some of the triggers in the main battle scene (e.g. the horses now immediately attack instead of idling for a very brief moment, and the visual effects of the "Fire Rock" spell have been improved! :)
Earthclaw How do you even.... what...
Amazing work. Can't wait to see the next!
Lewonas
File Author
Hehe, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

It will take a while until the next chapter is finished (due to a lack of free time). I have a lot of crazy ideas for the gameplay and I can't wait to hear your replies. :p
Zenophobia BYLETH'S FIREBALLS OP!!!! Lol I'm really looking forward to his boss fight. Probably gonna be impossible from what I've seen so far. XD

Nirgal looks like he'd be fun too, with all that jumping around and whatnot.

I'm looking forward to playing this!
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Watchability: 5
This is really well done, in fact this is possibly the best thing I've laid my eyes on in a long time. The cinematic is exciting, it's compelling, it draws you in and keeps you waiting for the next awesome feature that's just going to casually make itself known. I would definitely watch this cinematic again and it's uniqueness is unequaled in my books. It should be noted that although a prologue this cinematic resembles somewhat of a game-trailer as well. Overall I really enjoyed watching this cinematic and I am glad that you created it :D

Balance: 5
The camera work was very balanced I found, there was no out-of-place camera cuts or tracks. All of the cinematic work was top notch, or at least suited the scene favorably. In my viewing I experienced no lag or jumpiness and the zooming and pitch created no hassles. Overall the camera tracks suited the dialogue and scenes well.

Creativity: 5
I am accustom to giving out 4's for Creativity and it is not often that I will hand out a 5. In this case, if there was a 6 I would hand you a 6. This short cinematic showed some of the coolest sh-*ahem* stuff I have ever seen on AoM. The spells and abilities shown are incredibly awesome, and I can only guess on how some of them where achieved (however it is no secret that a fair bit of effort would have been put into the map for reliability). I guess it's more exhilarating by the fact that one day the user will be able to use or experience all of these cool abilities and spells and not just view them. Overall there was a lot of unique features and things that I have not seen before and pulled off in a way that is genuinely impressive.

Map Design: 5
At first reflection the map design wasn't overall exciting, but more along the lines of satisfactory and without eye-candy overkill. However after realizing that the map design that you were going for is meant to follow the story depicted of a barren wasteland of death and decay my fears were realized... you killed it. A quick re-glance over the cinematic and the ambiance and atmosphere that you portrayed was exactly what you were depicting in the dialogue below the visuals. Amazing.

Story: 4
Story was appealing and juicy but lacked proper depth I found. The scene and back story was set rather well, however I honestly can't say I remember how the world changed apart from that the 3 undead evils made it that way. But was that gradual? How did they spawn, out of nothing? Did they just appear out of no where? Where they created because mankind did something? Why and how were they created and why do they hate the living? Many unanswered questions (not including the intentionally unanswered questions at the end). It seems a pity too because you were so close to getting a perfect 5 - something I haven't given out in a long time.

Additional Comments:
This is seriously an awesome cinematic! Very well done! ~ Khan
Lewonas
File Author
Wow, thanks for the high praise Khan and Steak!

Yes, the special abilities shown in the prologue are a preview about what you can expect of the boss fights.

About the storyline. Yes, you could label the prologue as a game trailer because it indeed lacks depth storywise. This, however, was my intention. How unfortunate it is to be left with all those questions, isn't it? Perhaps they will be answered later. :)
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
You ever planning on finishing this scenario Lewonas? ~ Khan
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating