Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Journey Of Arkantos V1.1

Author File Description
Coreza123
File Details
Style: Mix
# of Scenarios: 8
Version: AoM: The Titans
Hello all this in 2012 was my first attempt at making a campaign, and served as great progress towards learning about the editor!

Story: The campaign tells the story of Arkantos who must help the city of Andros by defeating his previous friend Agammemnon. I must admit the dialogue could be a bit better, but the gameplay particularly in the later scenarios is worth the pain!

The campaign consists of eight scenarios and these are listed below:

1. Prologue (Cinematic)
2. One step from Retirement *Read bottom
3. Capturing the Docks
4. Smooth Sailing
5. War Camp of Agamemnon
6. Aftermath of the War (Cinematic)
7. Returning to Retirement
8. Playable Credits [:D]

Installation:
>Place Arkantos/1-8.scn files into your scenario folder and the .cpn file into your data folder.

Update:
- Fixed issue which prevented the campaign from starting (23/11/14).

Notes:
The game despite being made on the AoM editor does not work on AoM and only AoM: Titans

* I recently fixed the issue where you could not spawn as player 1, in the second scenario.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Legendary Raider
(id: avaget)
doesn't work for me!
goes into main menu after loading the prologue (tried in vanilla and TT editions)
maxthethrax While i look the Additional Parts my interest is going to 100%!
maxthethrax What must i do in 2 and which are my people
Coreza123
File Author
avaget: I had that problem with AoM: Original, are you sure it doesn't work on AoM: Titans. PS: I didn't create the scenarios on AoM: Vanilla.

If the scenarios still don't work try loading them in editor - Coreza123. First Scenario and not very good with problems.

maxthethrax: I think it's fixed now, if not try play testing the scenario in editor as player 1.

[Edited on 06/28/13 @ 04:40 AM]

Coreza123
File Author
Could I have a few reviews/comments, thanks?
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 2
Well, this map. Biggest problem with this map is not triggering events when you're supposed to. I found that I had to walk around in the same spot a little before completing a task, or getting the next objective. The other problem with a few of these maps is it's a lot of walking, with few accomplishments or reward. I found myself using the LETS GO! NOW! cheat just so a map wouldn't take over 2 hours to finish. Also, I found past events triggering that were already over. Make sure you disable your triggers that could send the story backwards.

Balance: 3
The problem here is that every single unit is so extremely important, that if you lose 3 or 4 it can set you back 15 minutes. Lose them all and be left with a small town, and it takes forever. I also found some loopholes in the scenarios for instance, on the one where you have to kill Gargarensis. Kamos' units just stayed on the shore while I took my time (almost an hour, had I not used the lets go now cheat) and advanced, and got underworld passage and just basically skipped all the parts of the level. In other parts it's just too hard to do anything.

Creativity: 4
I did like the story, and the in-game camera tracks were cool, although a little annoying. I liked your use of little embellishment objects to make the game more realistic, and sudden surprises that happened which caught you off guard.

Map Design: 2
Eyecandy was okay, but here's the deal: You have to avoid making a game all about just walking. Truth is, players just don't want to have to walk and walk and walk just to see the same type of terrain, receive few achievements, and do the same things. If a map's going to be like that there would have to be plenty of interesting twists and turns in gameplay and design to keep the player interested in playing. Also, like I said, a couple scenarios had loopholes where you could avoid the heat and win the scenario.

Story/Instructions: 5
Story was very creative, I know how much creativity it takes to get a solid story down. Instructions were pretty straight forward, being that there was nothing really complicated except mostly walking, fighting, and sometimes building up.

Additional Comments: Campaigns are quite a daunting thing to create, and props to anyone that even takes on the challenge! But it is something that you really have to commit to. It has to be fun all around, leaving people guessing, and always make them wanting more. I just didn't feel that with this campaign.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0