Author File Description
Nickonhawk
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Bad Contract
~
Journey to the Volcano

At last, this is finally released!
Submerge yourself in the wonderful world of mythology. This RPG scenario cycle will carry trough the most stunning eyecandy and the awesome free time enhancer gameplay which I'm sure you love!
No time to talk about everything, just download and let the awesomeness flow trough your eyes...

Nickonhawk
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Zenophobia
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
It was straightforward and the hotkey layout was simple and comfortable to use. There really wasn't anything that prevented me from playing, and I found the simplicity enjoyable.

Balance: 4
This was a very challenging scenario (I died a LOT XD). Most of the statues were appropriately priced, although in the end, I found that I didn't have enough money to purchase all the upgrades and there was nothing left to kill, something I found not very pleasing. I think it took me over an hour to complete the two scenarios, and I had to save quite often. Overall, I liked the difficulty of the scenario, but it took slightly longer than I anticipated. The boss was difficult, although most of the difficulty simply came from chipping away his life points. The pattern to defeating him was rather simple, although the time it took was extremely long. It would have been boring, had it not been for the hilarious comments that the dragon made. XD

Creativity: 4
Although this is similar to other maps where you hack your way through many enemies, it utilized really nice ability effects. I especially liked the way you designed the debuffs, although they didn't occur often enough to be much of a challenge and their effects were too small to be much of a big deal. The boss fight was hilarious. I almost rofled when I read the Skyrim comment. XD

Map Design: 4
The map design was very well made. Many of the hidden relics were really hard to find and very satisfying to discover. Of course, there's still room to improve, but map design isn't the main attraction of this scenario, so it doesn't matter too much that it isn't Oscar-level or Hirogashi-level.

Story/Instructions: 4
You took simple gameplay and objectives and added nice story elements to them, which I thought was great. The instructions, however, weren't so well done. For one thing, the messages popped up only once and didn't appear in the objectives. Another thing was that in the spotlight, the letters were misaligned. It may have looked like a table on your screen, but on mine, it was just a bunch of scraps of sentences splattered over randomly. This is probably because we have different screen resolutions, so our objectives have different widths. Oh, and at the end of the second scenario, it tells me what to type in to learn the secret code. However, for some reason, when I press enter, the chatbox does not appear, so I can't send any chats. I ended up looking through your nightmarish triggers to dig out the code for the boss fight scenario. You might want to look into that.

Additional Comments:
I'm still questioning what that scene with Cogan almost tripping off a cliff was supposed to mean. I saw a similar cliff in the boss fight, so I thought that maybe the dragon would fall off of it, but nothing happened when he moved clos3e. Anyways, I really enjoyed this scenario as a whole, despite the random glitches and bugs, and I hope to see more from you soon. Happy designing! XD
Nickonhawk
File Author
My god, first, thanks a lot for the review! Now, where to start?

"although in the end, I found that I didn't have enough money to purchase all the upgrades and there was nothing left to kill"
There should have a ton of ulfsarks messing around.

"I especially liked the way you designed the debuffs, although they didn't occur often enough to be much of a challenge and their effects were too small to be much of a big deal"
I considered small timers since the map itself isn't too big. There are also hidden effects. Did you ran into the bolts from the thunder shield?

"Another thing was that in the spotlight, the letters were misaligned. It may have looked like a table on your screen, but on mine, it was just a bunch of scraps of sentences splattered over randomly."
Holy crap, no! :( Mine it looks exactly like an opened book and it took a monstrous time to make.

"However, for some reason, when I press enter, the chatbox does not appear, so I can't send any chats"
You should have nottuds superpack. It has a chat box in the high right part of the screen. Near the pause menu, you can send chats from there.

"I ended up looking through your nightmarish triggers to dig out the code for the boss fight scenario."
LOL XD

"I'm still questioning what that scene with Cogan almost tripping off a cliff was supposed to mean. I saw a similar cliff in the boss fight, so I thought that maybe the dragon would fall off of it, but nothing happened when he moved clos3e."
Might be my stinky English knowings, but I really don't know what you mean. What cliff?

"Happy designing! XD"
You too! Btw did you played the bonus?
Zenophobia no, i didn't manage to beat the dragon without deaths. I'd need to go through your triggers and modify Cogan's attack by 9000 just to unlock it XD.

And at the second scenario, there was a cliff at the corner of the map close to where you start. There was a small scene where Cogan says: "That was close." because he almost fell off. Later on, in the boss fight, I saw a group of rocks on the left side of the arena that looked similar to the one in the main scenario.

I also avoided the Thunder Shield completely, so I didn't see any secret effects.
Nickonhawk
File Author
You can modify anything ya want man :P And the two cliffs have absolutely no connection.
Nickonhawk
File Author
Meh...

[Edited on 08/23/13 @ 05:34 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating